14 coaches online • Server time: 05:16
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Making Assassins mor...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NAF Charity Tourney ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Nehver

Post   Posted: Jul 09, 2006 - 05:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Tired of the tournies, and leagues that seem to go on forever?
Same team dominating... season after season.... ?
Is "Ye olde league: season 157" getting old???

The basis of this league is pretty simple... all teams who enter,
play til the end... the bitter end! Once the blood flies, and the guts
have been cleared off the pitch... no one will make it to the next season!

How To Enter

Teams have to be brand new, official LRB rosters, unranked division.
Only 1 team per coach.

Rules

Make your team however you wish... no restrictions on players,
skills, apoths, wizards, big guys, re-rolls... anything!

So what's the catch? All teams are in for the long haul... till the bitter end.
Once your team is accepted, no new team members may be purchased!
Not even to replace dead or injured players!!! All teams will eventually
Die In Place!

Who will survive the ultimate onslaught?

Apply Here!!!!
Woodpecker

Post   Posted: Jul 09, 2006 - 06:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Um, this is a complete ripoff of Last Man Standing. There's a slight difference in starting team lineup restrictions (in LMS, all teams must start with 11 or fewer players, and unofficial rosters are allowed). Quite frankly, I'm rather offended that you're copying my idea. If you like it, great, sign up for the next LMS (which will probably be at the start of August) but please, don't create a competing league. Thanks.
Synn

Post   Posted: Jul 09, 2006 - 06:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Well.... that difference is the selling point of the league. Not a big deal.

Nehver should still acknowledge LMS.

__Synn
stargzrrag

Post   Posted: Jul 09, 2006 - 06:36 Reply with quote Back to top

One- Imitation is the highest form of flatery.

Two- As That Nehver isn't a member of your group, what says that he knows of it.

Three- ************************

..just my 2 cents.

**edited to prevent a flame war**
Woodpecker

Post   Posted: Jul 09, 2006 - 06:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Synn:
Heh, it's not really much of a difference. But whatever.

Stargzrrag:
1. It depends on whether you want it...
2. If he doesn't, now he does, and what I said still stands. I'll understand if it's a mistake...
3. Same to you. Wink
nonchalance

Post   Posted: Jul 09, 2006 - 08:16 Reply with quote Back to top

While imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, regardless of whether you want it or not, imitation without reference is plagiarism.

However, disallowing unofficial rosters is a pretty solid point of difference, as is the ability to start with more than 11 players.
Edit: and I've just read your rules. You've got a point system for remaining players at the end, as well as points for winning games, and this guy's just saying "we play until everybody's dead". That's a major difference. Also, you're disallowing Nurgle, Undead, Khemri, and other regenerators, and I'm not sure this new one is.

Plus, coming out with "this is a complete rip-off" is kinda aggressive, particularly when you have no evidence that he's seen your stuff, and particularly when you've got no right or reason for stopping people starting "competing" leagues, as far as I can see.
You two have a hell of a lot more to gain through co-operation than you do through competition.
Nehver

Post   Posted: Jul 09, 2006 - 08:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey Woodpecker,
Sorry if you thought I was ripping you off... but honestly, I had no idea that there was such a league.
Great minds think alike.... and so do ours! Wink

I just thought it would be a fun idea. My league is much less formal of course... none of those pesky rules to get in the way... and who said anything about awarding points for wins losses and ties???? Idea of this league is simply to try and survive, lol. Am I going to canccel my league and join yours? no... sorry.

I started a 5v5 league years ago, and it's still running strong.
There have been plenty of 5v5 leagues started since mine... did I take offense,
and ask the other coaches to join mine instead of creating "competition"? Hell no.

There are many different varieties of the same types of leagues out there... just with
slightly different spins on them. What might appeal to one coach, might not appeal to
another. So variety on the same types of tournies aren't really a bad idea... helps to keep
all the fumbbl coaches out there happy. One person, runnning one type of tourney, couldn't
possibly appease every coach on fumbbl... we need multiple tournies to reach all coaches.

And besides, if you are confident that you run a good league... and your coaches are happy
with you... then you dont need to worry about competition. That's not a shot at you... that's
just why I dont care about people "copying" my ideas.

So, to wrap up...Sorry if you thought I "stole your idea", but I didn't... had no idea your league even existed.
I'm still gonna run my league though, and not gonna join yours... so nanny, nanny, boo, boo ;P

Jeez, lets just all have fun!
-Nehver

P.S.- In the entire history of fumbbl... with all the coaches out there, that have ran different types of leagues... do you think it possible that ANY tourny someone starts today is an original idea that's never been done before? I doubt it.

Last edited by Nehver on %b %09, %2006 - %08:%Jul; edited 1 time in total
Woodpecker

Post   Posted: Jul 09, 2006 - 08:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Meh, fair enough I guess. You're getting good publicity off of this. However, the survival theme is what makes LMS special: the rules change from tournament to tournament, but survival is always the central aspect. I'm kind of protective of that idea. There doesn't seem to be much difference to me, but if you must run it, go ahead, and good luck. Sorry I kind of overreacted, but I'd like to keep LMS alive, and it's difficult to do that with young groups. Chow.
seouledout

Post   Posted: Jul 09, 2006 - 08:43 Reply with quote Back to top

How many Undead teams do you thinkwill be signing up? HMM....
Nehver

Post   Posted: Jul 09, 2006 - 08:47 Reply with quote Back to top

My guess... plenty, lol.
I'd put money on alot of Khemri, Undead, Orc... maybe Dark Elves.
Alot of higher AV teams. I originally made an orc team... but if I dont see a good mix...
I make up something else just for the fun of it Smile
-Nehver
stargzrrag

Post   Posted: Jul 09, 2006 - 09:13 Reply with quote Back to top

I created a group called Last Man Standing after reading through ALL the group listed in the groups page on an idea that arcane257 and I had once. I didn't see another team with the "LMS" idea or the concept we had in mind (which is different from these two groups, FYI) for that matter, but it went nowhere. I still have the group up for that matter. Currently no teams in it. Mostly all it did was show me how much work a group admin has to do to get a group to run.

I don't plan on renaming the group. Actually, I was suprised to see that a second group of the same name could even be created.

Maybe someday I'll even make the group functional.
Woodpecker

Post   Posted: Jul 09, 2006 - 09:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Heh, it's true. That's odd. Doesn't seem like that should be possible to me.
Nehver

Post   Posted: Jul 11, 2006 - 23:27 Reply with quote Back to top

The Tourney is officially open!
First game has already been played, between "All Must Die", and "Dead to Rights2".
This basher game ended in a 1-1 tie, with amazingly no injuries! That means 2 teams
through their first match, and still at full strength!

Remember, we would like to start a second group of 8 teams, so it's not to late to sumbit applications.
If we get mulitiple groups, as teams drop out, we can start merging them together, and just have one
big, bloody, brawl til the end Smile

Good luck to all!
-Nehver

P.S.- Remember coaches... you may apply with a second team!

Last edited by Nehver on %b %12, %2006 - %08:%Jul; edited 1 time in total
Nehver

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2006 - 08:23 Reply with quote Back to top

"All Must Die" Gets in their second game, with a 2 point victory... however with a 2 casulty cost.
Congrats to "Hard Hitting Horders" #1 Troll Slayer, Morn Skullcrusher! He not only sccored the first CAS
of the season, but he sent a message out with his hit, and made it a kill.... RIP. Luckily, The orcs apoth
sprinted into the field with his magical sponge, to revive what would have been a bad start for the orc team.

However...not long after, the #5 Longbeard, Gorbar Goblin Eater laid a nasty hit on an orc lineman. The orc apoth
being unprepared, with only one magical sponge for the match, was unable to help this teammate. #9 Pain, will not only
miss the next match, but is expected to have difficulties with this niggling injury in the future.

The orc team now leading division 1 in wins... but their numbers already dwindling.
Nehver

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2006 - 19:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome to the latecomer, Starflam!
However, just in time! A team was just caught cheating and booted.
Therefore, <b>Old Grudge Flavor</b> has replaced, Dead to Rights2 (that's right... no bold type for you!)
Good Luck

-Nehver
 Jump to: