20 coaches online • Server time: 01:24
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post SWL Season CIgoto Post My 1st Blackbox tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Leijonet

Post   Posted: May 18, 2009 - 09:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Old Teams qualifier I Finals

Words (Chaos) vs Sithis revenge (Wood Elf)
-Tuesday 20.00 BBtime. Will the claws of Chaos be enough to stop the lightning-quick elves, or will the leaping, blodging sidesteppers run circles around Words? Only time will tell.

Leijonet -Winging justice since 6/9-08
palandt

Post   Posted: May 18, 2009 - 10:07 Reply with quote Back to top

McVily Decaying Rotten Corpses 186 / 193 vs 207 / 212 Another first try palandt
is scheduled for Tuesday 8.00 p.m. server time. Watch me make it 6 out of 6 on first round losses.
Forrest_Gump

Post   Posted: May 18, 2009 - 10:23 Reply with quote Back to top

oh, looking forward to the leijonet vs shusaku final Smile chaos vs woodies always makes for some comedy games one way or the other Smile
xcver

Post   Posted: May 18, 2009 - 15:20 Reply with quote Back to top

My GZS will square off against Jack's Competitive Eaters on Wednesday 17.30 server time.

Be there if you want to see the destruction of some poor Humans Smile

Post   Posted: May 18, 2009 - 15:25 Reply with quote Back to top

xcver wrote:
My GZS will square off against Jack's Competitive Eaters on Wednesday 17.30 server time.

It's too bad there's a limit to handicaps. You deserve about 8 for this matchup.
xcver

Post   Posted: May 18, 2009 - 15:27 Reply with quote Back to top

hey maybe i will make Astarael's Anti-Picker list with this Razz

Post   Posted: May 18, 2009 - 15:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Dunno.. with Griff and Wiz that should be quite open..
RC

Post   Posted: May 18, 2009 - 15:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Iron man Griff ftw! Smile

Post   Posted: May 18, 2009 - 15:51 Reply with quote Back to top

was thinking about the count instead of griff maybe

Post   Posted: May 18, 2009 - 16:45 Reply with quote Back to top

The count can be caught be dwarves. MA8 with sprint/surefeet probably not. The count is brilliant in grinding situations, as his low speed isn`t a handicap. You don`t want to grind against the eaters. Griff is better for humans, when they have to stress their speed, because their grinding can`t possibly work.
SillySod

Post   Posted: May 18, 2009 - 17:13 Reply with quote Back to top

CircularLogic wrote:
You don`t want to grind against the eaters.

Odds are that the Eaters want to grind against you though. Its probably hard to stop them from choosing that option Wink

I'd probably go for the count + wizard. Hypnogaze or St5 can really help that wizard bust the cage, plus the extra strength might be needed to escape the clutches of Ronald Mcdonald. The extra speed of Griff isnt really needed against dwarfs... if you really do find yourself needing speed you have a fair few Ma7-8 players anyway.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
maysrill

Post   Posted: May 18, 2009 - 17:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Gaze also takes away the Beast's tackle zone to turn the tents off.

Author of Firehurler (Twinborn Trilogy Book #1), Aethersmith (Book #2), Sourcethief (Book #3)
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: May 18, 2009 - 17:37 Reply with quote Back to top

maysrill wrote:
Gaze also takes away the Beast's tackle zone to turn the tents off.

That is a fair point that I`ll have to conceed. My experience stems more from playing against orcs, where I found griff more helpful than the count.
Grod

Post   Posted: May 18, 2009 - 18:09 Reply with quote Back to top

maysrill wrote:
xcver wrote:

It's too bad there's a limit to handicaps. You deserve about 8 for this matchup.

Sweet! In my eyes, you are already a winner if you manage to kill one of his players...

Also, rules clarification: Can a Dwarf team with a Beast of Nurgle get free rotters?

Oscar Wilde
Apojar

Post   Posted: May 18, 2009 - 18:31 Reply with quote Back to top

The first round surprise of the tournament, the Medford Maulers, will be taking on their round two opponents, Clockbob's Green Orcs and Ham II on Tuesday at 5:30 EST (23:30 BB time).
 Jump to: