15 coaches online • Server time: 04:34
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post GIF Guide
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
solahma

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2006 - 09:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Just need a couple more coaches to enter teams so that the AFA can expand to 2 Divisions so if you think you can fit another couple of BB games in a week and are looking for a hopefully long running League then give the Albion Fumbbl Association a look at the link below

solahma

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2006 - 11:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome to andersm73
We now have 6 teams waiting so I'm going to start the Championship even though it will be short 2 teams
This is not ideal I know as it means that Championship teams will not be entered for the cup compertitions but it just means that you will have to fight to get into the Premiership
As I say not ideal but at least you can start to play some games and if you know of anyone looking for a League push them in the direction of the AFA
Also if you are reading this then the AFA only requires 1 more team for a full 2 Division roster and then all teams will be entered for the AFA League cup and The AFA Cup so if you think you can spare us a couple of games a week then give us a look at the link below Very Happy

solahma

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2006 - 12:30 Reply with quote Back to top

OK folks the fixtures for the first season of the AFA Championship are up

solahma

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2006 - 10:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Good to see the AFA Championship up and running
Still looking for a couple of Coaches to join the AFA so that I can get my teams out and be a totally impartiail Commish
So if you think you have what it takes join at the link below

andersm73

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2006 - 11:42 Reply with quote Back to top

First AFA Championship Result - Ashen Coast Slayers 2 - Praag Park Rangers 1.

Here's my match report from the game for those that are interested.

In a hard fought yet good spirited game, the Ashen Coast Slayers ran out 2-1 winners. Rangers were punished by a couple of turnovers, double skull in first half and a failed pass in the second with Ublinski (thrower) and one of the catchers failing to complete, both times the Slayers punished the error taking a 2-0 lead. Late on in the second half it looked like the Slayers were in position to extend the lead, a failed pass though left the door open for the Rangers to pass for a consolation TD.

The outstanding player for the Rangers this match has to be Tog Legbreaker the Ogre, for starters he scared the pants off my opponent Smile, more than this though I don't think he failed a bonehead roll all game, throwing 11 Blocks causing 2 Cas in the first half, he also caught the ball from a kickoff result and rushed for 6 Smile.

Anyway, really enjoyed the game, the Slayers played well against superior numbers most of the game , winning comfortably in the end. Rangers are hoping for a chance at payback in one of the upcoming cup events!! Smile
solahma

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2006 - 12:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the match report andersm73
Yes we are interested it is these reports and the build up of grudges and compertition between players and Coaches that make a league come alive
Heres hopeing for a long and happy run for the AFA

solahma

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2006 - 12:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I will of course be updating the stat's round by round now that we have the two Divisions running in the AFA their will be stat's for the Premiership and the Championship plus an overall AFA stat list
It is the overall AFA stat lists that are the list's which will be used for the purposes of deciding entry into the AFA Hall Of Fame

solahma

Post   Posted: Feb 22, 2006 - 23:25 Reply with quote Back to top

AFA Championship Rd1
MW Warriors 2 V Gobnificent Eleven 0

As the Goblins were herded onto the field by their minders and all the exits were blocked a look of resigned determination came over their faces
Facing them were the Dark Elves of MW Warriors it looked like a walk over for the D Elves and to be honest it was
The 2-0 score line does not do justice to the Warriors who had some bad luck on their passing
The Gobnificent Eleven played like a typical all Gobbo team rushing round trying to gang up on the ball carrier to make a block and falling over .....................a lot Very Happy
The 2 injuries to the little fellows were both inflicted by failed dodges with no serious casualties coming from the Warriors blocking
Now that all the Gobbos have been caught we can look forward to the next outing and you never know they might even keep hold of the ball for longer than a turn

What steinerp had to say on the game :
The elves walked in to the stadium confident of a victory. Then they saw their oppenents. A horde of goblins. Garry refused take part in such a sham, however the elves went to work making sure the gobbos were set packing. Although the elves did well beating up the goblins their ball handling skills left something to be desired dropping a number of passes. The Warriors have promised to having those problems solved when they face the harder hitting, but undermanned, Ashen Coast Slayers.

solahma

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2006 - 11:55 Reply with quote Back to top

OK a few more games have been played now so here is the updated AFA stat lines
Again their will be no Foul stat table as I have decided to take this out of the stats that make up the AFA Hall of Fame

COMPLETED PASSES
1 Fhurne(ACS) - 3
=2 Ed(MWW) - 2
=2 Melanie(MWW) - 2
=4 Amohel(ACS) - 1
=4 Theros(ELT) - 1
=4 Jousting(ELT) - 1
=4 Xnaurl Skulltosser(G-S) - 1
=4 Gabe(MWW) - 1
=4 Susan(MWW) - 1
=4 Anna(MWW) - 1
=4 Garyth Oneilien(PBBC) - 1
Fyodor Ublinskih(PPR) - 1

TOUCHDOWNS
1 Skreep Shadowthong(WW) - 2
=2 Fhurne(ACS) - 1
=2 Amohel(ACS) - 1
=2 Naguk Gutrender(G-S) - 1
=2 Hrolkug Facesmasher(G-S) - 1
=2 Wulfgar Forgehammer(IO) - 1
=2 Boris Longbomb(MW) - 1
=2 Mori Greyhammer(MW) - 1
=2 Mohammed(MWW) - 1
=2 Jon(MWW) - 1
=2 Dorris Dare(OPC) - 1
=2 Spiteful Spanky(OPC) - 1
=2 Meek Mertle(OPC) - 1
=2 Evgeniy Veremeev(PPR) - 1
=2 Lavel Fireheart(SW) - 1

INTERCEPTIONS
1 Spiteful Spanky(OPC) - 2
2 "Gappy" Darksdeep(IO) - 1

CASUALTIES CAUSED
=1 Gomatug Eyegouger(G-S) - 2
=1 Gravel Wishsteel(IO) - 2
=1 Sergie Wolverine(MW) - 2
=1 Liz(MWW) - 2
=1 Tog Legbreaker(PPR) - 2
=1 BoneSplita(WW) - 2
=7 Jon(MWW) - 1
=7 Dorris Dare(OPC) - 1
=7 Ed(MWW) - 1
=7 Dagr Grogswiller(IO) - 1
=7 Igor Nightshade(MW) - 1
=7 Darren(MWW) - 1
=7 Mike(MWW) - 1
=7 Bob Backwards(OPC) - 1
=7 Fabis Fleetfoot(SW) - 1
=7 Skrich Longbomb(WW) - 1
=7 thruk Vilerot(WW) - 1

MVP
=1 Darren(MWW) - 1
=1 Spiteful Spanky(OPC) - 1
=1 Skreep Shadowthong(WW) - 1
=1 Mahael(ACS) - 1
=1 Death Rain Flyer(ELT) - 1
=1 Mek-Quake(GE) - 1
=1 Smegugh Bonesnapper(G-S) - 1
=1 Malachite Quartz(IO) - 1
=1 Vladimir Flamestrike(MW) - 1
=1 Brianoldur Prisketoll(PBBC) - 1
=1 Mihail Oitser(PPR) - 1
=1 Robert Twigbreed(SW) - 1

PASS DISTANCE(in Human paces)
=1 Fhurne(ACS) - 40
=1 Amohel(ACS) - 40
=1 Fyodor Ublinskih(PPR) - 40
4 Garyth Oneilien(PBBC) - 25
=5 Ed(MWW) - 15
=5 Gabe(MWW) - 15

RUSH DISTANCE(in Human paces)
1 Fhurne(ACS) - 115
2 Xnaurl Skulltosser(G-S) - 105
3 Skreep Shadowthong(WW) - 95
4 Dorris Dare(OPC) - 90
5 Fyodor Ublinskih(PPR) - 85

BLOCKS THROWN
=1 Tog Legbreaker(PPR) - 11
=1 Piotr Blackstorm(MW) - 11
=1 Gomatug Eyegouger(G-S) - 11
=4 Malachite Quartz(IO) - 10
=4 Mard Stoneflint(IO) - 10
=4 Dolemite Diamond(IO) - 10

And we have 1 potential AFA Hall Of Famer already
Fhurne of the Ashen Coast Slayers is number 1 in
COMPLETED PASSES
PASS DISTANCE
RUSH DISTANCE
Can he keep up this good run of form or will someone else out pace him

solahma

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2006 - 11:18 Reply with quote Back to top

OK folks new day new stats page
So lets see who the movers and shakers are in the AFA

COMPLETED PASSES
1 Fhurne(ACS) - 3
=2 Kassaa(ELT) - 2
=2 Ed(MWW) - 2
=2 Melanie(MWW) - 2
=2 Garyth Oneilien(PBBC) - 2

TOUCHDOWNS
=1 Jousting(ELT) - 2
=1 ELT(ELT) - 2
=1 Spiteful Spanky(OPC) - 2
=1 Skreep Shadowthong(WW) - 2

INTERCEPTIONS

CASUALTIES CAUSED
=1 Liz(MWW) - 2
=1 Tog Legbreaker(PPR) - 2
=1 BoneSplita(WW) - 2

MVP
=1 Smegugh Bonesnapper(G-S) - 2

PASS DISTANCE(In Human paces)
1 Garyth Oneilien(PBBC) - 60
=2 Fhurne(ACS) - 40
=2 Amohel(ACS) - 40
=2 Svetoslavariel Todorovireth(PBBC) - 40
=2 Fyodor Ublinskih(PPR) - 40

RUSH DISTANCE(In Human paces)
1 Xnaurl Skulltosser(G-S) - 185
2 Jousting(ELT) - 165
3 Dorris Dare(OPC) - 125
=4 Garyth Oneilien(PBBC) - 115
=4 Fhurne(ACS) - 115

BLOCKS THROWN
1 Dorris Dare(OPC) - 19
2 Gomatug Eyegouger(G-S) - 18
=3 Naguk Gutrender(G-S) - 17
=3 Abghat Manslayer(G-S) - 17
=5 Mazhug Elfsplitter(G-S) - 16
=5 Vlorg Dwarfstomper(G-S) - 16

We have a new AFA Hall Of Fame hopeful
Spiteful Spanky of the Oelgoel Petting Crew who is leading the way in
TOUCHDOWNS
MVP's
INTERCEPTIONS

And the Orc's of Grue-some look like they want to make the Block table all their own Surprised

solahma

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2006 - 21:39 Reply with quote Back to top

AFA Championship Rd2
Praag Park Rangers 1 V Gobnificent Eleven 0

We now go over to our match summarisers <b>Garry Lineorcer</b> and <b>Allan Handsom</b>
<b>GL</b> - Well here we are at the match between the Humans of Praag Park Rangers and the Goblins of the Gobnificent Eleven and on paper it looks like a walkover for the Humans

<b>AH</b> - That's right Garry but I caught a look at the Gobbo's as they were pushed out onto the field by the team minders and I can tell you they had a real look of determination about them although it might have had something to do with the Fungus Ale that the minders were pouring down their necks

<b>GL</b> - Yes Alan the Gobbo's did look determined to prove something in this game and in the first half they certainly contained the Humans of PPR with neither team able to gain control of the ball and make anything of it

<b>AH</B> - Right Garry things started well for the Gobbo's when An enthusiastic fan took out one of the PPR players with a rock and then as you say neither team managed to take control of the game

<b>GL</b> - So solahma the Gobbo's coach must have been the happier man at half time as he put his players back in their cage and poked them with a sharp stick to get them fired up for the second half

<b>AH</b> - Yes and that stick must have been pretty sharp as the Gobbo's came out in the second half and took control of the ball from the PPR kick off and managed to form a cage around the ball carrier

<b>GL</b> - But then the PPR players responded and moved up on the Gobbo cage to try and pin it down

<b>AH</b> - True Garry but the Gobbos used their small stature to good effect to move around the Human players and carry on with the ball down field still with the cage formation intact

<b>GL</b> - Thats right Alan but the PPR players managed to defend well enough to force the Gobbo's out onto their right wing and eventually caught the ball carrier as he tried to slip through and the ball popped free

<b>AH</b> - Yes Garry and once they had control of the ball they sent a long pass downfield and put the ball beyond the Gobbo's reach and ran in for the Touchdown and boy did those PPR players look relieved to get a score on the board

<b>GL</b> - They sure did Alan so the final score was 1-0 to the Praag Park Rangers but I think both Coaches can take something away from this match so till next time this is Garry Lineorcer and Alan Handsom saying goodnight

<b>AH</b> - Goodnight

By the way folks please feel free to use <b>Garry Lineorcer</b> and <b>Allan Handsom</b> as well as the touchline reporter<b>John Mootson</b> in your match reports as they are on an exclusive contract to the AFA

Last edited by solahma on %b %26, %2006 - %12:%Feb; edited 1 time in total
andersm73

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2006 - 22:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Praag Park Rangers 1 - Gobnificent Eleven 0 Match Report

Rangers were glad to leave the pitch 1-0 victors after a less than inspiring performance. Gobbo team played well and actually outbashed Rangers in the first half, causing a BH to one of the blitzers, which I declined to use the apo for in case an SI or RIP came along later in the match.
Started the second half with a retaliatory rock thrown by the Rangers fans, fungus beer must have been going down well with the 68K strong crowd. With scoreline at 0-0 and down to 9 players with gobbos recieving the kickoff, losing to the gobbos looked like it had real potential!!
Gobbos started the drive by forming a cage, so Rangers put as many men around it as possible with a blitz into it, failing to knock over the gobbo concerned. Gobbos then calmly all made their dodge rolls and reformed the cage further down the pitch, this was repeated again and I couldn't see it being stopped!! Fortunately once inside my half I was able to fling two more bodies into the press around the cage, which was now right upto the sideline, extra pressure paid off as the ball carrier tried to dodge out from the cage and failed one of the rolls with the ball popping free. Managed to clear the gobbos from around the ball, pick it up and passed to a catcher I had moved deep down field, made the pass with a reroll but failed the catch. Luckily no gobbo was in reach of the ball so the downfield catcher was able to pick it up and walk in for the TD next turn.

The gobbos proved far more competetitive than I had thought they would be, they are tough to knock down with their dodge skill and impossible to keep pinned. Think the Gobnificent Eleven can feel aggrieved not to have claimed at least a point out of the game, where as I was nearly hanging up my boots in shame Smile.

Rangers have made a new signing on the back of this game, Nikolai Nazimko a new Blitzer has been added to hopefully strengthen the squad and put an end once and for all to being outbashed by goblins!!
solahma

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2006 - 12:15 Reply with quote Back to top

OK folks more results in so time to update the stat lines

COMPLETED PASSES
=1 Fyodor Ublinskih(PPR) - 3
=1 Fhurne(ACS) - 3
=3 Garyth Oneilien(PBBC) - 2
=3 Ed(MWW) - 2
=3 Melanie(MWW) - 2
=3 Kassaa(ELT) - 2

TOUCHDOWNS
=1 Jousting(ELT) - 2
=1 Skreep Shadowthong(WW) - 2
=1 Evgeniy Veremeev(PPR) - 2
=1 ELT(ELT) - 2

INTERCEPTIONS

CASUALTIES CAUSED
=1 BoneSplita(WW) - 2
=1Tog Legbreaker(PPR) - 2
=1 Liz(MWW) - 2

MVP
=1 Smegugh Bonesnapper(G-S) - 2

PASS DISTANCE(in Human paces)
1 Fyodor Ublinskih(PPR) - 90
2 Garyth Oneilien(PBBC) - 60
=3 Fhurne(ACS) - 40
=3 Amohel(ACS) - 40
=3 Svetoslavariel Todorovireth(PBBC) - 40

RUSH DISTANCE(in Human paces)
1 Xnaurl Skulltosser(G-S) - 185
2 Jousting(ELT) - 165
3 Dorris Dare(OPC) - 125
=4 Garyth Oneilien(PBBC) - 115
=4 Fhurne(ACS) - 115

BLOCKS THROWN
1 Boris Yafarov(PPR) - 20
2 Dorris Dare(OPC) - 19
3 Gomatug Eyegouger(G-S) - 18
=4 Naguk Gutrender(G-S) - 17
=4 Abgat Manslayer(G-S) - 17

So with the shifting of the fates we see that Spiteful Spanky of OPC is the only AFA Hall Of Fame potential with number 1 slots in
MVP
INTERCEPTIONS
TOUCHDOWNS

solahma

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2006 - 12:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello everybody reading this I'm here begging again
The AFA is looking for a Coach to join up to replace a Coach who has dropped out
The AFA comprises of 2 leagues the Premiership and Championship which are run on a round robin system with promotion/relegation for the top/bottom 2 teams at the end of the season
The AFA also runs 2 knockout Cup competitions The AFA League Cup so called because it is run while the AFA leagues are running and the the most prizes cup the AFA Cup which is run when the league's have finished
Once all this is done the new season will start with the Charity Shield played between the winner of the last Premiership and the AFA Cup and then all the fun and madness starts again
So if you have a rookie [u]nranked team sat about looking for a league then give the AFA a look at the link below
OK had a quick look at thing and will even accept teams up to TR 120 to take this spot as other teams have played games

solahma

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2006 - 21:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome to j3r3my and his team Thunder Rumble he will be taking the place of the Beastie Rats in the Premiership

The AFA is still looking for more Coaches to expand the number of divisions so if you have a spare [u]nranked team with a TR of less than 120 lying around and can spare a couple of matches a week why not give the AFA a try at the link below

Jump to: