33 coaches online • Server time: 10:51
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post NCBB TVgoto Post Borg Invasion
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
MrMojo

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2005 - 17:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, call me cherrypopper, baby.

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2005 - 17:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Macavity wrote:
Hey, some of us low CR coaches are fun to play against as well (and surprisingly good at the game). Wink

It's not me, it's my teams! I swear! Wink
Macavity

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2005 - 17:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, mostly my no-tree flings, and the fact that I jumped right into ranked after not having played since 97 and 3rd edition rules........ But hey, don't wonder, play me!

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2005 - 17:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Macavity wrote:
Hey, some of us low CR coaches are fun to play against as well (and surprisingly good at the game). Wink

Some are, yes Wink Razz Wink
Macavity

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2005 - 18:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Rob, you want to BE me, admit it!

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2005 - 18:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Losing to brilliant plays...great! Losing b/c the other guy tried something so outlandish, but dice let it work! Vastly amusing! Losing b/c the other guy gets lucky on cas-dice and I simply don't have anybody left on-pitch...very annoying, but what can you do?

What burns me up is the disco-loss, where a game is going along, and then disconnects for whatever reason. Upon reload, there are multiple balls, or you're unable to move/blitz your player, whatever the case may be. I've lost several games I was going to win from freak occasions like this--a tie game where I have the ball in position to score the winner, but a disco gives a second ball the opponent can pick up and strip from your guy, so he scores instead...can't move your ballboy out of range of a blitz, he sacks ya, steals and scores...he can't blitz, so offer to just restart the game (only turn 2), and goes from 0-cas my lead to 3 dead-his lead...

Beat me tactics, fine. Beat me luck, I can live with it. Beat me b/c of a computer glitch...WTF?

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2005 - 18:35 Reply with quote Back to top

WTF= Where's The Fun? Wink

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2005 - 22:19 Reply with quote Back to top

While cherrypicking my way up, I've noticed that the worse the coach, the more luck he has. Like throwing a long bomb with AG 3 ghoul, from 2 TZ's and catching it with AG 3 wight, with no rerolls. I don't mind losing to a better opponent (Well, yes I do, but then I can understand it), but when my opponent is clearly doing bad choices and still winning because of dice, I get very annoyed.

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2005 - 22:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm one of the best losers ever, everyone that has won against me know I'm very humble and have complimented their splendid plays all the time.
Macavity

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2005 - 22:36 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm the best loser ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wink

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2005 - 22:47 Reply with quote Back to top

I win only cause I'm awesome, not cause of my dice!

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2005 - 22:53 Reply with quote Back to top

See MrMojo, when you are losing anyways all the time, you have no reason to avoid playing me in F1 like you did now for 2 seasons.
Mr_Launcher

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2005 - 23:06 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't care if I win or loose as long as I've played my best. In fact, I like it when I roll poorly or when I have few players, because then I really have the chance to find out if I'm any good at this game.
Mithrilpoint

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2005 - 01:15 Reply with quote Back to top

I really hate losing...i just can´t stand it. Doesn´t matter whether i´m outskilled or outlucked...i just really don´t like it. Really.

M

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2005 - 07:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Circular, and I will continue to avoid you untill I have an advantage over you, which will have to be team-advantage, because you're better player than I am.

Jump to: