76 coaches online • Server time: 21:45
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post SWL Season CIgoto Post My 1st Blackbox tour...goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Woodstock

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2009 - 23:23 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
Qualifier #14 finals match is set.

Two Thunders VS Drinking for World Peace

Well a classic High Elf VS Dwarf match up in the final.

The Two Thunders is a really nice High Elf squad that is well rounded and if it goes by the numbers should be able to elf ball their way around the dwarfs with ease. They have some gold for a wizard so that will be a wild card.

Drinking for world peace will be getting a handicap and they bring Zara into the match to give them some AG help in this one. But can the dorfs tie down the High Elves and start laying in the boot?

Going with the AG and zara will get sent off after the first score for her stakes that she will never use in the game.

Two Thunders over Drinking for world Peace 2-1

You were right with the score, but for the wrong reasons Wink
Reisender

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2009 - 23:57 Reply with quote Back to top

argh my opponent used the potion and retired a missing...

its getting tough
rackasaur

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2009 - 00:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, if he drops 1 more TR he gets an extra handicap.... I would expect that too.
TommyK

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2009 - 00:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Ohh PaintState... Very Happy in first round you predicted my 0-3 loss gainst dark elves. Now there comes a from my point even better dark elf team to face my T-Stones in Round 2... and you predict my 2-1 win??? I had all my luck (Nuffle, Thanks for that) in Round 1, and yes, I mean all my luck... and so, for sure, I am going to lose that one BIG. By the way, the game will be on Sunday, 7.30 PM and the chat language will be german, cause my opponent, Thorim, is a very nice german coach who will kick my ass as it has never been kicked before... Sad Hmm... do I even want to go to the final??? To face these ugly bloodseeking Orcs? I am not sure about this at the moment... Hope to see you there guys. Have a nice night!
PainState

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2009 - 16:05 Reply with quote Back to top

TommyK wrote:
Ohh PaintState... Very Happy in first round you predicted my 0-3 loss gainst dark elves. Now there comes a from my point even better dark elf team to face my T-Stones in Round 2... and you predict my 2-1 win??? I had all my luck (Nuffle, Thanks for that) in Round 1, and yes, I mean all my luck... and so, for sure, I am going to lose that one BIG. By the way, the game will be on Sunday, 7.30 PM and the chat language will be german, cause my opponent, Thorim, is a very nice german coach who will kick my ass as it has never been kicked before... Sad Hmm... do I even want to go to the final??? To face these ugly bloodseeking Orcs? I am not sure about this at the moment... Hope to see you there guys. Have a nice night!

Well I agree that you should get buried. BUT Niemande has bad karma going into the game and Nuffle is displeased with him after last games no hands glitch exploit. We will see how it plays out.

Post   Posted: Aug 21, 2009 - 17:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Impressive predictions from Wrckage - right down to the score line...

But all the others seem to have turned out COMPLETELY wrong! (from my cursory browsing)
PainState

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2009 - 23:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Lomack wrote:
Impressive predictions from Wrckage - right down to the score line...

But all the others seem to have turned out COMPLETELY wrong! (from my cursory browsing)

I would say to not do a cursory browsing and instead do through research and you will find that all my picks are spot on. Just because the final score did not work out does not mean I did not see the true result coming. You can only post one winning score after all.

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2009 - 00:07 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
Just picking some games that have seem to fallen under the radar.

FC Altdorf vs Dandelion Eaters

Well this is a big match up in qulaifier #12. We got a classic match with a former Major winner in the Dandelion Eaters trying to repeat as a major champion. And the FC Altdorf crew trying to punch their way into the main draw to keep Humanities chances alive.

It is a even match so no handicaps. Which greatly aids the FC crew, carrying 3 nigglers and virus, well we know what happens then. But the FC crew lost their anchor on the LOS when their Ogre was face planted into the turf and killed. But they have a solid blitzer core to make up for that.

The Dandelion crew is filled with veterans of the pitch and they know the game plan, play serious elf ball and win the day.

It will be an interesting match up.

FC Altdorf over the Dandelion Eaters 2-1 in OT. FC Altdorf will slowly grind down the wood elves and take it in OT as they roll over the remains of the elves

You were right this time... although we didn't reach the OT, thanks to nuffle, my armor rolls and the sneaking ko's Razz

Btw, Jugon finaly has reached the legend status (my first ever) but he has aged again with a second niggle. As I expected before join the Lustrian, this will be his last tourney and after it he will join team's staff.

Now its time to think how to kill that ST6 bull centaur... Laughing
Kharnete

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2009 - 01:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Races already classified for the final draw:

Dark Elf: 2
High Elf: 2
Chaos Dwarf: 1
Chaos: 1
Dwarf: 1

With options to pass to the final draw (9 spots left):

Orc: 6 (2 on the same qualy)
Dark Elf: 4
Chaos: 3
Wood Elf: 2 (both on the same qualy)
Skaven: 2
Chaos Dwarf: 2
Dwarf: 2
Human: 1
Ogre: 1

Starting Racial Distribution
Reisender

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2009 - 10:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Teams qualified so far:

Falling Down - Dark Elf - 341/281
Higgis Haubencenter - Wood Elf - 319/308
Jerusalem - Chaos - 313/285
Big Hats FTW - Chaos Dwarf - 280/255
Karond Kar Poetry - Dark Elf - 273/256
Por Tutatis! - Orc - 261/223
Two Thunders - High Elf - 250/220
Reavers of Babylos IV - Chaos Dwarf - 249/227 (*2)
Empire Strikes Back Insanity - High Elf - 251/243 (*1)
Flachpfeifens 4th Try - Skaven - 239/186
Darkhill Miners - Dwarf - 234/197 (*2)

* = number of prep matches played so far. 3 maximum.

Edit: Welcome Flachpfeifen to the tourney!
Edit: Welcome Big Hats FTW and Stompy
Edit: Welcome Greenskins of Por Tutatis!
Edit: Welcome Higgis Haubencenter! Can the gangfouls stop them?

Last edited by Reisender on %b %27, %2009 - %20:%Aug; edited 2 times in total
Reisender

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2009 - 21:50 Reply with quote Back to top

updated for more teams in the LC and prep matches
xcver

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2009 - 22:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Kharnete wrote:
PainState wrote:
Just picking some games that have seem to fallen under the radar.

FC Altdorf vs Dandelion Eaters

Well this is a big match up in qulaifier #12. We got a classic match with a former Major winner in the Dandelion Eaters trying to repeat as a major champion. And the FC Altdorf crew trying to punch their way into the main draw to keep Humanities chances alive.

It is a even match so no handicaps. Which greatly aids the FC crew, carrying 3 nigglers and virus, well we know what happens then. But the FC crew lost their anchor on the LOS when their Ogre was face planted into the turf and killed. But they have a solid blitzer core to make up for that.

The Dandelion crew is filled with veterans of the pitch and they know the game plan, play serious elf ball and win the day.

It will be an interesting match up.

FC Altdorf over the Dandelion Eaters 2-1 in OT. FC Altdorf will slowly grind down the wood elves and take it in OT as they roll over the remains of the elves

You were right this time... although we didn't reach the OT, thanks to nuffle, my armor rolls and the sneaking ko's Razz

Btw, Jugon finaly has reached the legend status (my first ever) but he has aged again with a second niggle. As I expected before join the Lustrian, this will be his last tourney and after it he will join team's staff.

Now its time to think how to kill that ST6 bull centaur... Laughing

well and that it wasn't a grind, but rather a blowout Smile

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2009 - 22:16 Reply with quote Back to top

WEll I was going to jump in here and give a prediction for the FC Altdorf VS Big Hats finals match But missed out. The Big Hats grind the FC Altdorf crew into the pitch and take home the win and advance to the Main Draw. Humanities last chance was bull rushed into the ground and then a big pile of Cow manure was dumped on them.

Well I was going to go with the FC Altdorf crew in an upset/sentimental pick. Oh well.

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2009 - 23:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Am I right in thinking that prep matches have to be played before Wednesday as the calendar appears to suggest so - it states - qualifiers final deadline and finals application deadline - does this mean no games can be played after this date and that teams must be applied and flat entry trimmmed by this date?
Reisender

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2009 - 23:43 Reply with quote Back to top

hmmmm dont know... they say both flat entry for application and when tourney starts right?
 Jump to: