26 coaches online • Server time: 02:19
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post SWL Season CIgoto Post My 1st Blackbox tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
p4m

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2009 - 09:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Rijssiej wrote:
spelledaren wrote:
Rijssiej wrote:

Bored Supercomputer vs Naganders Nightmares
Strong orcs vs not so strong orcs, the only mirror match of this qualifier. Obviously the orcs win.
Result: 1-0 Actual result: 1-0

round 2

Bored Supercomputer vs Extraordinary Brotherhood
A battle of the bashers. The orcs have set aside some other orcs in the first round but did get little winnings so there is not much they can get for this game against the strongest (highest TS) chaos team on fumbbl. The chaos will show the orcs what real bashers are like.
Result: 1-2

Nice one with my first game, but I shall prevail! Somehow...would have been nice with a wizard.

thx, and I wish you best of luck as I hope you beat them chaos. Smile
As, even though I have picked against you, I am also a member of the Extraordinary Brotherhood 'I hate your team list'. Wink

i 2nd this gl and hurt them *cough* Twisted Evil
Melmoth

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2009 - 13:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Gitzbang wrote:

Krautrock (285 / 259 High Elves coached by Melmoth) vs Drunk on Drins (282 / 232 Orcs coached by Enar)
Two major forces facing of first round already. High Elves bring an impressive record vs Orcs, some nasty agility updates and lots of annoying blodgers, but they lack a strip baller. The Orcs on the other hand are more geared towards taking out bashers and even though they have money for huge stars and wiz support only feature two tacklers. Both coaches know exactly how to handle themselves, so this one will be decided by a lot of luck ... gotta be going with the Krautrock out of pure sympathy.
Krautrock 2 : 1 Drunk on Drinks
Actual Result: Krautrock 3 : 3 Drunk on Drinks (Overtime) Krautrock win the Cointoss

Man how exciting this was....
Calcium

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2009 - 15:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Synn wrote:
Warpstone Open IV - Qualifier VIII

This time, there will be blood.........

Maharak_Dead_Boys Vs. Surgical Strike

Two teams that would clearly prefer not to use a ball on the pitch, this match reeks of disaster to anyone looking for solid positioning and ball play. Undead vs. Khemri is a tough match for undead usually, but especially when their ghouls and wights suck. In this case, their ghouls and wights suck. This is a match that could go either way and will be heavily dependent on luck, particularly with regeneration. Seeing a Count vs. Ramtut match is always enjoyable. In the event of a toss-up, just count the DPs...

Winner: Surgical Strike 2-1 OT

ACTUAL SCORE 2-1 win : Surgical strike

Match report

Well, Synn got the score right, but I didn't need OT to finish off the dead boys. My dice were very kind indeed, killing a mummy to a straight block summed up the game my end. An entirely differnt game next time, against a bunch of clawed up rats!

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2009 - 17:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Warpston Open IV Week #2
Milford Dubblebags: Altdorf Gazette

Camp Victory
Camp Victory is all in a Buzz this week as the "stars" have all arrived as the Human teams have opened up the purse strings and are hiring the services of these bruisers of the pitch. The stars have been scene all over the camp having autograph signings and public apperances, raking in the cash on the side from wealthy merchants hiring them on for 2 hour promotion stints.
The camp is still in good spritis as the Lavino Fighting Hellfishes, German Boneheads, Konkret and Blood Sea Buccaneers all advanced to the next round(s). Some of the losing teams packed up and left the last few days and we saw the Nuln Alley Cats, Rivertown Rogues, Springfield Atoms,Twin Peaks Police Department and American Scotts all get "bumped" in the opening rounds.

One of the interesting side storiescoming out of Victory is the bitching and moaning of Griff Oberwald. It seems no teams want to hire out his services and he is stuck doing 2 hour promotions to make some cash. He is getting so desperate to get in on the action he is willing to play for 1/2 cost just to get the "juices" going. Well we will have to see if any of the teams take Griff up on his offer. The Mighty Zug seems to be the "hot" star around camp and is making out like a bandit.

Taking in the sights
Well I hired a guide to take me into Skavenblight over the weekend and checked out the other venues and caught some games from the other qualifiers. The Open this year is all excitement and it seems the fans are really into this years competiton. The level of play across the board is top notch and the number of fans in attendance is suprising. As I walked through the crowded streets I ate some of the local flair, the Rat Burger on the corner of pestilance and agony is top notch. Stay away from the green stew that the local street vendors are "hawking" as a local favorite, I was in the "john" for 2 hours afterwards. The streets at night are devoid of all the Blood Bowl fans as they go back to the surface to party in side their own "towns" of fans.

Iam looking forward to a great second round of action from the Open and will be reporting the news as it comes in.
PainState

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2009 - 17:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Warpston Open IV Qualifier #2
Competitive Eaters 417/318 Jack Daniels VS Tough Guardians 261/206 Hakator

The Last of the second matches is set for qualifier #2 and its a classic dwarf pile up on the pitch. This match has it all Blood Bowl fans. A Temple Guardian, A Beast of Nurgle and a Grandfathered Ogre. PLUS as a added benefit maybe a death roller, a berserk star troll slayer, maybe a rune master will show up and last but not least the pure excitement of caging! This match has it all Blood Bowl fans, not even Barnum and his famous circus has as many Big Guys as these dwarf teams can field, Some would say its not natural for dwarves. So we await the start time for this epic slugfest to take place. The big stroy heading into this game is can the Eaters start playing like the elite team that they think they are, last couple of games they look like a bunch of over the hill has beens who cant figure out what the hell is going on. They are in a really bad spot right now when it comes to execution on the pitch. On the other side of the pitch Marcus the Mega Star Blitzer proved to me that he has the stuff of legends. Taking his team on his back in OT in the opening round and punching in the game winner. Can he continue to impress and take downt the Eaters and enter the realm of the Legends?

Pick: Eaters over the Guardians in a close fought affair that will go into OT. Final Score 2-1
Eaters take this one 2-0 as the Guardians could not get any traction against the Eaters and just get ground down.
Money Line:
Eaters (F) 190-130 Legends (UD)

Last edited by PainState on %b %15, %2009 - %21:%Jan; edited 2 times in total
Emphasy

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2009 - 17:43 Reply with quote Back to top

I also miss my 2nd round game in the same qualifier Painstate:) but Rami keep dodging me:)
PainState

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2009 - 17:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok Emphasy I will send Miflord on a spec mission to try to dig up the dirt on why the Det Sker have gone in Dodge mode and reveal to the masses this underhanded tactic.

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2009 - 00:42 Reply with quote Back to top

WO IV Qualifier IV predictions

Round 3

Higgis Haubencenter (Wood Elf, 273/245, coached by TheCount) vs Fun With Goats (Chaos, 274/241, coached by Synn)

A good old Wood Elf - Chaos game. Two very good teams in the hands of good coaches. No handicaps and a lot of money to be spent. It will all depend on the wizard of the wood elves and the bashing play of the chaos. I think the wizard in combination of the ag6 with a oneturner as back-up will give the Wood elves the win. If it goes to overtime though, the chaos will get the upper hand.

Higgis Haubencenter - Fun with Goats: 3-1.
Actual Result: 2-1.

Romulan Star Empire (Skaven, 266/247, coached by Rijssiej) vs Democracia (Chaos, 280/224, coached by Wop)

Both teams have a lot of money to spend and I guess we will see two wizards and some stars. Normally the skaven should get more out of their wizard than the chaos, so I give them the most chance to win. But the game for the skaven isn't only about winning, they also need to have enough players to play Synn or to be less bashed up than the Wood elves in the final. Let's see what this gives, should be a cool game.

Romulan Star Empire - Democracia: 3-1.
Actual result: 1-2. (12 cas against the skaven!)

Result for second round predictions: 3/3 winners correct. Again no right results. One game already played.

Last edited by Fanatic on %b %25, %2009 - %00:%Jan; edited 4 times in total
rami

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2009 - 01:01 Reply with quote Back to top

HA !!!

I have nothing but laughter to spare for your silly and childish banter Emphasy!!!

as regards to you Painstate, I would've loved to think that my AMAZING display in the 1. round, would have you reevaluate your opinion of my chances. But your refusal to open your eyes only empowers my motivation to win even more!!!

Painstate was wrong the first time around, why should he be right now?? Let the record state that I will wipe the floor with Emphasy, and hey while I'm at it, The Eaters can bring it too....... OOHHH YEAHH

(This statement is for entertainment purposes only. The views and opinions expressed therein are those of the posters "No-One-On-The-Forum-Have-Swagger-Like-Me"-persona and do not necessarily represent the views and opinions of the actual person/coach Rami, nor any of his teams or players)
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2009 - 01:35 Reply with quote Back to top

rami wrote:
Painstate was wrong the first time around, why should he be right now?? Let the record state that I will wipe the floor with Emphasy, and hey while I'm at it, The Eaters can bring it too....... OOHHH YEAHH

I humbly remember you that between you and the Eaters stand nine proud humans.

MY humans. You know, the ones who won the same second round you are clearly scared to even play.
Twisted Evil

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2009 - 02:15 Reply with quote Back to top

What's the rules for opponents that refuse to play eachother?
Synn

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2009 - 02:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Bannage from tourneys.....

Probably.

__Synn
p4m

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2009 - 04:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Synn wrote:

Probably.

__Synn

hopefully
SillySod

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2009 - 04:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Uh, yeah... if you do not play a tournament game then you get banned unless you have a very good reason not to play the game. As far as I know no-one has ever come up with an acceptable reason other than that their opponent was impossible to get hold of.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
PurpleChest

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2009 - 04:17
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Quote:
Synn wrote:

Probably.

__Synn

hopefully

Definately