38 coaches online • Server time: 12:20
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post TSC Draftgoto Post 4,000TV!goto Post IBA Draft League
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
WHO IS THE BEST SPORT OF SEASON 1?
gronan
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
bigkahunna
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
memnos
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Lenny
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Baastet
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
KrizRicht
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Russo1
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Coach_Grit
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Prasomchai
27%
 27%  [ 3 ]
TheHardArtist
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
thereisaball
18%
 18%  [ 2 ]
Domsterlord
27%
 27%  [ 3 ]
pml97
27%
 27%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 11

thereisaball

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2007 - 22:31 Reply with quote Back to top

pml97 wrote:
The competitive League should not be restricted except for the use of DP. I think one is fine but other than that "competitive" should mean just that and everything goes. Restricting skills in a competitive division is oh whats a nice way to say it.... a bit sissy Smile

As for the friendly division I totally agree with Pras and the rules that have been set up to skill restrictions there.

Sign me up for a team in both.

Agreed.

I would like to play in BOTH as well.

I don't think we should limit anything other than DP, and even that is a bit much if this is a truly competitive league (says the guy running the No Foul League). I truly believe that any of the main races can win, though luck is a factor in early team development for any race. Which is why it is good that we are starting with a TR cap, that should help to balance out the "luck" factor.
Hayati

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2007 - 16:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Guys,

We seem to be going down the 1 DP per team road, with no other restrictions. If anyone has a big problem with this, let me know! Very Happy

Hayati

Post   Posted: May 31, 2007 - 18:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Guys,

THE UFL IS BACK!!! After a huge post-season, we are back and with a more equitable structure to please both 'friendly' and 'competitive' coaches.

FRIENDLY

The season would seem to be between Onu-Koro Quakes and Red Devil Legends, as this pair far outranks the others involved. However, things can change quickly with Elves, and one bad game can ruin a few superstars.

COMPETITIVE

It is nice that we have only one duplicate race despite being an open race division.

On a personal level, my own team, Streetfighter II, who I specifically earmarked to destroy Domsterlord's Chaos Dwarves (who wrecked my Amazons in the UFL pre-season cup), instead find themsleves playing the champions in round 1!

Of late my FUMBBL mission has been building a long unbeaten streak with Khemri. I fear that this streak will be broken...if only I could play this team later on in the season! On the other hand, my team has a 10-6-0 record and will not be easy to defeat. Regardless, this should be an exciting game.

As I hope all UFL games will be!!!

Wink

Hayati

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2007 - 13:20 Reply with quote Back to top

SMASHY DODGERS 2 STREETFIGHTER II 0

Finally, the Prasomchai 30+-game-unbeaten-Khemri record is broken! But how?!!

Smart use of a wizard yielded the solution. My original plan to receive the kick off, pound my way downfield and score in turn 8 whilst reducing Dodgers numbers was decimated when the wizard injured half my team, leaving the Streetfighters open to a bashing and stalling against!

In the second, the Dodgers scored easily, as we would expect, and the Streetfighters should have also scored but for a turn 16 endzone trip on a rerolled go for it. 2-0!

I think my inexperience with Wizards was the cause here. I packed my troops tightly together, and this of course amplified the effect of the fireball spell.

I am proud that Gritter felt the need for a wizard against me in this game!

Gritter

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2007 - 13:36 Reply with quote Back to top

How are the other round 1 games coming along? 2 played so far.

Heres my match report v Pras:-

Khem chose to receive which suited me and then proceeded to pack as many people into a tight cage (8 squares out of 9 possible targets ) and i chuckled a little as each extra player joined them.

Didnt really plan on using my wiz as early as turn 2 but it was rude not to!
Before this i had DP fouled a mummy out (regenned) and the fireball KO'd another mummy.

Ball went loose as the cage disentegrated like hot cheese Razz Setting up 5 turns of glorius stalling. Attempts to surf a mummy were thwarted tho Wink

2nd half and a clean pickup saw the dodgers put up a wide screen preventing the khem getting round the back easily.
Pras then congregated his nasty guard mummies in the middle pretty much splitting my forces. After a long think i chose to go down my left flank, screening the ball carrier and trying to minimse blocks against me. 3 turn score.

Knowing the hard work was now done with khem hard pushed to score twice in 4/5 turns my lizards didnt really look to score again but defended solidly until the end when with the apoth used i tried to get my STR5 saurus out of mummy town with my BT blitzer instead of stopping the Khem ball carrier from scoring in t16. The blitzer tripped and KO'd himself tho heh, but STR5 survived the hits (yay) before Pras rolled an undeserved double 1 for the GFI score Sad

gg pras, now go bash the headz of the other teams.
Cribbleobblepie

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2007 - 13:46 Reply with quote Back to top

My Skaven team <b>Too Many Pets</b> played their first UFL game and got off to a stormer against Blaine's Norsemen. Lots of things went in our favour and Belly Monster had a casualty romp, RIPing two Norsemen with the apothecary failing on an AG4 catcher. 4-0 seems a harsh result, and I'm sure next time it won't be so one sided. Sorry again for the result Blaine, and don't worry, cause I'm sure once the rest of the leagues bashers get hold of us we'll be flat rats!

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2007 - 19:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Why would I be worried about you?

I have my soft, squishy Norsemen to be concerned about.

Crib played well and rolls went his way at several key points. I figured on losing the game but not the casualties, we'll see what fate brings us.

The Norse believe that the time and place of ones death is predetermined, the only thing that they can do is live well and fight well!

Gritter

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2007 - 11:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Clash of last seasons Finalists :-
House of Mandalore 1 - 1 Smashy Dodgers

Fortune was on my side first half as the chaos armour rolls didnt crack my saurus but my saurus punched some holes in the opposition.
Persistent fouling of the STR4 chaos warriors with DP got 2 of them off the drive, but only KO'd to return 2nd half.

It got tight at times, with Ripper Bolgrot proving a real pain in the STR battle damn him.
Eventually though the dodgers gained field position and ran in a fairly comfortable turn 8 score.

The 2nd half was a reverse. Mandalore formed a tight cage throughout making me wish i had a wizard.... and took a couple saurus off the pitch as the dodgers mounted a solid defence.
The chaos ground forward very slowly though with Coach Gritter bemoaning his lack of guard.

I had one shot at hitting the ball carrier using a 1DB chainpush to push the carrier out of the cage to be blitzed... but dice was both down then skull and the moment was gone.
PML ran in his score easily eventually in turn 8.

There was nearly a dramatic last minute win as i finally worked out how to chainpush 1 turn.... all the pushes worked and my skink was in range, he made 3 dodges through the deep chaos defence without reroll... but the 4th and last dodge snaked Sad and a draw it was.

gg PML, bit different from the final of last season aye! Wink
 Jump to: