31 coaches online • Server time: 13:13
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post Secret Stunty Cup - ...goto Post Convince a friend to...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Have you enjoyed the league so far?
Yeah. Everything's been great!
42%
 42%  [ 18 ]
Yes, although I have an issue with the redline/deadline rule
7%
 7%  [ 3 ]
Well...kinda.
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
It could be better!
7%
 7%  [ 3 ]
No. I hate it.
9%
 9%  [ 4 ]
Macavity dances with the dancing Kirbies! It's summer and everything's just great! <(^_^<) <(^_^)> (>^_^)>
30%
 30%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 42

Wyrmtainter

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2005 - 19:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Greats people, Glad to scare some of you as I join, yet I asssurrreee you that im here to have fun, like everyone...

Ok, enough kidding, im 23, from Montreal Quebec (Or Canada for unknowledgeable outsiders). Thats GMT -5.

Im playing BB since the 1st Ed, being in Roleplayer games since im 8 and always been a football fan, when the game came out, mixing both sides i was w00t O.o...and since then i lost my life.
Been commissionary of a 32 coach league over 2 years in the 3rd Ed, tabletop league, with lots of weird house rules...

As for an occupation, I have none right now, but gonna start soon enough, nothing really interesting for you to know, but if you'd like, in customer services for Bell Canada (which have the monopole of phone lines in Canada). Yes, me, the grumpy Wyrmtainter is doing customer services, since 2 years in fact, so maybe now some understand why im shitting on noobs that comes with lousy questions like "What is Bribe the Ref2?" Very Happy
bloodelf

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2005 - 19:55 Reply with quote Back to top

a: 25 in october
b: edinburgh, scotland which is gmt
c: played a little since 2nd ed. enjoyed dungeonbowl alot but only started to play regularly when i joined fumbbl
d: studying music tech
the_bug

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2005 - 12:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanx again for the great topic Karhumies!

Well...
It seems I really am the youngest in here. I'm *sigh* 17 and go to high school so that is my "occupation".
I live in Finland (GMT +2) just like Karhumies does and in the town of Joensuu (near the Russian border).

Karhumies somehow managed to get me to play BB tabletop and I played some matches and basically learned the rules.
Then I changed to Fumbbl and as you can see <- I haven't been here very long. I've been more active in the summer (no studying Smile ).
I like to play unranked and hope more people would play U too. It's really though to find an opponent sometimes.
So that's it for me. I look forward to seeing you guys in a bloodish GL match!
Karhumies

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2005 - 13:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Hehe. Everyone familiar to the tabletop and tabletop leagues is looking for a nice match of blood bowl. Wink

Habeli

Post   Posted: Aug 12, 2005 - 10:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Ahh finally I made it this far... öh I mean found this topic Very Happy

uh oh I'm 18-year-old finnish who got involved to this HERECY called Blood Bowl when a friend asked me to join a tournament
(which has never been finished) about 2½ years ago, can't say for sure Smile and it took me severa months to start Fumbbling
and I have had a net access less than 6 months now... friends are happier now that i'm off from their corners :lol

I have this virtue (or vice...) to infect my BB addiction to other people, like Karhumies, and those that introduced BB to me
are now regretting from the bottom of their hearts, because they have created "a monster" as they say.

and now to serious stuff:

Sex: Male
Year of birth: 1987

Favorite race: Goblin Mr. Green "who could have guessed???"
Playing style: Rather savage, still fair... usually
Lander

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2005 - 09:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Greetings to all Grudge League coaches!

I'm new in FUMBBL. Having played no more than 3 games yet but long time fan of TT Bloodbowl. Began playing abt. 10 years ago 1st and 2nd edition. (I remember and cherish those old yellow starplayer and reddish compendium books. Times when you could kick instead of blocking. Ahh... Those were the gooood times.) Playing style is very "sportsmanlike". I do found myself sometimes (read: often) cursing my frequent bad luck and/or wrong decisions...
I enjoy Bloodbowl very much but have only played against my friends. Now that I'm here I try to be the best I can be but still have fun!

Then other statistics:
Sex: Male
Birthdate:17/05/1976 making me currently 29 year old(ish).
Current place of residence: Helsinki, Finland (Timezone GMT+2 FUMBBL+1)
Current employer: Elisa Oyj (the telephone company)
Height: Not enough
Weight: Too much
Eyes: in the head
Hair: thinning rapidly

Lander
Grudge League Member/Staff
Join/Kick Supervisor
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2005 - 15:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok I am a bloodbowl addicted. I think so at least. I started on tabletop maybe 30 games and never understood why my friends were so fan of that "FUMBBL". pfff Just to play online crap O_o

Ho Ho stupid me. One game and... over.... addicted.

Now I run myself tournaments, are forum poster number 1, play mostely U but get occasionnal R games (a few) loves Ladder.

I also play some on francebloodbowl. Yes I am french. So I have good taste. I play basketball, my favourite sport (favourite players: Allen Iverson and Dwayne Wade). I am 26.

What can I add? I studyed pure maths then become teacher, then learned how a bunch of 14 year old kids are then left and now became statistician (applied maths so).
Yeah I am not flawless. I love maths.....

Oh and a I love to WIN. (Soren, I will take revenge)

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2005 - 19:53 Reply with quote Back to top

sk8bcn wrote:
Oh and a I love to WIN. (Soren, I will take revenge)

Cool

Soren - Back Judge, The Reformed Church of Nuffle
BiggieB

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2005 - 17:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Well All eyez on me then. A fresh blood bowler found this site in february 2005 when I joined up and played me first games. Nowdays I seemelf as a below avarage player with above average luck. Somehow I ended up as an swedish approver. Me origin is hungarian but I leve in sweden so my time is BB time simple.

For a living I study math at Stockholm university. I´ve been studiyng everything from numerical analysis to analysis and are now studying Intermediate courses of Statistical Inference and Probability Theory.

Other then that I like to drink and to play football with me m8tys

cheers

Mr B
BiggieB

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2005 - 17:54 Reply with quote Back to top

yer and I am 22 atm
elvisdeadly

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2005 - 18:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

Hi My name is ren and I have a problem

i can see that by looking at your avatar your problems will only begin when you are crushed at the stadium of light tonight (01/10/05) Twisted Evil
Patrician

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2005 - 03:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi Gents,

Thought I'd introduce myself. I'm an Australian living in Melbourne, and been a member of FUMBBL only since September 2005. I did play BB a long time ago, and thanks to the convenience and community at FUMBBL was lured back into the fold. I have played Elves before, but mostly Dark and High, so Woodies will be a new experience. I really like the idea of elves backed up by a monster of a Tree.

Other than Grudge, I have a Fairy team in the 'Leage of Heroic Failure'; I just couldn't resist. Of the stunty teams, they seem the less bashy and cheaty and ST1 is such a challenge. I also have a Skaven team in the Royal Rookie Rumble, yet to have their first match.

I'm a public servant in the State Government here, and enjoy gaming, music, Terry Pratchett and annoying my cat Zeus.

Anyway, looking forward to getting to know the other members, and can't wait to start playing.

Cheers,

Patrician.
Karhumies

Post   Posted: Oct 05, 2005 - 13:02 Reply with quote Back to top

To all the new coaches:

Welcome to the league! I hope you all enjoy your stay and get to play lots of exciting matches. Smile

ElGuappo

Post   Posted: Oct 11, 2005 - 23:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Big hello to my new fellow Grudge Leaguers (is that a word?) thought i should introduce myself.

Im 26 and English (so GMT fro me) been playing on Fumbbl for a few months and I am as addicted as the rest of you. IRL I work in Technical Support for the BBC, which I am kinda loath to say cos my actual teccy knowledge is awful, all you need is google really Wink

I've not played in any tourneys here yet and dont class myself as a very good player at all. So I look forward to being trounced by y'all in this league as i try to steepen my learning curve Razz

Spanish speakers please ignore the arrogance of my nickname, I got it from the 3 Amigos (Steve Martin movie) and honestly did not know the meaning. Having said that it is fairly accurate Wink

Post   Posted: Oct 12, 2005 - 13:00 Reply with quote Back to top

ElGuappo wrote:
Big hello to my new fellow Grudge Leaguers (is that a word?) thought i should introduce myself.

It does sound like a word to me. Smile

ElGuappo wrote:
I've not played in any tourneys here yet and dont class myself as a very good player at all. So I look forward to being trounced by y'all in this league as i try to steepen my learning curve Razz

The steepness of the curve will definitely be up to Mr. Nuffle. We got some veteran FUMBBLers who have been around ever since the beginning of the Grudge League (=high TR teams), as well as many new players with TR 100 teams like you are. Some of the new players are tournament veterans who recently got more Unranked slots, some are tabletop players new to FUMBBL (and possibly new to IRC as well) and yet some others are new to Blood Bowl in all forms and trying to learn the ways in which the JavaBB client as well as the FUMBBL site operate.

Anyway, welcome aboard! I am hoping to see you amongst the large amount of regulars on our group channel, #grudgeleague Smile

Jump to: