34 coaches online • Server time: 13:10
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post TSC Draftgoto Post 4,000TV!goto Post IBA Draft League
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
HunterX

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2007 - 16:49 Reply with quote Back to top

The NBL is now running it's seventh rookie tournament: Septus Tyrannus!

Da Rules:
    1. New [L]eague LRB teams only may apply to the group.
    2. Dwarf and Norse teams are banned (unless you REALLY want to play with two Dwarf Runners).
    3. Players that start with Block may not be purchased.
    4. Players may not take Block as a skill selection.
    5. If a player MUST choose Block as a skill, then that player must be retired.
    6. NO Star Players, except on goblin teams, which are allowed stars that DO NOT have the block skill.
    7. NO wizards, except for the halfling chef.

Apply with your team at No-Block League (NBL) for friendly games or the next tournament.

Last edited by HunterX on %b %10, %2007 - %17:%Apr; edited 1 time in total
RealMadns

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2007 - 17:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Count me in...
Calm Before the Storm is ready.
kingbee

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2007 - 19:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok i am in Smile
kingbee

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2007 - 19:18 Reply with quote Back to top

kingbee wrote:
Ok i am in Smile
make that my blockless bones is in Smile
princevaliant

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2007 - 03:33 Reply with quote Back to top

As much as I try to resist, I can't help entering into yet another rookie NBL tournament...they're just too much fun. I was going to use some elfs, but due to popular request I'm going in with some stunties. Prepare to dance in my team's blood.

Good luck to the old and new blood joining us - may the one who rolls the most BOTH DOWNs win Laughing
Nighteye

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2007 - 03:44 Reply with quote Back to top

First time was fun, so im entering in the next as well. Got me some slaves and some moohcows this time.
Snappy_Dresser

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2007 - 03:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Well paint my butt red and sign me up!

"I hear that shadow is a douchebag"
-Mr Foulscumm
mikkelperlt

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2007 - 10:13 Reply with quote Back to top

We're big, We're dumb, and there're too few of us... We're ready for Septus Tyrannus!

Equity Ogres.
RealMadns

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2007 - 20:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Equity 0 - 5 Calm Before the Storm

Touchdownparty as the meterological rats of Calm Before the Storm punished the big, but dumb and very few ogres of Equity:

The game started out as a standard game of bloodbowl, with the big guys beating up the smaller ones. SI for a linerat in round one (apo save) folowed by a BH and a some ko's... the remaining rats payed little atention to that however, and proceded to score an early TD. The rest of the game went with the ogres trying to overcome their stupidity, and the Gutter Runners punishing that same stupidity with 4 more TD's, and almost a 6th, except for a bothdown on the Ratogre.

All 3 Gutter runners ended up with skills for the effort: 2 times +1ma and a dobbel roll (Dauntless)
princevaliant

Post   Posted: Apr 09, 2007 - 20:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Bad Idiotic Goblins (B.I.G.) 4 - 2 Dark Is Rising

What a hilarious match! The luck meter was swinging back and forth like a pendulum this match, with B.I.G. remaining at 50% all half despite still having 4 unused RR, but then ending up the match at 64% with a failed TTM turning into a T16 miracle goblin-pick-up-on-a-6-GFI-twice-pass-TD!!! Dark saw the opposite, staying above 60% the first half but dropping to 50% by the end and watching the team fall apart.

The 1st half saw Nobbla get BH on T2 and the APO used on a niggled Goblin. A Goblin TD was quickly returned, and TTM failed despite having 2 turns to set it up perfectly.

The 2nd half started with a T0 B.I.G. Blitz - a TTM Goblin stole the ball on the catch and ran it in after a Dark Thrower rolled snake-eyes on the blitz, bringing the score to 2-1 and T2. Another bad Frenzy for the Witch let the goblins all run past the LoS and swarm the ball, taking it down the field and brining the lead to 3-1.

This time Dark wasn't screwing around with blocks, and with a Bad Kick a Witch proceeded to run all the way downfield as quickly as possible with some friends for protection. Out of RR, B.I.G. rolled 1,2 on a cheap block before doing anything, and the score was easily made 3-2.

To add insult to injury, a T7 TTM of a LoS Goblin who miraculously caught the loose ball sent the little guy and the ball way down-field, though he fell on the landing. The failed lander dodged and sprinted 5 squares to receive the miracle pass, and the game ended as 4-2.

Sadly the MVP went to the RIP goblin. On a much funnier note the Goblin 'Trip-me' tripped himself with snake-eyes and got -1AV for it - he's sure to remain on the team for some time with that attitude! Thanks again for the match PigeonSmythe, always a pleasure.

Forgot to mention that Nobbla wasted a RR trying to start the chainsaw, then was BH on T2 after finally starting it up. Poor misunderstood Frenzy, Chainsaw Goblin Sad
princevaliant

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2007 - 02:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Bad Idiotic Goblins (B.I.G.) 3 - 0 No Block Skill... Rats!

what can you say about a game where the goblins suffer nothing worse than a Stun until T12? A game where the opposing coach willingly makes a -3d block with a linerat against a troll just to clear the pitch? I thought earning 23 spp in a match with rookie Goblins was pretty good, but 33 is a record I don't think I'll be able to beat for a long, long time.

The match was a slaughter even without any stars for B.I.G. Thanks again for the match Phubar...from the self-destructing Apo Failed Rat Ogre RIP I knew this game was going to be...special.
phubar

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2007 - 02:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Bad Idiotic Goblins 3 - 0 No Block Skill... Rats!
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=1633795

It had been a while since I've blown a Bone-Head roll as a coach, but I'm getting back into true form this week. I started this game with a doozy, promptly handing the ball over after receiving the kickoff. And the game just got worse from there.
B.I.G. T2 - Linerat and Thrower get BH'ed
Rats T3 - Rat Ogre dies blitzing a gobbo, Apo fails.
BIG T3 - Linerat gets BH
Rats T4 - Linerat KO's himself blocking a gobbo

2nd half:
BIG T2 - Linerat gets killed by a gobbo, another Linerat gets SI (mng) by another gobbo
BIG T5 - GR (with ball) gets BH'ed by a Troll
Rats T6 - GR BH's himself taking a both-down against gobbo-ballcarrier. Fails to break armor against the goblin.
Rats T7 - In response to BIG refusing to remove the final rat from the field, said linerat takes a 3da blitz against a Troll, and BH's himself.

So No Block Skill... Rats! are now down to 88/82 strength. I'm going to go for the Da Urty Boyz award for Septus and try to get all my games in with the crippled team anyways.

oops... just fouled a coach all the way out of FUMBBL... (gosh)-(darn) it!
phubar

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2007 - 03:36 Reply with quote Back to top

No Block Skill... Rats! 2 - 2 Once Around the (no) Block
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=1633876

Nuffle showed mercy on the Rats, gifting them with a pair of free gutter-runner TDs when the orcs failed to protect the ball. This let them tie the game up despite being down several men. And their only casualty suffered was a AV drop... when the Apo failed for the second time in 2 games.

phubar

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2007 - 07:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Ask Not For Mercy 0 - 3 No Block Skill... Rats!
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=1634031

The Rats came into this game facing both the bomber and the chainsaw hired by the gobbos to take them down... But the bomber took out more goblins than rats and the chainsaw never started - and both were ejected after the first drive. Meanwhile, the gutter runners of No Block Skill ran rampant among the goblins, repeatedly stealing the ball and taking it to the house for a score. Gutter runner Narc scored all 3 TDs to get the MVP and immediately rolled 2 skills... But niggled on ageing on the second roll.

Snappy_Dresser

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2007 - 08:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Ask for no Mercy vs Greatest of the No Block Elves (0-0)

hmmm

Both teams are left wondering...was it a dream? Did it really happen?

No score, no perm cas. In fact, nothing much happened.

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=1634063

"I hear that shadow is a douchebag"
-Mr Foulscumm
 Jump to: