67 coaches online • Server time: 20:07
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post Secret Stunty Cup - ...goto Post Convince a friend to...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Valen

Post   Posted: Jan 04, 2006 - 15:04 Reply with quote Back to top

I have set up a halfling team, they will be approved soon hopefully
Valen

Post   Posted: Jan 04, 2006 - 16:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Approved and applied :D
sKink

Post   Posted: Jan 04, 2006 - 18:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Does this group have a channel in irc? It would be much easier to find people you are playing against there.
Melmoth

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2006 - 15:21 Reply with quote Back to top

I would really like to have a Lizzard Team in our league, who takes the challenge?
Melmoth

Post   Posted: Jan 24, 2006 - 10:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi, we have still some slots free for new teams to play in second season. Just check our group page, take a team that is available and applie. Two more weaks left to play 3 PreSaison games.

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=2942
El_Jairo

Post   Posted: Jan 24, 2006 - 11:20 Reply with quote Back to top

I think I might give it a try. I'll make a woody team and apply.

ok, made (but I chose a controversial theme: Nazi generals, hope they don't mind) EDIT: team approved: Joy!! Time to add some pics.

And why can wood elves only have 12 (twelve!!) linemen? Hmm, I see almost every team only can have 12 linemen....

Last edited by El_Jairo on %b %24, %2006 - %11:%Jan; edited 1 time in total
Melmoth

Post   Posted: Jan 24, 2006 - 11:49 Reply with quote Back to top

All Teams can only have 12 Linemen except the weaker ones like Gobos and Flings
Optihut

Post   Posted: Jan 24, 2006 - 11:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Melmoth wrote:
All Teams can only have 12 Linemen except the weaker ones like Gobos and Flings

And undead!
Melmoth

Post   Posted: Jan 24, 2006 - 12:07 Reply with quote Back to top

yes and Im thinkin about limiting them(not to ur favour I know) but I think I need to. I thought about limiting them down to 12 but existing teams can still have their players but cant buy any new one if players die or get retired untill they are down to 12. Optihut, could u live with that? Please tell me. The reason is that I think they will get too strong in a few games/seasons with that player advantage and if u have 2-3 DP Games would be very boring and one sides. Also Khemri and Necro Teams wouldnt have any reason to complain anymore
Optihut

Post   Posted: Jan 24, 2006 - 15:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Of course they are going to have an edge somewhere along the line, but starting out with low movement and low agility doesn't exactly help getting them there. Plus, having no wizard is a huge disadvantage.

Could I live with it? Well, truth be told, I picked undead for the reason that I could have 16 players and from the 4 games played I've tied 2 and lost 2 - not exactly grand stats for the undead there. If the incentive that at some point I am going to have good players with superior numbers is going to be stripped, there's no point to start out with a sub par team. At least that's my opinion.
Melmoth

Post   Posted: Jan 24, 2006 - 19:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes its difficult I agree, to play with only Linemen can never be that balanced I think. I just thought it isnt fair compared with the khemri or necro Teams. And I have been told so often from other coaches now cause they cant understand this thing.
gandresch

Post   Posted: Jan 24, 2006 - 19:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi!

I played chaos the last season. It was fun Smile. Ok, the game against the amas wasn't that cool and the one against the dwarves ... and perhaps the one against the norse (that one was nasty). But all in all, i think that 12 players for each race (except gobos, flings, and undead) should be enough. If an undead player wants to have more than 12 players i think it should be ok. A khemri team with only 12 skels might not be that good in playing the game but i think it's a lot of fun. Finally your TR here never gets over 110 or so. You always get a lot of handycaps. (don't forget what handycaps to a 12 player team mean)
It's a fun league, the games always have been kind of funny and i like to play it. Who ever has given his first skel Sure Hands and what a pleasure it was for me to give my first beastman claw. It will take ages until he gets block, but who cares Smile.
I like the OLL. The only two things that should be perhaps changed is the size of the tournaments (bigger, about +2 or +3 teams) and the time the games are played (a bit faster).
I can recommend it to those who want to have fun and i admire those coaches who play khemri, undead or whatever.

gan
Melmoth

Post   Posted: Jan 24, 2006 - 19:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Thx Gan, I open a third slot for each race as soon as all "good" races are taken(in the moment I have thrown out some Coaches and some left, so a few "good races" are left. And I will speed up the league, I thought about making the divisions open round league with a fixed end date, lets say one month. Would that be good? Any helpfull advice will ne noticed. Cheers!!
El_Jairo

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2006 - 12:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey Melmoth, I'm more in favor of a fixed division competition (like in most sports) but I can also see the benefit of an open round: rewarding coaches who put more effort in playing in this league.

I have a question about the pre-season because I tried to fix me a game yesterday but not everyone knows what is allowed. If I understand it right: we are entitle to play 3 games against OLL teams (unless they are in play-offs).

And hereby I ask teams to play against my rookie WE.

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2006 - 12:20 Reply with quote Back to top

This is a great idea... but how many teams can each player join with? it seems like some players have many teams in different races, if so -the entire point disappear to me!!!
 Jump to: