31 coaches online • Server time: 12:12
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Chaos Dwarves are th...goto Post Bug Report: Unable t...goto Post Gnomes are great!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Nehver

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2006 - 12:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Thank You Coaches for an always interesting, 5 Star Season!

But now, it's on to the 5 Star Bowl! Let's see who will win it all, and be named 5 Star Champs this season.

Congratulations to coach <b>Megalomania</b>, who took his team <b>"No Fear!"</b>, to a first place victory in the Celestial Conference! Joining him in the Championship playoffs, representiing Celestial will be <b>Killers of the Dead</b>, <b>Four turtles and a rat!</b>, and <b>Dodge Druids</b>

Rounding out the last four seats of the Championship playoffs, representing Cosmos are <b>Eshin's Dagger</b>, <b>Fivestar Runner</b>, <b>And Then There Were Five</b>, and of course... our Cosmos champs this season, first place <b>Clan Shadowpride</b>! Congrats coach Jolt!

So there we are, 5 Star Bowl is set... so let the games begin!!!!
Good Luck, and Have Fun!!!!
-Nehver

(promotion/demotion games soon to come)
Tophat

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2006 - 13:05 Reply with quote Back to top

If I wanted to join for next season would i have to start with a new team or any suitable five man team will do ?

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2006 - 14:00 Reply with quote Back to top

New teams only, this is a league where you gotta work your way up from the bottom Wink
-Nehver
Nehver

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2006 - 14:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Okay, here are the promotion/demotion matches that need to be played.

Cosmos vs Meteorite
Winners advance to Cosmos Division
Losers fall to Meteorite Division
Five legs mutton vs Five Alive
I Kaotici 5 vs Noisy Humans

Meteorite vs Asteroid
Winners advance to Meteorite Division
Losers Fall on their Asteroids Wink
Speak and Spell vs Dawn Of A New Dark Age
Khorny Fiverz vs 5 Stars

Once you've played the match, PM me with the URL for the match report, so I can keep track of team promotions/demotions for next season.
You may play these matches whenever you'd like... but make sure they are finished before the 5 Star Bowl Playoffs are over. Once playoffs are finished, if I have not received match reports for these games... I'll start flippin' coins to see who ends up where! So get these games played! Wink
Good Luck to all
-Nehver
El_Jairo

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2006 - 02:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey never, thank you for the kewl 5 Stars league, where it all is about the stars!

I was thinking: "Do we have a fluff thread where we can talk tales about those heroïc figures?"

'Cause our Tumbble and Fumbble team is delighted to see their standings even improved to champs of Meteorite Division.
But there floats a dark clowd over some stars.
Needy is heard to have taken a bad road. We don't know if he will finish this season...
Crazy is under some pain lately. It looks like he is not going to recover but still he is crazy for blood!

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2006 - 09:08 Reply with quote Back to top

No we don't..... yet. However if this is something we are interested in, ew can sure start one.
-Nehver
El_Jairo

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2006 - 10:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Lol Nehver, I just noticed I joined fumbbl exactly one year after you Smile This can't be coincidence.
The 8th of july must be a boring day Wink

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2006 - 18:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Well what else is there to do on the fourth day of your hangover after the big fireworks party Wink

Actually, I don't think that's the date you joined fummbl though... I think that's the date you joined this league. Cause if you look in your info profile, you'll see a different date under the "member since" category. Razz
Samuli

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2006 - 23:29 Reply with quote Back to top

How were the teams paired in 5 Star Bowl VI? It looks random. At least, in is not by TR, CR, or league standing. I just started to wonder when I realised none of the four skaven teams have to face each other Smile
Nehver

Post   Posted: Jun 23, 2006 - 07:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, it was a random seating.
And yes, ironic how none of the ratz are facing each other THIS round, lol.
-Nehver
Nehver

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2006 - 20:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Our first Season 7 Prelim match has been completed!
I Kaotic 5, was able to overcome Noisy Humans, and Defend their seat in the Cosmos Division!
So it'll be another season in Meteorite for Noisy Humans, but keep an eye on this team...
I think season 7 is their time!
-Nehver
Ansalon

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2006 - 20:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi,

I just applied to join with my team Trial. Looking forward to a hopefully death-free season (assuming there's a spot for my team).
Nehver

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2006 - 06:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome ansalon4!
No worries, there will definately be a spot for your team.

In Season 7, there will be only 1 Asteroid division. All coaches who haven't
made it into Meteorite or higher, will be place in Asteroid.

Due to the fact that over seasons past, there have been alot of forfeits handed out
in Asteroid due to coaches not meeting the deadlines, or just not playing any games...
Season 7's Asteroid Division will be open round robin. That way those who are serious
and want to play, dont have to wait around through 3 or 4 rounds of coaches not showing
up. Play at will, and fight to the top.

Currently there are 9 or 10 teams lined up for next season's asteroid.

-Nehver
Nehver

Post 12 Posted: Jul 14, 2006 - 20:13 Reply with quote Back to top

<b><u>Season7 Roster is set!</b></u>

Congrats to all coaches who participated in season 6! Although there is still one more promotion/demotion match to be played...
the outcome will not alter next season's line-up. How is this you ask? I'll explain...

The one game waiting to be played is "Meteorite vs Asteroid, Game 1"... Speak and Spell vs. Dawn of a New Dark Age.
Winner of this match locks in seat #6 in Meteorite Division... Loser gets seat#2 in Asteroid Division.
Well, due to the fact that we have 4 coaches who will not be returning for season 7, all teams below them are being bumped up 4 seats in order to fill those empty slots. Therefore, winner of the above mentioned match would bump from seat#6-Meteorite, to seat#2 Meteorite... and loser would bump from seat#2-Asteroid, to seat#6 Meteorite. So you see, both coaches/teams will end up in Meteorite regardless of the outcome of that match. So I was able to set the Season7 roster early. The above game can stiill be played if you wish... however you still only have until the final match is played, as a deadline.

With that said. 4 Good coaches will be sorely missed next season. I was notified by these coaches,
that due to circumstances beyond their control, they would have to sit out a season. These coaches are:

<u><b>Fanatic </u></b> with <b>Killers of the Dead</b>,
<u><b>Aconite</u></b> with <b>Bits and Pieces</b>,
<u><b>Karhumies</u></b> with <b>Norse Runners</b>,
and
<u><b>Arcon</u></b> with <b>Necro 5 Stars</b>
You four have been great... and, I for, one anxiously await your returns.

So, that is why three coaches that were due to play in promotion/demotion matches didn't need to. Jolt, Odi, and Samuli, were given wins, and automatically advance to Celestial Division next season! Congratulations!

That said, here is the new line up for season 7!

<b><u>Celestial Conference</b></u>
1-Four turtles and a rat!, Tricktickler
2- Dodge Druids, slanter
3- Eshin’s Dagger, sk8bcn
4- Fivestar Runner, Samuli
5- And Then There Were Five, Odi
6- Clan Shadowpride, jolt
7- Five Times Duh, peikko
8- Five Legs Mutton, Starflam

<b><u>Cosmos Conference</b></u>
1- I Kaotic 5, psybard
2-Tumbble And Fumbble, El Jairo
3-Enorma Divor, Hellmeister
4- Mighty Sauropod lords Habeli
5- Death Strikes All, Jinxed
6- Noisy Humans, Lord Rummick IV
7- Five Alive, G Force
8- Khorny Fiverz, Dadoz

<b><u>Meteorite Division</b></u>
1- Dawn of a New Dark Age, cthol
2- Everglade Watchers, Nachtogen
3- Karaz A Bryn, Prymj
4- Speak and Spell, f0rd
5- 5 Stars, Nehver
6- Ready Men, keggiemckill
7- Calimshan’s Twisted Rune, Nalavara
8- Rise and Fall, Quezacotl

<b><u>Asteroid Division</b></u>
1- Blackswamp Superstars, Kyyberi
2- Mithril Mascots, TheViking
3- Stars of the North, Thunderchild
4- Moot Munchkins, andersm73
5- Fox Force Five, SergeiBautin
6- Them Horsemen, Bacillen
7- Doggie Bags, hellmaister
8- Trial 5, ansalon4
9- 5 Lords of Chaos, brann1963
(any new teams applying will be added to this Asteroid list.)

Good Luck to all, and once playoffs are completed... we will kick off Seaon 7!!! (that means all coaches feel free to PM bomb the finalists to hurry the heck up) Twisted Evil

-Nehver

Last edited by Nehver on %b %22, %2006 - %08:%Jul; edited 4 times in total
cthol

Post   Posted: Jul 14, 2006 - 20:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Howdy Nehver, I coach Dawn of a New Dark Age. I talked to you about being unable to play this game since the other coach is permanently offline, this hasn't changed since then Smile I guess we'll be unable to play the game, but since it doesn't affect the league placing I guess it's no big deal.

Cthol
 Jump to: