90 coaches online • Server time: 22:44
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post 4,000TV!goto Post IBA Draft Leaguegoto Post SWL Season CI
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Nehver

Post   Posted: May 25, 2006 - 09:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Okay Coaches... it's vote time once again!
Asteroid Division coaches are now done with this season's games. Now since all other divisions got a 7 round league, and Asteroid only got a 5 round league do I:

A) Put all Asteroid coaches into an Open Round Robin, and let them all play 2 more matches, so all coaches get an equal 7 games for the season.
B) Assign opponents to each coach (instead of letting them freely choose in Open Round Robin).
or
C) Leave well enough alone, and say the Asteroid season is over.

Please Reply here, casting your votes, and voicing your opinions.
Thanks
-Nehver

Current Asteroid Standings: (current points)
1. Everglade Watchers (33)
2. Karaz A Bryn (25)
3. Dawn of a New Dark Age (23)
4. 5 Stars (22)
5. Ready Men (19)
6. Twisted Rüne (18)
7. Rise and Fall (17)
8. Blackswamp Superstars (16)
9. Mithril Mascots (15)
10. Stars of the North (10)
11. Moot Munchkins (8)
Aconite

Post   Posted: May 25, 2006 - 09:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Say the season is over...

The length of time players live in this league (well, mine anyway) means that another couple of games just give you the chance of losing your favourite player before the next season begins...

(Brad Osberg)
Starflam

Post 6 Posted: May 25, 2006 - 10:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Well well, the same problem can be said for those who will have playoff matches at the end of the season. Some wil get one more match, others will get 2.

Of course there is always a risk of loosing one player during those matches. There is also the opportunity to get money, skill or get back a player with miss next game. I think i would take the chance to play more matches any time.

Leaving teams to cherrypick their opponents is not something i would like to see.

So i am in favor of 2 more fixed matches with assigned opponents.

Be careful, there was not many matches played in asteroid 2 so remove from your list the coaches who did not play sufficient games (or had not good reasons not to be able to play more games).

Starflam.
TheViking

Post   Posted: May 25, 2006 - 10:40 Reply with quote Back to top

I feel terribly cheated by this...my Round 5 opponent didn't play his Round 4 opponent before the R5 deadline was up, so I miss a match for that reason...that way ones team will never get better...randomly draw some matches for us or something...or don't end the Season while the other parts of the league is still playing...I sure know I'd have liked that last match...

Post   Posted: May 25, 2006 - 10:48 Reply with quote Back to top

well, i don't really mind, but bear this in mind: coaches who currently qualify for a playoff may lose that if we play more matches. that includes me! I'm in 3rd, meaning i get a playoff, but i doubt i'll still be in 3rd after 2 more games, and in fairness, i think i'm entitled to expect that the league will be over after i've played everyone in it, and not have to play 2 more "surprise" opponents. If there was a way to have more games but not count them for league points, rather just do it for the experience, i think i'd be happy with that. How about this: as a "friendship gesture" between leagues, each team in asteroid 1 has to play 2 random teams from asteroid 2, and vice versa, these games not to count for league points? dunno how easy this is to set up...

that's my 2 cents anyhoo
Nalavara

Post   Posted: May 25, 2006 - 10:56 Reply with quote Back to top

B. 2 more games please. Smile
Nachtogen

Post   Posted: May 25, 2006 - 11:13 Reply with quote Back to top

I would end the league, but ah well, I'm first Smile
But one other thing, I signed up for this 5vs5 league months ago. I waited a long time to actually participate in it, and when I finally did, I ended up in the lowest league. This is understandable, as I was one of the last newcomers. But some coaches dropped out, they got replaced by others, and so, they start in a way higher league than me, who waited for months. Can't really say I think that is fair. But I guess there's nothing to do about it...

Post   Posted: May 25, 2006 - 15:31 Reply with quote Back to top

my team has 52spps in total.

I only played 45games?

Well players goes, players enters, at a quicker pace than 11 on 11. Giving more games don't change anything. About "fairness" those additionnal games don't add anything.

The main question is: do you want the coaches to be able to play a bit?

Post   Posted: May 25, 2006 - 16:00 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the idea that each team is assigned to play 2 games versus the other Asteroid Division Teams. And I prefer random seeding, as this gives least complaining.

Yeah, you can lose some points or even get your stars killed. But you can get skills, money, and even get to top 4. After all, this game is designed to be played. And I like to play.

So my vote is for additional 2 games, opponents nominated by tourney admin, and against other Asteroid Division Teams.

Post   Posted: May 25, 2006 - 18:30 Reply with quote Back to top

I like Cthols idea, and it should be pretty easy to set up, you just assign the 2 matches for all teams just like you already do for the main part. Once done, open the games. I would make the teams who continuisly missed their games play teams who did the same, because almost all of Atroid 2 got their games in, but Astroid 1 looked like they where having trouble getting their games. And by that, Astroid 2 teams might end up not getting their extra 2 games that where supposed to help them along also. But I also agree, no matter what is decided, the teams positions as of now should be locked in so that they know who is going to get the playoffs and who is just moving on.

Post   Posted: May 26, 2006 - 00:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Lets have a play off. Our season didnt go so well with alot of flakes not getting thier games played. Lets have a bracket playoff, with the top point gatherers against the worst, and so on. A sudden death round, to see who is infact the best. No round robin. But a final decisive outcome. Thats my vote. If it goes the other way then I would like it not to be a open round robin.

Jeffro
Nehver

Post   Posted: May 26, 2006 - 02:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Okay,
It sounds like most of our "dedicated" Asteroid coaches are for the extra couple of games.
I've taken your concerns and considerations into account, and here's what I've come up with.

Each Coach will have the opportunity to play 2 more games. These games will be assigned somewhat randomly. (Ie: I will pull team names from 2 hats. One hat being teams that played most of their games... the other teams that forfeited most of their games) These games will NOT count for league points... just experience. This means teams that are currently qualified for playoffs, will not change. These games are not mandatory, and will have no deadlines. However, if coaches do not get these extra games in before playoffs start, they will lose the opportunity to do so.

I will be posting the assignments soon.
-Nehver
Nehver

Post   Posted: May 26, 2006 - 03:10 Reply with quote Back to top

With that said,
Here are the Teams that will advance to a new conference, or have a playoff game to do so.
Congratulations Coaches!

Asteroid Division:

1st Place- This coach's team automatically advances to the Meteorite Division... Nachtogen's "Everglade Watchers"!
2nd Place-This coach's team automatically advances to the Meteorite Division... Prymja's "Karaz A Bryn"!
3rd Place- Will have to win playoff vs Meteorite's team#6 for advancement... cthol's "Dawn of a New Dark Age"!
4th Place- Will have to win playoff vs Meteorite's team#5 for advancement... Nehver's "5 Stars"!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And here are the "extra 2 games per coach" assignments. (these games are not for league points)

1. Everglade Watchers vs Moot Munchkins
2. Karaz A Bryn vs Everglade Watchers
3. Dawn of a New Dark Age vs Karaz A Bryn
4. 5 Stars vs Dawn of a New Dark Age
5. Ready Men vs Five Dodgy Fellows
6. Twisted Rüne vs Ready Men
7. Rise and Fall vs Twisted Rüne
8. Blackswamp Superstars vs Rise and Fall
9. Mithril Mascots vs Blackswamp Superstars
10. Stars of the North vs 5 Stars
11. Moot Munchkins vs Stars of the North
12. Five Dodgy Fellows vs Mithril Mascots

These games are being set up in a different group. Please accept invites in order to start your matches.
Nehver

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2006 - 08:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Okay,
Season is almost over, and playoffs are drawing near.
However, it looks like things are really going to be shaken up for next season.
I have gotten multiple PM's from coaches in top divisions, informing me that their teams need to be pulled,
and will not be taking part in next season. (Loss of net access, joining army, no time for league games, etc, etc)

Therefore, alot of teams who would have had to play a playoff match in order to advance, may be receiving automatic advancements!!!
Stay tuned for the official playoff schedule, and advancement/demotions list. Once I've got it all figured out, I'll post it here.
-Nehver
hellmaister

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2006 - 15:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Nehver - I do appreciate your time and effort you put into the 5-stars. I give you my best and hope you keep your spirit and good work. Thank you!
 Jump to: