42 coaches online • Server time: 10:21
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post TSC Draftgoto Post 4,000TV!goto Post IBA Draft League
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ryanfitz

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2012 - 20:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Pretty sure we can hold your spot, we can just forfeit a few games if needed to start your season
ritzi

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2012 - 13:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Well atm i think i will be back before we are able to start the new league. As Building will be allowed we will need some time to be able to build again, and atm there is nothing said about building (at least not officially). So im more worried about missing the building period and be forced to start the season with a team that is down 100TV (Baltimore). Or even worse NOT BEEING ALLOWED TO START WITH THIS TEAM BECAUSE THE TV IS TOO LOW. Wich happend to Carolina in the first season when they missed their first game because of too low TV (against ryanfitz).

So it would be nice to know if building is allowed as long as it is taken as a (more or less) serious game - like liker described it in his pm (i completly agree with him, and i would still avoid stunty builders). I think it wont be too bad if i start building Baltimore to TV 1700 at least until you finalized the rules? because i wont be able to play from the 14th or 15th of April until the end of April...

However i guess i will simply start building Baltimore, if you think they did something harmfull they simply wont participate in next seson. Its still better than trying to compete with them as they are now - or not beeing allowed to start the season because of too low TV in wich case i would sit them for the hole season anyways...
ritzi

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2012 - 13:18 Reply with quote Back to top

i forgot to write that this shouldnt be offensive. I appologize if it sounds so, maybe my english is too bad to say it more properly.

Thats just the only way i see for me to participate in the AFC next seson. So i will at least try to go this way. But its hard to find an opponent on gamefinder for L teams anyways (ans in such a game there will be fouls and surfs as well).
ritzi

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2012 - 15:08 Reply with quote Back to top

just to let you know what i mean, i dont think a game like this can be called unfair building Wink

http://www.fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=3271659
ex-convict

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2012 - 04:02 Reply with quote Back to top

NBFL Season 8 Preview and Predictions

It's been far too long since I've done a season preview (two seasons in fact, almost a year and a half). I have kept up with my always-enjoyable playoff previews/predictions though, and I keep getting more accurate each time. Thus this should be my most epic set of predictions yet!

Last year we saw the San Frenzysco 666ers dominate the NBFL competition in their inaugural season with their freakishly amazing, stat-increased squad, winning a thrilling Super Bowl game in overtime against Tennessee. They lost only once all last year, and, unfortunately for the rest of us, return much of the core that accomplished that feat. No NBFL team has ever won back-to-back titles, however, though San Frenzy looks to have a good shot at doing so.

But the NBFL restocks its' franchises with fresh blood for each campaign, giving us new threats and opportunities. Each season brings hope to every team, that this time they can finally break through to the playoffs, or perhaps even go all the way. Thus it's time to look at each conference, division by division, before predicting the whole thing.

NFC West
Returning teams: San Frenzy, Arizona
New teams: Savage Loose, Seattle

-We'll start with the defending champ's division, the NFC West. San Frenzy didn't even win the West last season, as several ties on their record let rival Seattle take the division crown. But the 666ers went right through the Sea Rats in the playoffs on their way to the title, leaving everyone looking up at the champs entering this season. Arizona returns to challenge them, but both Seattle and Savage Loose bring in new squads in an attempt to change the balance of power.
-San Frenzy has perhaps the best blitzing corps in the league, lead by the stat-freak known as Patrick Willis. No ball carrier is safe from this team, resulting in a lot of defensive scores for this squad. While very talented, the squad is a bit short on depth, and a bad game or two could change their outlook drastically. Still, the oddsmakers may have them as the Super Bowl favorite for quite some time.
-Arizona had a solid rookie season but clearly not quite on the level of a certain division rival. Their blitzing corps is very excellent, though a bit more conventional than those found in San Fren. Whether or not they can play good enough ball-control to make a playoff run remains to be seen, but they certainly have a solid-looking squad.
-The Horned Rams look to have a mix of conventional chaos wisdom with some CRP tactics. They have several players with guard in order to cage well, some players adept in wrastling the opponents to the ground, and of course one hunter-killer by the name of Jerious Norwood. The only feature lacking is a dedicated ball-carrier, which could hurt them in the long run.
-Seattle returns with the same coach but a new-look roster, no longer focused on turnovers and quick strikes, but rather bashing the opposition into the turf. They do currently have the best logo in the league, as well as one of the toughest players to stop on a blitz: Jameson Knoz. Perhaps a motto such as 'Seattle Knoz Defense' is in order?

-The West will come down to whether San Fren can avoid damage like they did last season, as they were able to keep their team in tact on their way to a title. If enough teams (including the three division rivals) wear them down, it could open the door for a surprise winner.

NFC South
Returning teams: Atlatl, Carolina
New teams: Nawlins, Tampa Bay

-The NFC South was dominated by the ATL last season, as they finished with the #2 seed in the NFC before falling in the divisional round. No other team from the South got to the playoffs, and now two new squads hope to change that.
-The ATL returns last year's awesome squad, which is adept at dealing damage and annoying the heck out of you with a variety of skills. The only issue would be if a serious injury befell one of the linesaurri, forcing a rookie into action. Otherwise, expect big things from the lizards once again.
-Carolina returns after a solid season where they (if I recall) didn't start with either werewolf. Two were trained mid-season, and their mere presence should help this team get off to a better start.
-Nawlins has a much different look than it did a few seasons ago, as they now try to put hits on their opponents, pun intended. IRL references aside, this squad has seven players with mighty blow, and two young ball-carriers that show some potential. If the latter two develop nicely, and the former group does their job, then this team could make some noise by season's end.
-Tampa Bay has yet another new franchise, and this time they'll try to throw the ball around all over the field. Whether they'll be similar to the old Aints team, who had three mediocre seasons in addition to one nuffle-fluff campaign where they got the #1 seed, or manage to be far more successful, remains to be seen.

-The race for the South will likely learn towards the ATL for most of the season, but it could get interesting late in the year. By that time, Nawlins should be far more developed and deadly, while the Wannabees could be dangerous if their team is still alive as well. You probably don't want to sleep on Carolina either, who was a playoff power a few short years ago.

NFC North
Returning teams: Detroit/None
New teams: Chicago, Green Bay, Wintersota

-The North had both the Lionz and Viqueens in the playoffs last season, who faced off in the wildcard round. However it looks like we'll have a clean house to start the season, with no returning teams at all (given that Eisen has been off for 38 days). Thus it'll be tough to get a read with all the new teams, but that won't stop us!
-Da Spores are pretty ugly, but they don't mind one bit. Their ability to win games, rather than tie them, will always be tested. But with 'Sweetness' Plagueton carrying the ball, they will be in good hands.
-Detroit may have finally gotten fed-up with all their playoff blunders that the team revolted against management, leaving their participation in the upcoming season in jeopardy.
-The Lunch Packers will have a chip on their shoulders and in their stomachs each and every week to prove the doubters wrong. It'll be interesting to see how many upsets they can provide over the course of the year.
-The Vikromancers (nice name btw), are actually last year's New Arleans team that moved to Wintersota over the offseason. They do have some very nice positonals, but whether the change in scenery will help the team succeed is debatable.

-The North would be interesting if all four teams made it, but it's likely that only three will be playing. None of the races involved are known for their ability to purely win games, leading us to believe that we might have a .500 record division winner.

NFC East
Returning teams: Dallas
New teams: New Khemri, Philahellphia

-One of only two/three divisions with three teams, the other east teams were greatly helped when the Washington franchise dropped out over the offseason (as they won the division last year). Two new teams look up to Dallas, who show promise in their second campaign.
-The POMBoys don't yet live up to their name, nor did they win many games last season. But the coaches acknowledged that they were mostly trying to survive and grow during that time, though only time will tell if their offensive woes have been solved.
-New Khemri continues the tradition of skeletal teams in the Big Apple, though they may also continue the tradition of so-so seasons. The Giants will look to Pierre-Paul to lead the new squad.
-The D'Eagles bring a much more open offense than their predecessors, and could be fun to watch by season's end. They're pretty young right now, but a trial-by-fire could set them up for big things in the future.

-The East will likely go to Dallas, though Philly could make a late run if they develop well. However any injuries to the POMBoys could derail their team, leaving things up in the air.

AFC East
Returning teams: Buffalo, Mon Ami, New Angryland
New teams: New York

-Easily the best division in the NBFL for several seasons, last year three teams made the playoffs from this division (and it wasn't the first time, if we recall). All three return, and the rivalries between the teams will only increase over time. New Angryland won the division on the final turn of their season finale, and advanced to the conference championship before falling. I personally cannot wait to see who I pick to win it this year Very Happy
-Buffalo keeps barely missing the playoffs or underachieving if they do get in, and they desperately want to change that this year. The seemingly ageless Terrel Owens will look to carry his team to where they want to go.
-Mon Ami is one of the best teams in the league at player under-manned (or rather under-elfed), as they constantly have to do so after playing in this division. These elves can seemingly pull off the impossible, gunning for the ball at all costs and executing awesome plays. The only question is whether their current players will be alive when the playoffs come, or will they have developed new ones to simply replace them.
-New Angryland enters the season with both the highest salaried-team in the league, as well as unfinished business. Last season they were predicted by some to win the Super Bowl, but fell in the AFC championship game. The same team returns to pick up where they left off and push even further this time around.
-New York has a new team but the same race as before, still being chaos. However the Jetz aren't as POMB-reliant (or at all), and have potential to develop substantially by the time the season is over. Whether or not they can remain competitive during that time should be interesting.

-The East will remain the toughest division, as at least two of them will likely make the playoffs once again. I don't think the Jetz have the tools to knock off the returnees yet, though I never count out their coach. Will the division title come down to the final week once again?

AFC North
Returning teams: Cinderfail(?), Crushburgh
New teams: Cleaveland, Pactus

-The AFC North crown has changed hands several times over the last few seasons, but rarely has it had this much change at once. Cinderfall could likely be on strike for the entire year, leaving only the Bleeders as a returning team.
-The aforementioned Bengals will probably miss the season. Which is a shame, as it ends the league's eternal hunt to finally kill Ochocinco.
-The Hounds hope to awaken the Dogpound and bring their fans some exciting football for the first time in quite some time. However the roster is young and needs to grow before playoff expectations can be realistic.
-Chrushburgh narrowly missed the playoffs last year, and look to finish stronger this time around. The team is very well-built, and baring any injuries to their stars, could go all the way this season.
-Baltimorus will likely follow the same path as Dallas did last year, attempting to remain competitive while still building the squad. However they won't likely win many games, but could set themselves up for big things in season 9.

-The North will be tough to win as always, though Crushburgh starts as heavy favorites. Cleaveland could hound them, pun intended, over the course of the year though, with the ability of elves to win games.

AFC South
Returning teams: None
New teams: Jacksonville, POWston, Tileanessee

-The South looks very different without the Tennessee team of the last two seasons that won both division titles. Which of these new teams will step up in their place?
-The Jagorkz return after two seasons off, hoping to continue their streak of division titles. However the South was a terribad division back then, and a .500 record was good enough to get by. The J-orkz need to improve their offense if they want to continue their success of old.
-POWston has a very well-built squad that could be a dark horse team this season. So I'll stop my analysis there, in order to keep them under the radar...
-The Titans have a lot to live up to with their new team, having been to the AFC championship then the Super Bowl in consecutive seasons. They too have a very well-built squad, mixing a bashy blitzer corps with a quick but effective group of receivers.

-This could be a surprisingly good division, after years of ineptitude before two recent seasons of having one dominant team. All three squads look very good, and projecting a winner over the course of a season could prove difficult...for someone else Wink

AFC West
Returning teams: Fangas City, Oakland, San Dogo
New teams: Denver

-After two seasons of divisional dominance by San Dogo, Oakland finally won their first division championship...and promptly lost in the wildcard round. But the division looks as tough as it was when Relezite's KC team was crushing everyone, and could be won by any of the four teams.
-The Broncomons are the new team on the block, but won't feel intimidated by their veteran rivals. They might struggle to win in their inaugural season, but they surely won't struggle to inflict casualties.
-Fangas City might be the toughest team to beat that doesn't win a ton of games, given the awesomeness of their vampires. Then again, they could surprise everyone and put us to sleep with their hypnotic gazes while they celebrate in the endzone.
-Oakland finally won the division last year, but were oh-so-close to much bigger things. A dropped pass cost them a first-round bye in their season finale, and then a snakes on a dodge cost them an opportunity to take control of their playoff game, before another failed roll ended the game. This talented but aging roster looks to have one last campaign in them before needing to rebuild, unless their division opponents and/or nuffle speed up the process.
-The Chompers failed to make the playoffs for the first time last season, but have retooled the squad for another crack at a division title. The team will be riding legendary quarterback, "Mad Bomber" Fouts (whom IMO has the best player pic in the league) to take them as far as his arm possibly can, which could easily be back to the playoffs.

-The wild West will be very competitive once more, as the four very different rosters struggle for dominance in the division. Whoever emerges from the group should be well-tested for the playoffs.

Playoff Predictions
-As promised, we previewed each division and will now give you the part of this novel that you've desperately waited for or skipped to! Enjoy Very Happy

NFC Playoffs
1. San Frenzy
2. Atlatl
3. Wintersota
4. Dallas
5. Seattle
6. Nawlins
Conference Championship
ATL vs Seattle

AFC Playoffs
1. New Angryland
2. POWston
3. Crushburgh
4. San Dogo
5. Mon Ami
6. Tileanessee
Conference Championship
New Angryland vs POWston

NBFL Super Bowl VIII
Seattle vs New Angryland

Super Bowl Champions: New Angryland Bulltrots

Boy, we don't learn, do we? I hope you enjoyed the return of the NBFL Season Preview/Predictions, as it should be our most accurate yet! Best of luck to everyone with the new season Very Happy

Don't drop the soap.
Jeffro

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2012 - 04:14 Reply with quote Back to top

No Buffalo anywhere, eh?... :\

Methinks there will be a goat or two that has something to say about that...
Cavetroll

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2012 - 07:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Jeffro wrote:
No Buffalo anywhere, eh?... :\

Methinks there will be a goat or two that has something to say about that...

The goat says, "Baaaaaaahhhhhh!"

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2012 - 08:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Divisional Round is up!!! Season 8 has begun!!

A couple things to note:

AFC South and NFC East are encouraged to play ahead. When they both are finished (hopefully within the first two weeks) the last week they will play each other for our first ever inter-conference matchups outside of the Superbowl!!

NFC North and AFC North will play out with Detroilet and Cinderfael getting forfeited midweek. If the Big E doesn't come back to play his games, the NFC North and AFC North will square off week 3 for ANOTHER set of inter-conference play!!

Big fun and noodle salad for everyone in the near future. Once the League Treasurer has dispersed the funds for the season, you are welcome to begin play. Good luck to all!!
licker

Post   Posted: Apr 09, 2012 - 01:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Wow, ex-con really has it in for Angryland, constantly trying to jinx their seasons....

Fortunately though Tennessee is out, which was the one elf team they just couldn't beat, so maybe... maybe...

On the other hand... like the 666ers the Bulltrots had very few casualties all last season, as everyone knows, unless you're a baby elf coach it's hard to reach the promised land unless you keep your team healthy.

Only time will tell.
ritzi

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2012 - 20:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Im off until the 28th of April due to holiday. That means that i can play my next game on the 28th.
ritzi

Post   Posted: May 07, 2012 - 23:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Lion Shell is dead!!!

http://www.fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=3289143
 Jump to: