45 coaches online • Server time: 17:47
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post TSC Draftgoto Post 4,000TV!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Chewie

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2007 - 04:19 Reply with quote Back to top

As you all know, smeat has not been on for a while and the league is falling behind as a result. To hopefully remedy this situation, i've just sent a PM to smeat, giving him until the tenth to get back to us or we'll have to forfeit his game with elvenavatar.
I know that this is not ideal, but figure that we've waited over a week, so what harm can 3 days do?
I know that we are all looking forwards to smeat's return, and hope that this action will help get us back on track, as it's a ton of fun!

Chewie
AlanHasek

Post   Posted: Mar 07, 2007 - 08:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok the new recruitment thread the expansion of the league and the inclusion of the new short stop or stunty league (do not panic this league runs on the same rules as the elf league). i have found that it is possible to play fun stunty games without fouling or CP'ing and hope there are others out there too.

And besides how funny would it be to have a season 2 grand final of wodd elves V's a bunch of fat friars and 4 tons of Kobey beef lol. well i think so at least Smile
Skinback

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2007 - 17:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Well another close fought match and good game by ironjaw. It was a shame he used a rr on Tyrion for a BH for later in the game he got killed. Rest assured though his name has gone down for a reroll.
Lots of 1s again in an elf game and because of that i gave him a goal in first half. Second half pulled it back with a fummble his passer done whilste trying to dodge. Couldnt get ball of him again untill 7th turn but silly blitzer caught the droped ball so stoped me from trying to score 2nd goal.

Well played Ironjaw and sad winnings for you to

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2007 - 13:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, Athletico played their final group game yesterday, against VultureSquadron's Death Blood...

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=1596477

I thought i'd sleep on it before i posted my report, as this game had me chewing at the corners of my pc...

Jack played well, and fairly. However, all he had to do to win was wait for the inevitable double skull, that came, on average, every two turns, or the failed pick up/ catch/fumbled pass that came every other turn too. Even Jack was amazed at how the game was ruined - "Nuffle hates you" - "Yep, he sure does Smile"

How the hell my luck got over 30% i'll never know, maybe because we had to restart 3 times, due to NTL playing up, but if Alan wants a candidate for the "wrong" award for this week, he need look no further than 6 or 7 players on my team.
20k and -ff to boot, don't let me forget that! Wink

Oh well, if you thought that was bad, you should have seen what i was gonna post last night Smile

The rematch in the tournament, if it comes, will be very different, i promise Jack...
Chewie

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2007 - 12:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I've just been onto the admins, and can tell you all that smeat has NOT been banned... Smile

The purpose of this post is to find out what you guys think we should do with him next... any suggestions will be gratefully recieved...

Oh, the final round is now open to play, so get at it lads!
AlanHasek

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2007 - 09:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm i just closed out my Rnd 6 with a very fast paced 2-2 draw with Elven, both of us nearly went from end to end for a score with long passing, quick feet, fast hands and lead boots (especially elvens wardancers hehe). Agreat game to play and i definitely put up more of a fight with 10 players.

Great game
elvenavatar

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2007 - 11:30 Reply with quote Back to top

i agree whole heartedly Alan, nice, fast and fun, thats what this league is all about, the long passing was a wonder to behold but not as wonderful as my breakdancing wardancers, very 'street', as to smeat... at this late stage theres not really a lot of point taking any definite action, just award the game to his oppo and see what happens next season Very Happy

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2007 - 16:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Guys, a quick message, yeah about smeat i thik we just need to play on unfortunately. the playoffs may be arranged by TR or TS i haven't decided yet, may even just be random.

But as a seperate note, could we all start asking around to get other players to join in with season 2. We want at least 4 or more elf teams new or that have played up to ten games. and also need 8+ stunty players to take part in division 2. Stunty teams need to be new, in "L" and follow the same rules as the group on fouling and crowd pushing, so No DP lol.

Any help you guys could give would be much appreciated.

Oh and i had a nice chat with AJ this morning, he's back in April a new and so will hopefully be joining us for season 2 with his original team. I'd like it we could all welcome him back as if he had never gone Smile
AlanHasek

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2007 - 15:36 Reply with quote Back to top

RDW are retired midway through the final league match due to horrific dice. I have sent a group PM detailing the way me and chewie will try to organise the playoffs with the absence of RDW and also the absence of Smeat at thsi current time
Skinback

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2007 - 15:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Well guys just played Alan and all i can say is really bad dice for him and not a happy game either. Not going to say anymore as Alan a bit upset about it but just good luck with next team mate as you are a good coach and dont let he dice ruin it for you mate.

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2007 - 16:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, Play on! It was going so well, too. Ernest is ready to contine his quest for MVP! Let's roll!
Skinback

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2007 - 11:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Well guys another hi and lets try to finish this round off please please please.

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2007 - 17:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Right the last matches in Rnd 6 look straight forward, but, if skinback wins against elven then he might go through on TD difference. So i would love to see that game being played if you can hit me up with a day and time. And Vinnie breaks in our newest group member Hobo who is replacing Smeats team in the current season.
VinnieSpleenmasher

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2007 - 15:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Week 7: This had all the makings of a BBRC Special right from the beginning. Coach Smeat had been AWOL for three weeks, so his team was booted from the league. Hobo's Blackwood Wiazards stepped in to fill the void. For the past three weeks, Existentialism had done nothing except sit around and drink ale. Existentism was very apathetic about playing the last game of the regular season. Their only form of physical training was "getting their end in" one of the many fine strippers, oops! I mean wenches from Rosie Rumpe's Royal Dumpe. On the day of the game, only eight Existentialism players showed up to engage the Wizards. The game was a tale of opposites: Existentialism did not want to get anyone injured for the play-offs that begin next week. The Wizards were inspired to be playing in an organized league (drunks, crack addicts, and hookers just don't offer much in competition), in front of a live audience (stray animals just don't know when to cheer), with new uniforms (there is more to it than just a jockstrap?), and a living referee (a far cry from the cardboard cut-out). They were even going to get paid after the game. OMG! Some were actaully going to get laid, because their wives were excited at using the paycheck to go shopping! Ernest was so rusty that he actaully niggled out of the game; the apothecary was used to get him ready to play. If that wasn't bad enough, the entire BBRC oganization showed up to the game. Their fat arse were so large, they had trouble sitting in those small seats. To gain more elbow room, Jervis immediately orders the paying fans removed from the stadium -- of course, he did not order a refund! Ernest knew the fix was set when each member of the BBRC opened a brand, spanking (AND I MEAN SPANKING!) new jar of KY Jelly. Ernest avoided looking into the stands after seeing the BBRC removing their pants. Late in the first half, Ernest slipped on something that will remain nameless and re-injured his already damaged back. From that moment on, a game that was bad just turned to shit. This brought the BBRC into a mad frenzy. The noise was deafening. With every one and skull, the BBRC spanked, jerked, and pumped with reckless abandon. The BBRC made the Roman Orgies look like child's play. The final score was a 4-1 loss for Existenialism. The only highlight was that no one was seriously injured or killed.
AlanHasek

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2007 - 09:42 Reply with quote Back to top

you gotta love vinnies match reports lol, sounds like many of my games lol.
 Jump to: