19 coaches online • Server time: 06:34
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Making Assassins mor...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NAF Charity Tourney ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
GameAvatar

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2006 - 06:32 Reply with quote Back to top

The thread for all your NWL match reports and trash talk!

In their first NWL match the Mmm Mummies were clobbered by Northern Wastes Jihad-Squad 0-1. The prancy wood elves were surprisingly bashy managing to match the mummies cas for cas. The Khemri blew a chance to score in the first half and spent the second half chasing the nimble elves from one corner of the pitch to another. Highlight of the match for the Khemri was Tarnished Tut getting an interception to prevent the woodies from a second TD. Impeccable play by woodies without any rr's - not that they seemed to need any.
AFK_Eagle

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2006 - 06:41 Reply with quote Back to top

The misfit humans of What a Waste began their search for redemption with a sound clobbering of the High Elf team Tribute to Greatness. The humans dodged, passed, intercepted the ball, and of course bashed and scored their way to a convincing 4-0 opening victory. MVP honors to our ogre, giving a 1st-game skill, to match two blitzers scoring twice each. Next match: chaos. Bring it on!

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2006 - 08:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Mmm Mummies 2 over Wicked Awesomes 0

From one elf extreme to another. Last match the woodies could do no wrong. This match the damn darkies were cursed from the start. Coach lordchaos set up to receive and the Khemri got a blitz on em! From there it only got worse … one failed roll after another.

Only dark mark on the match was Savage Seti attempting a blitz and tripping on a GFI. Armor breaks, SI –mv. Regen fails. Been a damn bunch of defective Khemri so far 3/4 they have failed to regenerate.

Thanks again for the match lordchaos – hopefully your luck improves against your next opponent!
lordchaos

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2006 - 08:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks man, I hope so to. My Wicked Awesomes were not wicked or even close to awesome in their first outing in the NWL. Hopefully they prove to be better in their upcoming matches. Good luck to you to GA. Hopefully your mummies smash some of my future opponents. Smile

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2006 - 14:54 Reply with quote Back to top

The view from the stands has been both impressive (sometimes) and humorous (mostly) thus far in the NWL. I speced the first round match between MMM Mummies and the Northern Wastes Jihad-Squad and what can i say. Mmm... coaching... and GA, isnt your team slow enough without 2 -MAs so far?

sehou

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2006 - 22:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Got maimed bad by hunter in Round 1. I'm already a handicap behind for Round 2 vs. Afk_Eagle and his 4 blitzers... Hopefully, i roll Morley's Revenge and 3 players are hit for the whole game, and I get the ref throughout the match. Then it could be a game.
hunter

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2006 - 22:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, a rather rough crowd at the Somthing Skinks in Here vs. Qc Inbreds match invaded the pitch once and tore a surfing beastman to shreds. Heavy hitting by the lizards resulted in quite a few stuns, a handful of injuries, and (therefore) control of the ball for most of the match. For his efforts, Smelly Jelly was taught the Frenzy skill. Smile

Seems like a few teams are getting roughed up already in our division, and only one round in. Good luck to all!

Regards,
~hunter

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2006 - 22:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, my Tribute to Greatness inaugrial match ended up being more of a Tribute to Frustration. When I wasn't failing Target 2 pickups, passes, catches, handoffs, and 2d blocks, I was throwing target 7 interceptions and being bashed/fouled to bits. Even my fans deserted me.

9 elfs managed to survive to take on the Stinks, so we'll see how that goes. Smile
Uber

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2006 - 04:40 Reply with quote Back to top

How does an elf talk smack to a bunch of Necromantics, Lizards, Chaos, CDs, Orcs and Skavens? These foul creatures wouldn't even understand half of what we're saying...

We've went and beat the odds and didn't smacked into oblivion during week 1. Kenty got the game, but everyone is still alive to tell the story. One down, five to go. This is a test of endurance, may av7 prevail!

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2006 - 05:30 Reply with quote Back to top

My chaos have lost their 2nd game in a row, and will try to establish the first 6 loss streak of this league. Luckily, they got some help from Eagle, who managed to niggle one beastman after I brilliantly apoed a MNG. Now up to a roster of 10, they hope that celas' Treeman will get his fair share of SI and RIP, to secure their place in NWL short history.
AFK_Eagle

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2006 - 05:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Those human misfits of What a Waste just keep on proving themselves against whatever is thrown against them. This time, a chaos team with 3 massive CW's--quite a task for a bunch of str3 humans w/o guard support--but Nuffle was having fun, giving skulls and pow/skulls to everybody. Fortunately, 4 of our number already know how to block effectively, which proved to be the difference maker in the match. Two games down, two victories. Onward, losers! Keep proving to the world you're not as bad as everybody thinks you are!

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2006 - 01:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Uber wants to know how elves smack-talk.....here is how you do it: I-Bin Pharteen challenges Corporate Fraud Chaingangster to a Native American Leg-Wrestling match for rights to the title of strongest elf alive!!

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2006 - 03:47 Reply with quote Back to top

ive only got one word to say....

golems.... damn!

guess thats 2 words, oh well!

great game kenty, hope your comptuer crashes and catches on fire tonight! Wink

jasoN!

Kenty

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2006 - 03:50 Reply with quote Back to top

We didn't hurt a single one of Uber's elves. Then Prophane and his armorless orcs took the pitch and we just couldn't resist. Our wolves are wearing orc skin boots and the zombies are enjoying an all they can eat buffet of orc brains!
lordchaos

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2006 - 04:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Man, the Wicked Awesome have had it rough so far this season. After my second game in the 3rd week vs Tribute To Greatness my darkelves left the game with 2 dead players to bury. Even though we managed to tie the game....it still felt like a loss.

Last edited by lordchaos on %b %07, %2006 - %06:%Mar; edited 1 time in total
 Jump to: