37 coaches online • Server time: 17:01
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Making Assassins mor...goto Post NAF Charity Tourney ...goto Post What To Do In My Tur...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
pac

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2006 - 10:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Purplegoo wrote:
This result leaves the top of the Unicorn Conference extremely tight. With it looking like the promotion issues will only be settled on the last day of the season, does anyone think it would be a good idea to try and synchronize the kick-off times (in each division) in round 7 that have an effect on promotion/relegation/championship issues? Or is that an unfeasible idea?

The only thing I do try to do, is make sure a match which can't affect the top spot is played <i>last</i> if there's a chance there could be a tie at the top. This is because the FUMBBL site doesn't automatically use the league's tie-breakers, and I don't want it to award the title to someone on its criteria before I get the chance to add a discretionary point so it uses ours.

As for the rest … I just can't see it being practical to organise, to be honest. I can certainly see what you mean - if you wait longer to play your final match, you get the advantage of knowing you need a win, or just a draw, or maybe that you can afford to lose! - but I can't see that it would be feasible to get several pairs of coaches to kick off at once. Also, if that were done, it would stop spectators from watching both matches (unless they flick between the two, I suppose).

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2006 - 10:53 Reply with quote Back to top

pac wrote:

The only thing I do try to do, is make sure a match which can't affect the top spot is played <i>last</i> if there's a chance there could be a tie at the top. This is because the FUMBBL site doesn't automatically use the league's tie-breakers, and I don't want it to award the title to someone on its criteria before I get the chance to add a discretionary point so it uses ours.

As for the rest … I just can't see it being practical to organise, to be honest. I can certainly see what you mean - if you wait longer to play your final match, you get the advantage of knowing you need a win, or just a draw, or maybe that you can afford to lose! - but I can't see that it would be feasible to get several pairs of coaches to kick off at once. Also, if that were done, it would stop spectators from watching both matches (unless they flick between the two, I suppose).

Fair enough! Just a thought. I didn't think it would be all that practical - and the spectator point is a good one.
Xenon

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2006 - 14:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Schwartzenegger's Stunts 0 vs 2 Games R Us

The Stunts are completely unwilling to recognise that this match even happened.
Rumours abound concerning accusations that the elves used secret weapons in this match, but the dwarves can't bring themselves to even recognise the beating they recieved from "Weak" Elves, let alone lodge an official complaint about this "Cheating"
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2006 - 10:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Rickson By Armbar 0 - 0 Doomed From the Start

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=1338103

This game started pretty well. The DFTS kick-off landed in the hands of an unexpectant Black Orc, and the resultant 7 turn (injury-time was called) grind was kept out of the Necro endzone. The Wolves had done a decent job too, with KO's levelling the squads out at 11 for the 2nd half Necro possession.

Second half was shocking. I think that I'm right in saying that all 8 of my turns and about 6 of Bill-BJJ's ended on a 1, a re-rolled 1, a skull or a double skull. This coupled with about 5 reloads made it a really painful experience for coaches and spectators alike.

Arch-Vile, the DFTS star blodge Wolf niggled himself on a GFI, we only got 40k winnings each, there were a total of 12 spp's had from the match (inc. MVP's), Rickson lost a fan factor...... Yuck. Terrible game, and the rebuild looks an even bigger job now for 'From the Start.
pac

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2006 - 23:48 Reply with quote Back to top

After a narrow win (achieved more by luck than judgement) over the Clan Mac Feegle, the Storm Warriors' management hastily convened a press conference to refute the damaging rumours that had been circulating around the club.

Coach pac stated: 'I have been forced to call you here so that I can act to clear this team's good name of the false allegations made against it. Some critics have maliciously suggested that recent signing Druderonolevagar could not possibly have developed such un-elflike strength without there being some programme of doping behind it. It has even been suggested that established player Morevenor earned his powerful physique under the same fictitious regime.

'The Storm Warriors have always spoken out strongly against cheating in all its forms. Our anti-drugs campaign is a high priority for us and we will do everything possible to put a stop to these unwarranted rumours. Therefore, we have invited the league association to conduct a full and extensive investigation into the club's training system. And so I will hand you over to Commissioner pac of the White Isle League.'

At this point, Coach pac disappeared beneath the desk at which he had been seated, and shortly re-emerged wearing a hat.

Commissioner pac continued: 'Thank you, Coach pac. As an impartial authority, I can confirm that we have investigated the Storm Warriors thoroughly with regard to this matter. No evidence whatsoever of doping or foul play has been discovered. Furthermore …'

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2006 - 02:05 Reply with quote Back to top

In other news:

The Round 6 Premier Division match between Shadow's Minions - coached by PeteW - and IrnBru Reanimator - coached by JockMcRowdy, will be played this Friday (1st September) at 8pm (although I am not yet sure whether this is UK or bb time). Both teams (along with Britnoth's Dominus Astrum) still have a shot at the title - so there will be no holds barred!

I hope to see a big crowd there. Smile

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2006 - 23:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Doomed From the Start 1 - 1 Sewer Thieves' Society

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=1345681

'From the Start continue to delight and frustrate their fans in equal measure. Chalking up this, their ninth game undefeated. The draw with the Thieves gave coach Purplegoo significant satisfaction, as his ma 4 heavy team survived the lightning-fast Skaven attack. A one rolled by each team kept the score tied, and that was probably fair on balance.

The downside was another expensive player niggled, this time the valuable Mancubus. Having picked up a TD and 3 cas in this game (not bad for a Flesh Golem), he suddenly felt the weight of the team on his broad shoulders..... And aged a niggle.

Ah well.

The rebuild continues!
Xenon

Post   Posted: Sep 12, 2006 - 14:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Schwartzenegger's Stunts 1 - 1 Valhala Here I Come

This was a really close match that really could have gone either way at any stage.

The dwarves were boyant going into this match, even if they were the underdogs. How better to beat Norse, than by being dwarves?! The first half saw the whistle blow and only 1BH a piece.

The second half saw Cas a plenty though and although there was little the stunts could do to stop the TD, the roles were reversed on the 3rd kick off and the dwarves had little trouble levelling the game.

The most notible acheivment of the match was the founding of the "Eraser" Fanclub by rival coach Purplegoo. How could you not be impressed by this ST2 Mighty Blow Blitzer?! If you're interested in showing your support for this player then please PM Purplegoo with you interest. Who knows he was threatening to start an "Eraser" News letter to keep you posted on this super player's latest exploits...
Xenon

Post   Posted: Sep 13, 2006 - 14:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Schwartzenegger's Stunts 2 - 0 Rasut's Rewind

The Stunts entered this match knowing that a win was their only chance at clinching a play-off spot.
With the Mummies hardly managing to hurt any of the Stunts, the apocothary was able to put his feet up and enjoy the game... for once!
With a strong home crowd for the stunts the dwarves were able to stay near the edge of the match and 2 players even stepped off the pitch mid-drive to sign autographs for the clamouring fans. However as soon as 1 of the poor skellies was knocked into the crowd they ripped him to pieces. Some good work by the necromancer saw the many broken bones reform to come back on for the 2nd half.
Although the match wasn't a complete walk over, there wasn't much "Rasut's Rewind" could do to stop the 2 TDs and the stunts stay in the race for the play off spot!

The most notible achievement of the match was the death of "Li-Iq" in the absolute dying seconds. In fact grumbles were heard from the opposing camp that the whistle had already blown. "Eraser" completely disputes this and with his newly formed Fan Club cheering him on for yet another CAS, there was little arguement and as yet no official complaint has been lodged.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Sep 13, 2006 - 23:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Doomed From the Start 1 - 0 Drow Rangers

Coach Purplegoo was unavailable for comment following the game between 'From the Start and the Rangers, as he'd left the Romero Arena in controversial new Halfling owner Rollspam Ahamsandvich's private yacht with both sets of cheerleaders for company. However, Mancubus team star and captain made himself available to the gathered press.

"Yeah, uh, y'know, the boys done good. The Rangers, were, y'know, errrr, well coached, and errr, we were pretty worried when the doggies both, errr, got badly hurt by the end of turn two. But the Zombie boys did good, errr, they love those Darkie brains!"

"You seemed pretty lucky out there Mancubus, everything went your way tonight?"

"Yeah, uhhh, you know, it was a game of two halves, and y'know, Nuffle helped us through both. To be fair, it's in the bad times we'll need to remember this result."

"And the Premier Division next year! How do you think that will go?"

"Errr, we'll take it a game at a time, err, no easy games, but we'll do our best. Great to be up with, the umm, big boys. High quality brains for the lads."

Special mention has to be made of the mighty Azertraph, who began the game a Dark Elf, played so well he got their MVP, then died, became a Zombie, and earned the Necro MVP too. Truly a great performance! Thanks for the game Frankenstein, I hope you get all of my luck next season. I'm so rusty not playing often, leaving my Wolves for easy fouls, 5+ misclicks.... It was all so lucky! Embarassed
ultwe

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2006 - 01:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Storm Warriors 1 - 1 Class of 99

Well, the humans went into this game knowing that nothing short of a victory was an acceptable result. Th Elves on the other hand, knew that a draw would be enough to spare them the humiliation of a play off...

The Class of 99 brought in some reinforcement, in the shape of the count, but this supposedly star player was quickly dispatched to the RIP box by what seemed to be foul mean... (despite the encouragement from coach Ultwe, the referee refused to look at the replays from Cabal-vision, which seem ed to clearly show the count being booted while lying prone.... Not all of the comments by the human coach can be reporoduced here, though some members in the crowd are reporting that he seemed to be mumbling the word zidane over and over....) The first half so a quick score from Olivier Magne, and the 2 teams went to half time with the humans leading 1 - 0, thanks to a last ditch ankle tap from Philippe Bernat-Salles, who prevented a surefire TD from Arondekhenedor.

The second half saw a long and drawn out march downfield by the elves for an eventual score in the dying moments. There was just enough time for the Humans to try a quick score, but the e;ves (some say illegally) seemed to move before the referee had blown his wistle for the restart, therefore denying the better team the victory that was its due....

The fan clearly demonstrated the fact that they believed the human to be better, with Class of 99 reporting 10 thousands new members to its official fanclub.

(PS: it was a great game, and there will be a reckoning..... :-p )

π is aproximately 3.142 times better than any other food

Last edited by ultwe on %b %15, %2006 - %09:%Sep; edited 1 time in total
pac

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2006 - 01:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, in the second half the Storm Warriors learned their lesson - take no risks! No attempts at clever switching or passing plays, no trying to score with the Rookie, just keep the ball in the hands of the ST 4 Block guy and press on through!

A good game, and tense right to the end - I felt sure at the end that your Stand Firm Blitzer would find a way to get next to my ball-carrier, refuse to be knocked down, and I'd trip on double-1s again!

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2006 - 22:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Ash Ridge Raiders 1
Pipe Smokers of the Year 0

In the opening game of the Albany regional division, the raiders managed to grind out a 1-0 win over the high elves. Though they won the game the raiders didn't exactly over impress, only managing to get hold of the ball once which was during the first half, which led to a long drive up the right hand side of the Pipe Smokers defence, eventually leading to the sole TD of the game. Rest of the game was spent trying to stave off the Smokers attack, managing to sack the Phoenix Warrior mid way through the second half, ball bouncing out of bounds and ending in the middle of the Smokers half. The Raiders managed to get plenty of bodies around the ball, making it tough for the Smokers to recover the ball and toughed it out until the final whistle. Head Raiders coach Anderson commented after the match, being out cassed by Elves was not good but out scoring them was mighty fine, bring on the woodies in the next round, hopefully under elved!!
Unstoffe

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2006 - 11:48 Reply with quote Back to top

BCC Crusherz 1 - 1 Something is Rotting

A painful start to the season for the rotters, some tough blocking from the Crusherz left two beastmen dead after just three turns. Looks like these beasts were elves in a former life though, they managed to score, and kept dodging around making a nuisance of themselves. Still, a draw was really all we could hope for, although annoyingly Nuffle arranged for what looked lilke a certain winner as a beast was standing with the ball and a clear run to the endzone... but then a thrown goblin blitzed him down on a 2-dice my choice.

Post   Posted: Oct 10, 2006 - 23:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Schwartzenegger's Stunts 2-1 Dead Night Countesses

The Stunts put in what can only be called a workman like performance and clinched this game with a textbook 2-1 result. Sadly the crowd weren't so impressed by these "exciting" tactics and retired "Conan The Destroyer" to the coaching bench, whilst giving "End of Days" a nasty limp. The Vamps on the other hand didn't manage to inflict much pain and the slow grinding drives were virtually unstoppable to their defense. Another good start to the season for the Stunts.
 Jump to: