25 coaches online • Server time: 03:25
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post SWL Season CIgoto Post RNG speculationsgoto Post Roster Stats - Snotl...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Which format do you like best?
Faction type system
28%
 28%  [ 9 ]
Rookie/Elite League
12%
 12%  [ 4 ]
Conferences leading to playoffs
56%
 56%  [ 18 ]
Other type (ill tell you below)
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 32

kemimutt

Post   Posted: May 26, 2006 - 14:11 Reply with quote Back to top

How are these conferences supposed to work? Are you to find your games by your self an choosing whom to play? Then there would be no advantage of having a good team as noone would like to play them but those that have good teams themself thus making it harder for good team to reach the playoffs. If you are to find your own games from around 30 different teams it would be better to restart your team from scratch, and then few of the playoff teams would be present in next seasons playoffs.

My Suggestion would be smaller conferences or groups of about 8-12 team and all teams should play eachother once, and only once.

One problem would be how to judge not played gamed though. What happends if one team refuses to play vs a team. It would not be fair to punish both teams with 0 points. (What if noone plays vs one particular team?)
Jkaen

Post   Posted: May 26, 2006 - 14:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe its just me, but I think people are overreacting to the TR difference thing, handicaps are far more important in sevens than normal, I currently have a 3/1/2 record in -1 games and have (and intend to keep) the lowest TR of all the teams in the league.

The main thing I want is that all this shuffling not to effect how easy it is for me to find games, as thats currently a large attraction to playing in this league.
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: May 27, 2006 - 10:33 Reply with quote Back to top

we could always have a massive 130 team Open Round Robin Laughing that would solve all the problems,

Im thinking of tweaking the scoring foruma to +/-1pt for TD scored/conceded from just +1pt, just to slightly make it harder for the teams that play a lot to get a runaway position, there was a large points gap last season, maybe the CAS as well...
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: May 27, 2006 - 11:24 Reply with quote Back to top

A larger open round robin would probably be the best, meaning that there are more teams, more games, easier to find a game when you get on, longer schedule giving the slower players a chance, less work for me etc! with more teams it means new teams have a better chance to play as there will be more new teams involved, now the only thing i need to know is how big can an open RR schedule be?
Absurd

Post   Posted: May 27, 2006 - 11:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, you're the founder and organiser so I'm happy to go with what makes your job easier Very Happy
Peter_Thorpe

Post   Posted: May 28, 2006 - 10:36 Reply with quote Back to top

it'll be harder to keep track on who you have played

Post   Posted: May 29, 2006 - 13:02 Reply with quote Back to top

ok...

im going to keep accepting teams until i have about 160 teams.... then I will start 2 big conferences of around 80 teams... the top 16 of each conference go to the playoffs making a total of 32 teams in the playoffs, new teams can play and buildup a bit before this starts... (i may take more teams if lots more apply!)

Season should last 2 weeks hopefully

Hope this sounds good, id do smaller factions, but this would mean me having to give up my job Wink This will start soon! so keep applying!
Absurd

Post   Posted: May 29, 2006 - 13:06 Reply with quote Back to top

In the great words of someone wise...

Super! Smashing! Great!
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: May 29, 2006 - 18:34 Reply with quote Back to top

bump! keep applying guys, once i get to 160 teams ill start this up, so a few more ^^
Hitonagashi

Post   Posted: May 31, 2006 - 12:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Why Nuffle, why oh why do you recruit my saurus on their second skill...they are so hard to get there...and 3 out of 4 have been recruited there. The 4th was Schlar, so you will excuse me if I want to get another past that point...

Post   Posted: May 31, 2006 - 12:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I run 2 teams. One is my lizzies, which as many new players will recently attest to are easily beatable, and have a low TR (though not for want of trying otherwise...), and one is my skaven, which despite playing less than half the games of the lizzies have double the tr. Means I get more games Very Happy

Post   Posted: May 31, 2006 - 12:34 Reply with quote Back to top

hiton! you are due a team of legends with all the bad luck you have had Wink

still need a few more teams and ill start season II Smile 2 conferences btw
Absurd

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2006 - 23:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Bump! We're looking for a few more teams for season II of BB7s. Come on join all the fun of the nuffle fair!
Absurd

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2006 - 20:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Bump! Keep those teams coming, only a handfull left to start the season. Join the fun, watch as your player becomes a star and takes part in the end of season Allstars game.
Hitonagashi

Post   Posted: Jun 03, 2006 - 01:18 Reply with quote Back to top

And trust me, the feeling on watching your precious player which you worked on get an MVP in that game is good Very Happy

Jump to: