43 coaches online • Server time: 17:36
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post TSC Draftgoto Post 4,000TV!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
RealMadns

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2007 - 14:52 Reply with quote Back to top

O'Doyle Rules 1 - 1 Calm Before the Storm

As <b>Calm Before the Storm</b> psyked them self up for the match against the undead, they realised, that it was as much a matter of staying alive, as it was of scoring those TD's...

This proved more difficult than expected, as one of the first blocks of the game killed Derecho, the apo decided to save his powers for later, and Derecho was promptly raised to fight against <b>Calm</b>. This he did with much success, he killed another linerat on turn 4 (saved by apo) an injured Thunder (a very fast gutter runner) in 2nd half, in the end he walked away with the mvp award as well.

As for the scoring, it started well for <b>Calm</b> who by meens of thier extreme speed made the first TD during <b>O'Doyle's</b> opening drive, they almost got away with another steal during the 2nd drive, but couldnt finish the job.
In 2nd half the NBL shoved its true colors, 4-5 turns in a row was ended by a bothdown result on first block. <b>O'Doyle</b> handled the falling better, and equalised with 1 turn to go. A valiant atempt at a 1 turn TD by <b>Calm</b> was thwarted by the incompetence of thier headcoach.
A draw was a reality, and as the game went, it was fair enough, although I am sure both coaches felt that they could have turned the game in thier favor,
Azure

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2007 - 21:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Ask Not for Mercy 1 - 1 Blockless Bones
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=1634811

The khermi mummies hit hard and often and the skeletons foul with expert ability to make the goblins find it hard to stay on the field. However, a few throwing of team mates and suddenly the goblins had a chance Smile

The first half was all Khermi as they scored to go up 1-0 quickly. The second half however, to start with was a 1 turn TD by TTM with hidden knife and he jogged in for the score. Then on the next kickoff it started to rain. Each turn, the troll threw more goblins - when down to one goblin, the troll got annoyed and ate the last goblin Smile However, with goblins being tossed downfield, enough of them got to the ball and stunty little thieves grabbed the ball and were inches from the goal line, but continued to come up short. However, at least the little pests did manage to prevent the Khermi from scoring. However, with two goblins dead from blocks (apoth saved one) and another eaten. It looks like our team will need to recruit a few more foolish minions Smile

Thanks for the game! Well played and enjoyable Kingbee!
princevaliant

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2007 - 22:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Bad Idiotic Goblins 2 - 1 Greatest of the No Block Elfs

An exciting match, with a well played 1st half for both sides and a chaotic and crazy 2nd half. After scoring in 2 turns, the goblins slowly ran up the field for a T7 touchdown. Although the multi-block troll used his skill for the 1st time (he just got it!) and knocked out 2 elves, he was BH on a foul shortly thereafter and was out for the rest. All 3 of my fouls this half were pathetic, and both of Snappy's worked out quite nicely.

No fouls this half, as I was too focused recovering after starting the first turn with 1212 on a block and having only one troll, which was covered in Elves throughout the half and unable to do much. Three blitzes against my ball carriers resulted in 3 KOs, but miraculously (or perhaps because they covered their bodies in superglue) my goblins caught the loose ball every time, and eventually ran it for a 2nd TD on T8 when Snappy failed a 2+ pickup without a rr.

Who says you can't have fun without Stars on a goblin team? So far I only hired one for the first match and he was out by T2! Thanks again for the game Snappy_Dresser and see you on the pitch sooner or later. Take your time and stew on that loss :p
phubar

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2007 - 05:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Blockless Bones 1 - 1 No Block Skill... Rats!
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=1637033

Things were going well for the rats. Scored a quick TD to open the first half, and managed to keep the Khemri out of the endzone to go into half time up 1-0. But the Blockless Bones managed to pick the ball up quickly in the second half, and things just went wrong from there. Three players were killed in consecutive turns (the Apo only managing to save the first one), and with no rats left, the Bones walked into the end zone for the tying score.

The rats have now suffered 8/4/6 casualties in their first 4 games, with the Apo only managing to stop 2 of the RIPs - he failed in the other 2 games.

oops... just fouled a coach all the way out of FUMBBL... (gosh)-(darn) it!
princevaliant

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2007 - 20:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Bad Idiotic Goblins 0 - 2 O'Doyle Rules

What happens when your luck remains below 35% all first half? You get destroyed. Fungus put in a star worthy performance in the 2nd half, but he certainly should have after he rolled 1112 and cost me a crucial turn in the 1st half. Live and learn (to hire Nobbla no matter what). A T13 TTM of my move7 goblin with the ball ruined any chance to tie, and a T16 crowd push RIP gave him the 2nd TD.

On a side note I never accept apologies about any casualties in this game, check my profile. GG Frankencow and see you again.
Killhouse

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2007 - 05:44 Reply with quote Back to top

If it says my opponent is 15, and that's the chaos dwarves, and he hasn't responded to my message to play. Do I just play someone else?
Azure

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2007 - 05:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Killhouse wrote:
If it says my opponent is 15, and that's the chaos dwarves, and he hasn't responded to my message to play. Do I just play someone else?

It is open round robin, it means you have 15 people still left that you need to play. You may play them in any order. Just go to #NBL channel and see who is around and you can easily find a match or two most times of the day.
Snappy_Dresser

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2007 - 22:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Greatest of the No Block Elves 5-0 Man Lizards

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=1639413

Well, that was a bit of a pummeling, wasn't it?

"I hear that shadow is a douchebag"
-Mr Foulscumm
phubar

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2007 - 22:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Snappy_Dresser wrote:
Greatest of the No Block Elves 5-0 Man Lizards

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=1639413

Well, that was a bit of a pummeling, wasn't it?

94% Luck!!!!!!!!

That's gotta be some kind of record. I don't think I've seen over 80% for a whole game before. 94% is ridiculous after 4 turns. After 16 turns, it's a sign of divine intervention.

To get that kind of result, the elves must have succeeded at pretty much every single dice roll out there.

Azure

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2007 - 06:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Ask Not for Mercy 1 - 3 Bovine Blitz
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=1641331

Certainly not our best match. Our luck finally managed to break the 40% barrier late in the second half...but by then it was over. We started with only 10 goblins, but had some hopes - as recent games, our team was playing with good unity. However, this was not our day.

The first half opened with the hobgoblins driving quickly for a score...but not before inflicting 3 serious injuries in 3 turns to reduce our numbers even further. However, dispite luck of 15% after 4 turns, we knew that we could only go up...and indeed we did...Hidden Knife went up, up, and away...and after a failed 3d block against Hidden Knife, he was off to the endzone. Not surprisely he tripped crossing into the endzone. However, the goblins got a huge break as the ball stayed close by and Hidden Knife got to his feet and plucked it up away from the bull centaur and scored to tie the game 1-1 at halftime.

To start the second half, the goblins were receiving, however the kick was very deep and it was a blitz. With only 6 players left on the field, the hobgoblins zoomed downfield...and brushed away the feeble attempt to stop them and they were up 2-1. The goblins still had a chance, however, a 1d blitz knocked down a bull centaur on the next turn and the ball was handed off to hidden knife with a wide open field...but the stupid troll failed to do anything but stand there. The goblins hunkered down as much as possible. However the next turn the first troll that managed to activate double skulled on its block. The ball was knocked free by the hobgoblins...the next turn the first troll trying to open a hole double skulled on its block...with only 3 players on the pitch, the hobgoblins laughed their way to a 3-1 lead. Of course there was one turn left and so a kickoff...with which the goblins could do nothing...then on the last turn of the game - only thing left was a blitz by a bull centaur which killed another goblin.

The CAS ratio was about the same as normal for this team: 70% SI or RIP.
Azure

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2007 - 10:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Ask not for Mercy 1 - 1 Once around the (no) Block
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=1641423

Blood! The orcs had a few problems to start the game, they took out their struggles on the goblins (like everyone else has done as well)...the result a dead troll and a dead goblin on turn 5. However, an early TTM stole the ball and gave us the 1-0 lead. The Orcs managed to barely score before half to make it 1-1. In the second half, the goblins fought tooth and nail and continued to take -2d blitzes on the orc ball carriers pushing the ball further and further back. It was 10 to 3 players on the pitch, but the Orcs finally realized they needed to remove *all* the goblins and a few fouls later, it was just a single troll against 10 orcs. However the orcs had been delayed too much and they needed a pass and catch with no RR on T16 to get the win...the pass failed and the game ended in a draw.

The goblins have now dropped below TR 100...and are unlikely to ever rise above that Smile

Thanks for the game...good, bloody and fun!
princevaliant

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2007 - 21:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Bad Idiotic Goblins 1 - 1 Once Around the (no) Block

With 3 trolls the goblins entered the game with optimism for another win. Although they scored on T8 and the Orcs has no troll next half, some lucky dodging away from Ripper meant a Lineorc TD, and then my aggressiveness/foolishness in not getting the ball right away meant I only got 1 chance for the TTM with ripper, which worked perfectly but the scatter was horrible and thus my chances of winning game to an end. Thanks for the game JXaing.
phubar

Post   Posted: May 01, 2007 - 02:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Blockless Boneheads 3 - 2 No Block Skill... Rats!
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=1664762

In the first half, the dice gods clearly favored the Skaven, gifting them with many failed Bone-Head rolls by Ogres, as well as a pair of stolen TDs.

But the Ogre comeback began on the last turn of the first half, with a successful TTM TD to narrow the rats's lead to 2-1. And in the second half, lack of numbers began to catch up to the rats, as the Ogres killed off a pair of Skaven (both nigglers) and went on to easily even up the score. It looked like the game would end in a tie, but a second successful TTM TD on their last turn gave the Ogres the win.

HunterX

Post   Posted: May 01, 2007 - 02:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Love your signature line phubar! ^^

Post   Posted: May 19, 2007 - 09:46 Reply with quote Back to top

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=1689071

Greatest of the No Block Elves 5-1 Halftime Snackers

Looking at the two teams, the result should come as no surprise. What does come as a surprise is the fact that my elves got absolutely stomped (two niggles and a MNG) by the damn flings.

BY FLINGS FOR FLARGS SAKE!

Grumble.

Ah well, our late push to the top of the tourney is comming along nicely.

I'm coming for you Catandy!

"I hear that shadow is a douchebag"
-Mr Foulscumm
 Jump to: