21 coaches online • Server time: 02:32
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post need some practicegoto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Arctaeus

Post   Posted: Dec 30, 2007 - 19:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Bone-Idol wrote:
nexusvalhees wrote:
The Fumbbl Star zombies welcome you to the team

Three games, a TD, a casuality and an MVP...and already a skill...?
Clearly a rising star...but then, you cannot deny true class... Laughing

@ Arctaeus....wha...? Demanding bunch ain't ya? Grumble...bigger spikes...grumble...dwarves never 'appy...

The bigger the spikes the better my friend.

Wonderful looking helmet. It shall be implemented into my Dwarf Teams credited with your artistic talents Smile
Bone-Idol

Post   Posted: Dec 30, 2007 - 19:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Bone-Idol wrote:
ChangoLoco wrote:
Well, this is one of the nicest things I've seen here in a while. I'd really like to jump in on this, late as I may be, but I'm at a loss. My most beloved team is the Undead "Sleeps With the Fishes." I've got a photo logo for them now, but that was really more of a gag. I'll try hard to come up with a logo, so that I can then begin begging for some artwork.

But even if I never get anything from you - this is a wonderful thing that you have done.

Actually, this is another one of those "things I might just feel like doing...have trawled Google for humerous Shark cartoons...was thinking of adding a "wee-willy-winkie" nightcap... Wink

Also had look at the Hillbilly Hellcats...could do them, the logos pretty funny... Laughing

Also your ideas on "phone ins" for CABAL 5...not really sure how this would work...can you explain how you see this working in Forum format?

In fact, it was definitely one of those "things I might do..."

Found this luv-er-ly shark...got rid of his knife and fork and added a candle/nightcap...hey presto! Cool

The shark is the best bit of this for me...cant take credit for its great face...

Didnt think it needed any text...the image kinda says it all really... Laughing
ChangoLoco

Post   Posted: Dec 30, 2007 - 21:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Awesome. Merry Christmas to you, too.

As far as a 'call-in' would go, there'd have to be a match (or a handful of matches), that people would know were going to be covered. You'd have to spec the match or watch the replay - and people could write in with questions for your commentators, example: "Hey Bob - did you see Randomcatcher#27 make that miraculous dodge? Is he for real, or is this just a fluke?"

or

" I can't belive the ref in that match! How could he have missed so many calls! When DirtyPlayer#5 fouled Fanfavoritesuperstar#9 and caused a smashed hip, there's no way he should have gotten away with it? Do you have the address of that ref - my pal Guido would like to pay him a visit..."

and other fun things that people with a better imagination than I have could come up with.

Post   Posted: Dec 30, 2007 - 21:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Its been said before but these are beyond words. I think thats because no one ever expected to be privelliged with such cool logos.

You've made alot of people very happy and given them something to value for a good while yet. Thats a pretty excellent achievement.

I can't wait to get playing with them and I think it definately made up my mind to travel back to Bath so I can turn up to FUMBBL birthday and play as many mad, mad games as possible. I hope I'll get to play lots of other freshly pimped out teams too, they all look so darn cool.

PS You were right, my message was sort of a sneak request Very Happy

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."

Last edited by SillySod on %b %01, %2008 - %19:%Jan; edited 1 time in total
def909

Post   Posted: Dec 30, 2007 - 22:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I apologize for repeating myself, but your artwork is awesome. Instead of making another selfish request, may i humbly suggest a possible Add-on to your Helmet collection? It would be really nice to have a head/face as well, so it would be easy for anyone to create custom player portraits by just superimposing a helmet over the face. With two or three different chins, noses and eyes (or whatever) it would be possible to puzzle together many different faces too. I think many more coaches would like to fluff up their teams but don´t have the skills or time to do this from scratch. So I think your artwork is most welcomed by many coaches. Keep up the great work!

Post   Posted: Dec 31, 2007 - 16:55 Reply with quote Back to top

This is by far the coolest thing that I have seen on fumbbl. Nonetheless, I doubt if I have any logos worthy of getting reported on, but here is a list of my teams with either a fairly decent fluff story, or teams that would be fun to follow. I am going to start working on my logos, bios, and fluff in hopes to get a 'humourous piece'.

deaf mutants
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=406218
a brain problem situation
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=376531
moon men
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=392407

Post   Posted: Dec 31, 2007 - 17:43 Reply with quote Back to top

a brain problem situation...would suggest something like this...(thought the Homer Simpson image was ideal, but if no likey, you can easily remove the black circle and replace it with something else...

No text either, but its new years eve...it takes me forever to get my face on... Shocked Laughing

ChangoLoco

Post   Posted: Dec 31, 2007 - 17:51 Reply with quote Back to top

That sure is pretty. Pretty cool.
I mean, not pretty. Did I say that? It looks tough, and mean, and cool, and kick-ass.

Way to keep up the good work, Bone-Idol.

Post   Posted: Dec 31, 2007 - 17:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Bone-Idol wrote:
a brain problem situation...would suggest something like this...(thought the Homer Simpson image was ideal, but if no likey, you can easily remove the black circle and replace it with something else...

No text either, but its new years eve...it takes me forever to get my face on... Shocked Laughing

I just did a cartwheel down the cube farm. I am pretty sure I am fired.
Nonetheless, how can I not play that team every day. Thank you so much. Will work on bios in hopes of getting some Cabal 5 time.

So, here's the real question. My arrow 'pitch logo' points towards the endzone I am trying to get to for me, which means that my opponent sees it pointing the incorrect way? Is so, even better.

Wonder if the logo text should be "Stupid Blorapope"

Post   Posted: Dec 31, 2007 - 18:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Bone-Idol, you are truly one of the best things to happen to FUMBBL recently.

Your StingRays Khmeri blitzer is truly awesome. If I could beg you to change the StingRays stuff to Scarab Beatles, I would make the dude one of my two past running backs (either Skeletor Rigby or Jude) and blow it up into a poster to hang in my office.

Please please pleeeaaase!

Post   Posted: Dec 31, 2007 - 18:51 Reply with quote Back to top

tuco wrote:
Your StingRays Khmeri blitzer is truly awesome. If I could beg you to change the StingRays stuff to Scarab Beatles, I would make the dude one of my two past running backs

that could definitely be arranged...like the Scarab Beatles! Laughing

Do you have a bigger (clearer) pic of the team symbol?
tuco

Post   Posted: Dec 31, 2007 - 19:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Yaaaayyy! Bone-Idol is the coolest new member of FUMBBL! Welcome, Bone-Idol. It's a great community; you're going to love it here.

(I PM you about the team symbol)

Post   Posted: Dec 31, 2007 - 19:36 Reply with quote Back to top

tuco wrote:
Yaaaayyy! Bone-Idol is the coolest new member of FUMBBL! Welcome, Bone-Idol.

I'm nothing but a pictoral prostitute toting my spikey wares...but thank you none the less... Very Happy

email marcussrjbates@aol.com ... or post pic in this thread... Wink
ToastyOats

Post   Posted: Dec 31, 2007 - 19:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Bone Idol you are awesome, I just tried making a logo it is my first attempt at anything like this, i was wondering if you could take a look...lol not to make u more busy or anything. its for my blood bowl seven's team Northreach Icedogs

tuco

Post   Posted: Dec 31, 2007 - 19:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Wow nice logo.