30 coaches online • Server time: 09:15
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post TSC Draftgoto Post 4,000TV!goto Post IBA Draft League
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
mekutata

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2017 - 10:39 Reply with quote Back to top

thoralf wrote:

The 0-12 Chaos Pact may be the only exception to the 0-16 linemen slot.

Underworld aswell.

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2017 - 08:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey all, to those posts questioning my involvement. I am here, lurking in the shadows, reading things and giving ultimate decisions in the changes.

Think of me as the Emperor to Calthors Darth Vader.

One thing I would say to everyone is - consider how a team is performing before suggesting wholesale changes. We have stats with win ratios and so on, so when we get feedback saying roster X is broken yet they have a win percentage of 45% it's likely just your perception that's a bit off.

Anyway keep it up, for the most part the feedback has been constructive.

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2017 - 09:18 Reply with quote Back to top

zakatan wrote:
Regarding northern nippon teams, there was some discussion with Garion and Harvestmouse about reassessing the whole roster to make it more chaotic, that is, replacing some of the human positionals (namely ashigaru, maybe also samurai) with lesser demons in the Japanese lore.

Sort of correct, I was considering adding some creatures similar to Kappa, from Japanese mythology. As this is a region of Nippon tainted by chaos, the kappa (sort of turtlemen) would seem a good fit. As the roster is currently a little 1 dimensional. The roster is meant to be big guy centric and I hadn't really considered what type of player kappa would be they could replace linemen, or could be goblin like.. It was just a passing thought really.

I think we've settled on an oni nerf for now though.

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2017 - 09:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
zakatan wrote:
Regarding northern nippon teams, there was some discussion with Garion and Harvestmouse about reassessing the whole roster to make it more chaotic, that is, replacing some of the human positionals (namely ashigaru, maybe also samurai) with lesser demons in the Japanese lore.

Sort of correct, I was considering adding some creatures similar to Kappa, from Japanese mythology. As this is a region of Nippon tainted by chaos, the kappa (sort of turtlemen) would seem a good fit. As the roster is currently a little 1 dimensional. The roster is meant to be big guy centric and I hadn't really considered what type of player kappa would be they could replace linemen, or could be goblin like.. It was just a passing thought really.

I think we've settled on an oni nerf for now though.

noooo my boy Oni Sad

Any thoughts on the Lord of Change. Wild animal on him still feels weird.

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2017 - 20:11 Reply with quote Back to top

zakatan wrote:
Any thoughts on the Lord of Change. Wild animal on him still feels weird.

It does. It kinda does on the KoS too, but not as much, but there are only so many negatraits to choose from, and a big guy without negatrait (or low stats) are just too good.
As weird as it sounds, I would rather give the Lord Bone-Head, not because of the stupidity connected to it but to show how it can get lost in its own thoughts. I know the name doesn't fit but mechanically it's the closest I can think of. Maybe remove FA from him to keep him 200k.

CIBBL! I swear I had a life, before!
neubau

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2017 - 22:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Wild Animal on the Keeper is needed, otherwise he/she/it would be the team's primary ballhandler. MA7! ST5 AG4! and A access is incredibly powerful already.

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2017 - 23:02 Reply with quote Back to top

neubau wrote:
Wild Animal on the Keeper is needed, otherwise he/she/it would be the team's primary ballhandler. MA7! ST5 AG4! and A access is incredibly powerful already.

I agree wholeheartedly with that. Not an excellent fit from fluff but it works in-game.

CIBBL! I swear I had a life, before!
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2017 - 23:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Having played with both a KoS and a LoC, the LoC doesn't feel anywhere near as powerful.

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2017 - 09:53 Reply with quote Back to top

AutoAxpert wrote:
neubau wrote:

I agree wholeheartedly with that. Not an excellent fit from fluff but it works in-game.

He's AG3 though. But I agree that even with Really Stupid they'd be in contest for the best ball carrier in the team.

I'm not sure this is all that bad though. Doing ball stuff with a negatrait-loner is always a gamble, so there's always a trade to be made here between having a safer 6438 w/ extra arms or an unreliable 7539 guy carrying the ball.

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2017 - 10:02
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

So does that mean we can consider my Squig Team?? I'm up for changing the name to something better. It was originally me making fun of another post but sh*t got reel.
Calthor

Post   Posted: Mar 09, 2017 - 11:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Lorebass wrote:
So does that mean we can consider my Squig Team?? I'm up for changing the name to something better. It was originally me making fun of another post but sh*t got reel.

Not answering that with either yes or no at this point.

We'll consider anything along those lines at a later stage only, and it would then only happen at a 'yes' from both us as a group and Garion himself.
thoralf

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2017 - 00:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
Hey all, to those posts questioning my involvement. I am here, lurking in the shadows, reading things and giving ultimate decisions in the changes.

\o/

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2017 - 17:27 Reply with quote Back to top

After playing a few matches with Von Carsteins, they do need some sort of nerf...but isn't the 0-4 instead of the 0-6 trade off already something? Is 130K starting cost too much? How many other rosters can you start with all positional?

Also, is it juven with a J or an H sound?
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2017 - 18:21 Reply with quote Back to top

joec911 wrote:

Also, is it juven with a J or an H sound?

With a "J" sound like "juvenile".
Matthueycamo

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2017 - 18:26 Reply with quote Back to top

JellyBelly wrote:
This is a useful page, for anyone not already aware of it. Contains aggregate win/loss data for all of the SL games that have been played on FUMBBL so far. It's worth noting though that the average TVs in general are very low (<1200) and, as neubau mentioned, some of the teams may be skewed by a lot of matches being played by top-level coaches.

Currently, Von Carstein are on the top with 67%, with Water Elementals closely behind on 66%. I know I keep banging on about Von Carstein, but the thing that concerns me here is that their average TV for this data is 1230. Vamps are typically weak at low TV, so I would only expect them to get stronger as their TV increases.

Wow, I had no idea Araby was so bad lol. I thought it was just me with my CIBBL team.

Don't know how to make them better but sticking to the theme though.

DLE College 7s
 Jump to: