18 coaches online • Server time: 07:14
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post SWL Season CI
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
PainState

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2009 - 17:17 Reply with quote Back to top

**update from the Lustrian HQ**

Well Fumbbl fans I have been hanging out in the Lustrian Challenge HQ as we await the arrival of PurpleChest and his staff as they get ready for the application period to open next week. The fans are starting to show up in Lustria now and the atmosphere around here is starting to pick up as the anticipation of another major is building. Iam hoping to get an exclusive interview with the Comish once he arrives to sort out all this flat entry bussiness and get some answers for all you Fumbbl fans. Getting through his handlers is a pain in the neck but I will do my best to bring you guys up to date.

The place is Buzzing today as the Danish Terrors got off the ship on friday and immediatly jumped right into the action and starting to take names and numbers. This is one bloody team and rightfully feared. But that is what brings out the big crowds and gets every one excited, Iam sure a lot of teams are hoping to avoid the Terrors in the qualifiers.

Millford reporting from the sunny shores of Lustria.
PainState

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2009 - 20:35 Reply with quote Back to top

PurpleChest speaks to Milford about the Lustrian and other events

Well Fumbbl fans the Comish has finally arrived in Lustria to start the preparations for the Lustrian Challenge. He was a whirlwind of activity as he bounced from one location to another making sure that everything was running smooth. I got a tip from one of the locals that he was having dinner at the Green Lizard grill and bar, so of course I crashed the party. I was honored that the Comish saw me hanging out at the bar and came up to me towards the end of the night and I was able to have a pint with the comish and get some questions answered for all of you.

Here it is Fumbbl fans.

Thanks Comish for giving me some time to get some questions answered for all the Fumbbl fans out there.

No problem Milford I will do my best to answer your questions.

The flat entry system: Is it correct that all teams will need to have 0 Gold, no Stars and Wizards at the time of application, and thus for the first round game?

Yes (at this point the Comish gives the barkeep a nod for another round)

Will freebooters be allowed on your roster to start the tournament?

Yes, except the vampire lord, who is not allowed. (once again reinforces my oppinon that the comish has some deep resentment of Vampires)

What about during the application process, can you have gold on your roster when you apply your team?

No you are not allowed to have any gold/wizard or star on your roster when you apply your team. IF you apply your team and they are not compliant with the flat entry they will be kicked out of the group and sent a PM on why and that they need to re-apply their team. So please do not apply your team to the Lustrian if they are not flat entry compliant, that would seriously cut down on the amount of time my staff has to work on knocking coaches heads to get it right.
(I think the comish is really serious about this point, he went on a tyranical rant about coaches not reading and comprehending his official rules posts. But he did conceed he is dealing with blood bowl coaches.)

Will the qualifier and main draw have dynamic gold?

No, only the main draw will have dynamic gold. (I can hear "the Count" just screaming in his coffin over this one, just robbing him of all that easy gold during the qualifier)

I heard rumors that between the qualifier and the main draw the final 16 teams will only be allowed to play three prep. matches? is this true?

Probally (probally true? maybe? kind of? I asked a follow up to get clarity but the comish was distracted by some ladies of the night and handing them his contact information in Lustria)

Another rumor being floated out there is that you have put together a 5 man committe that will monitor the teams in the Lustrian to ensure that they are playing "fair" matches, during the prepartion period, and if in the committes determination they are not, they will be "booted" from the tournament?

Well that is an interesting rumor, and sounds like the sort of thing I might do. (which once again got the commish on a rant about coaches using underhanded tactics to get their team "pimped" and he was committed to rooting them out to "clean up" the image of the Majors.)

Well you were granted the title of Lord last month and I heard that the ceremony was top notch. Can you give us some insight on who was at the party and how did it go?

Well there was Me, a greased monky, some highly illegal narcotics and three dark elven cheerleaders. And let me tell you Fumbbl fans, they were dark as night. (well I would advise the comish to tone down a little because the witch hunters might come tracking his butt down one night. But of course I bit my tounge)

Well at this point I felt like I had taken to much of the Comishes time so I stood up to let him leave, I did not want the Comish to have a bad impression of me so I could get further interviews. The Comish stood up and turned to leave and then turned and said this.
You never asked me about the rumor of a challenge stage, which is odd, as that is the bit I'm looking forward to the most, Cya around Millford.

WHAT? a challenge stage...I rushed to ask about this but his "handlers" had allready shuffled the Comish away and I was not able to get any follow up on the challenge stage. So the comish still has one more twist for us. Stay tuned for the Comish and his official news post on the challenge system for the Lustrian.

Milford reporting from the Green Lizard Bar/Grill.
p4m

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2009 - 14:33 Reply with quote Back to top

So

Flachpfeifens 4th try are back in shape - more or less Wink
We are coming with 2 niggles a missing player, no bashpower, but a OT... oh well .. and 0 Money
Hopefully we wont face a fullbashteam in first round making rat-dish Smile

So i think we will see lots of av9 teams, cos coaches are scarred to be outbashed in round 1. Hopefully the brave ones will be honored to bring their av7 teams *blink*
p4m

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2009 - 19:04 Reply with quote Back to top

So its done - Rules are set... Smile

Well, to tell the truth : I like the idea of flat entry, making LC an unique Major. We wont see morgh(insert any other star) vs ripper(insert any other star) in first round.
On the other hand, i dont like the "3 games rule" between qualifier and main draw, i predict we will see a lot of av9 teams... even more than in FC. and we will see them in the main draw, cos you arent able to rebuild a rat team, a broken elvish team or any other team that has to cope with lots of injuries.

anyway - i hope we will see some high class teams with good coaching style and good match ups.
May the dice be with you!
PLZ aplly here: click
PainState

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2009 - 16:45 Reply with quote Back to top

***Milford reporting from the Lustiran application central***

Well Fumbbl fans the Lustrian officially kicked off yesterday by opening its doors to the applicants. I have been hanging out all day in the Application center and so far it has been slow moving. A couple "fringe" teams came in early and signed up but Iam still waiting for the "big names" to start rolling in. It seems a lot of teams are still preping and getting their final roster spots all filled out. The exicitement around here is building every day as more and more teams come lumbering in all ready to go.

One of the un intended results of the flat entry is that the local economy is in a BOOM. Teams are showing up with wads of cash on hand and once they are set are dumping large sums of Gold into the coffers of the local economy. Local vendors who normally earn around 500 GC a week are seeing teams showing up and throwing parties all over town and droping 20,000 GC like it was tip money. Team captain Grigor Dughagen of the Norsca Pillagers reportly made it "rain" at one of the local night clubs, he droped 60,000 GC in silver to the ladies of the night. It was one massive party that the locals had to bust up around 5AM because of the unrully crowd that was still formed up.

The week leading up to the main draw is going to be one big party as the fans are rolling in and the teams are dumping gold left and right keeping the parites going.

I did get reports that the Competitive Eaters have shown up as spectators and looking to defend their most pints in a hour championship. Also the Blood Sea Buccaneers arrived yesterday ready to accept the challenge and raise the banner for Humantity. I will keep all of you posted as the teams roll in.

Milford reporting from the Lustrian.

***Anybody who is going to jump into the lustrian make a post about what team you are bringing and if you feel up to it "fluff" it up a little.***

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2009 - 17:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Helena High is ready for the Lustrian after a couple of "home" games in preparation. Coach BA is making his team go for the low profile preparation and has hired a field in the outskirts of the big city. He made the smart move and also spend all his cash at home, bringing 7 assistant coaches, 4 cheerleaders and also buying the famous Criminal Psyko Killer out of prison to join the team as the 16th player. Without any cash the tempteations are far away.

As my wife always tell me
-No money, no funny!

Psyko Killer has never been on a BB field, but can hopefully add a new dimension to the team.
p4m

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2009 - 17:25 Reply with quote Back to top

he will, i pretty sure Very Happy
Malmir

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2009 - 20:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Fleetfoot's Revenge arrived today and headed straight to the local training ground / brewery. When asked about the teams' chances of adding to it's GLT win, coach Malmir sounded full of cliches. 'Well it's a long road and nuffle can be a cruel mistress but we'll take it one game at a time and at the end of the day the sun will set but will it set on our chances? I have no idea.' Fortunately, one of the many local translators was around and for 20,000 gc was able to provide the following translation. 'Maybe.'
p4m

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2009 - 20:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey you had to pay? PC told every reanslater was payed veofre first team even arrived... *ill check it, although i dont think you will get your money back
Reisender

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2009 - 03:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Karond Kar Poetry today set sails to Lustria. They might stop in Ulthuan to bash some High Elves for Prep and a 14th players, but coach Reisender fells that his team is ready for the challenge. Asked about his teamĀ“s tactics, he smiled and replied: Outdodge anything with that cheesy amount of agile players we got!
p4m

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2009 - 15:29 Reply with quote Back to top

damn i hoped for "rata blance" *sniff*
Melmoth

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2009 - 15:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry coaches like me dont read this thread
PainState

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2009 - 16:39 Reply with quote Back to top

**Milford reporting from the Lustrian**

Well the last day for teams to sign up for the Lustrian Challenge has arrived. The teams are getting in their final prep matches and rounding out the rosters. The "juices" are flowing as the fans are getting ready for tonights big party and bracket ceremony. This should be the best Lustrian to date with the challenge system and the flat entry.

Last night the Lone Stars showed up with dramatic flair for all the fans. A dark Wizard used a teleport mass spell that awed the waiting crowd.

I just got this memo from the "brass"

Everyone needs to get ready for the cut off at midnight. All you coahes who have waited for the last minute make sure you clean up your rosters to comply with the flat entry rules, we dont want to have a bunch of last minute crap to deal with because coaches did not do their job. So all coaches who want to take a shot at the Lustrian need to get all their bussiness wrapped up and get your teams applied and make sure your team is flat entry qualified.

Was it mentioned that all teams need to get their teams flat entry compliant before midnight?

Well Iam ready to go and am eager to see the brackets and start getting into the meat of this years Lustrian. I will as allways be giving you my inside picks so get ready to make some money on the side at the local book.

Milford reporting from the Lustrian.

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2009 - 16:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Rata Blanca was involved in a series of nasty accidents (i wont go into details, but it involved several rats, a black orc, a clawed beastman, a couple of cheerleaders and the idea to order a cheesburger at McNurgles) and cant participate in the tournament.

Meanwhile, Karond Kar Poetry still looks for a worthy opponent (read = severely beat up Pro Elf Team ; ) ) for its last prep match tonight before aplication.
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2009 - 17:31 Reply with quote Back to top

But isn`t today tuesday and isn`t the draw on the night from wednesday to thursday?
 Jump to: