57 coaches online • Server time: 23:34
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post 4,000TV!goto Post IBA Draft Leaguegoto Post SWL Season CI
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Will you join?
Yes
31%
 31%  [ 7 ]
Maybe
18%
 18%  [ 4 ]
Are you kidding? I don't play. I just spam polls.
50%
 50%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 22

Woodpecker

Post   Posted: Jun 23, 2006 - 05:10 Reply with quote Back to top

<b>WELCOME TO THE LAST MAN STANDING TOURNAMENT!</b>

This is a standard Tournament with a twist.
Chat Channel: #LMS

Founder: Woodpecker

Sign-Up: Group Page

**************************************************************************************************************

<b>HERE'S HOW IT WORKS</b>

New (TR100) [U] Unranked teams only may join. An Open Round Robin will be played. After one month of tournament play, the team with the most points will be declared the winner. Simple. But wait...

<b>The points for the Round Robin Games are as follows</b>
3 for a win
1 for a tie
0 for a loss
1 for each cas (max 3)
-3 for each forfeit with no reason.
3 bonus at the end of the season for every surviving player, with the following exception: If you have played less games than you have surviving players, you will only get points for each player up to the number of games you've played. (So if you have 5 players left and you've played 12 games, you get points for all the players and get 15 bonus points; but if you have 10 players but only played two games, you get only 6 points. PM Woodpecker if you don't understand.)

**************************************************************************************************************

<b>HERE'S THE TWIST</b>

All teams applying must be TR 100, and have 11 or less players on the roster.
<i><u>No Regenerating players are allowed.
No apothicaries are allowed.
TEAMS MAY NEVER FREEBOOT, BUY, OR IN ANY OTHER WAY GET NEW PLAYERS DURRING THE TOURNAMENT.</u></i> Breaking of this rule will result in immeadite expulsion. If you catch someone doing this, please report to the group staff.

So, this means the teams will slowly be worn down throughout the tournament.

<b>RECRUITING NOW OPEN FOR LAST MAN STANDING II - CARNAGE INCARNATE</b>

If you have any problems or questions, send a message to Woodpecker.

If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, post them here. I'm looking for 1-2 staff people. I'd prefer if they were participants in the Original Last Man Standing Tournament. Captain1821 especially, I'd love to have you back. I encourage you all to sign up. This was a ton of fun last time around, and I think the Open Round Robin Format will work even better.
The tournament will begin soon, hopefully within a week. There will be a minimum of 10 and a maximum of 20 teams. So sign up quickly!
Thank you,
Woodpecker, Last Man Standing Group Founder

Last edited by Woodpecker on %b %24, %2006 - %06:%Jun; edited 1 time in total
Woodpecker

Post   Posted: Jun 23, 2006 - 05:20 Reply with quote Back to top

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
(In other words, answers to any question anyone's already asked)

Q: Can only LRB teams join?
A: No, any [U] TR 100 team can join. So all stunty leeg teems can join as well as the normal teams. The only except is pact teams, which are a crime against nature, and will not be permitted in the tournament.
Woodpecker

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2006 - 01:08 Reply with quote Back to top

We have 4 entrents as of right now.

Is there anyone out there who played in the last one who has suggestions? Remember, I didn't finish running the last one, Captain1821 did.

Unless anyone objects, I'm going to allow wizards...
Prinz

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2006 - 06:31 Reply with quote Back to top

[00:18] <Woodpecker> by the way, it'd be great if you'd bump the thread Razz
[00:18] <Woodpecker> http://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=8452

shameless plug :/

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2006 - 10:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Prinz, that was perfect. Razz
We're up to six entrants, including Mr. Prinz's Skyre Team and my High Elves. See? Easy cherries!
Remember, it's Open Round Robin, so it's not quite as big of a commitment as most tournaments.
Sox

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2006 - 11:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Cool, have been looking for a tourney with an emphasis on bashing! What Fun!
Woodpecker

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2006 - 09:39 Reply with quote Back to top

It's not just about bashing. It's about...survival...
Yeeeaahhh. Anyway, we're up to 8 teams. I'd like to have at least 10, preferably more, but I'd also like to start soon. Hurry up and enter!
onionking

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2006 - 04:40 Reply with quote Back to top

The Ember Forge Bad News look forward to the upcoming season. Looks to be an interesting mix of teams so far which is good, no duplication so far, so a lot of unique games. Can't wait!
Woodpecker

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2006 - 04:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Onionking makes a good point there. So far we have one each of High Elves, Dark Elves, Dwarves, Chaos Dwarves, Skyre Slaves, Orcs, Ogres, and Chaos. So, contrary to popular opinion, it isn't just a dwarf headbanging competition. It'll be interesting to see if the tougher teams can whipe out the faster, more TD oriented teams before they pull too far ahead. Strategy will come in to play quite early, probably, because the heavy hitters need to annihilate the Elves quickly. It'd be fun if we had some woodies or pros entered as well...
G_Force

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2006 - 14:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Lizards are on their way as soon as approval is sorted. Maybe the blend of Bash and Dodge will see us through.

Kyyberi

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2006 - 15:38 Reply with quote Back to top

My High Elves are ready to rummmmbblleee!!!

Post   Posted: Jun 28, 2006 - 11:02 Reply with quote Back to top

You're both in. Welcome to the group.

Okay, that brings us to 10. So we're ready to go this weekend then. I'd still like a few more entries, so I'll start the tournament late Saturday night, Tokyo time (Saturday morning for most of you).

Get any last minute entries in now! Sign-up ends soon!
Woodpecker

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2006 - 14:55 Reply with quote Back to top

We just hit my recruiting goal of 12. More would be fun, but 12 is just about perfect. The tournament will probably start late tomorrow instead of Saturday, because I'd like to get it underway. Last entries, please!
Karson

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2006 - 15:26 Reply with quote Back to top

I would like to apply with my Chaos halfling team Buzzzz once they are approved.
Woodpecker

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2006 - 15:32 Reply with quote Back to top

That's fine, enter them once they're approved you'll be set. But be careful, remember Trolls have regen, so they aren't allowed.
 Jump to: