24 coaches online • Server time: 04:35
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post SWL Season CIgoto Post RNG speculationsgoto Post Roster Stats - Snotl...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Jul 26, 2013 - 17:02
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Is each foul worth 40TV?

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
ThePeoplesChamp

Post   Posted: Jul 26, 2013 - 17:04 Reply with quote Back to top

almost definitely depending on what you're fouling!
B_SIDE

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2013 - 00:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Yep. A ST5 zombie or two would make everything better.
Tzij

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2013 - 02:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Hitonagashi wrote:
Thing is Tzij, I don't find that that scary.

I have to agree. I don't think any combination of skills or stats on necro would be scary for both Chaos/Nurgle or Woodies. Zombies just suck. There is no way around that. There are 6 ball carriers, at least one needs to be made into a killer and that same player needs one or two doubles to do it. Two, while not the worst player in the game, are still pretty crappy.

Prov had a really nice ball carrier wolf once: Blodge, Double +MA, double +AG. Something like that paired with a killer wolf and a sprinkling of guard/other skills they may have a chance.

Against most bashers, Necro rely on regen, a bench, precision removal and fouling.

Against ballers like stat freak Woodies? I don't really know. Heaven forbid something like Vindaloo + Wiz.
licker

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2013 - 04:09 Reply with quote Back to top

You can easily skill the wights into tacklePOMB if you want, but you have a hard time with guard. Even if you take guard on the wights you still have a hard time with it.

FGs just get worse the higher up in TV the team goes. Ghouls are almost compulsory as a ball carrier or back up ball carrier, and ghouls are easy targets.

I dunno, I think necro can be 'competitive' with the right combo of stats and doubles, but they will need more luck than your standard Tier 1 team to win a big tournament.

I'd consider just trying to hang back on TV some, take as much dp as you can on your zombies, and pray that inducements and fouls let you make a more even match.
Rat_Salat

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2013 - 17:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
I don't know why mummies should be so much better than FGs, but they are, especially ST6 ones.

Well, because you get to replace 2 ghouls with werewolves. Not saying Necro are some kind of super-team, but dropping two mummies and two ghouls to gain 2 wolves and 2 FGs seems like a reasonable trade. Now, getting rid of the necro team altogether and merging them with Undead, well. That might help. 2 mummies, 2 wights, 2 werewolves, and 2 ghouls just might be able to do some work. Unfortunately they would also be so unbelievably good at low-mid TV that a change like this is almost out of the question.

The problem is indeed the linemen. What is an asset at low-mid TV (cheap, durable) becomes a liability at high TV. Teams like Orcs, Dark Elves and Chaos can build 5-6 good 2-3 skill players to compliment 3-4 superstars. These teams are more consistent and resilient against tournament super-bash. It's a similar situation to lizardmen, with their great positionals and terrible bench.
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2013 - 18:23 Reply with quote Back to top

The answer might actually be to develope (some of) the Zombies. Tomblords used to have two Blodge Guard Fend Zombies and they were pretty tough nuts to crack. Just takes long to get them there...
Garion

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2013 - 18:25 Reply with quote Back to top

This could have been answered in one post.

At high TV this game has always been in favour of the teams that go to the two extremes. Bash and Agility. At high TV the bash teams are too good at bashing for all other teams to cope with, and agility teams just have too much Ma and Ag for any other teams to cope with.

yes you will get games where an inferior high TV team like Necro will win against Uber bash or Uber Agility. But achieving this over a prolonged period is gonna be extremely tough.

They could win a major but they would need a very nice draw each round to do so and more luck than Uber agile or Uber bash teams would need.

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2013 - 19:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Rat_Salat wrote:
Quote:
I don't know why mummies should be so much better than FGs, but they are, especially ST6 ones.

Well, because you get to replace 2 ghouls with werewolves. Not saying Necro are some kind of super-team, but dropping two mummies and two ghouls to gain 2 wolves and 2 FGs seems like a reasonable trade. Now, getting rid of the necro team altogether and merging them with Undead, well. That might help. 2 mummies, 2 wights, 2 werewolves, and 2 ghouls just might be able to do some work. Unfortunately they would also be so unbelievably good at low-mid TV that a change like this is almost out of the question.

I wasn't suggesting that FG be replaced by mummies, I was wondering why the difference between the two seems so vast.

Yes, Wolves are superior to ghouls, but only if you don't use them to carry the ball. Undead have no choice in the matter and will likely stumble upon some nice stated ghouls along the way. Statted ghouls are good, if not as survivable as statted wolves, but on the other hand, Undead isn't trying to build their best players to be their ball carriers AND their main blitzer.

St5 just trumps St4+ G access to an absurd level it seems. I didn't really think this should have been the case, but it really is. St5 gets away with a lot fewer assists than does St4, and considering how hard it is to get guard on either team, the Mummies can usually do their thing while allowing the spare zombies/skeles to do other things, even if those other things are just getting the way of the other team.

Necro can't do this as well, so even though SF is a great skill, the FGs are still not as useful as mummies, even with G access, since mummies also tend to skill a bit quicker due to starting with MB. Also a double on a mummie is gold. A double on a FG is almost totally meh. Dodge, diving tackle... both nice skills, but neither really makes the FG that much harder to handle.
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2013 - 20:34
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Skeletons are better than zombies too so that may help

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2013 - 20:51 Reply with quote Back to top

"Necro's seem to naturally fit the CRP model of 4-6 uber players supported by unskilled fodder."

yessss, so that fits CRP in TV matching environment but it isn't necessarily good for winning a tournament.
zombies just suck too much
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2013 - 23:29 Reply with quote Back to top

licker wrote:
Umm...

The star is also AG5...

That kind of makes a difference. Most teams who can feature an MA8 AG5 player are going to do well.

Not to take away from the accomplishments your team has achieved, it has performed quite impressively, but still... AG5 is absolutely huge.

Aint that the truth. I started off my Roquefort Runners with two GRs with AG 5 on skill ups and painted a path of victory at will almost. Since then its been mediocrity and bad luck after they were gone. AG5 is a crutch, plain and simple.
BooAhl

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2013 - 23:56 Reply with quote Back to top

To all you non belivers: Suck on THIS!

Te-E-Bow unforlorning Necros since 2013! (Hopefully)
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2013 - 00:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Te-E-Bow !!!!!

Awesome stuff dude! Really hope you win the final!

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2013 - 00:08 Reply with quote Back to top

BooAhl wrote:
To all you non belivers: Suck on THIS!

Te-E-Bow unforlorning Necros since 2013! (Hopefully)

Good luck in the Black Cup final!

Jump to: