44 coaches online • Server time: 17:52
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post TSC Draftgoto Post 4,000TV!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
WHO IS THE BEST SPORT OF SEASON 1?
gronan
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
bigkahunna
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
memnos
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Lenny
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Baastet
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
KrizRicht
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Russo1
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Coach_Grit
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Prasomchai
27%
 27%  [ 3 ]
TheHardArtist
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
thereisaball
18%
 18%  [ 2 ]
Domsterlord
27%
 27%  [ 3 ]
pml97
27%
 27%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 11

Gritter

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2007 - 02:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks PML, i have to say i didnt really suffer ANY bad luck on key roles and you did. But i was happy with how i played positionally thoughout to secure the win. Wink

House of Mandalore 0 - 2 Smashy Dodgers

House of Mandalore won the toss and chose to receive.
The Dodgers newly beefed up STR5 saurus, Crash took up a deep safety position and the unskilled sauris and Krox went into the line. Rest of the team lined up in our typical defence covering the field and threatening the flanks.

The kick was good and Mandalore brought the Smashy Dodgers line down and started a fairly deep cage choosing not to send receivers into my deep field.

The dodgers over the next couple of turns allowed the cage to advance, but only really left a route for it down their right flank... leaving Crash always free to blitz if needed. In turn 3 or 4 after some medicore chaos block dice the Dodgers pounced, tackle zoning the ball carrier and closing off that flank.

Mandalore attempted to double back and dodge out of trouble but disaster struck as they failed a handoff with snake eyes.
The dodgers then freed the ball of tackle zones with a blitz and managed a successful pickup and then set about 'reversing the field' to allow a small stall.
Good positioning bought the Dodgers a few turns before running in the score when threat of the wizard and close by chaos players proved too much.

Mandalore received again and sent 2 beastmen deep into the dodgers field as receivers going for the 2 turn score. The dodgers were equal to the threat tho and blitzed one of them down and blocked the other with a skink, leaving no chaos in scoring range in turn 8.

2nd half there was a small crowd invasion which stunned the Guard chaos warrior and the dodgers star Saurus Crash. The kick went very deep indeed into the dodgers end zone.
A crucial block in the first turn badly hurt the ogre and with the apoth already gone he was carried off for an early bath.

The next few turns saw the Dodgers employing a very loose cage around the ball carrier while trying to force open one of the flanks with their saurus, all the time afraid of the wizard.
PML managed to tackle zone the ball carrier a few times but the blitz was never on and the tackler just got pushed out of the way as the lizards slowly gained ground and gained the man advantage causing another BH and a KO.

In turn 5 PML managed to get 2 tackle zones on the ball carrier who was now within scoring range. But a pushback on one and a stun on the other saw Dipsi in the clear and he ran in the Dodgers 2nd score!

Knowing they now had to score twice in 4 turns to force overtime the chaos sent 3 receivers forward in a more elbowl style attack. This time the dodgers finally had some mediocre block dice and none of the receivers went down.
PML freed up Unknown Mandalore ready to score but for the second time ball handling let him down and the pass was dropped.
Crash then blitzed a chaos player on top of the ball pushing it into the crowd to be thrown into the middle of the pitch leaving Mandalore horribly out of position and the ball in skink hands.
A brave chaos warrior then dodged and double GFI'd and brought the ball back to ground again though as we came into the last 2 turns of the game, leaving the prone skink 1 movement short of being able to score in turn 8.

Both coaches then spite used their wizards Razz Coach Grit learning something new as his lightening bolt struck the prone skink? odd, but by this stage it didnt matter.
PML's wizard was even more impressive with his fireball failing to hit a single lizard (including an AG1 suarus) so money well spent there heh.
The final seconds then ticked away before the ref blew his whistle to give the Dodgers the win the the UFL title! Very Happy

Team captain Crash was heard to say after the game:

Quote:
Ah... well, you go out there and you give a 110%, and you wanna play good, and... you know... you hope you play good... I think we played pretty good tonight!

The Dodgers are now off to party and celebrate their first tournament win, dont know what format this leagues gonna take next season but we hope to be back Wink
GG all!
gronan

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2007 - 07:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Gratz Grit!
Russo

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2007 - 11:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Well done Grit. So a hybrid team wins.....Caveliers all failed, the Bashers nearly made it an exclusive final, but the Lizards steal the show. A dramatic season ends well.

[21:35] <@Purp|away> why is it whenever I come to check the PC, Russo is lowering the tone?! Razz
================================
[22:59] <princevaliant> NBL has gotten to be such a dirty channel
[22:59] <princevaliant> ty Russo Very Happy

BiggieB is my idol
Domsterlord

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2007 - 15:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Congratulations Coach Grit!

two well played games!

Dom

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2007 - 12:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Three, by the way... xD
Russo

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2007 - 14:53 Reply with quote Back to top

OK, I am up for playing in both divisions Friendly and Competetive.

I think that the Competetive Division should be full rules with no skill restrictions other than 1 DP per team max.

I will keep my High Elves in the Friendly Division and take a new team in the Competeive Division if that is OK.

[21:35] <@Purp|away> why is it whenever I come to check the PC, Russo is lowering the tone?! Razz

BiggieB is my idol
Gritter

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2007 - 15:07 Reply with quote Back to top

The friendly division is basically the ultimate elfbowl division, with even no Treemen correct? (no mighty blow) Think i will give that one a miss.

I would agree with Russo on the competetive, no skills restrictions apart from max 1 DP. You might think about restricting the amount of claw though, personally im on the fence on that one.
Already played 1 game after the season ended as i wasnt sure when UFL would get going again, i can probably get back under 200 though..
Russo

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2007 - 15:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Coach_Grit wrote:
no skills restrictions apart from max 1 DP. You might think about restricting the amount of claw though, personally im on the fence on that one.

Thinking about this I would probably agree. I took a peek at some Chaos teams that have dominated other leagues and find that they are a little bit predictable. They can not argue about Claw being their only way to win because they are not that much different than Orcs and Orcs seem to do OK without Claw. Maybe setting a limit of 4 might be a good starting point.

BiggieB is my idol
Hayati

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2007 - 15:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Coach_Grit wrote:
The friendly division is basically the ultimate elfbowl division, with even no Treemen correct? (no mighty blow) Think i will give that one a miss.

Yes, that just about sums it up! I like to keep my leagues different, with HAZARD for example being about fouling and dying, and am opening this division for my Cowgirlz team, which I would very much like to develop without further RIPs!

I understand your Lizards can't really enter without the Big Guys, but as I said previously, they're strong enough to hang with the big boys, and are after all our champions!

And note that all the prestige will lie with the Competitive division- as the Friendly one is just that! A friendly place where you can develop your teams & strategies!

Cool

Cribbleobblepie

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2007 - 15:27 Reply with quote Back to top

My AV7 Skaven will be happy to play with no restrictions. This is BLOODbowl, right? Just don't expect us to be pushing for honours! Wink

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2007 - 15:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Cribbleobblepie wrote:
My AV7 Skaven will be happy to play with no restrictions. This is BLOODbowl, right? Just don't expect us to be pushing for honours! Wink

Cribble....in this statement you are doing nothing to dispell those beliefs you are mad as a March Hare Very Happy

BiggieB is my idol
Cribbleobblepie

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2007 - 15:52 Reply with quote Back to top

You'll all be laughing the other side of your faces when my linerats start sprouting claws...

Razor sharp ones at that!!! Laughing

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2007 - 15:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, my Sawankhalok Sweethearts are competing against the likes of Russie's Orcs and Jaw's Norse in the AFL, so please indulge me in a little division where ONE of my Zon teams can actually survive Wink

Cribbleobblepie

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2007 - 16:11 Reply with quote Back to top

But Russo's Orcs just want to cuddle you? The Hugging Machine just felt like you were rejecting that love, that's why you have problems with them.

Embrace them, nurture them, love them!!!

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2007 - 21:00 Reply with quote Back to top

The competetive League should not be restricted except for the use of DP. I think one is fine but other than that "competetive" should mean just that and everything goes. Restricting skills in a competetive division is oh whats a nice way to say it.... a bit sissy Smile

As for the friendly division I totally agree with Pras and the rules that have been set up to skill restrictions there.

Sign me up for a team in both.

Vince Lombardi
 Jump to: