67 coaches online • Server time: 23:48
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post 4,000TV!goto Post IBA Draft Leaguegoto Post SWL Season CI
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Kyyberi

Post 4 Posted: Jun 06, 2006 - 22:44 Reply with quote Back to top

OMG! We need at least one replacement again! This time there are 2 spots open in European Divisions, so coaches who are able to play in european times should apply. 4-5 games are played, so the replacement teams would have 3 or 2 games left. I'd really like to find a team for that "3 games left"-spot. And if there is someone interested, that spot for 2 games is also free to take.

There replacement teams might not have a good chance to go to playoffs (as they get only half the poinst from the previous teams), but it's still some fun and good practise for Season 2. Please apply to Group Page, first ones are served.

Check the full League Format on Group Page.

A quick introduction to tournament:

-Will go on for Season after Season.
-2 Conferences with few Divisions in each. A lot like real NFL.
-Other Conference for "American" timezone, and other for "European" timezone. You don't have to live on that region, it is to help on arranging games between coaches.
-About 7 to 9 games per Season, plus Playoffs.
-1 game for every 1 and half weeks, deadlines will be given before League Starts.
-Bounty Hunts. You can set a Bounty Hunt to annoying opposing players. And smile as they get hurt later. See Group Page for more information.
-Starting teams max TR130, all LRB and Unranked teams can apply.
-Salary Cap. During the League your team has to stay at max TR175. Gold is NOT counted on that, so you can keep treasury to buy players if you get hammered badly. This means that there will be some team management.
-After Season, there will be a number of Bowl Games, and bunch of nice Awards. All Trophies and Awards will be given as pictures to add to bio too.

-Looking for dedicated coaches who like to have fun, and are not over-loving their precious players. Good players might get killed in this League.

So check the Group Page and apply today!

If you have any suggestions or questions, feel free to post them here.

Last edited by Kyyberi on %b %01, %2006 - %22:%Aug; edited 10 times in total
Kyyberi

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2006 - 17:09 Reply with quote Back to top

When you apply, please send a pm to Kyyberi and state which Conference you'd like to enter. The American timezone or the European timezone.

Thank you.

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2006 - 17:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Looks great! I'm in!
Bamboo

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2006 - 00:28 Reply with quote Back to top

... just bumping this cos it looks good.
Smile
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2006 - 01:44 Reply with quote Back to top

And where is the Oceania Zone? Again, you miss a third of your audience...
Kyyberi

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2006 - 10:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Oceanians can enter either Conference, according to their wishes Wink

We need at least 2 of European timezone coaches, and 4 American timezone coaches. Then we would have 2 Divisions of 4 teams in both Conferences.

The plan is to start the League on the end of next week, so if you are interested join fast!

P.S. You can play with your team before the League begins, if you want to try to improve it. These are known as Pre-Season Games. Remember that your TR has to be max 130 at the start of the League.

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2006 - 11:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Just to reiterate Clay's comment. Again, you miss a third of your audience...
Kyyberi

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2006 - 12:25 Reply with quote Back to top

You guys are right, but if there would be a third Conference, it would create problems in League Format. Then there would be 3 Divisional winners, and so on.

If there would be a LOT of interested Oceanics, nothing stops from making two separate Conferences for them, and the winner of those goes against winner of NFL (European&American) in Old World Bowl.

But I find it difficult to attract 16 Oceanics.

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2006 - 20:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Bumb!!!

Only 5 Coaches needed, and 4 of them should be playing in American timezone. Tell a friend, tell a grandmom, tell your little sister. I know there are few coaches who are just waiting to get in to this Wink

And as a sneak preview, here is the Frenzy Trophy, which is given to the overall winner of NFL. There will be trophies for best teams of both Conferences, and several other awards for teams and players.

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2006 - 20:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Little bumb. We need 3 coaches from US (or those who like to play on US times) and 1 from Europe. So only 4 spots open!

Post   Posted: Jun 11, 2006 - 01:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Kyyberi wrote:
But I find it difficult to attract 16 Oceanics.

LOL

Here you are bumping trying to find Americans, and yet you ostracised all the Oceania on the basis of cant find any (not that you tried).

Have you heard of the SWL? Its fumbbl's biggest league with 80-100 coaches at any given time and about 500+ teams.... yet you cant find anyone...

Good luck scrounging for 3 americans.
Kyyberi

Post   Posted: Jun 11, 2006 - 03:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I was not looking for those who live in Down Under, I just said that IF there would be enough interest, nothing stops from making Conferences for them.

And I know we will get those 16 coaches, don't worry. I just want them to be found asap, so that the league can start.

And yes, I have heard of SWL, NWL and OWL. And many other tourneys/leagues in FUMBBL. So?

I don't know if I got the tone of your post right, but was it so that you tried to lessen me somehow for not finding those few coaches in few days? Come on...

Post   Posted: Jun 11, 2006 - 03:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Im in as well, If you accept an American living in Canada.

Jeffro
Kyyberi

Post   Posted: Jun 11, 2006 - 03:37 Reply with quote Back to top

You can live anywhere you like Smile

The idea is to have two conferences with american and european times. That is to ease scheduling games between coaches. As it's seen that if other coach lives in US and other in Europe, there are usually some difficulties finding time.

So nothing stops European coach to sing in to "American timezone" Conference, if he likes to play at the middle of the night.

***Update***

Season 1 is full, and it kicks off at Friday 16.6. If you are interested to join, you can apply and receive a waiting slot. If a Coach drops out or is dropped, those in waiting slot may take his/her/it's place.

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2006 - 20:36 Reply with quote Back to top

ATTENTION!!!

We need one replacement coach for European timezones due to sudden drop-out. No games are yet played, so there's max TR of 130.

Please apply at Group Page A.S.A.P. First one to apply is taken to NFL.