29 coaches online • Server time: 09:08
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post TSC Draftgoto Post 4,000TV!goto Post IBA Draft League
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Lord_Zorg

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2006 - 21:35 Reply with quote Back to top

well I don't think the forfeits will help somone two of my games were forfeited so due to that I don`t have much SPP'S 5 of seven players just need 1 to 2 SPP'S to get a skill now they won't get it till the end of season.

So don't tell me forfeits make the game easier
reo19uk

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2006 - 21:40 Reply with quote Back to top

i agree entirely gives garenteed points but doesnt help in the long run
Walks_in_the_Sun

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2006 - 22:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Don't get me wrong - my guys are in great shape because I've played all my games. I'm just saying there's no way to know if you'd win or lose the games that are forfeited to you. I lost my second time to a weaker team with a losing record.
reo19uk

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2006 - 22:48 Reply with quote Back to top

ok looks like a few people have finished their games lets see if everyone else can finish theres quickly and we can look at getting season 2 started
Walks_in_the_Sun

Post   Posted: Jan 02, 2007 - 22:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, as a reference, at time of writing there are still 5 games unplayed - one in each Div, with two in Div 3. This means each Div still has a chance to claim fastest finish!

First, I want to thank dacliff and Flying Saucer for playing our final game. The boys from Flying Saucer had only six men to field, and were a longshot to win. They fought hard, but in the end fell 4-0 to the division leaders. With this historic victory, Richmond Arms claims supremacy in Division 2 and a spot in Division 1 for next season. Sadly, the defeat ends nearly all hope for Flying Saucer to advance; good luck next season, guys!
kemimutt

Post   Posted: Jan 02, 2007 - 22:22 Reply with quote Back to top

I say that the remaining games should be ignored. They are probably so long overdue because they dont matter, they cam't change anything. Start the playoffs for the top teams and give them one or two weeks so that next season can get started - old players leaving and players on the waiting list let in. Otherwise the league might slowly decay from inactivity.
Walks_in_the_Sun

Post   Posted: Jan 02, 2007 - 22:27 Reply with quote Back to top

So, this means the Division 2 playoff, and with it, the chance to claim the second coveted spot in Div 1, will include King Arm, once division leaders, but now down to six men, McThirsty's, who boast an extra-strong blitzer and the best TR/TS of the group, and Port o'Leith, who have the unusual setup of two catchers and a lineman-turned-passer, and who have the distincion of having beaten me in the season opener. The fourth spot will likely go to Kaktus Pub if they beat or draw a forfeit from division-worst Dank's Tankard All-Stars.

From this group, I think McThirsty's and Port o'Leith have the best chances, but I'd like to see Port o'Leith advance to Div 1 so I can have another chance to beat them. Good luck to all you guys!
Walks_in_the_Sun

Post   Posted: Jan 02, 2007 - 22:30 Reply with quote Back to top

well, kemmi, I'm glad that decision hadn't been made yet, because it took me 'til today to finally catch up with dacliff. That said, everyone's had plenty of time and I would like to get started on season 2.
Walks_in_the_Sun

Post   Posted: Jan 02, 2007 - 22:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, it's time now to toot my own horn: My team has the best score in the top 3 divisions (tied to no less than 3 members of Div 4, though; good work guys! Tough that you can't all advance, but who knows? Maybe with retirements...). We managed (just!) to play all 9 of our games, and can boast a 7/0/2 record that includes 4 shutouts and the two losses were only by 1 point... We have a 15 point touchdown difference and (miraculously!) finished the season having suffered only a single Badly Hurt result, so all 7 men played all 9 matches. Naturally, we refrained from fouling entirely.

The team ended the season with a league-best TR/TS of 105/103
The team now boasts a respectable FF of 4.
They had 20000 fans show up to their season ender (having only 2000 at the opener) and received a purse of 80000 twice.
Every member of the team has at least 1 CAS and 2 TDs.

Team leaders:
Christian passed for 25 yards.
James rushed for 81, earned 37 SPPs, and had 5 comps, 5 TDs, and 3 MVPs.
Mike threw 79 blocks.
Charles had 4 casualties.
Ollie had 1 interception.

Now, I'm as pleased as punch with these guys, but I'm sure some of you can show me some nubers to blow these away.

Last edited by Walks_in_the_Sun on %b %02, %2007 - %23:%Jan; edited 3 times in total
kemimutt

Post   Posted: Jan 02, 2007 - 22:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Walks_in_the_Sun wrote:
well, kemmi, I'm glad that decision hadn't been made yet, because it took me 'til today to finally catch up with dacliff. That said, everyone's had plenty of time and I would like to get started on season 2.

Ofc. no such decision could be made as long as the games could have some impact on the outcome. But the games left can't change anything (mabe one game could rob someone of a playofs slot but probably not.
Walks_in_the_Sun

Post   Posted: Jan 02, 2007 - 22:59 Reply with quote Back to top

True - the Div 2 game could solidify Kaktus, but I'm not sure, they could possibly already have the slot on tiebreakers. On the other hand, if they could lose, that would take them out, wouldn't it? Both coaches have been online in the last 10 hours, so should the match be forfeited, would the winner be chosen on a coinflip? Maybe these guys should have something like a 48 hour deadline after the Anniversary thing is over.
kemimutt

Post   Posted: Jan 02, 2007 - 23:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Cave Inn
won two of their games with the stunning 5-0 and ended the season with a td-diff of 16-3 with only 5 games played. Thats more than 3 TD scored on average and less than one TD allowed backwards each game.

Mat
scored 4 TD in a single game!

Bryan
had 5 cas.

Thanks to Walks_in_the_Sun for helping me with the links!

Last edited by kemimutt on %b %02, %2007 - %23:%Jan; edited 1 time in total
kemimutt

Post   Posted: Jan 02, 2007 - 23:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Walks_in_the_Sun wrote:
True - the Div 2 game could solidify Kaktus, but I'm not sure, they could possibly already have the slot on tiebreakers. On the other hand, if they could lose, that would take them out, wouldn't it? Both coaches have been online in the last 10 hours, so should the match be forfeited, would the winner be chosen on a coinflip? Maybe these guys should have something like a 48 hour deadline after the Anniversary thing is over.

You are right, div 2 looks like alot could happend, and its ok with me if they get some more time, but does it matter? Both players have been online alot, maybe they just dont care to play their game? If noone have claimed that they have been trying to get the game going maybe the games should just be draws, leaving the table as it is.

But the other div could perhaps start the playoffs? The div 2 can cath up with the others.
Walks_in_the_Sun

Post   Posted: Jan 02, 2007 - 23:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Good job Kemi!

5-0 is impressive, and 4 TDs in one game for a single player is probably a league-best mark. Anyone know differently?

ps quote one of my posts to see
kemimutt

Post   Posted: Jan 02, 2007 - 23:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Walks_in_the_Sun wrote:
Good job Kemi!

5-0 is impressive, and 4 TDs in one game for a single player is probably a league-best mark. Anyone know differently?

ps quote one of my posts to see

4 TD in one game is league best, I have checked!
 Jump to: