56 coaches online • Server time: 15:23
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Making Assassins mor...goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post Meat Grinder Season ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
PainState

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2009 - 04:27 Reply with quote Back to top

WOW! Rami brings the thunder! now thats more like it, a positive and totally foolhardy response, Just what he needs to bump Emphasy from the Warpstone. Although based on the time of day it is I believe it was liquid courage that put Rami up to it and not Real guts and heroism we would expect from a true Blood Bowl Champion.

Can the Buccaneers switch spots in qualifiers with the Felons for this round, please! I want my shot!!! its not fair that emphasy gets all the fun.

Ok well Rami strap the head gear on and get to it. Lets see the power of those elves!

and by the way. My endorsement of the Noldor Knights over beating you in the first round. Well hey Iam not Jimmy the Greek of Blood Bowl and The Knights did not exactly get a glowing, definite, take it to the bank and put next months mortgage payment type of endorsement from me.

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2009 - 14:55 Reply with quote Back to top

BOOHOO!

What is THAT?

13 Qualifiers a 16 Teams equals in 208 teams.

AND DAMN 24 COACHES WERENT ABLE TO SETUP THEIR MATCHES... or at least 12 coahces werent. What the hell are ya thinking applying to a major, where you aiont participating. Of course, there are someimtes reasons like, my inet collapsed etc... but not 12 times!

Pls rethink your participation in the next one, if your not sure, you wanna play this!

And boohoo, there are three matchups in my predicition quali 6. BIG BOOHOO!.

---> I have proven the opposite!
SillySod

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2009 - 15:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Pls rethink your participation in the next one, if your not sure, you wanna play this!

If a coach has not attempted to play their game then they will have been banned from entering the next major (and all [R] tournamenbts in between). I dont think they'll have to "rethink" anything... the rethinking will be done for them Smile

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
Malmir

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2009 - 15:55 Reply with quote Back to top

If a coach has not attempted to play their game then they will have been banned from entering the next major (and all [R] tournamenbts in between). I dont think they'll have to "rethink" anything... the rethinking will be done for them Smile[/quote]

How do they decide which coach was unable/unwilling to play as in many cases it may only have been one of them?
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2009 - 15:56 Reply with quote Back to top

SillySod wrote:
Quote:

If a coach has not attempted to play their game then they will have been banned from entering the next major (and all [R] tournamenbts in between). I dont think they'll have to "rethink" anything... the rethinking will be done for them Smile

What strikes me as odd is that, if you look at the coaches involved, there's quite a lot of "well known" names and teams. I think that being in january helps in having problems with schedules (you know, holidays and all...).

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2009 - 16:43 Reply with quote Back to top

JanMattys wrote:
SillySod wrote:
Quote:

What strikes me as odd is that, if you look at the coaches involved, there's quite a lot of "well known" names and teams. I think that being in january helps in having problems with schedules (you know, holidays and all...).

thats just an excuse... you can see holidays coming...
ok.. there are some circumstances you cant see, we have at least one of these rare situations where RL intervenes, but 12 times?
WindexChugger

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2009 - 16:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Malmir, what I do(not sure if everyone does this, but I'd think they do) is when I get my draw, I talk to my opposing coach right away, either in chat if he is on or through a PM. If my opponent hasn't contacted me back in two days, I'll grab a Admin to let him know what's going on.

If the opposing coach doesn't turn up to say why he can't play right now, then the admins know who's the guy who is unable/unwilling to play. I guess if no one talks to an admin it gets coinflipped...dunno.
MadTias

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2009 - 16:51 Reply with quote Back to top

http://fumbbl.com/help:Official+FUMBBL+Tournament+Rules
SillySod

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2009 - 20:59 Reply with quote Back to top

JanMattys wrote:

I agree, I was very suprised to see morehouse on that list for example. However, a major is a major at any time of the year and by joining it you are guaranteeing that you can play every round that you reach. If your situation changes suddenly then its unlucky but then again someone who is unlucky once is probably more likely to be unlucky twice so a ban is still prudent (although obviously less deserved).

If you find yourself in that situation then you should at least inform the appropriate tournament staff member. I think that you would still recieve a ban but its polite and creates alot less hard feeling all round.

WindexChugger wrote:
Malmir, what I do(not sure if everyone does this, but I'd think they do) is when I get my draw, I talk to my opposing coach right away, either in chat if he is on or through a PM. If my opponent hasn't contacted me back in two days, I'll grab a Admin to let him know what's going on.

Do this and you should never be forfeited out of a tournament as a result of someone elses inactivity.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."

Last edited by SillySod on %b %15, %2009 - %21:%Jan; edited 1 time in total
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2009 - 21:01 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm told (via a WIL game missed) that Yanknoth's PC blew up. I am under the impression his drop wasn't his own fault.

Although; that is second hand, I've not spoken to him.

Forfeits (sadly) happen. A ban is just. It's round one of a Tournament, don't get your knickers in a twist. Wink
PainState

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2009 - 21:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I know this is the predictions not the match report thread. BUT Iam taking liberties with my editiorial powers on this thread, as one of the few Predictors to actually stay current with their predictions in the WO, to post my post game match report for all to see.

Buccaneers go down 2-0 in the second round of Qualifiers
The Buc faithful are disapointed that the Bucs have made a early exit from the open but are positive about the state of the team right now.

Last night in Qualifier #1 the Buccaneers were just not able to get anything going and simply got stalled out at mid field. The inability of the Bucs to break the LOS and get catchers down field was a killer last night. The Midgets held tough and went toe to toe with the Bucs and came out on top.

It was a well fought game and in the end a lot of fun. The first 4 turns of the second half with the midgets up 1-0 was when the game was won/lost and it had high drama as both teams delivered Haymacker after sucker punch. In the end the Midgets came out of the scrum with the ball and secured the victory.

The Bucs could not find a "break" in this game. There were no periods of Lucky stretches for either team. It seemed the majority of the game it was just average luck all around when it came to the dice. It was just a matter of timing. When the midgets needed the right bounce of the turnover they got it and the Bucs did not. When the Bulls double failed their pick ups it was at a time that it did not matter. When the Bucs just needed a 3+ with reroll they could not get it, but on a repostion move for next turn they would roll a 6. It was not a dice rape thing just a timing thing. IMO Blood Bowl in a large part comes down to Timing of the good luck/bad luck. Both teams had it last night but the Bucs were allways on the bad timing side of things.

It was a fun match and allways enjoyable to play in a major. SO best of luck Grom on the next round and hope you do well.

The Buccaneers are not completly sour after the loss. JJ Jones JR. is a owner who is allways prepared. Last night in the back of a tavern with no name he passed a large sum of warptokens to the rat in charge of the Draw at the end of qualifiers, he is confident this will produce the desired results. You see in the end JJ knows how the "real" world works unlike those Skaven teams who are crying and carrying on about injustices in the world and since they have furr they need this or that, Free slots in the main draw and such. Complaining about this and that, you know sounding like a bunch of crying ZOns who just got their credit cards taken away. Grow a pair you skaven loutz and play the game the Skaven way, not the bleeding heart Bretonian way!

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2009 - 21:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Warpstone Open IV Qualifier #2
The final semi final match has been set and once again we find the Competitive Eaters taking on a Chaos Dwarf team.
Competitive Eaters 426/325 Jack Daniels VS Zharr-Naffrund Zottels 242/228 GildorInglorion
Well this match should be interesting to see if the Chaos Dwarfs can take downt the Eaters with out the services of the Unstopable, not enough cash on hand. If the Zottels are going to get any thing going in this game their Bulls need to bring their A game. The Eaters seem to be on cruise control at the moment as the bracket was set very nicely for them. They did not have to get out of their comfort zone and could just play old fashion dwarf ball. Lets see if they can keep it together for another game and not implode.
PICK:
Eaters over the Zottles 2-0. I see a repeat game here for the Eaters as they get the 1-0 lead and then force the TO and go up 2-0 on a late game stall. Not fancy but effective.
Money Line:
Eaters (f) 290-180 Zottels (UD)

Last edited by PainState on %b %22, %2009 - %19:%Jan; edited 1 time in total
MadTias

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2009 - 18:17 Reply with quote Back to top

AoP-Vimes wrote:
Warpstone Open IV: Qualifier VI
2nd Round

--- Big Green Guys ( Orcs 208 / 195 coached by Goblinen)

Fumbbl Addicts ( Chaos 279 / 251 coached by Lewdgrip) --- Kung Pow! ( ChaosDwarfs 237 / 203 coached by Gritter)

--- Brothers of the Mountain ( Dwarfs 230 / 232 coached by shimin)

--- Teef Rippas ( Orc 317 / 238 coached by MadTias)

I predict that I will face Toriel's Orcs in the second round, beat them 2-0 and advance to face Mr_Prezident's Undead in the third round, beating them 2-1 with a TTM in T16 to reach the final. Very Happy
Melmoth

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2009 - 18:24 Reply with quote Back to top

MadTias wrote:
AoP-Vimes wrote:
Warpstone Open IV: Qualifier VI
2nd Round

--- Big Green Guys ( Orcs 208 / 195 coached by Goblinen)

Fumbbl Addicts ( Chaos 279 / 251 coached by Lewdgrip) --- Kung Pow! ( ChaosDwarfs 237 / 203 coached by Gritter)

--- Brothers of the Mountain ( Dwarfs 230 / 232 coached by shimin)

--- Teef Rippas ( Orc 317 / 238 coached by MadTias)

I predict that I will face Toriel's Orcs in the second round, beat them 2-0 and advance to face Mr_Prezident's Undead in the third round, beating them 2-1 with a TTM in T16 to reach the final. Very Happy

This is the rpediction Thread not the after show Party;-)
PainState

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2009 - 16:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Warpstone Open IV Qualifier #2
Milford Dubblebags Altdorf Gazettee

Well Fumbll fans I take the weekend off to cover the Moot open and come back and find out that Innocent Felons lined up the Det and the Lavino to play and take them down hard. The first match was as expected as the Felons take it slow and just grind down the Det and take the game. The second match was not really a match more like a slaughter. As the Felons take the billy stick to the Hellfishes and treat them with no respect.

SO the Felons use the "boot" to advance to the finals of the qualifiers and a shot at that Eaters if they dont spit the bit. Now that match up should get our juicies flowing in anticipation.