69 coaches online • Server time: 22:23
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Reisender

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2013 - 10:51 Reply with quote Back to top

1890 last one to miss light, 1710 last one to miss dark if i remember right (PC announced them in irc)
BooAhl

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2013 - 11:17 Reply with quote Back to top

So light was higher, never thought that. 1710 I could have reached with my Rats I guess.
maysrill

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2013 - 12:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Rijssiej wrote:
Let me kick off with a pick for each of the Qs:

Light Qualifiers
Amber - To the topranked

I tried to remember the name of my qual, then went looking for my team to see which it was... I didn't see my team name in your list.

/haz a sad

(seriously though, I'd pick 'em too)

Author of Firehurler (Twinborn Trilogy Book #1), Aethersmith (Book #2), Sourcethief (Book #3)
p4m

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2013 - 15:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Steel Lantern: Diggy Doomers
Obsidian Lantern : Fiery Fighters
Crimson Lantern: Punish the Monkey
Copper Lantern: Fleetfoot's Revenge I
Bronze Lantern: Worshipers of Warpstone
Brass Lantern: Doh
Ash Lantern: A Knife In The Dark
Alabaster Lantern: Skavenblight Fury!

Light Lantern: Popes of Mope
Jade Lantern: Chrace Charioteers
Grey Lantern: Ultimate Superheroes
Golden Lantern: Pickers Paradise 2
Celestial Lantern: Purple Delvers (although i would have put my bet on Shusaku, who lost first round)
Bright Lantern: Kabouters
Amethyst Lantern: Du Svardenvyrd II
Amber Lantern: To the topranked
PainState

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2013 - 15:40 Reply with quote Back to top

** Milford from the UI **

UI has kicked off and the action is allready coming at us.

Right after the opening ceremonies the action was hot and bloody on the grid iron.

WHAT A SPECTACLE OF BLOOD to kick off the opening day of the UI.

Nickellbacks pummells Sithi D team into the pitch and lays out 3 RIPS for the fans delight. Oh the stadium was buzzing with excitment and blood lust frenzy as the Wood elves where ground into the turf and laid out.

Sithi after the match managed to limp into the UI HQ and lodge an official complaint.

1)How in the name of NUFFLE is norse a light qualifier team?
2)Light mean followers of law and all that is good right? Well those guys worship chaos!!!
3)If light means some grouping of bashers/ballers...they have freaking CPOMB!!! how is that baller?
4)Did you look into the stands? those guys had a group of 50 chaos warriors from the wastes who are travelling fans of the norsemen....can we revist this Good/Evil break down again?
5)It was unfair that we had to play on the opening day....We are kindred elves and we did not even get to hang out and have some fun with our brother elves in Ulthuan...in fact after we lost our luggage was waiting on the curb and the porters were ready to load us up on a ship and get us out of Ulthuan. Where is the Wood Elf love from our brother High Elves? I thought you guys did not hold grudges like the bearded ones. Are we mistaken?

Well Iam sure that list of complaints and protest will go to the highest levels of the UI competition committe and then find its way into the closest waste basket.

The UI started out with a roar...lets hope it continues.

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2013 - 16:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Well I have contemplated the brackets. Racked my brain and consumed vast amounts of beer. When I woke up in the morning there they where on my desk.

the official qualifier picks

Light side:

Light: Shrieking Bloodstorm
Jade: Lustrian Knights
Grey: Empire Strikes Back insanity
Golden: Smooth EXP
Celestial: Blood Sea Buccaneers
Bright: Chupato
Amethyst: Booty Pirate
Amber: Cold Blooded Offensive

Dark Side:

Steel: Diggy Doomers
Obsidian: Old School DJ
Crimson: Rat Dynasty
Copper: Gentle Bowlers
Bronze: Pig Sty Alley
Brass: Schlumpen
Ash: A Knife in the Dark
Alabaster: Skavenblight Fury!

Last night as I was making the picks my gut was telling me that this is the tournament when lizardmen or Humans finally win a major.

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2013 - 16:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Good picks there PainState! Wink

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2013 - 16:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Chainsaw wrote:
Good picks there PainState! Wink

Maybe if Milford puts some pressure on the Pig Sty they wont spit the bit in the opening round.

Surprised Shocked Very Happy

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2013 - 16:32 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
Maybe if Milford puts some pressure on the Pig Sty they wont spit the bit in the opening round.

Surprised Shocked Very Happy

Old habits die hard though Rolling Eyes we'll see Saturday 2300bbtime!

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2013 - 17:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Over in the darkside qualifer the marauders showed up and then got promptly booted. They were upbeat about the loss. All grins and smiles. They made goblins the world over smile and raise a pint in victory with their stellar play and cant lose attitude.

In other news.....

Late last night as everyone was focused on the kick off of the UI. Three esates were robbed and 5 guards were found dead.

According to authorities the three estates were plundered in the amount of 2 mil. worth of gold and silver. The robbers were of goblin origin according to inside sources due to details not yet disclosed at the estates. Authorities are perplexed due to the fact that the goblin race has not been scene on Ulthuan in generations.

There is currently a massive man hunt for goblins at the UI. It seems somebody thinks that the culprits might just be a Blood Bowl team.

In other related news.....

Last night at the main dock yard it was reported that a goblin dingey busted out of the harbour late in the night with a steady tail wind. Corsairs were sent in pursuit but lost them in a squall 15 miles out to sea. Acoording to Ri' Tor Rund the admiral in charge of the Harbor the pursuit will continue and that no goblin dingey can possibly elude his corsairs. According to the Admiral the charges and reason for the pursuit was failure to pay anchorage and loading taxes. The dock labor union was upset that the dingey was loaded with out union workers.

Last edited by PainState on %b %14, %2013 - %17:%Mar; edited 1 time in total
p4m

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2013 - 17:30 Reply with quote Back to top

*sniff* these poor gobos - pummeld to death be a blinded ref ...
JigerJones

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2013 - 17:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Light side:

Light: Mente Malata(LOST Semi's)
Jade: Chrace Charioteers(LOST 1st round)
Grey: Ultimate Superheroes(LOST 1st round)
Golden: Pickers Paradise 2 (LOL)
Celestial: Cinecutre
Bright: Kabouters(LOST Semi's)
Amethyst: Authorized(LOST 1st round)
Amber: To The Topranked

Dark Side:

Steel: Sprite Crusaders(LOST finals)
Obsidian: Fiery Fighters(LOST 1st round)
Crimson: Punish the Monkey(LOST 1st round)
Copper: Nurgle Farters(LOST 1st round)
Bronze: Another Pack of Rats
Brass: Annoingly Green Armada IV(LOST Semi's)
Ash: Feed the Beast(LOST 1st round)
Alabaster: Nurkulan Mukulat(LOST semi's)

Last edited by JigerJones on %b %25, %2013 - %18:%Mar; edited 3 times in total
p4m

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2013 - 17:49 Reply with quote Back to top

JigerJones wrote:

Golden: Pickers Paradise 2 (LOL)

i like that Wink
PainState

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2013 - 18:26 Reply with quote Back to top

One team has drawn a lot of attention for their no show is the Tiny Steel Hammers. The defending 2012 Ranked Majors points champion elected not to show. According to inside the team sources they felt that the UI was stacked against them. Last year they did not even make it out of qualifing. They also said that coach Azure is still a little defensive about that foul that took out Little John in the WO. But denies that the team is discombobulated to the point that they dont think they have what it takes to compete at a high level with out him.

Sources outside the team are indicating that reports have surfaced that the Hammers think their title runs are over with and the "window" has closed on their chances of winning another major.

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2013 - 18:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Blood Sea Buccaneers VS Agility Monsters tickets sold out in a UI record of 14 minutes on Wed. night.

The word on the "street" is that tickets are scalping for 5X face value and the suites are going for 15X face value.

The fans are pumped and the expectations for a quality match are high.

When a reporter cornerd Bo in the team hotel and started asking him questions that reported received the T/MB/PO as a answer. The other reporters who saw the event reported later that day that Bo is ready and has his game face on.

**That reporter who got the T/MB/PO crawled into the mens room and has not been scene since.**

Kick off is slated for

Friday 22:00 BB TIME at the majestic Ulthuan Grand Stadium