55 coaches online • Server time: 19:14
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post GIF Guidegoto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post TSC Draft
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Fizban

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2007 - 11:16 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with Kalamona here - make them a bit scarier and take away the agility (wild animal or bonehead - either works for me). Giving them hands (as halivaraith says) is also a must. Fluffwise or other, it makes them a goblin (with hands) on a spider! They do not have anything that can deal with a big guy on the field without mobbing it, so the spider is ok to be good in a different way. They don't need to be good at leaping, but being able to if desperate is interesting. Desperation plays are what make stunty fun!
Fiz
HunterX

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2007 - 13:52 Reply with quote Back to top

But it's great fluff! Hunting spiders are JUMPING spiders! Having hands isn't any kind of fluff at all. And why Bonehead instead of WA?

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2007 - 13:57 Reply with quote Back to top

they are not hunting spiders then. Smile

i explaind bonehead. in my version either the rider and the mount work idealy a gets the 2 heads bonus. or they want to go to diffent directions and struggle with each other (failed bonehead roll). if they have wild animal that means they need to block or blitz. if they have bonehead they can carry teh ball even with ag2.
HunterX

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2008 - 17:13 Reply with quote Back to top

FINAL ROSTER:

0-2 Spider Rider 90k 7 3 2 7 Dodge, Leap, Bonehead, Shadowing, Two Heads (A,S)
0-2 Forest Goblin Shaman 60k 6 2 3 5 Dodge, Hypnotic Gaze, Stunty (G,A)
0-4 Forest Goblin Stikka 60k 6 2 3 6 Dodge, Stakes, Stunty (A)
0-16 Forest Goblins 40k 6 2 3 6 Dodge, Stunty (A)

Rerolls 60k

Apothecary: Yes
Wizard: No

Star Player: Fumlig da Venemous Spidah

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2008 - 00:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Ensnare (a bit like Hypnotic gaze, but maybe against st instead of ag)?

How about extra long legs and -1 movement?

Maybe no hands, seeing the goblinrider not being able to hold the ball AND control the spider... (Maybe giving it wild animal only for the duration of the goblinrider holding the ball)

Dont know if that is possible though.

I have no idea of how to balance this out, but thought it would give the spider som abilities that was suitfull for a spider.
johan

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2008 - 09:46 Reply with quote Back to top

So this team looks like it will end up #2 in the vote.

In some ways, I really like it - the fluff is solid, and having a replacement for the old Goblin team is fine and dandy. The Spider Rider in particular offers a number of cool options for its development.

But do you guys think that the team is powerful enough? Sure, the Spider Rider is pretty useful to hunt the ball with, but the rest of the team has low to very low AV, and limited bashing power. I can't see what this team has to offer compared to, for instance, Squigs (which have sturdier goblins, vastly nastier bashing, and more leapy Leapers).

Except that it will utterly rip apart any Undead-based team with those stakes. Smile

Edit: All the top fours at the moment look like worthy teams, by the way. And if a team proves underpowered (as I suspect this one is), it can always be upgraded later.

Last edited by johan on %b %29, %2008 - %10:%Jan; edited 1 time in total
Khaan

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2008 - 09:54 Reply with quote Back to top

I really like the forest goblin idea. At some point it had a passing game with a slightly elvish touch. That got lost somewhere along the way.

The Boyz
SillySod

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2008 - 10:00 Reply with quote Back to top

I like this team, but call them halflings, and say the positionals are many legged halflings from a different island.... and then (as shadow would say) we have FLUFF!

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
johan

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2008 - 10:01 Reply with quote Back to top

I had hoped to see a team with a good passing game get included (read: my Slann team Wink ). At the moment, Gnomes probably have the best passing, and that's just wrong. Smile
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2008 - 23:01 Reply with quote Back to top

johan wrote:
I had hoped to see a team with a good passing game get included (read: my Slann team Wink ). At the moment, Gnomes probably have the best passing, and that's just wrong. Smile

Well, I'd like to see Stunty passing as well, but I'm not sure Goblins make any more sense than Gnomes..

(and I wanted Slann also!)
SillySod

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2008 - 23:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Agreed, I can't see any reason that goblins should be passing superstars, even in stunty.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
oryx

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2008 - 19:02 Reply with quote Back to top

think spiders should have OFAB... this would sort of intrude upon the domain of strigs, but it would help justify g access, and makes a fair amount of fluffy sense.
ChemCommando

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2008 - 00:27 Reply with quote Back to top

I have to say I'm extremely disappointed in this team. I voted for it based on the idea of a passing stunty team, only to find out that was completely removed and the final roster is all regular goblins,(Edit: Regular goblins with one less armor who cost the same) except for ones with stakes? Thats all well and good if you fight undead all the time, but otherwise?

A terrible disappointment.
GoEC

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2008 - 00:42 Reply with quote Back to top

This team is a far cry from the original team that was in the first post, and frankly it seems terrible. I don't really see what this team has going for it all. Av 6 gobbos that cost the same as regular gobbos are just going to end up as stains on the playing field. Stakes are lame and they give the players a chance of being thrown off the pitch every turn. The spider rider is interesting, but with ag 2 it's not going to be able to really take advantage of it's leap or dodge and won't be able to reliably pick up the ball.

Everything considered, they seem like one of the worst stunty teams available.
johan

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2008 - 00:56 Reply with quote Back to top

The fluff is okay...

Become like any other sport, a battleground...”

—Benny Andersson & Björn Ulvaeus, Chess
 Jump to: