64 coaches online • Server time: 21:51
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post GIF Guidegoto Post TSC Draft
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Hero164

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2016 - 00:32 Reply with quote Back to top

And teams having 5 legends is amazing. I spec many many more games than I play, unsurprisingly I never spec the 1600 games, I spec the 2100 games.

And dropping a reroll and 2 players would make that team suck. 11 fragile players at that TV, You'd spend the rest of the time trying to build up to get back some spare, unskilled bodies. Probably taking cas along the way. Spending the money then means you don't have it to rebuild.

It would also take 7 players over 40 games so theres another 140k to trim.

So either I then fire skilled players and play with a min maxed team of 4-5 skilled players and some rookies or end up in a constant cycle of trying to maintain my TV.

I ask, what is the point of that, as mentioned, it took a long time to get them into shape, why suddenly have to trim it.

Stella for President!!

Need a new challenge? Here's all the challenge you will ever need.

http://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=19352

Last edited by Hero164 on %b %12, %2016 - %00:%Dec; edited 2 times in total
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2016 - 00:36 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
Would a new division really be worth Christer's effort? What are you going to do there that you couldn't do in [L]eague?

We would use a match maker to simulate league play. It's the perfect combination of open environment instant match making AND BB16 Seasons.
Uedder

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2016 - 01:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Hero164 wrote:
And teams having 5 legends is amazing. I spec many many more games than I play, unsurprisingly I never spec the 1600 games, I spec the 2100 games.

And dropping a reroll and 2 players would make that team suck. 11 fragile players at that TV, You'd spend the rest of the time trying to build up to get back some spare, unskilled bodies. Probably taking cas along the way. Spending the money then means you don't have it to rebuild.

It would also take 7 players over 40 games so theres another 140k to trim.

So either I then fire skilled players and play with a min maxed team of 4-5 skilled players and some rookies or end up in a constant cycle of trying to maintain my TV.

I ask, what is the point of that, as mentioned, it took a long time to get them into shape, why suddenly have to trim it.

I'm not trying to sell anything.

I just tried to point out the effect of 20 games seasons taking your highest tv team as an example.

You could easily go 12 players and 3 rerolls (just by dropping the -ma lino) and then have 20 games without PO and SE to build back both your bank and your bench.

Want more than a 1800 re-draft? I think tournaments should give extra money to re-draft.

But then, seasons will be horrible for some as a concept. To me not having them would be worse. But that's personal preference and there's nothing we can do about it.

All I'm trying to do is to outline a possible scenario for the future. That's it.
licker

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2016 - 02:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Balle2000 wrote:
koadah wrote:
Would a new division really be worth Christer's effort? What are you going to do there that you couldn't do in [L]eague?

We would use a match maker to simulate league play. It's the perfect combination of open environment instant match making AND BB16 Seasons.

I agree with this, a new division for 'competitive seasons' would be interesting.

I have no idea what effect it would have on R and or B, but at least from my perspective as an NA player, it would only be good since B is already basically dead here anyway.

Just leave R alone please Smile
koadah

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2016 - 02:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Balle2000 wrote:
koadah wrote:

I'd quite like match makers in [L]eague like on Cyanide. Wink

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2016 - 03:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Being a newbie, seasons in R is a scary proposition. I have a hard enough time understanding the underlying strategy that is inherit to blood bowl, and seasons would be something that adds on another layer of complexity. Which in the end would probably only serve to be engaging for those that are experienced. While at the same time punish those that have little to no experience at all.
SzieberthAdam

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2016 - 07:05 Reply with quote Back to top

If you do not understand the game enough R is not the proper place to play either. Join the 145 club.

What is wrong with rebuilding the team after X games? I see this a nice option for a rookie to fix team design flaws. From the complexity side it should be just as easy as making a new team with the extra option of keeping some existing players.

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2016 - 08:01 Reply with quote Back to top

If you have an existing team then seasonal rebuilds add an extra step between one match and the next every so often. Pauper makes good points.

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2016 - 08:04 Reply with quote Back to top

A coach may not be able to get enough games by playing 145 Club alone. As coaches can "pick" their opponents, R is a decent enough place for rookies if they choose their games 'well enough'.

Extra complexity can put people off.

How much of a problem rebuilding after n games is, will depend a lot on the value of n.

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2016 - 08:14 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:

How much of a problem rebuilding after n games is, will depend a lot on the value of n.

And on the coach in question.

I'm looking forward to some kind of implementation of seasons in L, even though various leagues I'm in, have been in, already accomplished that goal on their own.

When/if we get the tools to set it up as we want it will just make the commissioners job easier.
PainState

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2017 - 19:28 Reply with quote Back to top

tussock wrote:
Raising Funds is on p28.

Note that you can play any number of Friendlies outside the league to add a little more coin, though do not get SPP for them, and may still take injuries as normal.

Dominion wrote:

The FAQ that came out yesterday or so clarified that all League matches, even Friendlies, do get SPPs. You just don't get an MVP and make less money. TDs/cas/etc still generate SPP as normal.

Wreckage wrote:
There is a really long thread about implementing it into Ranked already if you care to look. Some very in debth discussions about particular effects and amount of games before reset.

Now, if you take the discussion about implementing "season play" into R/B found in the forum. Then throw the wrench of you can play unlimited 'Friendlies' as out lined by tussock/dominion. It sends the entire discussion into one massive spiral of chaos.

Then again is not the main meme of Blood Bowl is that it is one huge chaotic mess? Shocked Very Happy Surprised

Another thread about this subject

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2017 - 00:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Because you can't resist talking bout seasons - bump.
Kondor

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2017 - 02:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Here is the thing. By my understanding, it seem Christer tries to implement the rules as they are written. Because the rules to not specify how long a season is, it will be impossible to implement it without adding something to the rules.

In this situation, my suggestion is to look at B/R and try to determine what will be most enjoyable for most of the coaches. I doubt you would have many complaints if the seasons were 1,000 games but if you chose a 5 game season people would hate it.

The bottom line is that as the commissioner he should set the limit at what is appropriate for his league and not try to guess what the creators had in mind.

To me the number of games would be huge but it is his call.
thoralf

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2017 - 03:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Over there, please.

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2017 - 04:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Lets keep the discussion in the 51 page + thread we have here. Rather than have people say the same thing in a new thread.. Come on Thoralf you did enough argumentative posts here after all.