55 coaches online • Server time: 20:36
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post New Team Page Betagoto Post Making Assassins mor...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
King_Ghidra

Post   Posted: Jul 31, 2012 - 17:29 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:

I don't think that the new gamefinder helps. It's now a few more clicks to discover that the person challenging you a legend.

Not true, btw. This info is displayed on the main screen showing your potential matchups.
garyt1

Post   Posted: Jul 31, 2012 - 18:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
The only reason I can see people not coming here is for the graphics which is pathetic really.

Even if people were sent an introduction email telling them where they can find info about the rng etc... do you really think anyone is going to read that stuff. The answer is no, they will just come on the forum and start throwing muck. ....

if they don't read it do they deserve anymore help?

because it is really easy to get started now.

Graphics, well people expect good graphics these days.

As for not giving a welcome pm because people don't deserve it, that is exactly the sort of attitude people complain about this community for!

A welcome pm should be simple. It doesn't need a lot on there. If a quarter of the people took note of it that would be significant.

Last edited by garyt1 on %b %31, %2012 - %18:%Jul; edited 1 time in total
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Jul 31, 2012 - 18:11 Reply with quote Back to top

+1 to a welcome PM. Great idea.

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2012 - 04:46 Reply with quote Back to top

What do you do when the Death Roller is insanely over-powered and can't be sent off, prompting most of your player base to ask you to nerf it?

Make it worse!
krysskroz

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2012 - 06:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree whole heartedly with the welcome PM idea while we are at it a New User's Guide, done a bit more directly (especially with links to rosters and strategy pages for each team) would help a lot as well. Yes I know the community is a jaded bunch and while you bunch are welcoming (as long as no one mentions bad dice when they show up) the forums do come across as quite elitist at first glance.

A PM with a short (as short as can be) Getting Started pdf would do wonders for keeping the random joiners around. Some of us were lucky enough to have vets show us the ropes, but there is a definite learning curve around here.

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2012 - 08:38 Reply with quote Back to top

garyt1 wrote:
Garion wrote:
The only reason I can see people not coming here is for the graphics which is pathetic really.

Even if people were sent an introduction email telling them where they can find info about the rng etc... do you really think anyone is going to read that stuff. The answer is no, they will just come on the forum and start throwing muck. ....

if they don't read it do they deserve anymore help?

because it is really easy to get started now.

Graphics, well people expect good graphics these days.

As for not giving a welcome pm because people don't deserve it, that is exactly the sort of attitude people complain about this community for.

That's not what I said? Read it again. And please stop with the people complain about this community nonsense, tired of hearing it and its a load of rubbish, people saying that is what continues that fallacy. Anyone who has spent anytime here will know how great this community is.

I thought Christer had answered this already, and his idea was infinitely better. Bombarding people with info never works, most people don't like being told what to do.

Also its worth pointing out again that fummbl UI is infinitely better than its only competitor.

Krysskroz - what can be improved in the user guide. I have spent a huge amount of time doing all that and it seems incredibly straight forward if people read it. Is there anything specific you found difficult?
koadah

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2012 - 09:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion, you should maybe try reading your own posts. Wink

Calling people pathetic because they prefer 3D graphics? How does that sound? Wink

The zeal with which some people defend the RNG seems quite bizarre to me.
Mouse has tried to explain it. I suppose we'll only know if Christer & Kalimar are upset if the tell us.

While it's often amusing to make with the RTFM there is always the option to STFU and let someone else answer.

It is true that if you stick around you'll eventually realise that the people who sounded like complete arses are actually really good guys. If you stick around

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2012 - 09:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
And please stop with the people complain about this community nonsense, tired of hearing it and its a load of rubbish, people saying that is what continues that fallacy. Anyone who has spent anytime here will know how great this community is.
The community is like a bee-hive - once you're in then you're in, and while you're out then the most vocal will rally against you if you go against the standard wisdom or ask the wrong question, perhaps just in the wrong way (RNG, Space Marine teams, TV-based matching etc). Many communities are the same, but it's not the most welcoming aspect. That said, once you get used to some of the characters then the community here is great, but it's getting past that first hurdle will be off-putting to some of the more thin-skinned newbs who may otherwise have a lot to offer.
Garion

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2012 - 09:47 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:

Calling people pathetic because they prefer 3D graphics? How does that sound? Wink

How does it sound? To me it sounds right, how does it sound to you? It's like saying you need really nice 3d graphics for mine sweeper with silly animations. Would it make the game better or detract from the actual game play. Probably detract. the game works because of its simplicity and the minesweeper layout is perfectly functional for that game. Same for bloodbowl.

the graphics on cyanide firstly are pretty aweful anyway if that's what you are into. The animations are annoying, the game play is soooooooo much slower, The UI is a lot worse and it is less intuitive. So a strategy game of this type if all you care about is graphics then you are a dumb ass in my book. Wink

its like saying Civ1 is a crap game because the graphics aren't good, it just demonstrates to me that the person that said that is an idiot.

koadah wrote:
Garion, you should maybe try reading your own posts. Wink

Yup read it again and I still didn't say people don't deserve a help e-mail! I just said if one was sent it wouldn't get read anyway. People clearly don't read the help section that is already here so I cant see that being read either.
koadah

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2012 - 10:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
koadah wrote:

How does it sound? To me it sounds right, how does it sound to you?

It reminds me of Shadow's infamous quote about "elitist [censored]s". Wink

Free tickets to the O[L]C Heavyweight title fight between my Belles & Bill's WMDs to anyone who correctly guesses the censored word. answers by PM only. Mr. Green

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2012 - 10:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmmm, not sure how that could be construed as elitist.

Probably the opposite really.

Would PM you but I don't fancy getting banned for sending you abusive pms Wink
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2012 - 10:32 Reply with quote Back to top

WhatBall wrote:
What do you do when the Death Roller is insanely over-powered and can't be sent off, prompting most of your player base to ask you to nerf it?

Make it worse!

This is pretty interesting. Why is a deathroller broken in dungeonbowl. Is it purely because of it's strength and just sticking it in a doorway?

Generally from the original game, unless agility teams got the ball fast, bash teams would usually win.

What's the deal with the werewolf? From that topic, are they ST4? Like 2nd ed Wolves?

I've heard before, due to language problems Cyanide staff are more active on the French forums, and tend to look to them for feedback.

To be honest though, the bottom line is, I think one way or another, DB will be broken somehow someway. It just isn't a balanced concept. Fun for a bit camp.
Garion

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2012 - 10:41 Reply with quote Back to top

I think they are talking about the Norse werewolves, in CRP they are called werewolves not Ulfs GW changed that because they didn't have a model for an Ulf, similar story for Snow troll and Yheti.

Seems like a daft fix to me though, screws your team up if you get +st stats. In the old Dungeonbowl rules for lrb5 or lrb3 maybe I'm sure there was a chance of secret weapons getting banned at the end of every turn. Surely using these rules would be preferable.
Ehlers

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2012 - 11:37 Reply with quote Back to top

So people want to play Dungeon bowl from Cyanide?

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/85/c3a3ef5bdlcmonalisa111.jpg/

Pretty much explaining how it is going to be. 4 starter Collage and then rest for DLC.
Beside Dungeon bowl will be fun, but unbalanced. You will play it a couple of times, maybe more than a week or two, but then you will go back to something else.

Beside it is Cyanide who is making it. They will most likely release it on a friday and take the weekend of to celebrate while customers are raging about bugs, errors and other nasty things from hell.
koadah

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2012 - 12:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
Hmmm, not sure how that could be construed as elitist.

Probably the opposite really.

Would PM you but I don't fancy getting banned for sending you abusive pms Wink

How can you get banned for quoting an admin? Mr. Green

"Pathetic"?

At least before the recent sync errors Cyanide worked well enough for casual one off matches which is probably what the majority of coaches are looking for.

For the more hardcore matches, official tournaments etc sure Fumbbl is way ahead but for a casual match there isn't (at least wasn't) really that much in it.

Jump to: