46 coaches online • Server time: 15:54
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post RNG speculationsgoto Post Inscription JBL Sais...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
hunter

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2005 - 17:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Other things aside, you can't start a player with 2 or more agility skills, as there wouldn't be enough to earn assuming 7 regular skill rolls. So, the hairfeet should lose either dodge or sure feet.

~hunter

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2005 - 18:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Hasn't this rule been abololished now that the Ogres are official. Unless I'm missing somethins they dont have seven regular skills?

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2005 - 23:38 Reply with quote Back to top

LtMonkey wrote:
Hasn't this rule been abololished now that the Ogres are official. Unless I'm missing somethins they dont have seven regular skills?

A very good point - what does happen with a big guy should he get past 4 skills without a double?

Play testing is a good idea as you can even do it against other people - Playtesting alone is boring.
MindWright

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2005 - 00:17 Reply with quote Back to top

I saw this discussed on bloodbowl.com, and the clarification there was that once you capped your available skills list all further rolls are treated as doubles. You still have to roll since you might get a characteristic increase instead.

The odds of going seven rolls without a doubles or a characteristic increase is about 10.25%, so it is an issue. I have no idea what the odds are that a player will survive long enough to become a Legend.

Hunter, I noticed on your website that you were looking for ideas for Stunty teams without Big Guys. Is that still true?

It occurs to me that going back to the original version, removing the Treeman, and removing Stunty from the Tallfellows so they have full range bands should also make the team very playable. In that case, we could either leave the Tallfellows slightly overcosted (like standard Halflings) or increase their AV to 7. The AV change from 6 to 7 has the same value as Stunty in the original formula. It doesn't quite fit what I had in mind, but it should work as a team.

I'll put together a couple of prototype rosters for playtesting.
Glomp

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2005 - 14:28 Reply with quote Back to top

One tree?

Boo!

I like my wood. Smile

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2005 - 17:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

Hunter, I noticed on your website that you were looking for ideas for Stunty teams without Big Guys. Is that still true?

Yep, it is certainly true. I have been busy lately and haven't had any time to playtest, but I'll make a post about an upcoming league in the Stunty Compendium thread. Go ahead and get your best roster ready, as well a bit of relevant fluff. You can see examples of team fluff on my webpage... yours don't have to be anywhere near the length or detail of mine, but there should be something there. Once you have everything ready, e-mail it to me at the address on the site, and I will add it as soon as I can.

~hunter

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2005 - 20:25 Reply with quote Back to top

At the request of MindWright, this team has been declared ready for playtesting and included in the Stunty Compendium. It will be one of many Stunty Leeg conceptual teams featured in the upcoming league. See the linked thread for more information. Details of the league will be released in the 2nd week of March, with commencement shortly thereafter.

~hunter

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2005 - 16:54 Reply with quote Back to top

At the request of MindWright, this team has been removed from the Stunty Compendium and replaced with the Halfling Professionals.

~hunter