46 coaches online • Server time: 17:27
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post RNG speculationsgoto Post Inscription JBL Sais...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Karhumies

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2005 - 20:00 Reply with quote Back to top

BTW, as someone actually read the stuff written on my team page, I decided to translate even the rest of it into English.

The fluff story has now got an ending:
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=145333

wizkid

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2005 - 21:20 Reply with quote Back to top

A new Superstar seems to rise: Flo! He did a Hattrick (3 TDs) and one casualty in only one game. Really a great talent! Watch out all you wannabee superstars out there for Mr. Fantastico!!! http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=648936

PS: Sorry, but i´m VERY PROUD of my little boy Very Happy

So the points are:
Dauntless Dwellers 11 : 2 Moots Mighty Meatball Munchers
Zebaoth

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2005 - 23:09 Reply with quote Back to top

[quote="Odi"]The whole idea of the tournament is to have fun, it's not an ultra competitive tourney, like most people think. It's about fun, whacky stupid playes that might pay off or end up in dead flings. So let's just have a fun tourney and not start arguing if it was fair or not. It's a stunty tournament for crying out loud. And what's even more important, it's Peikko's tournament so he can run it anyway he pleases, if you want a tournament to be run exactly the way you would like to, create your own tournaments.

Stop taking it seriously and enjoy the game.
[quote]

Amen.
Lets just have some fun.
if anyone of my halflings survive this I will think of him as a starplayer.
So block me, kick me, foul me and call me names I don't care, it's just a game.
peikko

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2005 - 08:18 Reply with quote Back to top

DonKosak wrote:
The fluff of this tournament is four lines on the tournament page stating:

Sorry if I took it too granded everybody would understand what the fluff of the tournament is. As some might note, the name "Wanna Be a Stunty Star" is parody of shows like Wanna Be Super Model, American Idol, Deal, Survivor, you name it, when you turn on television nowadays and browse channels, theres almost every time one of them on. One of the lines state this will be about survival and wits which clearly points out to use your opportunities when some are given. This should have been easy tip to use stunty leeg teams moved to unranked. I even gave another hint when people asked about it, making it noted that question was seen, but I decided not to give clear answer to that. That should have made you think harder and look for this obvious clue.

Quote:
I can't see how this "fluff" complies with rules-straining.

As it goes, there is no rules straining. Submitted teams were 100% what they were asked to be and went with tournament and Fumbbl rules.

Quote:
If it really is fluffy and serves the purpose of the tournament to strain the rules, then I think I'll submit my halflings for another tourney too, where I can get to play my first match against a battered halfling team who can field only 3 players. Then one of my halflings can get a lot of spp's and I can get a high score in round 1... Nothing in this setup is against the rules for round nr. 1 stated on the tourney page:

In this part I suggest you go and read Fumbbl rules.
Enkeli

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2005 - 12:41 Reply with quote Back to top

The battle between Kotitalous and We Will Cook You, http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=649724 , ended in a tie 1-1.

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2005 - 13:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Zebaoth wrote:
I just saw that some of the teams who have joined had access to ogres... I didn't when I made my unranked Halfling team for this.
so how come they have ogres and I have treemen?

is this legal?

to go the stunty rout :/
peikko

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2005 - 13:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Madhat wrote:

is this legal?

to go the stunty rout :/

Yes it was. This is fun tournament which some of the coaches missed. The fluff is based on "reality show" competitions. In entertainment world you have to know how to use your elbows and to read the rules. No coach can yet know if benefit of having ogres instead of treemen and having general access on big guys is actually even goin to help you on missions. Remember that this is for fun and its only 4 rounds long tournament and as noticed from tournament and first round, there aint prolly gonna be rounds that are about normal games.... If someone has problems on how this tournament is set up, what it is, and think they have joined wrong tournament, its time to face the facts, look into mirror and say to oneself: youre weakest link, goodbye
odi

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2005 - 15:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Wee.... Typografical Error made 3 TDs in our match against PileHillBroadBanders, and we won 3-0, so playing elfbowl with flings really paid off this time. So that's 9 points to The Munchkins From Stunty Leeg.
Dooby

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2005 - 17:47 Reply with quote Back to top

1st round we were slaughtered - 2nd round we were the masters !

I Play Halflings won 27 - 8 in their round 2 clash. Yey for trees, yet for flings, yey for...lego

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=658065
odi

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2005 - 18:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Those ogres are soooooo broken, they would need ag6 to be able to throw anything. They were prolly the worst imported players ever. I demand a refund of those bribes I had to pay to get them imported from the stunty leeg Smile
petsku

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2005 - 20:16 Reply with quote Back to top

After humiliating defeat against Odi´s Munchkins From Stunty Leeg we decided to concentrate to things we CAN`T do , like throwing halflings....
1-0
victory against Karhumies´ team was far from easy game , but my extra 2 ReRolls made the difference at the end.
We also learned that Treeman can:
1. Throw halfling at it self
2. Throw halfling at it´s fellow Treeman
Educational , but fun.[/url]
Karhumies

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2005 - 22:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Points in my game went 14- 19 for petsku. I tried to make it into a tie, both in league points and scoring a goal, but my fling fell down with a re-roll a short walk from the goal. He also stumbled on his way to the goal on the last turn, after I had tried to TTM another guy who could have picked up the ball and ran to the goal.

...not to mention my two or three turns of double/triple skulls in the first half, when with a pushback I could have thrown a fling with ball next to the end zone. *sigh*

Darn, it was close this time. This time I learnt my lesson: buy at least as many ingredients as your opponent has! Smile
wizkid

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2005 - 10:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi! I am not able to play the last two rounds of the fun Tourney, because I wil be in holidays for about 3 weeks. But maybe I still have highest points, only with 2 games played ??? Wink Best whishes to all the Fling-coaches out there, and hopefully the new fling superstar will be "unique".Rock on wizkid

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2005 - 11:52 Reply with quote Back to top

We will cook you VS Singing trees: 9-14
MindWright

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2005 - 19:34 Reply with quote Back to top

This round is all about the rerolls. My opponent racked up a catering bill of 60,000 gold, and it showed.

The Teen Sleuths took the lead against the Fling Supreme, winning the match 2-1, and scoring a 16-13 victory in tournament points.

Adding insult to injury, a pitch invasion left both my trees stunned preventing any attempt to close the distance in the final turns.
 Jump to: