13 coaches online • Server time: 06:41
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Making Assassins mor...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NAF Charity Tourney ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Symmetrical

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2006 - 23:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I declare the forums for Season 14 open, in the hope that the season itself will soon follow.

SWL Premier Season 14: Dark Elves, Amazons, Necro, Lizards, Orcs, Dwarves, Chaos Dwarves, Skaven.

Place your bets people.

Last edited by Symmetrical on %b %23, %2006 - %23:%Mar; edited 1 time in total
Rabid_Bogscum

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2006 - 23:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Wondered who would get in first. Ok mate Bold prediction. The German Vermin to shock the establishment, winning nearly all early games... taking a few beatings along the way and eventually limping over the line thanks to a shock win by someone against the Zen Adepts in the last round.

Proud Member of the SWL
Fool

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2006 - 23:20 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll put my money on the Dark Elves to win a record 3 times.
Symmetrical

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2006 - 23:23 Reply with quote Back to top

It'd be poor form, and incredibly bad luck to pick myself, so I'm going to put my money on Sandune's Orcs. They might not have all the skills yet, but their coach has a proven track record for getting the most out of bash teams.

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2006 - 23:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, its a tough choice, but I'm going to be different and go for Karak-Varn FC.

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2006 - 23:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh and despite the evil Dwarves present I think Laviaks Zons may surprise a few people

Proud Member of the SWL
Patrician

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2006 - 23:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Since this is the better forum to discuss now, could people please put their thinking caps on about a possible Fluff competition? Categories, voting methods, prizes, etc.

I can forsee Longshanks being an early contender.....

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2006 - 00:30 Reply with quote Back to top

I reckon in the Premier race, I'll probably get the wooden spoon.

With regards to the fluff thing, I've already suggested a prize, and I think a simple nominations then voting process at the end of the season should be sufficient. The main prize should be best fluff contributor, and have the prize I mentioned in the other thread. Other prizes would be diffcult IMO.

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2006 - 00:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I like your prize too Chunk. If we get a bit of a concenssus its a goer.

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2006 - 01:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I started doing a strengths / weaknesses writeup, and I'll get around to finishing it later (unfortunately I have to actually do some work for the moment - who would have thought...)

Probably the strongest teams are the dark elves, orcs skaven (if they can survive). Unfortunately, I've hardly played against any of the teams' coaches, so I can't say that much - They are bound to be pretty good coaches (having actually made it to Prem), and we already know that snorri has what it takes to pull of the muxh needed wins.

There are a few teams that (depending on the order of the matches) may well be fighting for survival the whole way through - especially the necros, amazons and potentially the lizards (all those skinks - they'll either survive, and kick arse, or die, and leave the team struggling). That said, I reckon that the amazons and lizards will be able to pull off some wins here and there - many of the teams they'll be going against don't have enough tackle to deal with all that dodge at this stage.

What about the dwarves you say? Well, to be honest, I think that those three niggles on the CD team are too much of a liability (especially the bull), and the dwarves ... well ... with only 3 AG3 players, I know who I'll be trying to hit.
______

Fluff wise, I agree with chunky - get people to PM nominations to one person, then run voting with a forum poll - maybe the top 5 or so? and add in a couple of "I'm addicted to voting and I like pie" type options for the non-SWL plebs Wink

Patrician

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2006 - 02:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Laviak wrote:

Fluff wise, I agree with chunky - get people to PM nominations to one person, then run voting with a forum poll - maybe the top 5 or so? and add in a couple of "I'm addicted to voting and I like pie" type options for the non-SWL plebs Wink

Thanks Laviak.

Ok, so it looks like the following

SWL 14 Fluff Trophy

Format: Open competion on all material posted on Channel BB thread, by SWL players. Players must have their own unique reporter name, but the format does not necesarilly have to be like a newspiece.

Voting: Nominations to me at the end of the season, followed by a round of voting by SWL members.

Prize: Chosen reporter name is added to the title of the Channel BB Conference until the end of next SWL season. Title winner will be added to the list of Twahnloe winners on Snorriheim. (Whatta ya think Snorri?)

All good? Rolling Eyes right, back to work Evil or Very Mad

EDIT: Laviak I said back to work! Embarassed

Last edited by Patrician on %b %24, %2006 - %02:%Mar; edited 1 time in total
Laviak

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2006 - 02:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Wasn't it the name of the conference Pat? (rather than the title of the thread)
ozjesting

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2006 - 02:58 Reply with quote Back to top

I find it a delightful irony that the search and design for a "fluff" award has been dealt with in a less then fluffy way Wink

But kudos regardless!

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2006 - 03:43 Reply with quote Back to top

ozjesting wrote:
I find it a delightful irony that the search and design for a "fluff" award has been dealt with in a less then fluffy way Wink

But kudos regardless!

SIGH...have I emphasised enough that my headspace is currently occupied? Wageslave to the corporate machine am I, I am duty bound to finish this important piece of work so my office can requisition more staples! Mad

Delectable Fluff will be written for the competition when I get a chance.

And I'll have no more insightful little comments from you Oz, or I won't come and see your show Wink
OldBugman

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2006 - 05:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Well poor little Drunka Drinkin wont be going into the season 14 under the KFC banner some fresh blood is what the team needs and a nice and tidy trim of the TR down from 196 to 179. Bring on season 14!
 Jump to: