48 coaches online • Server time: 10:03
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post TSC Draftgoto Post 4,000TV!goto Post IBA Draft League
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What do YOU think?
Great idea, we bow down to your dazzling intellect!
24%
 24%  [ 7 ]
Good idea i'll watch this space...
20%
 20%  [ 6 ]
Hmm... has potential but will need some play testing.
17%
 17%  [ 5 ]
Go away and crawl back under your rock! IDIOT!!!
6%
 6%  [ 2 ]
No, No, No, No, No, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
31%
 31%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 29

BlackNWhiteDog

Post 20 Posted: Jun 24, 2006 - 15:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Image<b>5vs5 IT</b> (a rather boring predictable group name which will need to be improved once the group is ready)

<i>Across the known world Blood Bowl is played teams are often owned by rich businessmen and crime bosses. But what about the small guys? Shop owners, travelling merchants, street gangs, etc.
With less funds and contacts many aspiring coaches opt for the cheaper 5vs5 version of Blood Bowl, playing small local tournaments often referred to as instant tournaments.
The origins of 5vs5 have been lost over the years, indeed many leagues have blossomed and crumbled with the inevitable passing of time. But despite the highs and lows 5vs5 is still played to this very day.
Now you can take part in this fast and furious league taking on your rivals for the ultimate glory and honour of becoming one of the legendary 5vs5 coaches, living on in the memories of the people and beasts of the known world today!</i>

I have been toying with the idea of starting a group for a while, the main objective of the group would be <b>FUN</b> & fast matches. Razz

Having played in groups such as the 4vs4IT and BB7s I have a few ideas to make a <b>FUN</b> yet competitive group.

As anyone who has seen or played my teams will know I'm all for logos, custom player pictures and fluff.
This group would be no exception! Group logo, Halls of fame for current and past players, Grand Tournament Cup Image for the winners team bio etc etc...

<b>The Basics</b>
Short instant tournaments with a minimum of four coaches.
I would also like to incorporate bigger grand tournaments with prizes Image Image Image and bragging rights!
5 players (When playing 4vs4 if one of your players is injured then your remaining players become bash fooder on the line, this can make for very one sided matches and favours hi av bash teams. With the extra man the faster more agile teams have a better chance of getting those vital quick TDs bofore they are bashed of the pitch. Thus making the balance between bash & dash teams more even. Well why not 6 or 7 players I hear you cry? Simple... to keep the game time down.)
Any LRB or Stunty rosters
Positional limits halved rounding down. (This means no big guys for most teams, however stunty teams will be able to have one big guy).
Max of 2rr per team. Not including leader, pro and kick-off rr. (This should add a more unpredictable nature to the group).
Dirty Player skill is not alowed (unless a star player). (With just five players DP is not needed! This is not to say you can't foul, it just stops teams being built round dirty players (borring).)

<b>Development</b>
I have not created this group yet as I would like to know what <b>YOU</b> think?
Some play testing will be needed to highlight problems and to sort out realistic TR categories for the IT's.
Potential spin off groups such as mini leagues and team specific tournaments for bash/dash teams.

Click here for group page >>> 5vs5 Play Testing

Click here for group page >>> 5vs5 Match Reporting

Join #5vs5 to find an oponent!

New!!! Hall of Fame. I have added a hall of fame to the group page, it's my first attemt at this kinda thing. So there are still a few small bugs with the layout/images. I'll try and get them fixed asap!

If you would like to take a more active roll in the creation/running of this group please PM me BlackNWhiteDog
Please pots any comments and suggestions here...
Wink

Last edited by BlackNWhiteDog on %b %07, %2006 - %12:%Jul; edited 7 times in total
Fama

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2006 - 15:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm. Although I'm usually anti-undermanned teams (you know what I mean), this idea has some merit. Especially the halved positional limits and only 2 RR. But still, I'm afraid, different races are unbalanced. But it does sound like a fun group.

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2006 - 15:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

Hmm. Although I'm usually anti-undermanned teams (you know what I mean), this idea has some merit. Especially the halved positional limits and only 2 RR. But still, I'm afraid, different races are unbalanced. But it does sound like a fun group.

This highlights exactly the need for playtesting, I would like as many races to have a chance as possible to add variety to the group.
There's nothing worse than playing the same races over and over!

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2006 - 09:32 Reply with quote Back to top

im in if you start it soon. just let me know and ill join.
PandaPower

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2006 - 09:53 Reply with quote Back to top

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=3433

You might want to get some ideas from this 7-a-side league, it is built similarly. It's good fun. Good luck with your league
IvanTheCow

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2006 - 01:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I was wondering what you thought about apothicaries as well.
BlackNWhiteDog

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2006 - 13:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
You might want to get some ideas from this 7-a-side league, it is built similarly. It's good fun. Good luck with your league

The BB7s and the 4vs4IT were my main sources of ideas for the 5vs5IT =)

Quote:

I was wondering what you thought about apothicaries as well.

Apothicaries are alowed =)
Huscarl

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2006 - 13:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds fun, I would play in that.
BlackNWhiteDog

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2006 - 13:33 Reply with quote Back to top

The play testing group has now started!

No points or IT's yet, but you may create and submit teams now!

I will set up a thread for match reporting shortly.

Click here for group page >>> 5vs5 Play Testing

Join #5vs5 to find an oponent!
IvanTheCow

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2006 - 18:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Still looking for more playtesters
IvanTheCow

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2006 - 18:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Also, when it says Halve Positional players, it means from 4 amazon blitzers to 2, or 2 orc throwers to 1. not halving the total of all positional players available.
BlackNWhiteDog

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2006 - 21:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Just an idea...

Stunty Sub
How about stunty teams are alowed an extra lineman, which must be placed out of the way and not used unless a cas is inflicted.
Player would only become active after a TD or end of half.

Post 22 Posted: Jul 07, 2006 - 00:38 Reply with quote Back to top

How do we make stunty teams more apealing?
Quote:

Just an idea...

Stunty Sub
How about stunty teams are alowed an extra lineman, which must be placed out of the way and not used unless a cas is inflicted.
Player would only become active after a TD or end of half.

Any ideas folks?
If we can make stunty teams competitive then it adds more variery to the group!

Cos lets face it stunty = fun Razz
PandaPower

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2006 - 00:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Can i check something? Cheater teams are allowed kickers or not please? If not how about chainsaws (they work in the same way on fouls). And I agree - Stunty = Fun Very Happy
BlackNWhiteDog

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2006 - 12:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

Can i check something? Cheater teams are allowed kickers or not please? If not how about chainsaws (they work in the same way on fouls). And I agree - Stunty = Fun

If a player comes with DP then its ok, they need it, your just not alowed to pick it as a skill choice.
There is a big difference between a goblin kicker with DP and a st4 CW with DP.

Jump to: