44 coaches online • Server time: 14:46
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post TSC Draftgoto Post 4,000TV!goto Post IBA Draft League
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What do you think of this bounty system?
No way we add a bounty system, that's silly!
21%
 21%  [ 6 ]
A bounty system sounds ok, but this prop is bad! Need improvement!
17%
 17%  [ 5 ]
I want a bounty system too! This doesn't sound too bad, let's add it!
60%
 60%  [ 17 ]
Total Votes : 28

DirtyBrian

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2007 - 06:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Don't vote if you aren't part of the group, thanks. Also if you are part of the group and voted, please answer this thread so it will be more reliable.

Hey mate from 4vs4IT,

It has beed discussed quite a lot already, many think we need a bounty system. Here is a starting proposition, it sounds good enough to me but this thread is meant for us to discuss it and improve it.

What's a bounty system?

If a bounty is added on a player, if someone kills that player his team will earn some points.

What players will get a bounty?

Players decide themselves, if they want a bounty on a player they just PM a member of the staff. They should precise what player they want a bounty on, but also what team is willing that player to die. More than one team can ask to put a bounty on the same player.

Who get the awards?

If the designed player get killed, points will be awarded to the killer's team and retired from the team(s) who asked for it.

How many points it costs?

0-50 spps target: 1 point
51-125 spps target: 2 points
126+ spps target: 3 points

The cost is decided when the bounty is put on, won't increase if the target gets more spps later.
nexusvalhees

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2007 - 06:27 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm all for it heh but i'm sure you already knew that
Fizban

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2007 - 06:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Bounties are always fun, but with this method, the first bounty awarded will cause the team to asked for it to go to negative points. Is that intended?

Fiz
DirtyBrian

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2007 - 06:50 Reply with quote Back to top

No Fizban, the teams already win poins thanks to IT and majors, they will be able to use them for a bounty Smile

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2007 - 07:11 Reply with quote Back to top

give this guy a bounty! He needs one!
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&player_id=2141234

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2007 - 09:00 Reply with quote Back to top

i am in for a bounty
my suggestion is that you need 10 points to call a bounty, but if the bounty triggers the killer gets a random mutation, bcs the chaos god likes the death of him and got enough bribe to watch for his dead

if the player is retired nothing happens and the points are lost
Fizban

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2007 - 09:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Oooo - I like that!
nexusvalhees

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2007 - 10:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Vanguard wrote:
i am in for a bounty
my suggestion is that you need 10 points to call a bounty, but if the bounty triggers the killer gets a random mutation, bcs the chaos god likes the death of him and got enough bribe to watch for his dead

if the player is retired nothing happens and the points are lost

fraid that's not posible heh cant award any prizes like that in leagues
Vanguard

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2007 - 11:51 Reply with quote Back to top

but it would be nice Razz
reo19uk

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2007 - 13:30 Reply with quote Back to top

i think there should also be a advantage to sum1 putting a bounty on 1 of your players

For example if he survives 10 matches after the bounty is put on his head that coach recieves the bounty and the bounty dissapears
Skindog

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2007 - 15:01 Reply with quote Back to top

i think the bounty system would be awesome, and i like Reo's idea of a bonus for him surviving

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2007 - 15:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Alrighty, I'm going to elaborate my idea that I gave on IRC about the bounty system and how it might work smoothly, taking everyone's ideas together and compromising.

First, when you put a bounty on a player, you give up points from your team's IT tournament table. You choose which team you want to give the points up from, but you cannot go negative. Meaning, if you have 0 points, you can't put a bounty on someone.

Second, bounty points are given to specific players (not teams) and kept in a seperate table, apart from the IT tournament table. Your team does not get IT tournament points for taking out a bountied player. It's specific to just bounties and to the player getting the bounties. Think of Boba Fett and his collection of Wookie scalps.

Third, the bounty only lasts for so long. This needs a final number set, but it could run between 10 and 20 games for the player. After this time, the points offered for the bounty are lost from the team that offered, and (again, not sure how just yet) the team/player/coach that had the bounty placed on them receives the points. It might be a third table of, maybe IT's Most Wanted.. the ones that escaped bounties and are still alive and going. Might go to the team's IT tournament table points. That point is up for suggestion.

Next, to go along with the previous paragraph, free games of 4vs4 do not count towards this game limit. This means you can't have a friend just let your guy live. You have to enter an IT. To go along with this, you do NOT get bounty points in free games. You can only get bounty points in IT tournaments.

More thoughts to come, maybe.

ADDENDUM:

Just to clarify, you can still -play- free games with a bountied player. It's just that the number of games (10, 20, whatever) isn't reduced by playing free games. Only IT tournament games.
reo19uk

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2007 - 15:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Just to let u know whatever u decide at maximum I can only ave 1 more table on the group page.

Any more than 1 table will start to take up too much room
DirtyBrian

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2007 - 15:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Concerning the 3rd point, about that bounty should wear off. I'm the kind of coatch that would want to have a bounty on the head of all my players and would be happy to keep them, even happier if they increase as time goes. But might be the only one thinking like that?

As you said the way bounties wear off shouldn't be too easy ... Problem is it will be hard to keep track of the IT games played as they disappear from the group page quite fast ... So you basicaly ask for staff members to update the table carefuly after every IT. I can tell you already some won't want to. Another idea, but I don't think Reo will like that according to what had been said on IRC, is to make the bounty wear off once your team suffered a given number of cas since the bounty appeared ... Like 5, 7 and 10 depending on the size of the bounty. This is easly checkable and doesn't require updating. If a bounty wear off, the player has to PM a staff member who'll chek and do what's needed if that's right.

Now to have it running properly you need 2 tables. One with the currrently active bounty and how many games the related teams played when it started (to check cas or/and played IT games), and another with the points earned by the different coatch (with 2 columns, one for kills and the other for surviving). I don't think awarding points for the teams (instead of coatch) who killed or survived is a good idea, since we probably won't have that many bounties to reach some descend score.

EDIT: Ok reo, then just forget the table for active bounties and make a list ... Oh wait that's basicaly the same hehe. Whatever we decide, unless points aren't specific to bounties and are added to the normal score, we need a table to keep track of the score (one line a coatch) and another to keep track of the current bounties (one line a player).

Last edited by DirtyBrian on %b %29, %2007 - %15:%Apr; edited 1 time in total
reo19uk

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2007 - 15:30 Reply with quote Back to top

i dont like the idea of people spending points to put a head on a bounty if the points do not then go back to a team in the main group as this means points will dissapear from the group this basically means as long as you do not put any of the bounties on people heads tht means u have automatically pulled away by some points on people in the group. I'm not sure how this wud be rectified as if points did go to the killer then people could just concentrate on doing the killing and never put on a bounty and then they will pull further away in the group. I'm sure there would be a way of making it fair but not sure how.

2nd My point on tables in the group is that if there is toomuch information before you even get to the teams its too much for poeple to be looking at this is why for the 4vs4 hall of fame there is a link to click on taking u to a separate page. This is the best way for sum1 to set this with just a link as this will mean whoever it is that wants to run this will be able to do the work on the tables and no updating will need doing on the group page. Also this format saves a lot of room.
 Jump to: