37 coaches online • Server time: 00:44
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Borg Invasion
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SillySod

Post   Posted: May 23, 2007 - 19:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Who can our next target be? Gimmie some time to think. As has been proved my (far from random, whatever people may think) voting has been pretty darn accurate. First bad guy burn without the seer after all.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
SillySod

Post   Posted: May 23, 2007 - 20:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Two names come to mind...

Pac and Dannyboy

I'll have a look at some of their earlier posts. I'm guessing that Dannyboy is likely to have said a lot that is incriminating but Pac is more of a poker player (just about the right llevel of activity to avoid suspicion).

These candidates were picked out on the basis of their voting. Pac has participated in every burning except Lucans. I can't remember him casting doubt on Lucan's innocence. Ever. This places him in a minority.

Dannyboy initially protected Lucan. this can only be thought of as noobish (or suspicious) behaviour in the first round. Not enough information is available to consider protecting anyone but yourself, unless you have teammates.
More recently he seems to have gone down a self preservation route. Two things:
voting Lucan when his situation looked bad but Lucan would probably escape.
declaring he was mr healer (I mean why, it just looks like your a dumb hunter/slayer)

I'm sure we can find more on both of them.

Edit: I found a link between them too. Danny claimed that he had healed pac, proving him innocent. This just looks like dumb behaviour that has nothing to do with pac. But does it? It seems to me that it potentially saves pac while doing nothing to make him suspicious.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
GrinningD

Post   Posted: May 23, 2007 - 20:11 Reply with quote Back to top

as the fire rages and the scent of burnt hair pervades the scene a ghostly voice whispers

"I told you sooooooo"
pac

Post   Posted: May 23, 2007 - 20:11 Reply with quote Back to top

SillySod wrote:
I'll have a look at some of their earlier posts. I'm guessing that Dannyboy is likely to have said a lot that is incriminating but Pac is more of a poker player (just about the right llevel of activity to avoid suspicion).

These candidates were picked out on the basis of their voting. Pac has participated in every burning except Lucans. I can't remember him casting doubt on Lucan's innocence. Ever. This places him in a minority.

Yep, I'd suspect me. No doubt about it. Usually, I'd try to contribute some kind of detective analysis, but this time - between being away at the weekend, our Seer being awesome and, frankly, having better things to do since this game has started looking pretty much won - I haven't got round to do anything to speak of.

As for Lucan, I wrote off the move on him on the first day as a 'let's kill off some rookie player!' vote. Which I still think it was. It's just that sometimes, the rookie player is evil. Wink

Post   Posted: May 23, 2007 - 20:20 Reply with quote Back to top

I've finally made up my mind over which to burn. Mostly by the ease at which these arguments came to me, really I just thought and wrote, it really amazed me that the arguments fitted so well (especially the link, I'm pleased with that).

For those who don't suspect DannyBoy on account of advice he must recieve from his teamates (like, 'oh dear god don't claim to be the healer') I say this: was Lucan well advised? If you had two new players on the team to one experienced player would the two newbies acknowlage the experience or ignore them for being unimaginative?

I'm Voteing DannyBoy for two reasons:
1. More evidence
2. If he burns green there's a fair chance Pac will too
3. If he burns blue it will (mostly) clear Pac's name
4. I feel sorry for Pac. Either he had two rubbish teamates or was implicated by a random comment. If DannyBoy burns for stupid comments, thats kinda his fault. Pac has done nothing of the sort.
5. Pac would be a more useful endgame villager

SillySod

Post   Posted: May 23, 2007 - 20:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh, and I'll humbly change my vote if Cribble come up trumps again. How good is that guy?

You have done some thinking Pac. Be fair to yourself. Exactly the normal amount, thats basicly what maked me suspicious. If you burn blue I'm sorry (genuinly, unlike at Lucan's burning, my bloodlust is satisfied now).

Sziro

Post   Posted: May 23, 2007 - 21:49 Reply with quote Back to top

@Plorg You are right that we can divide the crowd after Lucan s death, even if i m in the wrong side Smile I recommend scanning someone from here.

I tell you, let Dannyboy live for a while. Reasons behind this
- We can burn him anytime Smile
- Even if he is a bad guy, there is no immidiate gain. See the #is he the healer? and the #is it worth scanning him?
- He is an obvious target for the bad guys (but as we see he has not been attacked yet, maybe if he is a bad guy, the other evil faction will waste an attack on him?)
- Evils can t ignore the possibility that he is indeed the healer, so he is like an extra wound for our wonder seer.

(BTW, i m 85% convinced he is evil...)

The other teory, inactivity..
Let s search for guys who were very energetic at the start, and quite inactive now.
(Given a special bad guy role, wee fun, i ll own the game! Let me post 24/7 ---> Now: those pesky villagers got our ass kicked. Invincible wonder seer, woe.. Game sux, i go chase women instead.)
Follow my lead? Smile

Kk
Lucan

Post   Posted: May 23, 2007 - 22:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Have fun all. /cheer on getting me, but /boo on taking so long. My money is still on us. No-one has yet suspected my evil team-mates (at this ponit the ghastly wolf figure starts to fade, leaving the two names he mentions too quiet to be heard)
Plorg

Post   Posted: May 23, 2007 - 22:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Lucan wrote:
No-one has yet suspected my evil team-mates (at this ponit the ghastly wolf figure starts to fade, leaving the two names he mentions too quiet to be heard)

Very Happy
Seeing that everyone who remains (except Cribble)
has been suspected by someone,
this comment is humorous.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: May 23, 2007 - 23:04 Reply with quote Back to top

May I remind the dead - that they are infact dead, and apart from "Go my team" or "Boo, you got me" shurrup in the thread.

Bluffs, double bluffs or <i>anything</i> that could be seen as a hint, accurate or not, should be left to the living.
Chewie

Post   Posted: May 23, 2007 - 23:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Personally, Sillysod, i think there is more of a connection between Pac and Plorg, based on Pac's willingness to admit that Plorg was scanned/healed/whatever.... and the subsequent backtracking on Pac's part. I ask Crib to scan Plorg (again) if he hasn't already, as i feel that if Plorg or Pac turns red, the other will too.

Sorry for the lack of humour in this post, but i'm a Liverpool fan. I'll get over it i guess...

....but probably not tonight, unless the beer kicks in!
Lucan

Post   Posted: May 23, 2007 - 23:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Wooooo. Sorry Purplegoo. Woooooo
Plorg

Post   Posted: May 23, 2007 - 23:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Chewie wrote:
Personally, Sillysod, i think there is more of a connection between Pac and Plorg, based on Pac's willingness to admit that Plorg was scanned/healed/whatever.... and the subsequent backtracking on Pac's part. I ask Crib to scan Plorg (again) if he hasn't already, as i feel that if Plorg or Pac turns red, the other will too.

So you do you think:

1) Pac or Plorg are the last Vampire?
Only one Vamp left so it can't be both,
so we wouldn't be on the same team.

2) Pac and Plorg are the last two Wolves?
Do you really think Plorg might still be a Wolf at this point?
SillySod

Post   Posted: May 23, 2007 - 23:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Burn DannyBoy burn.

I want to get my hat out again Cool

pac

Post   Posted: May 23, 2007 - 23:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Chewie wrote:
Personally, Sillysod, i think there is more of a connection between Pac and Plorg, based on Pac's willingness to admit that Plorg was scanned/healed/whatever.... and the subsequent backtracking on Pac's part.

I would characterise it as vacillating rather than backtracking. Smile
 Jump to: