26 coaches online • Server time: 01:15
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post GIF Guide
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
chunky04

Post   Posted: Jul 17, 2006 - 03:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Yep, we most definitely do forfeit matches.

SWL runs on a weekly Monday timetable, though we will have longer rounds when warranted (typically the first round o a new season, and during holiday periods).

In the event that a game is not going to be played within the timeframe, coaches can send an email to our dedicated admin email address to ask for an extension. It goes to the email so that all admins have access to it, which prevents the problem of "but I send such and such a PM". That way, no matter who ends up doing the forfeits, they'll have access to the needed info. Any contact other than through the email address is ignored to ensure all coaches use it. We have a person dedicated to doing the forfeits each week (it's me), but when real life comes into play, sometimes others have to do it. Extensions are generally granted until Wednesday as a matter of course (though there does need to be some sort of reason). Games are occasionally extended further, but there needs to be an agreed time between both coaches for this round, and agreed times for the next round for that to happen.

Each season we do have the occasional coach fall by the wayside. Many coaches simply aren't up to the task of organising and playing a game per week against a specific opponent. These coaches are mainly the new coaches in the regionals. Once coaches have advanced past that stage they're normally quite reliable, as they've fought their way up through teams that may have been 50 TR ahead of them at times. This tends to weed out the less dedicated players.

As far as we're concerned, a coach makes a commitment to get all their games played when they join the league. If they are not capable of doing this, then they don't deserve to be in the league. RL issues do come up (this last round we had 3 forfeits in Premier due to RL issues), and these are acceptable. However, if someone can forsee that RL is going to prevent them from playing for a considerable time period, we prefer them to take a break and come back rather than leave a whole lot of forfeited games behind. We take a dim view of people who just up and leave midseason. First time offenders generally are considered to have retired their teams, and will be put to the bottom of the draft order when they eventually join back in and decide to get a new team. People who do this more than once will need to do a lot of convincing to be allowed back in the league, probably involving playing games in the Fringe and possibly some of the other smaller tourneys associated with SWL.

We do have a umber of coaches who realise they can't keep up with the main SWL schedule, but who will happily pop in every now and then and play a Fringe game.

Hopefully this ramble has helped in some way.

Post   Posted: Jul 17, 2006 - 06:35 Reply with quote Back to top

BEWARE the AXE Sad
chunky04

Post   Posted: Jul 17, 2006 - 09:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Have you played your SWL game yet fool?

Post   Posted: Jul 17, 2006 - 19:21 Reply with quote Back to top

/me looks angelic

I've never missed a match (although I've had opponents forfeit) since I joined in Season 9... that's a streak of 45 games. Smile
Fool

Post   Posted: Jul 17, 2006 - 19:46 Reply with quote Back to top

My team & individual stats for Season Two:

Record: 3-1-3
Team Records
CAS for: 7
CAS against: 14
TDs for: 11
TDs against: 11
Total Fouls for: 2
Total Fouls against: 4
Highest gate: 80k
Lowest gate: 40k
FF change -0

Individual Records:
Most Completions: 9 (Donut Boy, Phoenix Warrior)
Most Int: 0
Most CAS: 2 (Black Crowe, Dragon Warrior)
Most TDs: 4 (Black Crowe, Dragon Warrior and She FINK She ORK, Lion Warrior)
Increase in SPPs over the season: 18 (She FINK She ORK, Dragon Warrior)
Most Fouls: 1 (Colorado Avalanche, Lineman and Southside Stone Smasher, Lineman)
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Jul 17, 2006 - 20:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Blud 'n Gutz stepped up in Season Two:

Stats for season two:

Record: 5/0/2

Team Records
CAS for: 15 (12/1/2)
CAS against: 7 (2/3/2)
TDs for: 10
TDs against: 6
Total Fouls for: 3
Total Fouls against: 3
Highest gate: 69K vs Something Skinks in Here
Lowest gate: 44K vs Tribute to Greatness
FF change +3

Individual stats for season two:
Most Completions: 2 - Ogen "Blud" Bawlchukka - Thrower
Most Interceptions: 0 - -
Most CAS: 2 (tie) - Gutz Grumblecraw - Troll, Krog Choppa - Black Orc, Shaarg Sawtooth - Blitzer
Most TDs: 3 (tie) - Trugg Eyebiter - Blitzer, Grush Ironjaw - Blitzer
SPPs per season: 16 - Trugg Eyebiter - Blitzer
Most Fouls: 3 - Kudd Junka - Lineman
Da_Todfatha

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2006 - 04:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Did you know?
Plowed Under zombie, Migrant Worker doesn’t have his green card. When asked to provide proof of citizenship he simply replied “cerebros!”

Did you know?
Sgt. Rock of Ariel Assault Armada once had such a bad case of explosive flatulence that now at each venue they visit opposing fans scream; “Can you smell what the Rock was cooking?”

Did you know?
Star Skink for Taste the Waste, Jammy Pack once auditioned to be the Geico spokesperson, eventually losing to the gecko.

Did you know?
Troll and co-captain for Blud’n’Gutz, Gutz GrumbleCraw used to be much more agile than he is currently, however his throwing game was just as lousy.
LurkingGrue

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2006 - 05:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Another poor showing for the muppets of mayhem, but at least we should have managed to avoid relegation. The Nightmare on Sesame Street will be back for season three.

TEAM RECORDS
CAS for: 3 (1/1/1)
CAS against: 19 (12/6/1)
TDs for: 6
TDs against: 8
Total Fouls for: 6
Total Fouls against: 9
Highest gate: 70,000
Lowest gate: 40,000
FF change +1

INDIVIDUAL RECORDS
Most Completions: 1
Big Bird, Chaos Warrior
Telly, Beastman
Zoe, Beastman
Most Int: 0
Most CAS: 2
The Amazing Mumford, Beastman
Most TDs: 2
Increase in SPPs over the season: 15
Most Fouls: 3
Zoe, Beastman

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2006 - 05:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Taste The Waste will be back for more punishment in Season 3.

Season Two:
record : 5-1-1 Champions!
For - Against
TDs 19-6
Cas 10/6/2 - 8/6/2
Fouls 1 - didn't count them (mine was a cheap foul by accident on turn16, thought it was 15 Sad )
Completions 1 (skinks still can't pass!)

Highlights: The Stallion Mang!
screech

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2006 - 06:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Ugh!
This must be my least favorite bb team ever.
Cult of Cerebus with their 2-1-4 record are best to be known as the team that the nwl forgot.
Otherwise they hold no records to speak of at all.

Oh and needless to say they wil not return.

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2006 - 01:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Season two stats for
the Longest Yard (elf)

Team stats:
1/0/5 record
6 TD for
13 TD against
-7 TD difference
4 cas for
17 cas against
-13 cas difference

Individual Stats:
Most TD-Battle w/ 3 scores (blitzer)
Most Cas-Ramires w/ 2 casualties caused (linelf)
Most Comp-Paul Crewe w/ 4 completions (thrower)
Most INT-Everyone had 0
Most SPP-3 tied w/ 11 (Battle, Skitchy, Earl Megget;blizter,linelf,catcher)

Best Moment: 2-1 upset victory in final match over Wasted Dead Guys (khemri)
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=1268607
Worst Moment: Two linos dieing that would have gotten 1st skill, one died on final turn I believe

Despite the record, it was an enjoyable time. The Longest Yard will be back, and hopefully we may break the opposition's armor next season!

Don't drop the soap.
bampf

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2006 - 20:43 Reply with quote Back to top

AAA had a grand old time this season and looks forward to more high flying SWL sorties in Season 3.

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2006 - 02:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Bampf you know you will pay dearly for saying SWL instead of NWL, right? Karma alone should see to that. But even canadians will likely beat you up for that kind of faux pas. Some of them can even say that in french!
bampf

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2006 - 21:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Holy crap! How did I do that? The shame and ignomy of it all!

Well, truly, I deserve the crosshairs that just sprung up on my back... even to those mongrel canucks stuck living in America Jr.

Post   Posted: Aug 22, 2006 - 12:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi,

Just curious as an outsider as to what the current status of the Northern Wastes League is. Did you decide to give it a break over the summer vacation period, or has it collapsed (I hope not!)?

I'm asking because having founded the White Isle League - a British Isles-based league with a very similar structure to the S/NWL, and of a similar age now to the NWL - I thought it might be good if we could link up, perhaps for a one-off Trans-Atlantic 'Battle of the Champions' game. Our current league season should end in mid- to late-September if there's any interest - (and the Premier coaches can probably play faster than that too).

Anyway, I hope your league is just in temporary hibernation and will be going strong again soon, as I think a match like this would work as a good promotion for both of us!

Jump to: