53 coaches online • Server time: 16:00
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Making Assassins mor...goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post Meat Grinder Season ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
p4m

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2009 - 13:42 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:

Don’t expect much out of this sorry crew of Skaven at this moment.

har! 10 rats atm!!!!! we will come back ... and with gobopower + extra winnings i'll buy freebooters all the way!!
fly

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2009 - 14:30 Reply with quote Back to top

thanks to all who put in effort in the writeups, it's just very nice.

PainState

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2009 - 23:22 Reply with quote Back to top

**Second Instalment from Milford** Iam slowly filling in the holes and making it complete, I have a feeling that I bit off a little to much. But dont worry I will finish this for all to enjoy.

Milford Dubblebags reporting from Altdorf and the start of the main draw for the GLT V, sponsored by TNT and the Fumbbl competition committee. And of course the Fumbbl title sponsor for all Ranked majors, BUGMANS XXXXXXXX: the beer of Blood Bowl Champions. Also check out your local listings from your local wizard’s guild for broadcasts of all the main draw action on NBC and CBS.

Well it was a hard fought qualifier period with a lot of teams leaving the tournament with bitter disappointment and revenge on the mind for the future. Some upstart teams rose to the top and claimed the qualifiers and of course some of the top coaches bashed their way through and earned their spots in the main draw.

This years GLT main draw will take place in Altdorf the crown jewel of the Empire. The capital is already filling up with fans from across the old world in anticipation of this year’s competition. All the inns, burrows and taverns are already filling to capacity, So if you are going to show up to see the action in person be sure to secure your lodging now, Otherwise you will be sleeping in the streets or down by the wharf. The Imperial Court of Altdorf is sponsoring an opening day ceremony for the who’s who of Fumbbl and of course its invite only so those invites will be highly sought. The competition committee has set up a running party in the row of 100 taverns that will run the entire length of the tournament for all the fans to enjoy. Every night there will be special appearances from local musicians and traveling circus acts for every one to enjoy, FREE OF CHARGE. Also: a new feature that Purple Chest has put together to enhance the Fumbbl experience at the majors is the Fumbbl Gals. A traveling band of the most beautiful women to ever grace a Blood Bowl pitch, but they got talent also; they are made up of the best cheerleaders from all over the Old World. They will be out and about Altdorf handing out promotional stuff and also giving signed posters of the girls in action. So don’t miss out on giving the Fumbbl gals a glance or two. Also some of the more well off teams will be sponsoring their own parties for their fans, so check out your favorite team and contact them for place and time of those special festivals.

Now to the teams that will be taking the grid iron in this year GLT V.

This year qualifiers were changed up, with much fan fare, and in the end the new format was well received and a lot of coaches and fans really liked the new format.

We had the Old teams, Forlorn, High CR and High TR qualifiers. Let’s break these down for all the fans that are just now catching up with the results from the qualifiers and break the winners down and their chances to win the GLT and be crowned the champion.

Old Teams Qualifier

Words Chaos 291/255 Coach: Leijonet CR 182.3
265 Games 156/52/57
4th main draw appearance, 4 Smack Titles and 1 Speed Freak Title.

Words storms into the GLT main draw ready to wreck some teams and challenge for the title. They are a well rounded Chaos team with no holes and very balanced. The team is guided by 2 beastmen that will plant you into the pitch and take some heads. Hart and Fastidious need to be on their game if Words is going to advance. Can Words lead the Unholy Trinity to their first Majors victory?

Words has a good shot in the GLT but in the end Chaos always seems to come up just a little short in Majors. Let’s see if they can buck the trend and take the title.

Word advanced to the main draw by beating:
Sith Revenge in the final 2-1
Doomy Diggers 2-1
Placated Lust 4-0 in the opening round.

Fleet Foot’s Revenge Orc 295/247 Coach: Malmir CR 165.52
165 Games 73/41/51
2nd Main Draw appearance and 3 Smack Titles

Fleet Foot is a powerful Orc team that will bring the “thunder” and really muscle up on the LOS. The LOS is anchored by two stellar BoB’s, Gary Walker and Karl Saunter. If those two get rolling down hill they will put some serious hurt on anyone standing in their way. Fleet Foot is a well balanced team that has a good shot at making some waves in the main draw. Look for the Revenge to be a favorite once the draw is made. Can the Revenge overcome some of the stellar Elf teams that they will likely encounter?

Fleet Foot’s Revenge advanced to the main draw by beating:
Athel Loren Guardians 1-0 in the finals
Way of the Fist 2-1
Odin’s Einheriar 2-0 in the opening round.

Flachpfeifens 4th Try Skaven 180/170 Coach: p4m CR173.06
539 games 321/93/125
2nd main draw appearance, 2 XFL titles, 2 Speed Freaks Titles and 12 Smack Titles.

Well here come the Ratz!!! Kind of of. Flach goes into the lull between the main draw beat to crap and looking for some serious recovery. If that does not happen then the Skaven will be routed in the first round and sent packing. The team is desperate at this moment to get some players up and running and the core of the team is gutted at the moment. Can the Gutter Runners keep them in the game and challenge that first round opponeet? We will just have to wait and see how the recovery came along. It is very possible that they could be done before it ever starts.

Flachpefieifens advanced to the main draw by beating
Ratzinger Todezfeinde 3-2 in the finals
Vcologne 2-1
Ancient Horned Ones 1-0 in the opening round.

Evolution of Undead Pixels Undead 214/193 Coach: Habeli CR 166.39
211 games 59/48/107
1st Ever main Draw appearance

Evolution finally breaks through and advances to the main draw. The Pixels look to carry the day on the back of the Count and hopefully get by the opening rounds. They earned some hard fought victories to battle their way through the finals. Unfortunately on paper it looks like the Evolution will probably get taken out early BUT it is a fine achievement for this team. Especially since they were voted the #4 ranked team in terms of popularity in the Hurt/Heal poll last year. If the Evolution are going to make a run they need the Count to be on his game and have Mummium their star mummy be able to carry the team on their backs.

Don’t expect much resistance from the Evolution as they should be “bumped” early in the draw. BUT hey we might get to see first hand an evolving new specimen.

Evolution advanced to the main draw by beating:
Popes of Mope 2-1 in the final
Sleeper in Metropolis 2-0
Blood Sea Buccaneers 2-0 in the opening round.

Cr Qualifier

Darkhill Miners Dwarf 226/230 43 games 33/6/4

Coach: Nachtogen 171.62 2nd Main Draw , 7 SMACK titles, 1 Speed Freaks Title and 1 Stunty Title.

The Miners are a well balanced team in terms of SPP across the board. But on paper they lack “pop” and no team will be afraid of these dwarfs. The nice thing is they will be one of lowest TR teams in the draw so they should be getting a fair number of handicaps to help them on their way. They only have 1 player over 51SPP, Drizzt a troll slayer who is turning into one nice player. But will he be enough if the Miners get a bad draw for the opening game?

The Miners might have enough going for them to get past the opening round but I don’t see them going much farther than that.

Darkhill Miners advanced to the main draw by beating:

Azure Frenzy High Elves 277/237 34 games: 24/6/4

Coach: Azure 182.59 2nd Main Draw, 9 SMACK titles, 1 Royal Rookie and 1 Tour Title.

The frenzy storm into the Main Draw with a really nice team in terms of SPP and their skill positions are really nice. The Lineman core is lacking in terms of skills but a few of them have some nice stat upgrades, so it’s an either or type of discussion. The team is lead by two stellar lion warriors in Green Eggs and Ham and Cat in the Hat. If these two guys get the passing game going and can get deep into the other half and get some stall turns in the Frenzy will be a tough team to handle. I think the frenzy are going to have to rely on coaching to make a deep run and get a good draw that opening round.
Do these guys have what it takes if they run across some of the stout bashers in the draw?

Azure Frenzy advanced to the main draw by beating:

Competitive Eaters Dwarf 383/287 101 games: 74/7/20

Coach: Jack Daniels 184.24 7th Main Draw, 2 Major’s Titles, 17 SMACK titles, 1XFL, 3 Stunty, 1 Speed Freaks and 1 LBT.

Once again the Eaters bash their way into another main draw and will be a tough out for any team that runs’s across them. The eaters are one of the toughest, mean S.O.B’s in the Fumbbl leagues and they will be one of the front runners to take it all. Lead by Eric Booker and Eric the red Denmark, these two long beards man the LOS and help clear the pitch. Also the Beast and Temple Guard really make this a tough team to take down. But the Eaters give up 5 handicaps almost every game causes them to have problems when they start to face the top end teams. Giving up all those handicaps really can turn a game and make it a serious up hill climb for the Eaters.
Can the Eaters finally break through and take another title or are they living on “rep” from their Major’s run over a year and a half ago? Yes it’s been that long since these guys have won a title.

Competitive Eaters advanced to the main draw by beating:

Ultimate Mr. Men Dark Elf 268/231 83 games: 57/14/12

Coach: PeteW 181.13 9th Main Draw, 3 Majors titles, 7 SMACK titles, 1 Royal Rumble, 1 XFL and 2 Speed Freaks.

Well the Mr. Men make the main draw and are looking to take another title this season. They had no problems until they started to play some “prep” matches and took on some CAS before the main draw. The Mr. Men will be one of the favorites and the team is one of the top Dark Elves around. Well balanced and skilled up and lead by one of top coaches will make they extremely difficult to knock out. Mr. Crash a star player Blitzer with an evil disposition and a really big hand will once again anchor the team and lead them to victory, supported by Mr. Toonie his wing man. Well the team and coach have no questions about them, the real question is this: Can PeteW continue to astound us by his incredible luck when it comes to taking CAS in a main draw, this guy never gets the hurt put on him so he never has to scramble for the next round with a beat up team? My advice Pete: STOP PLAYING PREP MATCHES.

Ultimate Mr. Men advanced to the main draw by beating:

Well lets take a inside look at some of the stats from the qualifiers. We have Coach Paul “Brute” Hicksey to help us break down some of these numbers and give us some insider’s perspective on what they mean. Coach Hicksey is the former head coach of the Blood Sea Buccaneers who guided them to the Lustrian main draw last year, take it away coach.

Thanks Milford you dweeb, lets take a look at some of these stats. You know I’m a big believer in the Blood side of Blood Bowl. When we start to break these teams down a few stats will start to jump out. 1st in order to truly compete I always look at the block stats. The foundation for all teams is the number of blocks you are throwing. Total blocks are not as important as the ratio between yourself and your opponent. You will be hard pressed to find a successful team that is consistently out blocked by its opponent.

The 2nd area is the CAS count. Now this stat line is always fun because lets all admit it, we love seeing a truly bloody post match report with all the CAS scrolling down the screen. BUT CAS by themselves is not the be all end all. KO’s and Stuns are not on the stat sheet and are just as important, especially for the elf ballers. A few well timed KO’s or stuns can be just as devastating for an opponent facing elf ballers. But I will give the fans what they want and let’s break down who are the top maulers in the main draw.

The 3rd area we will look at is the Luck ratio. I have to admit I have no idea how it’s calculated or if it really is an indicator of anything. Numerous times I have been sitting in the dug out and look up at the score board and see that damn luck meter and wonder what the hell its doing? It makes no sense. BUT I do know one thing about the luck meter. At the end of the day the team that wins consistently almost always has a higher luck ratio that the loser. It’s also a good reflection of how well a team blocks, my 1st principal of blood bowl. So I do think the stat has some meaning and we will break those down. So let’s go ahead and check out these stats that some troll put together and see if we can make some sense out of them in order to break down the real teams from the poser’s.

The final area we will look at are the foul stats. Fouling is one of foundations for a good blood bowl team. Once again its not the volume that counts but the quality of well placed kill shots. Also a team with good ratio on fouls shows us that the team is also really good at blocking. You can’t foul what you cant knock down.

All the average stats are for the qualifier period only:

Block Ratios
Words: 51.3 to 31.3 avg. +20 ratio!! Stout.
Fleet Foot Revenge: 29-21 avg. putrid for a Orc team, but they did face 3 elf teams in the qualifiers.
Flachpfeifens 4th Try: 42.3-43 basically even on the ratio and the CAS count shows why that’s bad for skaven.
Evolution of Undead Pixels: 39-37.3 another ratio that is balanced, need to look at other stats to form an opinion on this team.
Darkhill Miners: 63.5-58 well these dwarfs know how to bash, I will give them that. Although their opponents gave back almost as good as they got.
Azure Frenzy: 47-46 well I will give these High Elves their props. They know how to lay down a lot of blocks in a game and seem to lean more to the bash side than the ball side.
Competitive Eaters: 73.3-47.6 WOW!!!! Well here is the real reason that the Eaters are so good. They really lay the lumber on teams and give them no chance to respond. Its really hard to block when you are on your ass.
Ultimate Mr. Men: 40.6-36.3 Well another elf team that knows how to lay down some blocks. It seems that the elves that have advanced seem to know how to get in their licks and not rely on the dodge to advance the ball.

CAS Ratio’s
Words: 17-4 WOW!! Not only do they lay down the blocks they know how to rack up the CAS. They lost a 29 SPP troll.
Fleet Foot Revenge: 17-3 DOUBLE WOW!!! Considering their low block ratio they made every block count, plus elf armor, Bah! what ever. They took 0 CAS in qualifier.
Flachpfieifens 4th Try: 11-17 This is what happens when your opponent gets in 43 avg. blocks on av7. Lost 5 Players totaling 79 SPP
Evolution of Undead Pixels: 11-7 Once again this team baffles me as I cant put a finger on how they did it. They took 0 CAS in qualifier and evolved no new life forms.
Darkhill Miners: 8-2 well they know how to lay a boot on some head’s, another team that is not jumping off the stat sheet. They lost an 8SPP long beard in qualifier.
Azure Frenzy: 5-9 I suspect this is a classic elf example of how they threw down a lot of blocks but got a lot more KO’s and Stuns than the nice snapping of bones sound wave. They lost a 33SPP lineman.
Ultimate Mr. Men: 8-7 Another example of how elves can throw down some blocks but their lack of MB hinders them in this stat category. They took NO CAS in qualifier.
Competitive Eaters: 14-7 AMAZING!!! For futility! Considering their enormous block ratio and foul ratio they really disappoint when it comes to crushing some skulls in the qualifier. They lost a 161 SPP long beard in qualifier, healing scroll finally coming out?

Luck Ratio
Words 68-50.3 well when you are blocking and causing CAS on top, not much your opponent can do.
Fleet Foot Revenge 66.3-52.66 did the elves fall flat on their faces?
Flach, for short, 61.3-57.3 well when you basically have parity and are getting planted into the turf this seems to be normal. Just a average ratio of luck.
Evolution of Undead Pixels65.6-54.3 AH!!! Here is the stat I was looking for. Not that the Pixels “lucked” out in getting to the draw, but it never hurts to be lucky. Ok no more PC stuff,.they are a bunch of Lucker’s and never should have made it past the first round! But were they truly lucky? I know first hand that a KIA was negated by regeneration and stopped an evolving new life form.
Darkhill Miners 59-53.5 I am starting to think these guys made it this far because they only had to play 2 games in qualifier.
Azure Frenzy 55.6-60 WOW they bucked the trend and got out lucked in the qualifier. I don’t want to hear all that clap trap about “Coaching”, they got lucky because they advanced with out having to be lucky on the stat sheet.
Competitive Eaters 59.3-53.6 who needs to be lucky when you throw down so many blocks and plant your opponent into the turf.
Ultimate Mr. Men 61-55.3 Well the king of Lucker’s does not disappoint and comes in with a very juicy +60 luck. Plus coupled with not taking any CAS at all in the qualifier will always guide you to major’s glory!

FOUL RATIO
Word 9-6 who needs to foul when you can just block your way to glory?
Fleet Foot Revenge 21-2 well when you don’t throw that many blocks just fall back on the time honored golden boot to the head.
Flach 10-11 Get out blocked, out Lucked and out CAS it is never a good thing when they also lay the boot more than you do. How did Flach advance again? I am lost.
Evolution of Undead Pixels9-4 well it always helps when you don’t get fouled back into the grave.
Dark Hill Miners5-3 Are the Miners a honorable Dwarf team and don’t believe in the boot? HERESEY!
Azure Frenzy 10-13 well they once again astound by taking more than they gave. The Foul CAS must have been generous for them.
Competitive Eaters 16-11 Well this is not shock. Not only do they throw a ton of blocks they then maul you when you are on the ground. Man these guys are just “low down”
Ultimate Mr. Men 14-6 Another coach with the Rep for using that damn foul button. Once again he does not disappoint as they gang foul anything with a pulse.

Well this is the second installment! The other two qualifiers will be showing up soon with the final estimates for the teams and their chances from coach Paul “Brute” Hicksey. So stay tuned for the final installment of the main draw report and yes I will have all the important links and final fleshing out of Milford’s article.
Alf115

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2009 - 23:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the post, very interesting and detailed.
Mr_Foulscumm

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2009 - 23:44 Reply with quote Back to top

p4m wrote:

PeteW
A well known and (at least imho) a very good coach, some call him being a lucker, but you have to force your luck to be successful. He won UI2, FC5 and WO 4, won a lot of qualifers for other majors, current CR-standing is #9, overall win ratio is 68%.

Funny when I look at his win ratings I see 0% wins... oh sorry, my bad, that's just against me Very Happy

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2009 - 18:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Milford Dubblebags reporting from Altdorf and the start of the main draw for the GLT V, sponsored by TNT and the Fumbbl competition committee. And of course the Fumbbl title sponsor for all Ranked majors, BUGMANS XXXXXXXX: the beer of Blood Bowl Champions. Also check out your local listings from your local wizard’s guild for broadcasts of all the main draw action on NBC and CBS.

Well it was a hard fought qualifier period with a lot of teams leaving the tournament with bitter disappointment and revenge on the mind for the future. Some upstart teams rose to the top and claimed the qualifiers and of course some of the top coaches bashed their way through and earned their spots in the main draw.

This years GLT main draw will take place in Altdorf the crown jewel of the Empire. The capital is already filling up with fans from across the old world in anticipation of this year’s competition. All the inns, burrows and taverns are already filling to capacity, So if you are going to show up to see the action in person be sure to secure your lodging now, Otherwise you will be sleeping in the streets or down by the wharf. The Imperial Court of Altdorf is sponsoring an opening day ceremony for the who’s who of Fumbbl and of course its invite only so those invites will be highly sought. The competition committee has set up a running party in the row of 100 taverns that will run the entire length of the tournament for all the fans to enjoy. Every night there will be special appearances from local musicians and traveling circus acts for every one to enjoy, FREE OF CHARGE. Also: a new feature that Purple Chest has put together to enhance the Fumbbl experience at the majors is the Fumbbl Gals. A traveling band of the most beautiful women to ever grace a Blood Bowl pitch, but they got talent also; they are made up of the best cheerleaders from all over the Old World. They will be out and about Altdorf handing out promotional stuff and also giving signed posters of the girls in action. So don’t miss out on giving the Fumbbl gals a glance or two. Also some of the more well off teams will be sponsoring their own parties for their fans, so check out your favorite team and contact them for place and time of those special festivals.

Now to the teams that will be taking the grid iron in this year GLT V.

This year qualifiers were changed up, with much fan fare, and in the end the new format was well received and a lot of coaches and fans really liked the new format.

We had the Old teams, Forlorn, High CR and High TR qualifiers. Let’s break these down for all the fans that are just now catching up with the results from the qualifiers and break the winners down and their chances to win the GLT and be crowned the champion.

Old Teams Qualifier

Words Chaos 291/255 Coach: Leijonet CR 182.3
265 Games 156/52/57
4th main draw appearance, 4 Smack Titles and 1 Speed Freak Title.

Words storms into the GLT main draw ready to wreck some teams and challenge for the title. They are a well rounded Chaos team with no holes and very balanced. The team is guided by 2 beastmen that will plant you into the pitch and take some heads. Hart and Fastidious need to be on their game if Words is going to advance. Can Words lead the Unholy Trinity to their first Majors victory?

Words has a good shot in the GLT but in the end Chaos always seems to come up just a little short in Majors. Let’s see if they can buck the trend and take the title.

Word advanced to the main draw by beating:
Sith Revenge in the final 2-1
Doomy Diggers 2-1
Placated Lust 4-0 in the opening round.

Fleet Foot’s Revenge Orc 295/247 Coach: Malmir CR 165.52
165 Games 73/41/51
2nd Main Draw appearance and 3 Smack Titles

Fleet Foot is a powerful Orc team that will bring the “thunder” and really muscle up on the LOS. The LOS is anchored by two stellar BoB’s, Gary Walker and Karl Saunter. If those two get rolling down hill they will put some serious hurt on anyone standing in their way. Fleet Foot is a well balanced team that has a good shot at making some waves in the main draw. Look for the Revenge to be a favorite once the draw is made. Can the Revenge overcome some of the stellar Elf teams that they will likely encounter?

Fleet Foot’s Revenge advanced to the main draw by beating:
Athel Loren Guardians 1-0 in the finals
Way of the Fist 2-1
Odin’s Einheriar 2-0 in the opening round.

Flachpfeifens 4th Try Skaven 180/170 Coach: p4m CR173.06
539 games 321/93/125
2nd main draw appearance, 2 XFL titles, 2 Speed Freaks Titles and 12 Smack Titles.

Well here come the Ratz!!! Kind of of. Flach goes into the lull between the main draw beat to crap and looking for some serious recovery. If that does not happen then the Skaven will be routed in the first round and sent packing. The team is desperate at this moment to get some players up and running and the core of the team is gutted at the moment. Can the Gutter Runners keep them in the game and challenge that first round opponeet? We will just have to wait and see how the recovery came along. It is very possible that they could be done before it ever starts.

Flachpefieifens advanced to the main draw by beating
Ratzinger Todezfeinde 3-2 in the finals
Vcologne 2-1
Ancient Horned Ones 1-0 in the opening round.

Evolution of Undead Pixels Undead 214/193 Coach: Habeli CR 166.39
211 games 59/48/107
1st Ever main Draw appearance

Evolution finally breaks through and advances to the main draw. The Pixels look to carry the day on the back of the Count and hopefully get by the opening rounds. They earned some hard fought victories to battle their way through the finals. Unfortunately on paper it looks like the Evolution will probably get taken out early BUT it is a fine achievement for this team. Especially since they were voted the #4 ranked team in terms of popularity in the Hurt/Heal poll last year. If the Evolution are going to make a run they need the Count to be on his game and have Mummium their star mummy be able to carry the team on their backs.

Don’t expect much resistance from the Evolution as they should be “bumped” early in the draw. BUT hey we might get to see first hand an evolving new specimen.

Evolution advanced to the main draw by beating:
Popes of Mope 2-1 in the final
Sleeper in Metropolis 2-0
Blood Sea Buccaneers 2-0 in the opening round.

Cr Qualifier

Darkhill Miners Dwarf 226/230 43 games 33/6/4

Coach: Nachtogen 171.62 2nd Main Draw , 7 SMACK titles, 1 Speed Freaks Title and 1 Stunty Title.

The Miners are a well balanced team in terms of SPP across the board. But on paper they lack “pop” and no team will be afraid of these dwarfs. The nice thing is they will be one of lowest TR teams in the draw so they should be getting a fair number of handicaps to help them on their way. They only have 1 player over 51SPP, Drizzt a troll slayer who is turning into one nice player. But will he be enough if the Miners get a bad draw for the opening game?

The Miners might have enough going for them to get past the opening round but I don’t see them going much farther than that.

Darkhill Miners advanced to the main draw by beating:

Azure Frenzy High Elves 277/237 34 games: 24/6/4

Coach: Azure 182.59 2nd Main Draw, 9 SMACK titles, 1 Royal Rookie and 1 Tour Title.

The frenzy storm into the Main Draw with a really nice team in terms of SPP and their skill positions are really nice. The Lineman core is lacking in terms of skills but a few of them have some nice stat upgrades, so it’s an either or type of discussion. The team is lead by two stellar lion warriors in Green Eggs and Ham and Cat in the Hat. If these two guys get the passing game going and can get deep into the other half and get some stall turns in the Frenzy will be a tough team to handle. I think the frenzy are going to have to rely on coaching to make a deep run and get a good draw that opening round.
Do these guys have what it takes if they run across some of the stout bashers in the draw?

Azure Frenzy advanced to the main draw by beating:

Competitive Eaters Dwarf 383/287 101 games: 74/7/20

Coach: Jack Daniels 184.24 7th Main Draw, 2 Major’s Titles, 17 SMACK titles, 1XFL, 3 Stunty, 1 Speed Freaks and 1 LBT.

Once again the Eaters bash their way into another main draw and will be a tough out for any team that runs’s across them. The eaters are one of the toughest, mean S.O.B’s in the Fumbbl leagues and they will be one of the front runners to take it all. Lead by Eric Booker and Eric the red Denmark, these two long beards man the LOS and help clear the pitch. Also the Beast and Temple Guard really make this a tough team to take down. But the Eaters give up 5 handicaps almost every game causes them to have problems when they start to face the top end teams. Giving up all those handicaps really can turn a game and make it a serious up hill climb for the Eaters.
Can the Eaters finally break through and take another title or are they living on “rep” from their Major’s run over a year and a half ago? Yes it’s been that long since these guys have won a title.

Competitive Eaters advanced to the main draw by beating:

Ultimate Mr. Men Dark Elf 268/231 83 games: 57/14/12

Coach: PeteW 181.13 9th Main Draw, 3 Majors titles, 7 SMACK titles, 1 Royal Rumble, 1 XFL and 2 Speed Freaks.

Well the Mr. Men make the main draw and are looking to take another title this season. They had no problems until they started to play some “prep” matches and took on some CAS before the main draw. The Mr. Men will be one of the favorites and the team is one of the top Dark Elves around. Well balanced and skilled up and lead by one of top coaches will make they extremely difficult to knock out. Mr. Crash a star player Blitzer with an evil disposition and a really big hand will once again anchor the team and lead them to victory, supported by Mr. Toonie his wing man. Well the team and coach have no questions about them, the real question is this: Can PeteW continue to astound us by his incredible luck when it comes to taking CAS in a main draw, this guy never gets the hurt put on him so he never has to scramble for the next round with a beat up team? My advice Pete: STOP PLAYING PREP MATCHES.

Ultimate Mr. Men advanced to the main draw by beating:

TR Qualifier

Burn the Witch Dark Elf 302/270
Coach: Sick Roy 173.2 2nd Major appearance, 2 SMACK Titles and 1 Speed Freak.

Another Dark Elf team that makes it through to the main draw. The witch’s have some really nice stat upgrades and have a excellent balance of SPP distribution. They should be able to give any team a run for their money in the draw and have an outside shot at being one of the contenders. The team is lead by Sand Witch and Lady Mama, both these players can break open a game at any moment. Any one playing the witches need to account for these two stellar players.

I think Burn the Witch has enough firepower to make a good run in the draw, we will just have to wait and see how it how plays out once the brackets are set.

Burn the Witch advanced to the main draw by beating:
Medford Maulers in the finals
I Verd, I Bruttei, e I Cattiu (anybody who has a team name in Latin should expect the name to get butchered)
Uberweiss Pitch Cleaners
Slow Buttough in the opening match.

Saturday Morning TV Dwarf 250/245 66games:25/15/26
Coach:stanRichardson 161.08 1St major appearance and 3 SMACK titles

The Morning TV Squad blew their way into the draw by planting all the opposition into the pitch and taking names and numbers. I’m really high on this stout group of dwarfs, they remind me of the Eaters before they took on a TR bloat. They got MB and Guard coming out the butt and they are very balanced. They will be a very tough out in the draw and because they are not TR bloated they will probably be getting 1 or 2 Handicap’s each game. This crew is my dark horse to take the title. The thing that will hold them back will be can coach stanRichardson guide his team past some of the toughest coaching he has faced in a long time, his tournament history is not stellar and will the big stage give him pause?

Saturday Morning TV blew up these teams to advance:
Please don’t hurt us 2 bad in the finals
Noldor Knights
Evul Thingz
Matez0rs

CS Riot Squad Undead 61games: 33/14/14
Coach: Klas 173.07 1st major appearance

Well the Riot Squad is not impressive at all I must say. They did what they had to do to win their qualifier but now that they step up in class they will just get rolled. The team has a bunch of holes and on paper they are one of the weakest teams in the draw. They do have cash so we will see the count but he will not be enough to stem the tide. Morning Star is the player on the Riot Squad to watch out for. He is one rough and tumble Mummy that will pimp slap you down.
I will give Klas his due, he managed to get to his first every main draw and that is worthy of praise but it will be short lived.

CS Riot Squad beat these teams to advance:
German War firms in the finals
Lolths Pawns
Big Hats FTW
Surgeon Snappers

Forlorn Races Qualifier

Heart Breakers and Life Takers Human 244/232 39games: 17/9/13
Coach: RC 1st major appearance and 3 SMACKS

Well the marines have landed in the draw and look to punch their way to the finals. They are just a average human team that will not impress any one on paper. But they have leather necks and strong blocking to equalize things a little. They will give it their best but it will probably not be enough. Don’t expect this crew to lay down and they will give it their all or die on the pitch trying. SRG. John Styrker and Animal Mother anchor the blitzer core and they will attempt to dismantle anyone standing in their way.

Heart Breakers beat these teams to advance:
Monkey Island Swash Bucklers in the finals
Death of Capitalism (Obama’s economic recovery team: sorry could not help adding to the team title name}
Last of the True Believers
Dead Thinkers

Spreading Jan Far and Wide Norse 212/220 33games: 24/2/7
Coach: Silly Sod 180.45 2nd Major Appearance, 10 SMACK Titles and 1 Speed Freaks

Well here comes a solid crew of Norse into the draw. They have a mean disposition and death does not even phase them. When ever looking at Norse you just have that sinking feeling that AV7 will not hold up. If these guys can get past the first round that would be a successful draw for them, their standard of winning and losing is the CAS count not that dang score board thingy up there. They do have some nice stat upgrades on the team and might just be able to make some waves if they can get the CAS count going. Can Jan that Receives carry the team on his back and get some scores?

Spreading Jan beat these teams to advance:
Never done this Before in the finals
Specks
Anqularity
Triggy Belters

Hominis Human 297/254 116 games: 74/17/25
Coach: Britnoth 178.7 2nd Majors Appearance, 2 SEXY titles, 4 Stunty and 1 XFL.

Of the Human teams in the draw this is the one that might have a shot to shock the Fumbbl world and take the title. They have excellent skill position players and the team is well rounded, they also have no perms that will hinder them. If Britnoth can keep his team playing at a high level they just might have a shot. We will have to wait and see how the brackets set up before we get our hopes up to high. The team is lead by two stellar blitzers in Nysinia and Shyecia, these two blitzers can clear the way for some catcher to make a sprint for paydirt.

Hominis beat these teams to advance:
Trash Heap Layds in the finals
Scarlet Griffins
Axloti Aquanaunts
Wissenland Patriots

Well lets take a inside look at some of the stats from the qualifiers. We have Coach Paul “Brute” Hicksey to help us break down some of these numbers and give us some insider’s perspective on what they mean. Coach Hicksey is the former head coach of the Blood Sea Buccaneers who guided them to the Lustrian main draw last year, take it away coach.

Thanks Milford you dweeb, lets take a look at some of these stats. You know I’m a big believer in the Blood side of Blood Bowl. When we start to break these teams down a few stats will start to jump out. 1st in order to truly compete I always look at the block stats. The foundation for all teams is the number of blocks you are throwing. Total blocks are not as important as the ratio between yourself and your opponent. You will be hard pressed to find a successful team that is consistently out blocked by its opponent.

The 2nd area is the CAS count. Now this stat line is always fun because lets all admit it, we love seeing a truly bloody post match report with all the CAS scrolling down the screen. BUT CAS by themselves is not the be all end all. KO’s and Stuns are not on the stat sheet and are just as important, especially for the elf ballers. A few well timed KO’s or stuns can be just as devastating for an opponent facing elf ballers. But I will give the fans what they want and let’s break down who are the top maulers in the main draw.

The 3rd area we will look at is the Luck ratio. I have to admit I have no idea how it’s calculated or if it really is an indicator of anything. Numerous times I have been sitting in the dug out and look up at the score board and see that damn luck meter and wonder what the hell its doing? It makes no sense. BUT I do know one thing about the luck meter. At the end of the day the team that wins consistently almost always has a higher luck ratio that the loser. It’s also a good reflection of how well a team blocks, my 1st principal of blood bowl. So I do think the stat has some meaning and we will break those down. So let’s go ahead and check out these stats that some troll put together and see if we can make some sense out of them in order to break down the real teams from the poser’s.

The final area we will look at are the foul stats. Fouling is one of foundations for a good blood bowl team. Once again its not the volume that counts but the quality of well placed kill shots. Also a team with good ratio on fouls shows us that the team is also really good at blocking. You can’t foul what you cant knock down.

All the average stats are for the qualifier period only:

Block Ratios
Words: 51.3 to 31.3 avg. +20 ratio!! Stout.
Fleet Foot Revenge: 29-21 avg. putrid for a Orc team, but they did face 3 elf teams in the qualifiers.
Flachpfeifens 4th Try: 42.3-43 basically even on the ratio and the CAS count shows why that’s bad for skaven.
Evolution of Undead Pixels: 39-37.3 another ratio that is balanced, need to look at other stats to form an opinion on this team.
Darkhill Miners: 63.5-58 well these dwarfs know how to bash, I will give them that. Although their opponents gave back almost as good as they got.
Azure Frenzy: 47-46 well I will give these High Elves their props. They know how to lay down a lot of blocks in a game and seem to lean more to the bash side than the ball side.
Competitive Eaters: 73.3-47.6 WOW!!!! Well here is the real reason that the Eaters are so good. They really lay the lumber on teams and give them no chance to respond. Its really hard to block when you are on your ass.
Ultimate Mr. Men: 40.6-36.3 Well another elf team that knows how to lay down some blocks. It seems that the elves that have advanced seem to know how to get in their licks and not rely on the dodge to advance the ball.
{b]Burn the Witch[/b]:51.75-45.25 another Dark Elf team that knows how to lay down some blocks. It is tough to compete against dark elves when they are also out blocking you.
Saturday Morning TV 63-56.5 These guys can really throw down some blocks, they had 109 blocks in one game that went into OT in the qualifier.
CS Riot Squad 62-46.75 They really laid down a wall of blocks during the qualifiers and the zombies actually helped out in this department. Zombies that can block?, performance enhancing embalming fluid anyone?
Heart Breakers 46.5-34 They just took it to their opponents
Spreading Jan Far and Wide 56.25-29 WOW!! They really took it to someone
Hominis 48.75-38.25 a very nice ratio that will always make life easier.

CAS Ratio’s
Words: 17-4 WOW!! Not only do they lay down the blocks they know how to rack up the CAS. They lost a 29 SPP troll.
Fleet Foot Revenge: 17-3 DOUBLE WOW!!! Considering their low block ratio they made every block count, plus elf armor, Bah! what ever. They took 0 CAS in qualifier.
Flachpfieifens 4th Try: 11-17 This is what happens when your opponent gets in 43 avg. blocks on av7. Lost 5 Players totaling 79 SPP
Evolution of Undead Pixels: 11-7 Once again this team baffles me as I cant put a finger on how they did it. They took 0 CAS in qualifier and evolved no new life forms.
Darkhill Miners: 8-2 well they know how to lay a boot on some head’s, another team that is not jumping off the stat sheet. They lost an 8SPP long beard in qualifier.
Azure Frenzy: 5-9 I suspect this is a classic elf example of how they threw down a lot of blocks but got a lot more KO’s and Stuns than the nice snapping of bones sound wave. They lost a 33SPP lineman.
Ultimate Mr. Men: 8-7 Another example of how elves can throw down some blocks but their lack of MB hinders them in this stat category. They took NO CAS in qualifier.
Competitive Eaters: 14-7 AMAZING!!! For futility! Considering their enormous block ratio and foul ratio they really disappoint when it comes to crushing some skulls in the qualifier. They lost a 161 SPP long beard in qualifier, healing scroll finally coming out?
Burn the With: 10-11 got out CAS in the qualifier but they did not lose a player during the qualifier which is the important thing.
Saturday Morning TV20-6 when you are blocking at that rate the CAS will come, plus MB out the butt never hurts.
CS Riot Squad 21-20 Well they took it on the chin during the qualifier but they held tough, only lost a 33SPP wight during qualifier.
Heart Breakers 18-6 got some nice juicy CAS on the way to victory
Spreading Jan 22-15 Got some nice juicy shots in. They lost a 44SPP Blitzer in qualifier.
Hominis24-12 when you double up on the CAS count the victories will start to pour in. They lost a 43 SPP Catcher in qualifiers, nice to see I’m not the only one that has problems keeping catchers alive.

Luck Ratio
Words 68-50.3 well when you are blocking and causing CAS on top, not much your opponent can do.
Fleet Foot Revenge 66.3-52.66 did the elves fall flat on their faces?
Flach, for short, 61.3-57.3 well when you basically have parity and are getting planted into the turf this seems to be normal. Just a average ratio of luck.
Evolution of Undead Pixels65.6-54.3 AH!!! Here is the stat I was looking for. Not that the Pixels “lucked” out in getting to the draw, but it never hurts to be lucky. Ok no more PC stuff,.they are a bunch of Lucker’s and never should have made it past the first round! But were they truly lucky? I know first hand that a KIA was negated by regeneration and stopped an evolving new life form.
Darkhill Miners 59-53.5 I am starting to think these guys made it this far because they only had to play 2 games in qualifier.
Azure Frenzy 55.6-60 WOW they bucked the trend and got out lucked in the qualifier. I don’t want to hear all that clap trap about “Coaching”, they got lucky because they advanced with out having to be lucky on the stat sheet.
Competitive Eaters 59.3-53.6 who needs to be lucky when you throw down so many blocks and plant your opponent into the turf.
Ultimate Mr. Men 61-55.3 Well the king of Lucker’s does not disappoint and comes in with a very juicy +60 luck. Plus coupled with not taking any CAS at all in the qualifier will always guide you to major’s glory!
Burn the Witch: 58.3-51 Well when you are out blocking and not failing those dodges it makes life a little easier.
Saturday Morning TV61-53 when you are out blocking and knocking heads the Luck will come your way.
CS Riot Squad63-55.75 well these guys did lay a lot of blocks down and obviously they are really good at blocking.
Heart Breakers 59.75-52.5 this is what you get you when you seriously out block the opponent.
Spreading Jan 61.25-56.75 Had enough luck all around to make it this far
Hominis 55.25-61.25 Got out lucked in 3 out of 4 games, does that make them lucky to advance?

FOUL RATIO
Word 9-6 who needs to foul when you can just block your way to glory?
Fleet Foot Revenge 21-2 well when you don’t throw that many blocks just fall back on the time honored golden boot to the head.
Flach 10-11 Get out blocked, out Lucked and out CAS it is never a good thing when they also lay the boot more than you do. How did Flach advance again? I am lost.
Evolution of Undead Pixels9-4 well it always helps when you don’t get fouled back into the grave.
Dark Hill Miners5-3 Are the Miners a honorable Dwarf team and don’t believe in the boot? HERESEY!
Azure Frenzy 10-13 well they once again astound by taking more than they gave. The Foul CAS must have been generous for them.
Competitive Eaters 16-11 Well this is not shock. Not only do they throw a ton of blocks they then maul you when you are on the ground. Man these guys are just “low down”
Ultimate Mr. Men 14-6 Another coach with the Rep for using that damn foul button. Once again he does not disappoint as they gang foul anything with a pulse.
Burn the Witch12-13 not much in this stat, parity in fouls.
Saturday Morning TV22-13 Another coach who just loves to pile on a down player.
CS Riot Squad 30-16 this is one low down undead crew, well else can a zombie do beside lay the boot in?
Heart Breakers 15-9 Well they know how to place a well timed boot also.
Spreading Jan 18-15 Not only do they block well they lay the boot in at a high rate, but they also take the boot way to much for AV7.
Hominis 19-7 these guys will always place a well timed boot if the shot is there.

Well we have 14 of the 16 teams set and ready, at the time of publication the last teams in the TR and Forlorn had yet to play. So lets break down what we got so far. Based on the numbers and the inside look at the Stats we will set up the power rankings for the main draw.
Power Ranking’s
1: Ultimate Mr. Men
2: Competitive Eaters
3: Fleet Foot Revenge
4: Words
5: Saturday Morning TV
6: Azure Frenzy
7: Burn the Witch
8: Hominis
9: Dark Hill Miners
10: Spreading Jan Far and Wide
11: Heart Breakers and Life Takers
12: Evolution of Undead Pixels
13: CS Riot Squad
14: Flachpfieifens 4th Try

It should be a exciting GLT main draw and I hope all the Fumbbl fans out there have a shot to spec some games and really enjoy the high level of play that all these coaches will bring. It should be a lot of fun and lets see how it all plays out. We have two of the top coaches on Fumbbl in the draw and a lot of new coaches making their first and second run into the main draws. It will be exciting to see if some of the new coaches can challenge the top teams and coaches and give us some upsets. Once the final two teams are set I will update the power rankings and get us all set. Once the Tournament kicks off I will update the power rankings and break down the teams as they move along.

Lets have some fun guys and cheer/boo our favorite teams and coaches and have some fun with this.

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2009 - 18:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Wow, nice work Smile

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
Azure

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2009 - 18:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice stats!
RC

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2009 - 19:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice Very Happy

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2009 - 19:54 Reply with quote Back to top

hehehehe.

I'm not going to win this one.

Last prep game tonight.... more rips and niggles?

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2009 - 19:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice writeup. Even though I disagree with some of your conclusions it's fun to read.

Leijonet -Winging justice since 6/9-08
PainState

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2009 - 20:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Just checked your team out Pete and it is looking a little grim.

I will update the power rankings once the main draw is set and then I will go back and amend the rankings. The Ultimate Mr. Men are going to fall from that #1 spot me thinks.

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2009 - 20:58 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:

I will update the power rankings once the main draw is set and then I will go back and amend the rankings. The Ultimate Mr. Men are going to fall from that #1 spot me thinks.

Great write-ups PainState! Very Happy Liked the blocking stats especially, and the power-ranking at the end. Would have been great to see an update at the start of the tourney. Ah well, maybe next time.
p4m

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2009 - 21:18 Reply with quote Back to top

MadTias wrote:
PainState wrote:

Great write-ups PainState! Very Happy Liked the blocking stats especially, and the power-ranking at the end. Would have been great to see an update at the start of the tourney. Ah well, maybe next time.

We are working on the task Wink
hope to improve next time
StanRichardson

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2009 - 21:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Great write up mate

Love to see it develop after each round
 Jump to: