24 coaches online • Server time: 01:22
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post SWL Season CIgoto Post My 1st Blackbox tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What player would you get if you won the GLT?
Dark/High Elf Lineman
14%
 14%  [ 24 ]
Longbeard / Chaos Dwarf Blocker
22%
 22%  [ 37 ]
Beastman
16%
 16%  [ 27 ]
Skink
4%
 4%  [ 7 ]
Elf Thrower
7%
 7%  [ 13 ]
Amazon Catcher
1%
 1%  [ 2 ]
Wood Elf Lineman
1%
 1%  [ 3 ]
Halfling
6%
 6%  [ 11 ]
Human Thrower
0%
 0%  [ 1 ]
Human Catcher
1%
 1%  [ 3 ]
Skaven Thrower
4%
 4%  [ 7 ]
Ghoul
0%
 0%  [ 1 ]
Goblin
3%
 3%  [ 6 ]
Orc Lineman
0%
 0%  [ 1 ]
Norse Catcher
1%
 1%  [ 2 ]
Norse Thrower
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Amazon Thrower
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Zombie
5%
 5%  [ 9 ]
Thro-Ra
1%
 1%  [ 2 ]
Something else
7%
 7%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 168

Ehlers

Post   Posted: May 05, 2009 - 12:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I actually dont feel any of the prizes are that good for a Nurgle Rotter team...
First of all they lack apo, so the player joining the team would without regenerate have to have faith in Nuffle.
DE/HE lineman would be a good choice, so that picking op of the ball and throwing would be safer. They would be prime kill and foul targets.
CDB with av9 and thick skull would survive sometime. But he would get LOS durty over beastmen because he has a better chance of surviving. But everyone would foul him to death, so again sjort lived.
Zombie might be a good choice because he has regenerate. He has a chance of surviving. If picking a zombie he would be developed into a DPer, but to just pick a DP as a prize seems a bit useless compared to what else you could pick for a Nurgle Rotter team.

Input?
PurpleChest

Post   Posted: May 05, 2009 - 14:42
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

I try and avoid these threads as i dont want my opinions confused with any official statements, even though the two are often the same, there are instances where they differ.

Official Stance: I believe the prize to be balanced for all teams, offering options but nothing too gamebreaking. There will be no more beasts of Nurgle given away on my watch.

Opinion on Rotters: For Rotters id have thought a Zombie for the regen might be the choice, but could see value in an elf thrower (handling and throwing, but he'd have to be protected) or a skink (dodgy pace). Let alone the obvious LOS duties of a beard/cdb or the general all round yummyness of a DE/HE. The lack of apoth is an issue for the whole team. You dont play Nurgle if you want an apoth.

Post   Posted: May 05, 2009 - 15:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Extra mummy on a Khemri team - Yack -
Wonder if one dies you will be allowed to buy another 5th mummy?
Hogshine

Post   Posted: May 05, 2009 - 15:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Squaq wrote:
Wonder if one dies you will be allowed to buy another 5th mummy?

Can't get a free one anyway, the player has to be less than 70k.
SillySod

Post   Posted: May 05, 2009 - 15:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Elf thrower if it was my vampires. My norse who are entering will be torn between an dark elf and a beastman. A skaven thrower could be fun too but I dont think it fits my teams.

Squaq wrote:
Wonder if one dies you will be allowed to bye another 5th mummy?

Not an issue since mummies are over 70k.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
Grod

Post   Posted: May 05, 2009 - 15:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I voted Zombie because I thought no one else would pick it. 4 other people already had though...

Oscar Wilde
xcver

Post   Posted: May 05, 2009 - 15:31 Reply with quote Back to top

SillySod wrote:
Elf thrower if it was my vampires. My norse who are entering will be torn between an dark elf and a beastman. A skaven thrower could be fun too but I dont think it fits my teams.

It would come down to Elf thrower or dark elf for me. almost regardless of what race I would play. Elf thrower gives most non-elven teams a good passing option and more reliability in pickups etc.

Post   Posted: May 05, 2009 - 15:53 Reply with quote Back to top

What is the optimal for an undead team?
I voted Dwarf but maybe a thrower/WE is better or human catcher/skink? Also the beastman can be a good blitzer after gaining block, tackle, Claw, RSC, multiple block and PO. Those skills go very well with pro when I think about it.

BA
Doowa

Post   Posted: May 05, 2009 - 16:27 Reply with quote Back to top

WindexChugger wrote:
As I'll be playing as Lizardmen, I won't be taking a stunty. I like the thought of a dwarf, and also a thrower (as lizards can't throw...at all.) A fun thing to get them would be a zombie. Lizards have it tough getting a DP...skills and sauri are too precious to give a saurus DP, and skinks need doubles. AV8, regen, and DP...could keep the prize alive for a while.

EDIT: Another thing to note is the Pro skill. A thrower won't be using pro much (if it's a pick-up, it could be important enough to use a reroll, and they might get sure hands anyways.) A (hehe) zombie won't be using Pro much. Stunties...don't see them pro-ing much (best to have them end their turns safe, especially with the special attention they'll be getting.) Finally, a blocker...very likely to use pro. If you've got pro and you don't show a knockdown, but (per the norm) it's not worth a reroll, use pro. I think if I win (haha) I'll be getting a dwarf.

Good points. I'll be entering lizards as well (as always...) and I'll most likely pick a thrower. A lizard team has the speed to streatch (sp?) the field, but have a hard time getting the ball from endzone to endzone. A thrower/elf would make offense deadly.
The DP note is good thou... a tough dwarf or some similar would be good

Post   Posted: May 05, 2009 - 16:27 Reply with quote Back to top

For my orcs, a longbeard. Anyone who has seen or played against my orcs know they are a lot shorter on Guard than on agility. Any kind of elf would start off in a 3-way tie for 3rd place in AG for me.

The idea of a beastman or skaven thrower is intriguing for the possibility of mutations.

Author of Firehurler (Twinborn Trilogy Book #1), Aethersmith (Book #2), Sourcethief (Book #3)
Zombie69

Post   Posted: May 05, 2009 - 18:58 Reply with quote Back to top

I just thought of a basher team who certainly might want a dwarf over an elf. For ogre teams, the biggest weakness is no access to general skills on the whole team. Mostly, they're missing block, tackle, kick and dirty player (and frenzy on a double). A longbeard starts with 2 of those 4 skills, and can easily get the other 2. Plus, he can survive long enough to be useful for a while, and the bonus pro skill is certainly not wasted on him. Also, mighty blow for him would be a great addition to block and tackle to get rid of blodgers, and you can never have too many guards.

So for me, on ogre teams, a longbeard it is (even though a pro elf thrower would also be nice).
NickNutria

Post   Posted: May 05, 2009 - 19:08 Reply with quote Back to top

hm, i would take a woodie wardancer or treeman on my dwarf-team, if it is possible.
maysrill

Post   Posted: May 05, 2009 - 19:11 Reply with quote Back to top

NickNutria wrote:
hm, i would take a woodie wardancer or treeman on my dwarf-team, if it is possible.

It's 70k or less, which drastically reduces the options available. The poll covers most of the plausible choices.

If it was an 80k cap instead, I imagine gutter runners and BoBs would become popular choices, but alas, 70k.
Chrome_ghoul

Post   Posted: May 05, 2009 - 19:14 Reply with quote Back to top

flyor wrote:
Chrome_ghoul wrote:
It is difficult to say no to a longbeard though.....

eek! lemme guess, you're into facial hair (/bad joke mode off...possibly)

Well, I AM currently sporting a massive beard and a skinhead........

I just wish my moustache would behave itself.
Ehlers

Post   Posted: May 05, 2009 - 21:24 Reply with quote Back to top

PurpleChest wrote:
I try and avoid these threads as i dont want my opinions confused with any official statements, even though the two are often the same, there are instances where they differ.

Official Stance: I believe the prize to be balanced for all teams, offering options but nothing too gamebreaking. There will be no more beasts of Nurgle given away on my watch.

Opinion on Rotters: For Rotters id have thought a Zombie for the regen might be the choice, but could see value in an elf thrower (handling and throwing, but he'd have to be protected) or a skink (dodgy pace). Let alone the obvious LOS duties of a beard/cdb or the general all round yummyness of a DE/HE. The lack of apoth is an issue for the whole team. You dont play Nurgle if you want an apoth.

Well can understand the BoN stand. Have no problem with it at all.
And the no apo? Well I am used not to have one, that is not why I asked my question.
But seemed like we have the same player choice. Just that if I should go and win, I dont want to lose my prize in the next match I play. But guess I will just have to put faith into nuffle and nurgle as I have done until now with Nurgle Rotters Very Happy
 Jump to: