17 coaches online • Server time: 04:55
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post SWL Season CIgoto Post My 1st Blackbox tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What player would you get if you won the GLT?
Dark/High Elf Lineman
14%
 14%  [ 24 ]
Longbeard / Chaos Dwarf Blocker
22%
 22%  [ 37 ]
Beastman
16%
 16%  [ 27 ]
Skink
4%
 4%  [ 7 ]
Elf Thrower
7%
 7%  [ 13 ]
Amazon Catcher
1%
 1%  [ 2 ]
Wood Elf Lineman
1%
 1%  [ 3 ]
Halfling
6%
 6%  [ 11 ]
Human Thrower
0%
 0%  [ 1 ]
Human Catcher
1%
 1%  [ 3 ]
Skaven Thrower
4%
 4%  [ 7 ]
Ghoul
0%
 0%  [ 1 ]
Goblin
3%
 3%  [ 6 ]
Orc Lineman
0%
 0%  [ 1 ]
Norse Catcher
1%
 1%  [ 2 ]
Norse Thrower
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Amazon Thrower
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Zombie
5%
 5%  [ 9 ]
Thro-Ra
1%
 1%  [ 2 ]
Something else
7%
 7%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 168

Wreckage

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2009 - 12:16 Reply with quote Back to top

and here i thought... the other thread was about, wich stunty would you take....

ah well... now it's locked....

oh well dunno the stunties anyhow... so...

pie...
WG|Dark_Angel

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2009 - 12:24 Reply with quote Back to top

With a bashing team, a HE/DE lino. With an elven team a dwarf.

Though I must say I think the bashers get the better part of the deal with the elf.
Woodstock

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2009 - 13:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Wreckage wrote:
and here i thought... the other thread was about, wich stunty would you take....

As [R] is still LRB4, picking a player from a LRB5 roster is impossible.

Anyway, I would most likely pick a longbeard for a agility team and a agility thrower for a bashy team.
propuppetmaster

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2009 - 14:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Woodstock wrote:
Wreckage wrote:

As [R] is still LRB4, picking a player from a LRB5 roster is impossible.

Anyway, I would most likely pick a longbeard for a agility team and a agility thrower for a bashy team.
it simply said any roster...which is why we have a BoN on a dwarf team and i am quite sure that when the prize was being decided, the only 'cap' was the cost of the player. Going with the whole fun of the game and allowing stunty player in seems natural instead of the 'powergamer' mentality thathas ruined the fun for most on here.
I still stick with the Chainsaw from the goblin cheaters and also feel that it would help to bridge some of the gap between LRB4 and LRB5.
Zombie69

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2009 - 15:26 Reply with quote Back to top

The tournament is only open to R teams, and R teams can only get R players. Forget about silly cheaters.
Haxtor

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2009 - 23:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Forgive me if I am way off base but how does having a chainsaw on your team every game that you don't have to hire as a star not fit into a 'powergamer' mentality.
Grabbing a stunty might be fun but grabbing one with a weapon would surely be an abuse of trying to get around hiring nobbla
SillySod

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2009 - 23:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Haxtor wrote:
Forgive me if I am way off base but how does having a chainsaw on your team every game that you don't have to hire as a star not fit into a 'powergamer' mentality.
Grabbing a stunty might be fun but grabbing one with a weapon would surely be an abuse of trying to get around hiring nobbla

Yes it would be powergaming although I doubt it would be overpowered. However this is moot since a chainsaw is not available as a prize.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
Gromrilram

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2009 - 00:05 Reply with quote Back to top

beastman mutations, block/guard on single rolls, horns to start with
skaven thrower, mv7 and if you get mutations you have an awesome player
longbeard, lasting power at its best, great support for ag teams
skink, oneturner
he thrower

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2009 - 00:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Actually a CD longbeard with the eye on LRB5 is great... getting a claw in your elf-team is nice Very Happy
KenThis

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2009 - 00:32 Reply with quote Back to top

chainsaw or not he's not going to live long
and it would be really funny
and it would be kinda keeping with the fluff that a stunty player is won for the GLT

however i still think it should stay as a ranked prize from ranked rosters.
Clementus

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2009 - 01:18 Reply with quote Back to top

For my ogre team or even lizardmen team id be very tempted by a human thrower. Starting skills and good all rounder is pretty handy and with high MA you rarely have to throw too far.

Flings Rule!
Zombie69

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2009 - 01:22 Reply with quote Back to top

But why take a human thrower when you can have a pro elf thrower, trading sure hands and AV8 for AG4 and agility access?
MadTias

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2009 - 12:15 Reply with quote Back to top

I will repost my analysis in this thread instead, my bad for not noticing it before posting the other one. Embarassed

IMHO there are only three viable options: Beastman, WE lino or Dorf/CD blocker, maybe with an OTS as an outside pick. All other players are strictly worse IMHO:

<b>Beastman</b>
Taking a Beastman brings a MA6 ST4 blitzer. That is respectable for any team and is a solid pick. As it is obvious why you would want such a player on your team, I'll just state the teams that shouldn't pick a Beastman:
* Chaos & Nurgle: Eh, they already have Beastmen.
* CD & Lizards: Already have other MA6 ST4 blitzers.
* Skaven: As this is a tourney team, we're talking high TR. At high TR, Skaven can easily make a ST4 blitzer if they want to, Horns is only a double away.

<b>WE Lino</b>
Taking a Lineelf brings an AG4 ball-carrier. If you take a WE lino the player also comes with MA7, which is higher than what many bashing teams can usually get. For this reason I'd never consider a DE or HE lino. This is a solid pick for any team that doesn't normally have access to AG4 players. I'd skill him up to Sure Hands-Blodge and then try never to gain another spp. The only teams that shouldn't pick a WE lino are Elves & Skaven for obvious reasons.

<b>Dorf</b>
Taking a Dorf brings an AV9 Thick Skull player. The only reason to pick a Dorf over a Beastman or a WE lino is if you prefer to add durability to your team. No regular player is harder to get off the field than a Dorf. I can see some races that could prefer that durability and would pick a Dorf:
* Elves & Skaven: Stick him on the LOS to protect the players that are going to win the game for you. Nevermind him being a prize, any prize player has a limited life span anyway and this gives you the most of him while he is on your team. Taunt your opponents whenever they foul him and fail to break armour. Cool Personally I'd not pick the Dorf for WE as they already have the Tree for this purpose.
* Amazons & Norse would be tempted to go with the Dorf for the same reason, but they have better use for the other picks than do Elves & Skaven. It's a matter of playstyle and personal taste and in the end I'd probably pick a Dorf for them, if only because I think it fits the fluff best.
* CD: A 7th CD blocker would actually be a great addition to the CD team.

My picks with regard to the above would be:
* Chaos, Nurgle & Lizards pick a WE lino.
* Elves, Skaven, CD, Amazons & Norse pick a Dorf (except WE, who pick a Beastman).
* Everybody else would probably pick a WE lino, but that's just me ranking it slightly higher than a Beastman. Preferences may vary.

If you want to go a little bit out of the box, you could go for adding an OTS player to teams that don't normally have access to one. This would mean a Skink for most teams, or a Goblin if you often find yourself hiring Ripper or Morg (and you aren't playing Orcs).
Reisender

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2009 - 13:16 Reply with quote Back to top

i do not understand why a goblin when you hire ripper or morg, madtias???
p4m

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2009 - 14:02 Reply with quote Back to top

to add a OT possibilty...
 Jump to: