56 coaches online • Server time: 12:56
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post TSC Draftgoto Post 4,000TV!goto Post IBA Draft League
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Jigplums

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2006 - 19:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I've edited the group page so for now the tr cap is 135. This is to stop a few high end teams dominating the league and also from uber bashers from retiring everyone before it starts. I'm considering an Underdog bonus of +1 point for games that are against an opp with a TR and TS difference of 10+. this would hopefully encourage people to play those higher tr teams and keep games flowing when someone inevitably takes a few casualties. if enough people join the cap can be raised or even removed.

Let me know your thoughts
Maze

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2006 - 12:46 Reply with quote Back to top

The group page looks great now, and it´s clear on the rules. A few things though:

For easy contact, add a link to this forum thread, and name a channel for the group.

Under 'League rules' it says 'TR 100-135 LRB Compliant Unranked Teams Allowed', and under 'Team Restrictions' it says 'Only TR100 teams are allowed'. The former is the correct one, yes?

Good job! Now lets hope the league spurs some interest and we can get started on the matches.
Jigplums

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2006 - 17:03 Reply with quote Back to top

ok well channel name mif sound right to people? Have edited the mistake on TR in the group page.
Any of you guys who feel inclined pm people, post in chat and on here to increase the interest and get more coaches onboard. Stampy's yet to join a team and another guy is trying to build a team up a bit before he join's so that should be 2 more coaches then are on the group page atm.
Jigplums

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2006 - 15:47 Reply with quote Back to top

What do people think of having an UNDERDOG RULE:

If playing and opp with a TS of 11 or more higher, a team gets an extra +1 point for the game. This would mean they would get 4/2/1 for the game. The idea of this would be that if people try to cherry pick those with less experienced or beat up teams, they will be under more pressure to win the game as affectively a draw would see the underdog coming out with more league points. This would also mean those flagging behind would still have all to play for as a few wins vs experienced opponents could bring them back into play.

This would generate a little extra work for me and stampy, as you guys would have to Post us a link to the game report and we'd then have to edit your score.
Stampy

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2006 - 23:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds like a good plan to me Jigplums. My advice would be to implement the ruling for the first couple of seasons to see how it pans out.

On a side note - we need more coaches!

Anyone with a TR 100-135 unranked team clogging up your team list should sign up, there's nothing to lose and alot of excitement to gain!
Commie

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2006 - 09:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Jigplums wrote:
What do people think of having an UNDERDOG RULE:

If playing and opp with a TS of 11 or more higher, a team gets an extra +1 point for the game. This would mean they would get 4/2/1 for the game. The idea of this would be that if people try to cherry pick those with less experienced or beat up teams, they will be under more pressure to win the game as affectively a draw would see the underdog coming out with more league points. This would also mean those flagging behind would still have all to play for as a few wins vs experienced opponents could bring them back into play.

This would generate a little extra work for me and stampy, as you guys would have to Post us a link to the game report and we'd then have to edit your score.

if you want to stop cherry pickers, how about the other way aroound? instead of the underdog getting a +1 bonus how about the HIGHER ranked team getting -1 points. that seems like a more direct deterrent, especially if there are a larger number of teams involved. that way if you lose to a weakling team you cherry pick you actually lose league points from the humiliating defeat Embarassed hehe.

just my 2 cents,

C.
OverDose

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2006 - 09:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Even though I'm not 100 % sure that the underdog rule is cool right now I think that communist is on the right track..

What if the teams have a lot of TR difference? Handicaps are designed to make the match more even, so what I'm suggesting is that if the other team has >= 11 TS difference AND he doesn't give away, say 2 handicaps or more, then he would get -1 for that match in league points.

I think that it would be better that way.
Jigplums

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2006 - 12:15 Reply with quote Back to top

that probably does make more sense actually. As we all know the handicap's rarely make the difference otherwise cherrypicking wouldn't be so virilant. The only problem i see doing in that way, is that the minus would have to be done manually[as does the +1 underdog bonus atm] Therefore coaches would have to pm a link to the match report so the change could be made. If a player is gaining +1 for a win, at least they would be motivated to pm. However it then relies on the opponent to pm and say, my opp had a higher ts.

Maybe that wouldn't be a problem as people would be more than happy to send the pm's pointing out there opponents misfortune.

Good to hear your opinions, will have to have a think about the best way of going about this.
OverDose

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2006 - 20:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm.. Over 50 % of the handicaps are at least good if not great..

I think that handicaps are worth 5 TS a piece in general as they are in the CR point system.
Jigplums

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2006 - 15:52 Reply with quote Back to top

The group page is at http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=3630
Stampy

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2006 - 22:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok Guys, we're hoping to start the qualifying round this Monday if we can attract another 15-20 coaches this weekend.

I think its an acheiveable target.

Good luck in your promotional efforts!

This will be massive
onionking

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2006 - 03:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Excellent, at last look we had 39 teams entered for the inital qualifying round which will give coaches a massive amount of similarly ranked teams to but heads against all in the 100-135 TR range. More of course would be even sweeter.

I am going to be looking after the Underdog Scoring so PM your special concerns/game results to me.

Since you're not forced to play these games and can pick and choose, I for one am not too concerned about cherry-plucking. I like the 4/2/1 bonus for understrength team though I like 1 point for a loss regardless. A team that losses a game should be ranked higher than the team that hasn't played one, imo.
onionking

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2006 - 21:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Scouting report going into preliminaries:

Top 10 TS

1. Puistolan Pahkiset-Undead, coached by OverDose, 152 TS
2. Dead Exciting- Undead, coached by Purpleplums, 145 TS
3. Nocturnis Morbidius, Undead, coached by Jigplums, 144 TS
4. Leicester Lemmings, Necromantic, coached by Purplegoo, 143 TS
5. Zapatistas, Dwarf, coached by Commie, 142 TS
6. Excessive Force, Orc, coached by Ninjabob, 140 TS
7. Friendly Frenzy, Norse, coached by freak_in_a_frock, 137 TS
7. Submission Skramblers, Skaven, coached by Phil78, 137 TS
9. Roskilde Headbangers 2004, Human, coached by mymLaban, 136 TS
10. Amok Beasts, Chaos, coached by Ludovicious, 135 TS
10. Alot, Orc, coached by Stampy, 135 TS

44 Team Breakdown:

Orc: 8 (24 games played avg. 3.0 games exp)
Chaos: 4 (28 games played avg. 7.0 games exp)
Human: 4 (16 games played avg. 4.0 games exp)
Skaven: 4 (18 games played avg. 4.5 games exp)
Undead: 3 (39 games played avg. 13.0 games exp)
Necromantic: 3 (13 games played avg. 4.3 games exp)
Amazon: 3 (9 games played avg. 3.0 games exp)
Dwarf: 2 (5 games played avg 2.5 games exp)
Norse: 2 (13 games played avg 6.5 games exp)
Lizardman: 2 (4 games played avg. 2.0 games exp)
Ogre: 2 (7 games played avg 3.5 games exp)
Vampire: 2 (4 games played avg 2.0 games exp)
Dark Elf: 1 (8 games played)
Chaod Dwarf: 1 (4 games played)
Wood Elf: 1 (6 games played)
Goblin: 1 (12 games played)
High Elf: 1 (1 game played)

Well, would really like to see some more elf teams! Better go read every strategy article available on how to beat the orcs (and how to play them so you know what they're planning...)
Jigplums

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2006 - 21:37 Reply with quote Back to top

nice break down mate, will be interesting to see how the ts break down looks at the end of the 6 weeks, and is telling that all 3 undead teams are the top 3 ts wise. Prehaps thats why zombies have increased by 10k in lrb5 Wink
Jigplums

Post   Posted: Jul 11, 2006 - 01:52 Reply with quote Back to top

The first day of Maximum Impact Fumbbl’s qualifying division Kicked off Today with some excellent Bloodbowl, with over 25 games being played. Already coach valen’s aptly named Maximum impact dwarves taking an early lead with 12 points on the board and 6 games under there belt. Hot on the dwarven heels are jigplums Nocturnis morbidious with 7 points and coach purpleplums and tati both lying on 6 points. As promised it has been a brutal start for the teams in the Gauntlet, with 2 teams having been retired already. only nuffle can tell what tomorrow will bring
 Jump to: