15 coaches online • Server time: 04:40
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post SWL Season CIgoto Post My 1st Blackbox tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Reisender

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2009 - 13:19 Reply with quote Back to top

0/3 here. the 4th match was played before my prediction, but i would have been wrong, too.
Kharnete

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2009 - 15:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Then try to predict second round to redempt yourself \o/ Razz
PainState

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2009 - 16:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Group I second round match ups.

ImageDarklands Ruff Raiders, coach:General Maurauder VS ImageFleet Foots Revenge, Coach: Malmir

Well the Darklands crew will get to test themselves against the Fleet Foot. It looks grim on paper but they will be getting some Handicaps and you just never know. The Fleet foot needs to concentrate on this game and not look ahead. Right now the Fleet Foot should walk through the rest of this qualifier with ease.

Fleet Foot over the Darklands 2-1

ImageT-Stone Green, Coach:TommyK VS ImageNiemande, coach:Thorim

Well both of these teams were underdogs in the first round and advanced. It should be a close fought match as both teams are very even on paper. But when ever its a close match between greenskins and Elves I lean to the AG4. BUT the bad karma of the no hands glitch will come back to haunt the Niemande crew and Nuffle will intervene with a double 1 at the most critical time and the T-Stone will pull it out.

T-Stone over Niemande 2-1 after a failed pick up, with reroll, on 2/6 which the greenskins recover for the game winner

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2009 - 16:57 Reply with quote Back to top

WG|Dark_Angel wrote:
1/4 of my predictions are correct. I guess this isn't my forté.

You can still do 4/7, more than 50%!!, if you predict the semis and final correct.

BA
PainState

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2009 - 17:08 Reply with quote Back to top

***Funeral services will be held today at 22:00 server time***

Oh the Humantity!!! it was ugly

Well Fumbbl fans the funeral services for BBC Aulanko will be held today. The rest of team is so shell shocked that they have packed up their bags and retired the team. It was so grizzly, brutal, horrific and deadly that the survivors have all dedicated themselves to a druidic order and plan on living their final years in a cloistered monastary.

Coach Veron was unreachable. He is still sitting in the dug out with a glazed look clutching the play book. He is still in shock of the memory of the CAS boxes overflowing with blood and body parts. Lets hope he bounces back.

Last edited by PainState on %b %19, %2009 - %18:%Aug; edited 2 times in total
PainState

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2009 - 17:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Just picking some games that have seem to fallen under the radar.

FC Altdorf vs Dandelion Eaters

Well this is a big match up in qulaifier #12. We got a classic match with a former Major winner in the Dandelion Eaters trying to repeat as a major champion. And the FC Altdorf crew trying to punch their way into the main draw to keep Humanities chances alive.

It is a even match so no handicaps. Which greatly aids the FC crew, carrying 3 nigglers and virus, well we know what happens then. But the FC crew lost their anchor on the LOS when their Ogre was face planted into the turf and killed. But they have a solid blitzer core to make up for that.

The Dandelion crew is filled with veterans of the pitch and they know the game plan, play serious elf ball and win the day.

It will be an interesting match up.

FC Altdorf over the Dandelion Eaters 2-1 in OT. FC Altdorf will slowly grind down the wood elves and take it in OT as they roll over the remains of the elves

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2009 - 17:31 Reply with quote Back to top

The final of qualifier #11 is set up. Or as I call it the qualfier that I wish the Buccaneers were in, man it was weak. But hey you got to play the games as they are scheduled and we got two teams that took advantage of the soft SKED.

Reavers of Babylon IV VS Clan Moulder Packmasters

This match up has two of the weakest teams in the entire Lustrian squaring off for the right to advance to the main draw. We have a very underpowered CD team in the Reavers. Atleast they have tackle for those gutter runners. And one beat up and beat down skaven crew in the Packmasters, atleast they have their gutter runners, and they are some nice gutters to boot. The big problem for the packmasters is that a have aolid core group of players but have no numbers to protect them.

Bottom line: if the gutters can stay on their feet the rats got a chance.

Packmasters over Reavers 2-1 BUT can the Packmasters survive the finals and with only three recovery games allowed get anybody back to play in the main draw?

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2009 - 17:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Qualifier III action....This game IMO is one of the best match ups left. It will be a titanic affair and I hope I get to spec this match.

Danish Terrors VS Reptile Revolution

This match has it all...CL/RSC coming out the butt. It has 7 ST 4 Lizards and a ST5 lizard.. alot of squishy stunties just begging for a CL/RSC blow. Beastmen with AV7 just getting ready to take it on the chin. A Lizard shaman sitting in the wings waiting to blast the field with one massive fireball.

If it lives up to its billing it should be a titanic blood letting that will please Nuffle to no end.

I can make the case for both teams. You be the judge.

I will go with the Upset special in this one!!!

Reptile Revolution over the Danish Terrors 3-1 I think the Terrors have draw probally one of the very few teams in the entire Lustrian that has a shot at trully beating them up and sending them home from the Lustrian.

**Note: On one level Iam glad that the Buccaneers did not win their second round match because IF the winner of this match comes out relativly un hurt they would have just rolled over the Buccaneers and probally pilled up the CAS box to the seems...Have fun with these guys P4M***

Last edited by PainState on %b %19, %2009 - %17:%Aug; edited 3 times in total
WG|Dark_Angel

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2009 - 17:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, let's get to it, then, shall we?

Qualifier XV Semifinals

Por Tutatis!! 250 / 222 Orc vs Siklesmere Source 236 / 226 Dwarf

Hm. Two average teams. Not much has really changed from my last assessment, unsurprisingly. Neither has MNG's.

Prediction 1:0

Helena High 223 / 210 Skaven vs Kick the Bucket's 263 / 235 Dwarf

I will favour skaven here. Not because I was wrong the last time around, but simply because dwarves tend to do bad in tourneys against fast teams with a reasonably deep bench. JD has several suitable ball carriers and fast players, and even his team has trouble with fast opponents. Skaven take a wizard to the field as well. Consequently:

Prediction: 3:0

Qualifier XV Finals

Por Tutatis!! ?? Orc vs Helena High ?? Skaven

This is a hard prediction, since it depends a lot on whether the skaven get enough money for a wizard. Since they still have 20k the chance is fairly high, but who knows? Taking the likelihood of that into account, I lean tentatively towards the skaven.

Prediction 1:2
PainState

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2009 - 17:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Qualifier #14 finals match is set.

Two Thunders VS Drinking for World Peace

Well a classic High Elf VS Dwarf match up in the final.

The Two Thunders is a really nice High Elf squad that is well rounded and if it goes by the numbers should be able to elf ball their way around the dwarfs with ease. They have some gold for a wizard so that will be a wild card.

Drinking for world peace will be getting a handicap and they bring Zara into the match to give them some AG help in this one. But can the dorfs tie down the High Elves and start laying in the boot?

Going with the AG and zara will get sent off after the first score for her stakes that she will never use in the game.

Two Thunders over Drinking for world Peace 2-1

Last edited by PainState on %b %19, %2009 - %18:%Aug; edited 2 times in total
Woodstock

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2009 - 18:05 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
Going with the AG and zara will get sent off after the first score for her stakes that she will never use in the game.

Agility is for the weak, stakes for the lame!... Anyway, I will prove you wrong... I hope Wink
Kharnete

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2009 - 00:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Racial distribution updated on August 20th, 0:34am, with all first round (but one match) and 16 second round games played.

49 teams left. Differences respect initial distribution.

Code:
orc          8 (-22)
dark elf     7 (-10)
dwarf        7 (-5)
chaos        5 (-10)
high elf     5 (-3)
skaven       5 (-2)
wood elf     4 (-6)
chaos dwarf  4 (-7)
human        1 (-4)
ogre         1 (-2)
lizardmen    1 (=)
amazon       1 (=)
khemri       0 (-2)
undead       0 (-2)
elf pro      0 (-1)
necromantic  0 (-1)
nurgle       0 (-1)
vampire      0 (-1)

Last edited by Kharnete on %b %20, %2009 - %00:%Aug; edited 2 times in total
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2009 - 00:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Muha!
Orcs - mass-fail
Chaos - mass fail

Skaven and HE ftw!
MadTias

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2009 - 17:46 Reply with quote Back to top

MadTias wrote:
I'm actually surprised by the number of Orcs, as I predicted that the flat entry format would be most harmful to teams that usually rely on a big bank = Orcs, and that coaches would metagame around this. Maybe my analysis was off? Or will we see a large number of Orcs teams go out early?

Kharnete wrote:
Racial distribution updated on August 20th, 0:34am, with all first round (but one match) and 16 second round games played.

49 teams left. Differences respect initial distribution.

Code:
orc          8 (-22)

Cool
PainState

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2009 - 18:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Well I think 3 reasons for the Orcs downfall in the Lustrian.

1)the No Gold did hurt them from getting those wizards and extra ST on the LOS for those opening round games.

2)There was a lot of orc vs orc match ups in the first two rounds which obviously dwindled the numbers.

3)The in breeding of orc coaches has finally reached a tipping point and the quality of play from these teams is slowly erroding over time. Lets hope Fleet Foot Revenge and the Whitekillers can avoid this growing problem in the orc community.