51 coaches online • Server time: 16:58
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Making Assassins mor...goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post Meat Grinder Season ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SillySod

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2009 - 02:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Please use this thread for vampire predictions, reports, and trash talk Smile

Every year there are loads of tournaments ranging from the monstrosity that is the 512 coach FUMBBL Cup to small afternoon smacks. XFLs are probably the most distinctive... who can forget the yawntastic XFL Orc or claw-filled rat on rat action? However, easily the best one each year is the XFL Vampire. Yes, its that time of the year again!

Since the draw isnt up yet I'll confine myself to reporting some of the fun preperation going on and making a few wild and unqualified guesses and insults Very Happy When the draw is up it'd be cool if I someone would share the predictions with me, we could each do the half we werent in.

The first victim of the tournament is pretty clear.... Wut der Wiedergaenger have suffered a series of especially cruel disasters. A 0/0/6 casualty game and the death of a legend stand out especially.

Actually, this gave me an idea... post all the deaths you suffer/inflict in preperation for the XFL (especially if you end up not entering it as a result) and I'll produce a proper sized graveyard of the fallen for the tourney and the prep. Deaths only but bounties and threats are encouraged Smile

Here lie the befallen. Rest In Peace....

Nachtburg Ancients: Image
Placated Lust: Image
Wut der Wiedergaenger: Image Image Image Image Image

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
dpwright

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2009 - 20:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Sillysod...I am very excited about the vampire XFL and won't be making the same mistake this year as last year...no rookie vamps will be in the team!

"Placated Lust" should make the cut and will be a force to be reckoned with. "Wut der Wiedergaenger" have rebuilt well and your "Die, Meech, Die" should be in there.

I am officially calling out Melissa...use those vampires or retire them. Don't just leave them sitting at the top of the vampire rankings. It's lame.
Forrest_Gump

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2009 - 20:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Vamps beware! my lizards seem to be on a vampire killing spree Razz they niggled a str5 frenzy vamp this game \9having been reposonsible for the 0/0/6 game silly mentioned Razz). In an unrelated note that's my lizards out of the xfl Razz

Try out Tilean Triad Trialsfor some fun threesome action!

Burnalot

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2009 - 20:36 Reply with quote Back to top

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&player_id=6643737

got this guy killed too

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2009 - 21:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, the road to the XLF is truly a stony one and many thralls and vampires already had to be left behind.

And to make bad things worse my team Wut der Wiedergänger was lately unfortunately hit by a streak of aging vamps as well. Of my 3 remaining vampires 2 gained a niggling on their 3rd and 1 was revarded by a -ma on his 4th skill. Confused

Let's see if at least the 2 new rookie vampires can follow in bitterly missed Batwings legendary footsteps.

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2009 - 21:29 Reply with quote Back to top

For reference here are the top ranked Vampire teams. It is interesting to see there are only 17 Vampire teams with a TS above 200 at this time.
Sickroy

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2009 - 22:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I have been there before I started preparing for the XLF Surprised

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2009 - 02:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Killed: http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&player_id=6623959
Retired: http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&player_id=6612231

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2009 - 03:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Killed on a failed apot: http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&player_id=5975585

-Ma on a both down failed block with failed regen: http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&op=view&player_id=6336485

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2009 - 04:28 Reply with quote Back to top

What general TR is the cutoff expected to be? I want in but I'm not sure my team is ready.
SillySod

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2009 - 04:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Mmmmmm, a nice set of kills for the graveyard. Kudos for making forrest pay for playing against vampires Very Happy

I think the most interesting question that always comes up is... how many vampires are optimal? I'm seeing pretty much every serious team builing with 4, 5, and even 6 vampires. However, one of the most talked about favourites the Guild of the Unseen are weighing in with just three and only one with blodge!

Quote:
I am officially calling out Melissa...use those vampires or retire them. Don't just leave them sitting at the top of the vampire rankings. It's lame.

In fairness they're proably waiting for the XFL to come around after being kicked out in round one last time. Thats a forgivable crime IMO Razz The teams page isnt really a ranking anyway.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
SillySod

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2009 - 05:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Catalyst32 wrote:
What general TR is the cutoff expected to be? I want in but I'm not sure my team is ready.

If you can get 3-4 vampires, 12 thralls, at least 6 RRs and some cash together then I think you have a chance, certainly you should be competitive for the first few rounds. XFL vampire isnt usually won by the best looking team.

SzieberthAdam

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2009 - 16:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Killed: http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&player_id=6612838

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2009 - 19:46 Reply with quote Back to top

SillySod wrote:

I think the most interesting question that always comes up is... how many vampires are optimal? I'm seeing pretty much every serious team builing with 4, 5, and even 6 vampires. However, one of the most talked about favourites the Guild of the Unseen are weighing in with just three and only one with blodge!

But my team is not that good. I'm just too scared to play more games with them with those nice thralls that I have ... Smile
4, maybe 5 is ideal I think. Depends a bit on how good your thralls are. And on how much money you can spend on the Lord.

Will be a great tournament!
Cloggy

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2009 - 20:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Niggled and retired: http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&player_id=6406172