60 coaches online • Server time: 20:23
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post New Team Page Betagoto Post Making Assassins mor...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Would you join the Stunty Spinoff Series?
Yes, I love playing stunty!
53%
 53%  [ 25 ]
Not right now, but if the Spinoff Series becomes popular, I will consider joining later on.
12%
 12%  [ 6 ]
No, as I don't have enough free time or team slots available (and possibly never will).
14%
 14%  [ 7 ]
Never! I play only with the official LRB 4.0 races.
8%
 8%  [ 4 ]
Never! I protest against the [L]eague division and member-lead groups.
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
No, because... (continued in thread reply)
6%
 6%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 47

Karhumies

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2007 - 11:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Filler replacements are done. Two fastest teams out of the 5 applicants got the spots.

I was afk for a couple of days and hope to get my own round 1 game played today or tomorrow.

goffmogg

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2007 - 11:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Well

My opponent Tati has been offline 4 days now, not answering my PM, and easter is coming up.
Could I please get an extension for the deadline?
elfstone

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2007 - 16:29 Reply with quote Back to top

i want to apologise for taking so long with my game, I had a hardcore flu that knocked my sleep schedule out of whack, finally got it done though!
phubar

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2007 - 19:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Furry little balls 2 - 3 Squigs Quickly Ingest Gobbos
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=1627454

The game started well for the Eshin of Furry Little Balls, quickly stealing the opening kickoff and taking it in for a score. After the Squig Herders of S.Q.I.G. set up deep, thinking the half was over, extra injury time let the Eshin take the ball in again, to go up 2-1 at the half. But the razor sharp teeth of the Squigs took their toll, and after the Squig Herders' ensuing touchdown, two of the Little Balls' key players were dead and only two adepts were able to take the field. Once both of those were hurt, the squig herders managed to rush into the end zone for the win, having completely cleared the field of Adepts. CAS 6/0/2 to 1/0/0, with both teams suffering a self-inflicted SI (Eshins taking a MNG on a trip, and a squig herder getting niggled by a Squig).

oops... just fouled a coach all the way out of FUMBBL... (gosh)-(darn) it!
elfstone

Post   Posted: Apr 09, 2007 - 16:21 Reply with quote Back to top

question for our most evil leader Smile, i have played tourneys where it doesnt matter which round ye play as long as ye play them all, is it the same here or do we follow the rounds to the letter? was just wondering about that cause my current opponent has been waiting about 4 days for his opponent and we could have gotten ours in fairly easily Smile
Karhumies

Post   Posted: Apr 09, 2007 - 23:10 Reply with quote Back to top

elfstone wrote:
question for our most evil leader Smile, i have played tourneys where it doesnt matter which round ye play as long as ye play them all, is it the same here or do we follow the rounds to the letter? was just wondering about that cause my current opponent has been waiting about 4 days for his opponent and we could have gotten ours in fairly easily Smile

You have to play the games in the order scheduled. Otherwise match result upload fails.

The upside of an Open Round Robin tournament (= free tournament structure you mentioned) is the flexibility: the coaches don't need time management or setting dates, as they can just pop into #GrudgeLeague and see who's online.

The downside of an Open Round Robin tournament is the huge advantage given to the "online 24/7 coaches" who play 10+ matches when others play 1-2 -> huge TR and skill difference. Coaches involved don't learn any time management skills for future purposes, either. Wink

IMO the downside weighs heavier...although I am tempted to try out an Open Round Robin in a stunty environment (=the Spinoff Series) with a small amount of rounds in the future.

Azure

Post   Posted: Apr 09, 2007 - 23:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Karhumies wrote:
elfstone wrote:

You have to play the games in the order scheduled. Otherwise match result upload fails.

The upside of an Open Round Robin tournament (= free tournament structure you mentioned) is the flexibility: the coaches don't need time management or setting dates, as they can just pop into #GrudgeLeague and see who's online.

The downside of an Open Round Robin tournament is the huge advantage given to the "online 24/7 coaches" who play 10+ matches when others play 1-2 -> huge TR and skill difference. Coaches involved don't learn any time management skills for future purposes, either. Wink

IMO the downside weighs heavier...although I am tempted to try out an Open Round Robin in a stunty environment (=the Spinoff Series) with a small amount of rounds in the future.

I can see your point (i.e. the NBL rookie tournaments). However, with only 4 teams in each division. Making each of the division open round robin would seem doable. With each person only having 3 games to play, not a how lot of difference in skills and strength. Especially, since the maximum difference is that one team has played 2 games against another teams zero games. And since I had to replace my team going into round 3, that is extactly what is going to happen anyway Smile
Karhumies

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2007 - 19:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Round 3 deadline is past!

I've granted active coaches with unfinished games extra time until the midnight (FUMBBL time) between Friday 20th and Saturday 21st. If the game's still unfinished, both teams involved receive 0 points from the round.

Playoffs will begin on Saturday.

Karhumies

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2007 - 19:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Azure: if I have ample time on my hands to handle tournaments and there are enough stunty coaches willing to join, there will be 4 team ORR divisions in future SpinOff tournaments.

Karhumies

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2007 - 11:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Playoffs are a GO! Deadline dates on the group page.

The last two R3 matches had to unfortunately be forfeited.

phubar

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2007 - 16:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmmm.... How did I manage to with Fungus Brew Division?

I went 2-0-1, with 5 TDs for (6 TDs against), and 14 CAS.

Bribe The Ref! went 3-0-0, with 5 TDs for (0 against), and 9 CAS. But they didn't get any TD or CAS points from their forfeit win in round 3.

And yet I'm ahead of them in points 22-20. Looks to me like they got no points from their forfeit win in Round 3.

14 CAS

Karhumies

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2007 - 21:22 Reply with quote Back to top

phubar wrote:
Looks to me like they got no points from their forfeit win in Round 3.

Karhumies wrote:
Round 3 deadline is past!

I've granted active coaches with unfinished games extra time until the midnight (FUMBBL time) between Friday 20th and Saturday 21st. If the game's still unfinished, both teams involved receive 0 points from the round.

Playoffs will begin on Saturday.

phubar

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2007 - 01:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Ah, ok... I got confused because you forfeited the game in Goffmog's favor, and I thought he was still active.

Guess S.Q.I.G is still locked in that tourney, then.

phubar

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2007 - 04:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, after getting eliminated from the semifinals of Dawn of Blood, S.Q.I.G. has cut to 120 TR to enter the Open Rookie Round tournament.

phubar

Post   Posted: May 02, 2007 - 17:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Squigs Quickly Ingest Gobbos 2 - 0 Stealers from Tilea
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=1666819

A tough match for the Stealers. Just when their opening drive had broken through the SQIG line, squig hooper Gzust on his trusty steed Ripanger made a Leap Blitz to knock the ball free and recover it. Trying to chase down the ball, Eshin Adept Kakis was killed in a both-down with a Squig Herder. Without an Apothecary, the rats lost the first of several deaths. To open the second half, Squig Hopper Dramb convinced his steed Ripanger to consume Eshin Adept Lapus, leaving nothing but a bloody smear on the pitch. Then, to add insult and injury to injury, Dramb and Ripanger killed Adept Lazlo on their way to the end zone for the second TD of the match.

A very rough game for the Eshins, who suffered 3 deaths and a mng in a valiant effort against the ravenous squigs.

Jump to: