14 coaches online • Server time: 03:35
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post GIF Guide
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Noobdude

Post   Posted: Sep 26, 2005 - 13:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Well the team is in for submittion.

Behold Back Door Emissions:

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=199550

I found the page with suggested roster starts. This one looked different, so I thought I would give it a go.

By the by, how does one get a game?? Smile
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Sep 26, 2005 - 13:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Once the team gets accepted, click on GAMEFINDER (in your main page), and add your team there.
Then look for similar TR/TS teams, enter CHAT, and contact the coach of the team you want to play against.

Quite simple. Smile

Welcome aboard mate!

Post   Posted: Sep 26, 2005 - 13:52 Reply with quote Back to top

On the team: Well, you can always make a new team after a few games Razz

The positive thing is that you will get loads off offers to play with them.

To find games just go into IRC, there are always plenty of coaches around to play. Since you are new I would suggest you go into #fumbblacademy, for a nice training match against an experienced opponent.

Post   Posted: Sep 26, 2005 - 14:05 Reply with quote Back to top

actually it is #fumbbl_academy but peeps there will help ya alot Smile
Emphasy

Post   Posted: Sep 26, 2005 - 14:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Though its too late Humans aint bad starters either...
mUst

Post   Posted: Sep 26, 2005 - 14:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Humans, so you dont get used to either too much st4, or too much ag4... learn to play it smart with humans i say Very Happy

and btw... gl
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Sep 26, 2005 - 15:18 Reply with quote Back to top

noobdude, sent you a PM...

Given you're an Aussie, you should join us at the SWL.

We can help you get started...

Cheers,
Clay
MrMojo

Post   Posted: Sep 26, 2005 - 15:25 Reply with quote Back to top

But consider this, after you've played 500 games, you're no longer a noob, but your nick is still noobdude. Didn't you think about that at all?

EDIT: This post made me a TOP 20 poster by getting me up to the #20 position! Yohoo!

Last edited by MrMojo on %b %26, %2005 - %15:%Sep; edited 1 time in total
Noobdude

Post   Posted: Sep 26, 2005 - 15:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks all for the advice and help.

See if we can make this biatch a winner!!
Macavity

Post   Posted: Sep 26, 2005 - 15:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Goodluck, Noobdude! Play against my halflings! Incidentally, I actually think that humans and undead are the best starter teams as both have very clearly defined roles for players. Of course, I entered my no-tree 'flings in the Fumbbl Cup.... but, hey, I helped teach Sheperd how to play and he's amazing now!!!!!

Post   Posted: Sep 26, 2005 - 15:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Firstly Mojo, After 500 I predict that I would have learnt nuthin... Slow learner, dense, whatever the case may be, stuff just does not stick in my brain.

Secondly, it is with much sadness that we have to bring news of the withdrawal of Back Door Emissions. The Committee felt that they were too grose and offensive and told them to come back when they were mor refined. Refined? They are Orcs after all.
G_Force

Post   Posted: Sep 26, 2005 - 17:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Noobdude wrote:
Firstly Mojo, After 500 I predict that I would have learnt nuthin... Slow learner, dense, whatever the case may be, stuff just does not stick in my brain.

Secondly, it is with much sadness that we have to bring news of the withdrawal of Back Door Emissions. The Committee felt that they were too grose and offensive and told them to come back when they were mor refined. Refined? They are Orcs after all.

I unfortunately missed out on seeing the team lineup and names so can only guess the theme that the teamname suggests.
Much as i appreciate "toilet Humour" we have to remember this is a family friendly site and should try to consider what may or maynot be offensive to others.

I started out with Delf and Orcs myself. played 10 games (coincidentally 5 for each) and lost them all. Then the orcs drew followed by the delf winning. Whatever you choose, stick with it despite the losses (and occasional crushing defeats at that) things will come to you. If you struggle in one style of play try something different with an alternate race. This (or so i hear) is why humans make a good starting race, they can outbash the ballplay teams and outplay the bashers. I personally put Delf into this same catagory but they have the added bonus out out playing and bashing ball player teams.

I would also personally recomend starting out in Unranked. there are way to many cherry pickers that care too much for their stats in ranked that will take advantage of your noob status and pick your cherry as it were.

SolomonKane

Post   Posted: Sep 26, 2005 - 17:46 Reply with quote Back to top

On the other hand, getting knocked around by those kinds of players will give you an idea what tournament games can be like, and what kinds of games you want to avoid if you care about your players all that much.

My tip is, learn to be mentally tough on defense. It goes with the territory of defending that your players will get knocked down, stunned, and occasionally knocked out. But I've learned (even if I don't always practice it) that thoughtful, persistent defense will often net you either good luck or good opportunities because your opponent might wear down and get sloppy or just flat-out unlucky.

Good luck!
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Sep 26, 2005 - 18:03 Reply with quote Back to top

MrMojo wrote:
But consider this, after you've played 500 games, you're no longer a noob, but your nick is still noobdude. Didn't you think about that at all?

EDIT: This post made me a TOP 20 poster by getting me up to the #20 position! Yohoo!

you are 20?!? You just spam. Take example of the French Forum Lord!

signed
sk8FFL

Post   Posted: Sep 26, 2005 - 18:08 Reply with quote Back to top

I MrMojo is just spam, what does that make me? Est ce qu'il ya un mot en Francais pour "Spam"?