38 coaches online • Server time: 21:28
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post DIBBL Awardsgoto Post SWL Season CI
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Meanandugl

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2016 - 14:03 Reply with quote Back to top

And what about this game (a "friendly")? Lesson: Watch out if you meet Pirates
Chainsaw

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2016 - 14:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Meanandugl wrote:
And what about this game (a "friendly")? Lesson: Watch out if you meet Pirates

I could just roll over and not block XD but this is BB. You get blocked, you will suffer cas! That's the way it goes.

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2016 - 16:00 Reply with quote Back to top

I wasn't referring to the blocks.
Chainsaw

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2016 - 16:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Meanandugl wrote:
I wasn't referring to the blocks.

You should do some research before you throw about accusations.

Are you seriously upset that 1) I tried to win and 2) I fouled a hired star player? I guess 1 of the 2 fouls was on a rookie lineman, so you could have a cry about that.

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2016 - 17:08 Reply with quote Back to top

No I am not seriously upset. I didn't really throw about accusations though you may have read it as one. And you are right, I have not watched the game to check who was fouled. Meanwhile I have done that. As you said one foul was on a rookie lineman. Only a rookie lino, sure, but the whole team is more or less on rookie level and pretty cash-strapped. Btw in another friendly you fouled 2 times. I have not watched the replay, but since they didn't have any mercs it must have been fouls on regular team members. Fouls are part of the game of course, and it's definitely not forbidden to foul in a friendly. But many players expect the opponent to refrain from such things in a friendly game. That's why I pointed it out.
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2016 - 17:24 Reply with quote Back to top

@Chainsaw I think we're just having some friendly banter here Smile
Meanandugl

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2016 - 17:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Balle2000 wrote:
@Chainsaw I think we're just having some friendly banter here Smile

+1

It's not my intention to start a witch hunt Smile
BlueDevil420

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2016 - 13:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Bretonnia round 5 preview:

With gjopie on holiday until april 2nd, I've taken up the gauntlet of writing this preview. And with 5 out of 10 teams in Bretonnia on 4 points this is shaping up to be a very interesting last round indeed.

Scalded Delta Dogz vs Remnants of Kriegfield
The Delta Dogz are in the driving seat here with 7 points, a win would guarantee them the conference title and with their massive +9,5 tiebreaker a draw will most likely see them with the conference title. Even losing might not be disastrous, as they are certain of playing the cup and might still let them claim the conference title, depending on other results.
The Remnants on the other hand, can no longer claim the title, but do have a shot at the Cup. They will need to win their game and preferably by big numbers and hope one of the two teams currently on place 2 and 3 doesn’t win their game (or draw for the Gorers). On the other hand there’s a very small chance that they might also face the relegation playoffs if they lose, it would require a very unlucky combination of results in the other games, but it could just happen.

Gotland Gorers vs The Malice of Karond Kar
The Gorers have had a solid season so far, with two wins and two draws and with 6 points they have everything to play for. They need to win big to have a shot at the conference title if the Delta Dogz choke in their 5th game, but a draw would secure them a place in the Cup. A loss might allow them to sneak into the cup too, but only if they do massive casualties, which seems unlikely against the blodging Malice, especially with only the one tackler on the team.
The Malice is one of the other teams on 4 points which could go either way. To make it to the cup they need to win this game and overtake the Gorers on tiebreaker (currently +1,5 for the Gorers and +0,5 for the Malice) Winning might not be enough though if both the Remnants win and the Avalanches win or draw. There’s only one thing to do and that is to go for the big win and hope it’s enough and with their blodged up super strength team, they might do just that. Theoretically the Malice could still end up in the relegation playoffs, but exactly like the scenario for the Remnants, it would require a string of unfortunate results in the other matches.

Apuccini Avalanches vs Athel Loren BBoDT
The Avalanches are just ahead of the pack at 5 points and with a decent tiebreaker of +4 they still have a shot at the conference title but they would need to win their game by big number and hope the Delta Dogz lose big and the Gorers don’t win their game. A win would assure them a place in the Cup and even a draw might be enough.
The BBoDT on the other hand are in dire straits with a tiebreaker of -2,5, making it to the Challenge Cup seems extremely unlikely but not impossible (big win vs the avalanches, Dogz win/tie, Malice wins big and Scavs vs Renegades doesn’t have a big winner), and they need at least a draw to be certain of avoiding relegation.

Serpent Coast Scavengers vs Grimjuice Renegades
Both the Scavengers and the Renegades are in the same boat as the BBoDT, with 4 points and tiebreakers of -1 and -2,5 respectively both can theoretically still make it to the Cup in an unlikely conjunction of circumstance. (They need to win their game with big numbers, Dogz win/tie, Malice wins big and Avalanches don’t win) On the other hand, losing the game could easily see them in the relegation playoffs, will they settle for a gentlemen’s draw here? I’m betting they’ll go all out for the big win and see where it takes them.

Frostheim United vs Elves of Albion
The United coach can do nothing but wait. If either of the BBoDT, Renegades or Scavagers loses their game, it’s likely they’re bumped up from the 9th spot to avoid relegation playoffs as they will most likely end up on 4 points with a tiebreaker of -1.
The Elves have sadly been absent for the entire season and we can only hope that everything is all right with coach gibby33 and we’ll see him resurface sooner rather than later.

(remember that the tie-breaker scores displayed are not quite right, as the casualty differences should be halved)
BlueDevil420

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2016 - 23:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Albion round 5 preview:
After an unfortunate forfeit in round 4, Albion is also ready to go into the final round. The pool of teams that could make it to the Challenge Cup is much smaller here than in Bretonnia.

Nilfheim Lumberjacks vs Orgrimmar Hammers
The Lumberjacks are the only team sporting four victories so far, can they make it a clean sweep against the Hammers? With their tiebreaker of + 13 they seem a shoe-in for the conference title, but if they lose the game the Vagabonds might still overtake them.
The Hammers on the other hand are in the middle of the pack and seem almost safe against relegation, but they’d a draw to be sure.

Wasteland Vagabonds vs turov’s infected
The Vagabonds could still claim the title but they need the Lumberjacks to lose, while winning their own game and making up a 6 point tiebreaker difference. While a draw puts them squarely in the Cup, a loss might just see them tumble out of the top3.
The Infected might just give the Vagabonds that hard time, this heavyweight nurgle team needs a win to assure themselves of the Challenge Cup and depending on the result of other games might just squeak in with a draw.

Zhaar Doom Bringers vs Quenelles Carnival
The Doom Bringers are currently just outside the top3, but with #2 playing against #3, they’re standing ready to leap over the team that just doesn’t cut it in the other matchup. If they win their game they’re assured of making it to the challenge cup, a draw might suffice if the Vagabonds win.
The Carnival have had a tough season, being placed in the big leagues before they were ready has taken its toll on the team, but they’re still here and have a shot of making it to the Challenge Cup, they need to win the game and hope the Vagabonds win. In all other scenarios they’re headed for the Shield.

Western Oblask Raiders Emsk vs Diseased Wasters
The Raiders can secure their stay in the conferences this season by winning or drawing against the Wasters. If they lose the game however it’s very likely they’ll end up in the relegation playoffs.
The Wasters really haven’t been able to make a fist all season and with a single draw so far they’re prime candidate for direct relegation. They need to win the game to save their season. A draw might just put them on 9th place if the Faraohs lose.

Doom Glades Rangers vs Arkhan Faraohs
The Rangers need at least a draw to avoid relegation in this final match of the conference and a loss could put them in the playoffs and might just put them in 10th spot and direct relegation to Kislev if the Wasters win their last game. The question is, how hard do they want to avoid this fate? Perhaps recuperation in Kislev is just what the doctor ordered.
The Faraohs on the other hand need a win to make it to the Interconference Shield and avoid the dreaded relegation. A draw might be enough to make it to the playoffs if the Wasters don’t win.
Patator

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2016 - 00:02 Reply with quote Back to top

NIce write up ! Cool of you to fill gjopie's shoes whil he is in hollidays. And happy to avoid the chaos calws ^^; But elves gonna have some inducement ...
BlueDevil420

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2016 - 00:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not sure I'll have time to do a Kislev write up when they go into the final round, so if anyone else feels up to that task?
Patator

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2016 - 01:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I can try it but my english is not the most correct there is ^^;
The_Demon

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2016 - 02:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Send it to BlueDevil or myself and we could check your English if that helps Smile
But I'm sure your English is more than good enough!
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2016 - 11:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Patator wrote:
I can try it but my english is not the most correct there is ^^;

English is not the native language in Kislev anyway Wink
Patator

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2016 - 19:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Je vais m'en occuper alors ! Smile
 Jump to: