63 coaches online • Server time: 17:35
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post TSC Draftgoto Post 4,000TV!goto Post IBA Draft League
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What to get?
Blitzer
55%
 55%  [ 48 ]
Thrower
9%
 9%  [ 8 ]
Lino
13%
 13%  [ 12 ]
Save for witch
5%
 5%  [ 5 ]
RR
8%
 8%  [ 7 ]
Buy some pie!
6%
 6%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 86

Laviak

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2006 - 09:37 Reply with quote Back to top

imho, either a blitzer or a lino. I'd probably go with the lino myself - the difference in cost is significant, and you'll probably need it to buy another player (or 3) in the near future.

flash

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2006 - 10:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Blitzer - they are essential for Dark Elf
Rijssiej

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2006 - 10:14 Reply with quote Back to top

blitzer for sure, then another blitzer, then the rr.

btw. place the nigglers on the los.
Dalibor

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2006 - 10:43 Reply with quote Back to top

I voted for Blitzer.
btw. I dont think your team is a team with money to spare - i think it is a team with desperate need of money. You need 2 blitzers, replace at least 1 niggled lino (Elfus). After all that is done and you didnt lose any other players, you may start thinking of hiring a Thrower or WE. I think 3 TRRs is enough until you have 12-13 healthy players.

And I would place on the LoS Elfus (niggler), Dusty (rookie) and Revan (-AG) for now. The only Guard in team is still needed for offense in the LoS.
ex-convict

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2006 - 19:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah I have had pretty pathetic rolls so far. Only 1 double, and no stat increases. My apoc rolls have been pathetic too, as in 6/9 of my last matches he has failed me. That has really crippled the team.

I just had another thought: If LRB 5.0 came out this second, which it obviously won't, I wouldn't be able to have the thrower anymore. If I could still keep the team and just adapt them to the rules, I could keep the thrower on the team if I bought one before LRB 5 comes out. However LRB 5 might not come out for a long time, and we might not be able to keep teams anyways. Just a thought.

Thx for the advice everyone, though my mind is still not made up. Good thing I have 4 other ranked teams to play around with for a while.

Don't drop the soap.
LordSnotball

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2006 - 02:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok Blitzer post...

to be able to rebuild your team, you need cash. the blitzer will make a helluva difference, and will most probably add to your potential scoring capabilities. by winning, you will end up getting those extra 10k, which are crucial for rebuilding.

after the blitzer, go for 13 players, buying Linos. this will work better without a thrower, as you are spreading the spps, and will give you time to differentiate your blitzers... consider getting urself a sure feet/spritn blitzer, and add tackle as the 3rd skill. gives amazing scoring capabilities, and the tackle means u can hunt down gutter runners and WDs on defence...

upon reaching 13 players, you should be in the 180 range, try to get 4th reroll by 180, and 5th by 200...

and a WE somewhere between now and 200, whenever you can. once u reach 180+, u need 14 players instead of 13. this is because you will start taking heavier casualties and it takes a good rebuild otherwise to get back on ur feet...

now, the WE would change your gameplay immensely, but without having the linos to back her up it is a recipe for disaster... they also take a few games to skill up as u hesitate to use em, as they don't have block...

hope this helps...

The Congregation - Always Recruiting
[url=http://igolocal.net/badge.php?user_id=1949]Image [/url]
LordSnotball

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2006 - 02:33 Reply with quote Back to top

oh, and i have a DE team thats currently rebuilding too:

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=129762

played the last match w 6 players! they are slowly getting back on their feet... if u want a 'recovery match' and see me online, just hollar Smile

The Congregation - Always Recruiting
[url=http://igolocal.net/badge.php?user_id=1949]Image [/url]
Arcon

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2006 - 14:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Hm, a Blitzer never is wrong, but I voted for a Thrower.
Of course it depends on your playing style, but I have experienced safe throw as a great advantage, it just gives your game so many more options, just throw the ball without fear of interception.
Thomcat

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2006 - 15:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Blitzer and then replace ur nigglings - WE ´s are for later in my book -