22 coaches online • Server time: 06:39
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post GIF Guide
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
hunter

Post   Posted: Aug 22, 2006 - 18:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi pac,
Yeah we're just on break for a bit, as so many coaches had summer plans. The third season will begin sometime this fall. celas hasn't been on in a few weeks but I expect he'll be on shortly with greater frequency. He is the one to speak with regarding any sort of collaboration.

Regards,
~hunter

Post   Posted: Aug 22, 2006 - 20:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks, hunter. I guessed something like that must be the case. I shall send a PM to celas …
Da_Todfatha

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2006 - 03:48 Reply with quote Back to top

has anyone heard from Celas? Are there any plans to pick up where he has left off? If we are to play a season before Christmas, it should probably get organized soon.

Mully, you are the most recent staff member to be online, I know you got a lot of irons in the fire, have you heard anything? You and Celas have yet to play your game to close out season 2. what's the word my good fellow?
Mully

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2006 - 04:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I told Celas I was gonna kick his elven ass the minute he set foot on this site.

That was 5 weeks ago...

Im fine with starting season #3 on Oct 1st but Uber will have to run it as my time is slimmer than me.

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2006 - 04:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Okay coaches, in case you haven't noticed Celas has transferred ownership of the NWL to me, at least temporarily as he adjust to working for a living. Surprised)

It will take me a few days to get a handle on where things were left off, who from Primiere is not going to be around for Season 3, and therefore how many slots need to be filled.

Then we'll issue invites up to the lower divisions and we may need to go lower than the #1's if those teams have been retired.

I will shoot for starting season 3 on October 1st. Let's keep NWL alive!!!

There is also the suggestion from Pac who manages a sister league in the European timezones that has issued us a challenge before season 3 starts. I would like to hear some input from you as to whether we can handle some cross-pond games before we kickoff season 3.

Thanks,

Da_Todfatha

Edit: Step 1 I need to learn how to spell Premiere, luckily a quick review of my coach page tells me Celas couldn't spell either. Surprised)
ex-convict

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2006 - 05:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Bring on the euros! Us americans (I assume that the majority of the coaches are american. if not, then pretend you are a rich snob who thinks he's better than anyone else, although some of you non-americans might already think that way also! anyways...) think we are the best, so we must prove it! Schedualing isn't overly hard, but some people just have "other" things to do. If I could find time, then bring it.

Don't drop the soap.
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2006 - 05:38 Reply with quote Back to top

This had been discussed a bit in the past, as I remember the problem seemed to be teams getting extra games that the rest of the league didn't get.
Da_Todfatha

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2006 - 05:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Well as I see it, some folks will want a meaningless game, some could use a game to rebuild, some won't want to play a match, and some will want to stick the boot to the Euros.

Now that we are entering the Relegation/Advancement phase of this fledgling league we will start to see teams advance and have to play teams with twice as many games played as it is so...not really sure if that is a valid argument anymore.

I am giving some serious thought to imposing a TR-cap for each division, to hopefully tone down the differences between teams that are playing thier 3rd season vs. teams playing their 2nd. (though, this is only going to happen in the veteran division in season 3 it will be an issue again in Premiere as well, during season 4.)

If anyone has ideas about this, either way, post here or send me a PM.
pac

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2006 - 10:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Craftnburn wrote:
This had been discussed a bit in the past, as I remember the problem seemed to be teams getting extra games that the rest of the league didn't get.

My suggestion would be just one Trans-Atlantic play-off match, between the two league champions (or other league representatives if the champions are retired or unavailable).

With the system in the White Isle League, some teams play an extra scheduled match at the end of the season anyway (eg, relegation/promotion play-off), so in the gap between two seasons we allow every other team to play a single 'friendly' match (within the group) too. So from our point of view, this NWL-WIL match would replace any end of season friendly for our Premier Division champions.

Presumably, you don't have the same system - but if the match is hard-fought enough, it won't be an advantage for the team that gets to play it! Wink

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2006 - 14:01 Reply with quote Back to top

okay, here is where the NWL stands from what I have been able to piece together from thread posts and catching people in chat. if there is a ? by you please either post here with some info on your status or PM me.

Premiere Division
What a Waste AFK_Eagle159/116Human Not returning
Northern Wastes Jihad-Squad celas195/201Wood Elf not returning
Wasted Northerners Mully183/156Skaven returning
Dead Body Love Affair Kenty198/193Necromantic returning
Permanent Plutocracy Da_ Todfatha186/190Chaos Dwarf returning
Nuln Artillerists gamenutter188/192Human ?
Scielfists Uber191/186Elf ?
Delightful Dead Falcone157/159Undead ?

Veteran Division
Taste The Waste tautology194/194Lizardmen ?
Blud 'n Gutz Craftnburn181/168Orc returning ? assuming returning
Something Skinks in Here hunter168/143Lizardmen ?
Mongrels and Wastrels AlcingRagaholic184/173Chaos Dwarf ?
Tribute to Greatness foolwholaughsatdeath178/167High Elf returning
Mmm Mummies GameAvatar182/177Khemri ?
Nightmare on Sesame Street LurkingGrue165/161Chaos ?
Cult of Cerebus screech141/118Skaven not returning
St Louis Hams prophane164/154Orc ?
Qc Inbreds sehou131/116Chaos ?

Rookie Division
Plowed Under Texan154/156Undead returning
Aeriel Assault Armada bampf141/133High Elf returning
Breakit Down lordchaos145/152Dwarf ?
Wasted Dead Guys BillBrasky136/131Khemri not sure/restarting
River Pirates maxlongstreet130/125Dark Elf ?
Hamilton Miser Bats EvolveToAnarchism128/98Vampire ?
Longest Square ex-convict128/123Elf returning
Insurrextion Slartibart127/119Norse ?

If there is enough interest in a new Rookie team division we will run one, if not we wont. also, notice there are at least 2 slots available in the Premiere Division so Veteran Division Teams will be moving up to the big leagues.
Mully

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2006 - 18:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Mully votes for TR caps for all divisions. Anything to help the Elves.

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2006 - 05:31 Reply with quote Back to top

they are the Elfland Hawks
ty

Domsterlord
tautology

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2006 - 05:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Taste The Waste will return for more psychedelic fumbbling.

Because one championship is not enough!
LurkingGrue

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2006 - 05:49 Reply with quote Back to top

The felt warriors of Nightmare on Sesame Street will return.

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2006 - 05:53 Reply with quote Back to top

The St Louis Hams will definately be on the pitch for season III.

grrrrr

Jump to: