53 coaches online • Server time: 21:38
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post GIF Guidegoto Post TSC Draft
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: May 16, 2006 - 15:24 Reply with quote Back to top

missed this post too.

Point1 : Ok I reduced the KO points to 4 because, even if you don't ensure as many points as in league, KO cups tend to be faster. It was too much of an advantage. So a win is more valuable than in league, but not much more.

Point 2: I've opened NL channel. Join in. So far I only see Rij and I. Configure your IRC to start it automatically.

Point 3: The War Will Begin: I am looking for help on this thing.

Pre-requites:
-Free playing. You must not be commited to play everytime since it could be long
-You can understand what is going on even if you didn't read the rules
-the rules must include a tactical aspect
-the war must favourise a social behavior.

Next post, the rules idea I got so far.

Post   Posted: May 16, 2006 - 15:38 Reply with quote Back to top

4 clans:
-Orcs select wich clan they join.
-skavens, chaos, CD and undead are preselected in clans
-other may join groups as mercenaries/corrupted teams.

lizzis don't join chaos, dwarves don't join CD.

Fluff input in your team is a plus.

Next: a map divided in zones:

-routes
-villages
-towers
-magic sites
-bridge
-carrier

zones, routes etc... are recorded in 3 distinct categories: Skirmish (TR<140), Middle Fight (130<TR<165) and large zone (160+).

Every controled site awards to the clan Ressources what would give them opportunities to build/buy:
-defenses
-sabotage
-spycraft
-routes

You would be allowed to make one move+game a turn, a turn beeing min(15days, all actions resolved)

After a certain number of wins or % you control an area. You can only play at same lvl of power. This control lowers over time, allowing opponents to try again to take it.

Try to imagine it like in Unreal Tournament or WH40k on PC.

The clan should: try to optimize his route for winning the area and take the opponent down.

If you have better ideas, post them. I'll make some adds into specific rules in the next post, where I am the least sure of myself.

Post   Posted: May 16, 2006 - 16:07 Reply with quote Back to top

so a few ideas sended but modifiable.

Not every zone should be linked. It should be like a "larirynthe"

Skirmish zones might bring teams behind opponents zone and so cut their ressources supply.

Q: should it have a team effect or not? (eg: you cannot buy players until you reach a supplyed zone again)
Just in ressource score? (eg: every zone controlled by the clan doesn't produce anymore)
A meta game team effect? (eg: if your team isn't supplyed, when you loose you are off action 1 turn more)

The map:

I think it should be small but not too much so that it can be interesting even with a few number of teams.
8 teams per clan would be a dream and so complexe rules will not interest many players, I fear. However, with proper advertising, this original (I think so at least) concept may attract non-NL members.

I'd say 32 localisations would be good.
Q: Large or small map?

Recoverys: You could leave the map for a time and so be allowed to play standard U matches but when comming back, you start at the clan base.
Q: Should I use that, make it totally free or simply deny recoverys.

Zone ideas:
routes: longest route of the clan gives 1 ressource clan per route part. Large route can be build.
bridges: possibility to create a ward post. adds a ressource point
carrier: ressource points
port: ressource points. ship attack
town: ressource point; alternative supply entry, defense possible.
magic place: clan may hire a chaman per turn to teleport a team. 2 chamans are requiered for that task. He has to be guarded
forest: ressource points.

upgrades:
defense: the team must spend a turn before attacking the zone
Turns to build: x
Build cost:x

ward:the team must spend a turn there before moving again. The clan knows the presence of the ennemy

large route:
halves the MV cost

ship:
allows a mvt over water

chaman:
with 2 chamans: you can teleport teams: chamans are destroyed if they are unguarded or 2/3 of the teams protecting them looses. A teleported team DOESN'T count as a guarding team the turn they are teleported.

Buyable:

Sabotage: May hinder a teams movement or increase the building time. May block a construction for a turn.

Spying: gives position of 1 team of 1 clan OR all teams of 1 place.

Post   Posted: May 16, 2006 - 16:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Very complicated, which isn't in of itself a bad thing, but not clear on too many details, for example what are resource points actually for?
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: May 16, 2006 - 17:33 Reply with quote Back to top

ok let's go for an exemple:

let's make a crappy map here

. route route
Base A---------->town 1-----------------------> town 2----------->opponent base
| . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . \ . route . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . /
| . . route. . . . . . . . . . . . \------>|town 3----------------
|--------------->bridge----------> . |
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . route

the base A belongs to the allied orks+CD. They have 3 teams.

Opponent B is the alliance Chaos + orks: they have 3 teams also

Round 1:
Team A decide to unite and take the town 1. They select to move there.
Team B send 2 teams to town 2 and 1 to town 3.

Team A now have enough control over town A (it's for the exemple. The requierements aren't clear yet).
Team B not (just 2 teams there)
Town A produce a ressource point.

Round 2:
Team A They move all on town 2.
Team B: One teams from town 2 moves on town 1. The other ends the controlling. The last waits as defense and hightens their control over town 3.

Effect:
three teams encounters one team on the road. One of the 3 teams have to challenge the opponent. The 2 others continue. They meet the remaining team their.
Team B gets control of town A and get a ressource point.
Team A get a ressource point from town 1, increasing his total to 2.

Games result:
-the road encounter ended with a victory from the team in clan A. Team B moves back to town and cannot take an action next turn.
-the town game ended in a draw. No change. Now 3 teams from clan A are on town 2 and 2 from clan B.

Round 3

Clan A: selects to build with the 2 ressources points a ward post between the town 1 and the base. They select to battle again.
Clan B: defend. the third team move up to town 1.

effect: team A lowers his control over town 1 and don't get ressources. team B still get his points. Team B select the 2 matchups in battle for town 2.
Team A knows the presence of the third team (fog of war-you are unaware of what happens where you have no control). They also are supplyless.

Game result: team A: 1W 1L. The winning A team reduce teams B control over the town, the loosing A team goes back to town 1 and teams B control goes up again.

Round 4:
Team A: the loosing cannot take actions so cannot challenge team's B intruder. The 2 others storms back since he made a breach to the base.
Team B: the team on town 1 doesn't care about the town and move forward to the base. The others stays in defense.

effect: team B reaches the ward point and is stopped. He will only reach the base at round 5.

Round 5:

Team B end his mouvement on the base. Teams from A clan aren't stopped thus they reach the clan base too and can defend it

Post   Posted: May 16, 2006 - 17:40 Reply with quote Back to top

In a few little words:

You have a map. You can do 1 move per round.
Every controled area produce and allows you to build things giving you bonuses.
To get control over a place you must win your BB match.
Loosing team is freezed 1 turn.

Post   Posted: May 16, 2006 - 17:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I get it now! If two "teams" from "A" and "B" meet on the road, is it going to be a hidden challenge? Who decides fights?

Post   Posted: May 16, 2006 - 17:54 Reply with quote Back to top

good question. Those are the things where I need ideas and inputs are welcomed.

Post   Posted: May 16, 2006 - 18:02 Reply with quote Back to top

I think it could make for interesting matchups. Make the two opposing sides choose a "champion" and PM the Coord.

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2006 - 14:36 Reply with quote Back to top

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=3658

Very special tournament there since it's a challenge tournament turned to open free U games. It's questing in U for succesfully achieve the tasks requiered to reach the tresure.

Fluff is welcomed and a special thread will be opened for this. I assume it won't interest that much players. But if we gather around 8 players, it might be very fun.

In september, we go back to the more standart tournament type. I think I will open up with the continuation of the Empire story. The chaos dwarves have gotten control over Marienburg (a plan made by skavens that didn't work their way as they expected). The town is weakened and the Empire would like to take it back, while other races sees an opening to have a pivotal place to conquer the whole Empire.

September, therefore, will be a rather classical tournament where every races encounters some oponent while going to Marienburg. The end result will directly affect the war, that will happen november (this time, special rules).

October will set a classical tournament. I yet haven't decided the fluff around it (skaven? DarkElf? I tend to think on a skaven fluff, KO style with a loosers bracket.)

So that's all for the news.

The summer Tresure quest bug (tournament in private) is fixed.

Enjoy!

Post   Posted: Sep 26, 2006 - 12:10 Reply with quote Back to top

For the Marienburg war, I finally came up with the following idea:

How will work the great event :
The fall of Marienburg!

It will be runned into 3 phases divided into 2 underphases of 15 days.

The city will be cut into parts (fluff plan provided later on). The teams will make their way through the city to reach the center.

The first phase will represent the conquest of the 4 border quarter of the city.

Teams will belong to Alliances build around background.

The Alliance of the Empire: Bretonians (Team Human) Empire (Team Humain) woodelves of Athel Loren, Mootland Halflins and dwarves are the core of this alliance. High Elves may join them since they always were alliates to the Empire (despite their hate of dwarves). Ogres can join as mercenarys, Pro may give them a help (as elves from the Empire).

The Undead alliance: Core of this alliance are Khemrians, Necros, Vampires and Undeads. They may have an extra help from ogres as mercenarys, orks from the clan Brokenbone (leaded by Korgeon Brokenbone), gobelin teams affiliated to these orks.

The Horde of Archaon: The core team is Chaos. They may be helped by: orks from the clan Ironteeth (lead by Gort Ironteeth), gobelins affiliated to this clan, Dark elves, Norses, Corrupted Humans (team Human) and Nurgle rotters.

The Alliance of the Clans: Core race are skaven: They may be helped by orks from the clan of the Nightkillers leaded by Torgush, gobelins affiliated to this clan, Dark elves, Nurgle rotters as associated to the clan Pestilence.

The Alliance of the Mountains: Core team: Chaos dwarves. They can be helped by orks, members of the clan of the HammerHeads (under the orders of Ashruk Hammerhead), gobelins and ogres.

The last Alliance is the Alliance of Lustria, composed by Lizzis and amazons, who may be helped out by ogres as mercenarys, High elves as befriended, humans and pros that belong to colonnies that became befriended to Lizardmen.

Each group will have a captain and the alliance will decide how they do want to divide their forces. The winners of the Altdorf Classical cup 3 will have bonuses as the winners of “Road to Marienburg”.

The groups will battle in this areas in an OpenRoundRobin environnement. You will be allowed to challenge 20TS up or down and try to play the games as many games as possible.

After 15 days, you will be allowed to move a part of your strengthes (50% of the teams) and recruit french blood. You may also “Betray” (cf. Later)

After the first month, a few of the alliances, controling parts of the city, will advance and near the center. The next month, the resting alliances will battle for the 2 zones under the same rules.

The best of the 2 quarters plays the final, who will have maybe specific rules, maybe the same procedure. The last Alliance left hold Marienburg.

Betrayal: an affiliated team may betray and switch to another alliance, if they are allowed to belong to that alliance. If they do, they bring in the other alliance half the points they earned into their former alliance. However, the captain of their new alliance MAY betray them also! They steal the points then reject them. After all, everyone can’t accept betrayers in their teams! If this happens, the team is eliminated. She can’t turn back. The only remaining option is to have a 3rd possible alliance allowing them in their ranks, but with nothing to offer to them.
You can only betray at the 15 days cut and not at end of turns, to avoid cheating if your alliance is going to be eliminated.

e.g. Last Order is a human team from the Old World Alliance. She performs nicely and earn 70pts in the 15 days of turn 1, giving the Alliance a solid base to build for the next 15 days.
However, Last Order feels more like going to Archaon's chaos Horde, not that they really need to, but for the fluff. He prefers to be sure that the operation will work and discuss with coach TheCon (fictionnal coach, note) that answers him he will of course accept him.
Last Order sells his soul to chaos gods. It substracts 35pts to the Old World Alliance and gives 35pts to the Horde.
But theCon betrays Last Order and throws them out. "arf that Bastard"
TheCons felt it was the best fluffy option (despite the fact Last Order coach is a very good one).

Last order is out, he tries to pm the last possible Alliance that may allow him in, the Lustria one. The Lustria clans wonders: that team was ready to sell their soul to chaos. Should we let him in?
But in dire need of good coach, they take him to have a chance to go in round 2, despite that team won't give them any benefits.

Of course you can imagine plans doable by Alliances that conspire to break down opponents and stuff.

If everyone would mix in, and a staff would be doing well, that might really be great. What do you think?

This is the core ideas for the event. I will need serious help and I’d like to have your opinions/ideas. The captain and alliance thing may be a good vector to get new members in. This will be the end of one of the plots of NL storyline, and mix in the Orken Wars. I hope it will be great.

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2006 - 11:00 Reply with quote Back to top

New stuff ongoing: banners for tournament winner. Done so far:

Altdorf Classical KO Cups.

What do you think? Is a banner for the winner a good idea or you don't care?

(NB: all you have to do is copy and paste the provided link into bio.)

Comming next: Bretonian WarmUp

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2006 - 11:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I love the banners. Look very cool.
And I want to have some for all tourneys my teams have won!!! ;o)
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2006 - 10:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Just the images for the winners of the Atldorf KO cup tournaments. Bretonian leagues comming soon.

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2006 - 10:50 Reply with quote Back to top

kewl pics... you should have a 'participating one' in black background, and then bronze, silver and gold for the 3 winners... just a border change, but will kick arse!

lovely pics, absolutely lovely

The Congregation - Always Recruiting
[url=http://igolocal.net/badge.php?user_id=1949]Image [/url]
 Jump to: